Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pasión de Gavilanes, Wed. 8-20: Abuelo discovers an 'amor prohibido' ; Feo gets a shock, reacquaints with his cousin and hires some new employees

A lot happened today. We saw Don Martín have this catalepsy-type attack before. Fortunately, Feonando is an evil weakling and can't actually kill his father in law. So now Abuelo is in the same sanatorium as Fruit Lady (Hortensia). I'm sure that will be significant.
Grabi's brain must be addled by drugs or she would never have accepted Malcom's Don Martín charade. The real Don Martín would never allow his wheelchair to be pushed around by Carmela. Where did they get a wig for Malcom with about 2 minutes notice?
If before it seemed ridiculous that her daughters would stay with Grabiela, it now seems ridiculous that they are agreeing to stay away. But this part of the plot isn't going to go forward until the writers are good and ready and there is no way they can have the girls show up at the Hacienda without finding out what is going on or getting shot by Dínorah.

Abuelo catches Feonando cheating on Grabi with a wanted criminal.

Abuelo comes back to life!

Feonando gets a nasty surprise!


Why you should drive with an unconscious person in the back seat.

Malcom in his Don Martín disguise fooling Grabi.


Feonando's evil cousin who happens to run a mental hospital.



Juan and Norma #1


Juan and Norma #2

Juan and Norma #3


This pair of nitwits don't add much to the brain power at the Hacienda.

Labels:


Comments:
Great pictures as always, Jean! I'll let you guess which ones I like best. (Drool...)
 

Thanks for the shots and comments Jean. Gabi didn't seem too convinced about her dad letting Carmela push his chair, but she eventually relented. I do suspect all the drugs she's taking are starting to cloud her judgment.

I also wondered how they got a wig so quickly. Dinora had a bunch of disguises at one point, but I don't think she had time to pack them to bring over. Come to think of it, where did she get any clothes to wear? I think I saw her in Gabi's robe, but I can't see anything else fitting her. Alas, I don't think these particular questions will ever be answered.

I thought the close-up of Hortensia while Don Martin raved was meant to foresee something as well. Who knows? Maybe he'll help Hortensia snap out of it and she'll in turn help him run away. Then again, maybe they'll let him take in some air (while heavily sedated off course) and either Miguel or Manolo will see him when they come to visit mom and bring the chisme back to the hacienda.
 

Impressive new stage outfit Rosario debuted today, the “white” outfit. Now if she only had as many songs as outfits, I’d be happier…

How big an idiot is Fernando telling Manolo y Miguel that they’re selling the place & moving to Europe? The daughters don’t think it’s strange that Gab would pick up & move to Europe, just strange that she wouldn’t tell them about it? She seems very obviously attached to the land, a fact I assume wouldn’t be unknown to her daughters. Her suddenly selling off should be a HUGE red flag, especially the news coming from Fernando and not Gabriela herself.

Sending M&M over by themselves wasn’t good enough, anyway. One or more of the daughters and/or sons-in-law should have been sneaking into the house to gather intelligence and/or pulling people out (Gabriela or Martín) while M&M were distracting Fern.

I also scoffed at the ridiculousness of the idea that Martín would let Carmela push him around in his wheelchair; ditto with the “instant” gray wig & glasses for Malcolm’s disguise. Even if these did happen to be one in the house somewhere, how the heck would they know?

Sweet scene with Juan & Norma discussing her concerns in bed. Still, when he asks what he can do to stop her worrying, I couldn’t help but shout, “GO TO THE HACIENDA!!!!!” I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the fact that the obvious is absent so often in telenovelas.

I couldn’t believe that the “super-dangerous” Agustin Serreiro gambler guy to whom Fernando owed money was stupid enough to be handled by Herzog & Rubinski. I felt I’d seen this actor before in this show. I think this was the same actor who played a character who was accidentally poisoned instead of Armando, in one Memo's many fouled-up assassination attempts.

Related, but off-topic: I'm not a MySpace person, but one click led to another tonight I surfed onto the pages of both Mario Cimarro & Danna Garcia. Of the little public information available on both their pages, it does give what they're doing at the moment (they're both currently "at home"), and their current "mood" (tired, busy, etc.). Mario's current mood is given as "amorous"; Danna's is "loved". Coincidence? (I know; I've heard they're both involved with other people. Still, a hopeless romantic can fantasize, right? ;-)
 

Let me re-phrase the opening line of my 5th paragraph above to read, "Sweet scene with Juan & Norma in bed discussing her concerns." My apologies to Juan for any insinuations caused by my sloppy sentence structure. ;-)
 

Ah, yes Marie Celeste, I don't think Norma has any concerns about Juan in bed, LOL!

Quick note to those who catch this on Telemundo - at least today, it aired half hour later (and it was not in the TV listings). Sooo, you may want to program your VCR/DVR to tape and extra half hour just in case ;)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder