Thursday, August 28, 2008

Querida Enemiga - Wed Aug 27 - Querida Loser or Sharkbait saves the day!!!

Oh Boy. I'm so sorry folks, but I just got home to find out somehow my programmed autorecord function didn't work and the show didn't record, so I have nothing to reference for a recap. Maybe I can find something on you tube, but if not, any HELP from the peanut gallery would be much appreciated....

Thanks, and so sorry,

your loser recapper tonight.....

Oh and Judy, way to go on the 63 comments for last night, yeah tonight will come nowhere close for sure!!!!!

OK looks like I'm in luck. You tube has it!! I'll see what I can piece together from the clips.

Lorena and Chef E are still chatting about the betrayal when he tells her she's a strong woman and will overcome all that, he thanks her for confiding in him and she says nevermind the thanks now you are going to tell me something personal like why you are such a womanizer She asks him whether or not he's been in love. He stumbles.

Back at the restaurant from hell moni and the sous chef are complaining that their foiling attempt didn't foil and he was surprised that Lore knew how to cook. I think they plan for the next time not to be messed up. She tells him to leave just as her Pa comes out. He is proud of the night's success. She makes a comment about the women that he sat with that they are only after him for his money and moni walks out when he exclaims that she doesn't think anyone would like him for who he is.

Chef E is about to answer Lore's question. He explains it thusly....that he's never really been properly in love, but yes certain girls he has cared greatly for. Marriage was never in his plans. Lore thinks something like that must have been on the minds of those women, and he said he never made it look that way and Lore thinks they probably thought he can change, and I didn't catch what he said.

A young girl is brought into emergency and Al and Val attend to her.

Rossy shows up at Julian's and wants to be pardoned. She smacks himHe sticks to his plan and tells her to leave and not come back. After she leaves he says he loves her but he doesn't deserve her.

Vasco and Omar are having lunch talking over Diana choosing Bruno and Omar wants it clear that he doesn't really approve. Vasco just wanted to give the baby a name. Omar thinks that's very noble.

More to come....

And looks like I don't have to do it!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH SHARKBAIT!!!!!!! WOW AND ON HER WAY TO WORK NO LESS!!!!! BLESS YOUR HEART!!!!!!!!
Here's the rest ladies and gentlemen copied over from the comments by Sylvia...Chica you rock!!!


Lorena teases Ern by telling him his food critic ex skewered him in her review. He's about to call her when Lor laughs, ha ha it was just a joke. (Weird jokes in this show.) It was a great review and Ern almost kisses Lor.

Sara acts in charge with Icky in tow to taste the food of the day. She snootily comments the tarragon in the sauce is perfecto. Chef says no tarragon. Wah wah wah music plays.

Gaitan and Ern celebrate their great reviews and Monica's a beeeatch.The 3 cacatuas (moni's word) Maruja, Pau and Greta have hangovers. Meanwhile Bettina and pal plot to meet the boys at the cine.

Sara gives her statement to the judges. The mother Superior told her on her deathbed that it was Jaime only who stole Sara, Snorty had nada to do with it. Afterward she fights with Zully and Omar, saying she said what she said and there's nothing they can do about it. We'll see...

Lor and Rossy are being punished by Moni and are at the big store Chedraui (wonder how much Chedraui paid for that?) buying wine for the restaurant. They run into Diana and "her novio" Bruno. The waitresses think he is a slimeball.

LOVE the kitchen scenes. Chef Hawt is making a chiffonade of something to garnish his special Pescado Tikichiki Zarandeado, I think he says it's chile d'arbol. All I can say is he's got good chopping technique, Gabriel Soto take a lesson in good role prep. Lor says it looks great -Chef Hawt gives us a beaut of a grin. Sigh.

Jaime's behind bars and tells Harpie Barbie he wants a divorce. She sez she's gonna live in the manner in which she's accustomed and will call her lawyer.

Maruja tells Zully and Omar that Lor has info about a document naming Snorty as the baby snatcher. They pull Lor out of school and she tells them Sara is capable of treachery and told her she saw a document at the orphanage that proves Snorty did it.

Bettina meets Ivan at the cine, he tries to kiss her and she shoves popcorn in his mouth and runs away. Later she pines that he's not emailing her. Ah, young love is so painful.

An attractive woman of a certain age has moved into Don Toribio's apartment complex. She complains that her gas doesn't work. I guess Alonslow is the building Admin. Don T dribbles ice cream on his chin while nice lady makes coffee for them.

Dario is back at Paula's house hanging out and stalling his return home. She slyly remarks to herself that the honeymoon is over.

Back at Evil Acres Sara threatens Babs and Vasco overhears. He and Sara fight some more about her lies. Babs tells Vasco not to fight with her or they'll end up in the street. Vasco says Sara is a porqueria.

Ha ha Chalo has snuck into the manor and waits for Sara in her bed. He insists she's gonna give him some tonight. OK but he has to leave very early in the morning. She stares in the space as he pounces on her.

I hate this next sub-plot - the young emergency patient turns out to have leukemia. She looks like Lorena and is an orphan so Alonslow makes her his cause. Actually he's very sweet and vows to help her, they'll fight this together. OK, this is how he's gonna redeem himself.

Abo Joel asks the judges for an investigation, he wants to subpoena the documents from the orphanage. Snorty's abo's not so happy.

Last scene - Sara visits Snorty in in jail and Snorty wants to know who else knows about the document that incriminates her? Sara swears nobody else (heh, except Chalo and Lorena you liar!). She tells Snorty not to worry she has it in her posession and is in charge of it. (OK Snorty, who's got the upper hand now?)

Sorry no time to proof read, I'm late for work and gotta dash!

GREAT JOB SHARKBAIT AND THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

Labels:


Comments:
Yikes, Kris...when it rains it pours...sorry you had extra complications last night, and sure hope you're not pulling double duty and having to recap Fuego this evening.

We DID have some lengthy and interesting discussions yesterday thanks to Eve of Clevland. First about the use of headphones, with Schoolmarm giving us information on hearing loss, and then on the possible replacement of Guapos with Tontas...but looks like that's not gonna happen.

You know us...we often find other topics to discuss other than the bare bones of the night's episode. That's what I love about our group!

Soldier on, partner and I'll enjoy the recap when I get home this afternoon.













i
 

Hey Kris, I re-watched a bit this a.m. and here's a quickie for you, hope it helps..

Lorena teases Ern by telling him his food critic ex skewered him in her review. He's about to call her when Lor laughs, ha ha it was just a joke. (Weird jokes in this show.) It was a great review and Ern almost kisses Lor.

Sara acts in charge with Icky in tow to taste the food of the day. She snootily comments the tarragon in the sauce is perfecto. Chef says no tarragon. Wah wah wah music plays.

Gaitan and Ern celebrate their great reviews and Monica's a beeeatch.

The 3 cacatuas (moni's word) Maruja, Pau and Greta have hangovers. Meanwhile Bettina and pal plot to meet the boys at the cine.

Sara gives her statement to the judges. The mother Superior told her on her deathbed that it was Jaime only who stole Sara, Snorty had nada to do with it. Afterward she fights with Zully and Omar, saying she said what she said and there's nothing they can do about it. We'll see...

Lor and Rossy are being punished by Moni and are at the big store Chedraui (wonder how much Chedraui paid for that?) buying wine for the restaurant. They run into Diana and "her novio" Bruno. The waitresses think he is a slimeball.

LOVE the kitchen scenes. Chef Hawt is making a chiffonade of something to garnish his special Pescado Tikichiki Zarandeado, I think he says it's chile arbol. All I can say is he's got good chopping technique, Gabriel Soto take a lesson in good role prep. Lor says it looks great Chef Hawt gives us a beaut of a grin. Sigh.

Jaime's behind bars and tells Harpie Barbie he wants a divorce. She sez she's gonna live in the manner in which she's accustomed and will call her lawyer.

Maruja tells Zully and Omar that Lor has info about a document naming Snorty as the baby snatcher. They pull Lor out of school and she tells them Sara is capable of treachery and told her she saw a document at the orphanage that proves Snorty did it.

Bettina meets Ivan at the cine, he tries to kiss her and she shoves popcorn in his mouth and runs away. Later she pines that he's not emailing her. Ah, young love is so painful.

An attractive woman of a certain age has moved into Don Toribio's apartment complex. She complains that her gas doesn't work. I guess Alonslow is the building Admin. Don T dribbles ice cream on his chin while nice lady makes coffee for them.

Dario is back at Paula's house hanging out and stalling his return home. She slyly remarks to herself that the honeymoon is over.

Back at Evil Acres Sara threatens Babs and Vasco overhears. He and Sara fight some more about her lies. Babs tells Vasco not to fight with her or they'll end up in the street. Vasco says Sara is a porqueria.

Ha ha Chalo has snuck into the manor and waits for Sara on her bed. He insists she's gonna give him some tonight. OK but he has to leave very early in the morning. She stares in the space as he pounces on her.

I hate this next sub-plot - the young emergency patient turns out to have leukemia. She looks like Lorena and is an orphan so Alonslow makes her his cause. Actually he's very sweet and vows to help her, they'll fight this together. OK, this is how he's gonna redeem himself.

Abo Joel asks the judges for an investigation, he wants to subpoena the documents from the orphanage. Snorty's abo's not so happy.

Last scene - Sara visits Snorty in in jail and Snorty wants to know who else knows about the document that incriminates her? Sara swears nobody else (heh, except Chalo and Lorena you liar!). She tells Snorty not to worry she has it in her posession and is in charge of it. (OK Snorty, who's got the upper hand now?)

Sorry no time to proof read, I'm late for work and gotta dash!!
 

Sylvia...thanks for pitching in...Hope Kris reads this so she knows she can just transfer it to the recap.

I LOVE ERNESTO'S SMILE!!! I want to be his dental hygienist...man, what a whopper.

Also loved the new woman Don Toribio's apartment building. She's lovely but walks with a slight limp which makes her seem more real and more lovable IMO.

The strange joke about the "bad" review reminded me of those mean jokes Alonso and Lorena pulled with each other at the beginning. Maybe it's the "latin" sense of humor (I remember a lot of mean teasing jokes from my French friends) but to me, Anglo-Saxon that I am, these jokes are thinly disguised hostility and NOT funny. Still, in this case, it led to another clinch from Ernesto so hey, redeeming quality for me.
 

Oh and Sylvia...count me in on hating the leukemia part of the story. I had a dear friend who died from that a few years ago, and as soon as the child started describing the symptoms, I knew what the diagnosis would be. Oh well....Do you suppose she is from the same orphanage as Lorena and Sara?
 

So it was tarragon. I didn't recognize that word. It was so funny to see Sara trying to be like her not-Granny.

I guess she still hasn't figured out that Jaqui and Ickturo are getting it on. That should be an interesting moment of revelation someday.
 

Thanks for a fine, combined recap.

I also don't like the "jokes", although I admit I may have done this in real life, although not with such an important thing as that restaurant review. I think I said to my wife "Oh, I'm sooo sorry, I completely forgot our anniversary", then after a two second pause, said "just kidding", and brought out my gift. You can't do this kind of joke with strangers, so it shows Lorena feels close to Ernesto.

I wish the characters wouldn't get their hopes up so much. Zulema and Omar were so sure they'd easily convict Snorty. Now they think the document will save them, but if Sara just says there's no document, and Lorena is lying because Lorena is mad about Alonso, how can anyone prove otherwise?

BTW, I just finished watching the DVD of Alborada (wow, what a fantastic story!), and enjoyed Patricia Martinez, who plays Maruja, as Carmela, wife of Felipe, another warm, mother type character (looking Totally different in the colonial era dresses).
 

Thank you both Kris and Sylvia for the recap!

I was so hoping for the real kiss...
Probably we should wait a little bit for that - this guys have a good chemistry - we know when we see it!
Especially when the "bad chemistry example" not far away.

It's a sad story with the sick girl.
I'm absolutely sure that she is from the same orphanage.
The leukemia plot probably is added so they can start looking for the blood/bone marrow match that will finally bring Sara's evildoings to the light. It's not a spoiler - just a wild ( educated) guess!

Barb in the prison was unbelievable! After so many years together, even though she found herself a ...( you know who)- she should have some compassion to Jaime! The only thing she could mention - her alimony! Probably those years living under the same roof with Snorty had some effect - I don't believe she was born that way, but who knows!

Looks like Torby's lonely life came to the end. The new neighbor is not just friendly and attractive - she likes him too!

The "tasting scene" was hilarious!
Sara imitating Snorty - that was really good!
I have to tell you that I really like the actress who plays Sara, she is so versatile. I wish our Alonslow took some acting lessons from her!

Again - exposure to the awful Jackie-Icky kissing! The shold have some kind of warning beforehand!
 

Thanks to Kris and especially Sylvia for the recap. You guys rock ;)

I gotta say, that "almost" kiss Ern gave Lorena was sooooo HAWT! Then when he kissed her in the forehead instead, I was weak in the knees, and I was sitting down ;)

I agree with the dislike of the bad jokes, though I've seen Anglo-Saxons, Jews, and Italians do jokes like that as well, so I don't think they apply to any particular culture. Years ago I was doing tech on a show and a couple of girls thought it would be a hoot to tell another one, who could be quite belligerent, that they had been cut, three days before opening. The third girl had practically reached the director to yell at him when they finally decided to say it was a joke. The lesser version of this is girls who hang out with their friends, point to the least attractive man they can find and say "that's your boyfriend." I'm also amazed at how many guys who love each other "like brothers" feel it is their duty to cause their friends as much embarrassment as possible at their bachelor parties. One actually said "I want him to come home and tell his fiancee, 'I've been shamed'" I just don't think it's particularly funny.

Not sure how I feel about the leukemia sub-plot. I don't know enough about it to know what the little girl's chance of survival is, but my understanding is that it's not very high. Chances are, given TN laws, that she will indeed be from the same orphanage as Sara and Lore, and she's got Lorena's hair to boot. My guess, and this is only a guess, that she will eventually be cured and 'Slow and Lore will adopt her. Then again, the fact that he said she won't die may well mean that she will.
 

I was really begining to enjoy this novela because I love the Hawt Chef. I have put him number 3 on my galan list, after Colunga and Camil, and moved Yanez down to slot 4. Like everyone else, I was so relieved that the unabated viciousness of Sara had been replaced by some fun things, and now comes a child with Leukemia. Caray, Caray!

I didn't mind Lorena's "joke," because I like her better when she is more "spicey" and not so bland and good.I think she does sometime show a bit of an edge to her personality, which makes her less saccharine. sometimes the actress makes her quite charming.

I don't know that Alonslow said the little girl wouldn't die, but that he would do everything he could to help her. And how many blonde and blue-eyed orphans are there in Mexico? She has to be related to Lorena and I agree a catalyst for a blood if not DNA test.

Thanks to Sylvia for saving the day.
NJ Sue
 

I'm also expecting the kid to be from Lorena's orphanage. The writers on this show are very lazy in this respect. You'd think there were only 100 people in Mexico and only one street in Mexico City. Oh well. It's my only serious complaint about this show.
 

Not just Lorena's hair, but a big mole on her neck!

I wish they could be related somehow, but I don't see how... unless Snorty herself gave away a child long ago, and this kid is another granddaughter!

I was not thrilled to hear "leukemia" either, since it killed one of my cousins at the age of 8. However, whatever kind she had (I know there are many and I don't know what any of them are called) is now very curable. Still, it's not a word I like to hear.
 

Oh, the joke. I don't mind this kind of joke (as long as it doesn't go too far), and like NJ Sue said, it shows just the tiniest bit of an edge to Lorena's personality. She's gonna need it.

Plus, clearly Ernesto can take it. But not everyone can, so you have to consider who you're joking with.

And not everybody can tell these jokes, either. If you are a habitual liar and then you try a "just kidding" joke, you'll seem even less trustworthy.
 

Leukemia in a child, any kind of cancer in a child, is one of those situations where you just ask, "Why God, why?" Or simply shake your fist at Mother Nature, depending on your beliefs.

Yes, there are some effective (though dreadful in duration) treatments for childhood leukemia, but I have a friend whose son suffered brain damage from the chemo and radiation given at an early age. So sometimes the treatment is as dire as the disease.

Being an oncologist has to be one of the toughest jobs ever, because one sees so much suffering and not enough cures. We had a marvelous physician here who eventually went into palliative care, and I think the reason was he just couldn't continue subjecting his patients to such cruel treatments when so many of them died notwithstanding.

Oh my...sorry to be so grim today...this part of the story is just bringing up many painful memories.

Hombre de Mistereo!...Glad your wife has a good sense of humor...and also that you whipped out that gift pronto. I've noticed the guys in my classes are a lot "rougher" in teasing than the gals who generally just make supportive comments. A verbal version of male horseplay no doubt.

And Eva, yes that Barb is clearly beyond redemption. But by making her totally nasty, we can be 100% behind his romance with Maruja and that's good.

True true true, Lorena needs a little "edge" from time to time, NJ Sue, and clearly (as written) Chef Ernesto found it charming. Maybe all those other mujeres were falling all over him, so Lorena represents a challenge and therefore snags his heart.
 

You know, after wastching that exchange last night, I'm jumping ship and agreeing that Lore should be with Ernesto. I love Gabriel Soto, but these two characters do just seem to get along better, so my vote is for Chef E and not Doc A. :)
 

Thanks Kris and Sylvia for the recap. I have to concur with the discussion about jokes in this novela. However, I do think that Lorena joking with the chef shows how close they are getting (as hombre said) as well as giving Lorena more dimensions (as others have mentioned).

I wish the orphanage sent copies of important documents someplace else (since I believe they would have to in real life).
 

Oooh! Pasion fans, be on the lookout for a familiar face (and voice) among the restaurant patrons in tonight's episode!
 

So right Julie...I was thrown for a loop by the wig but as soon as I heard the voice I knew who it was.
 

Hey you guys, did QE come on at 7:00 for you or was it pushed back an hour? I just turned the TV on and it's preempted by the Democratic convention! I wonder if it will replace Guapos at 8:00?
 

Kris and Sylvia, thanks for the great team tag recap! Sylvia, you’re a gem and Kris, I love the title ala Julian. I chuckled when I realized you must be seeing too much of the boy. YouTube is a great resource, and here’s a shout out to whoever is the dedicated one who puts the clips up for literally every single episode. JudyB bailed my okole out once this summer (the first Friday of QE, when our power went out about half an hour before the broadcast). What a great team we have!

“nevermind the thanks now you are going to tell me something personal like why you are such a womanizer” I chortled when she came up with that—some of my deaf friends are very direct like that. Good for you, Lorena, call the old boy’s bluff!

“moni walks out when he exclaims that she doesn't think anyone would like him for who he is.” With a mouth like that I would have grounded the chica for a month. No tele, cell phone, computer, or car keys.

“Lore thinks they probably thought he can change, and I didn't catch what he said.” To me it sounded like they probably thought they could change him.

“Lorena teases Ern by telling him his food critic ex skewered him in her review.” She’s loosening up and obviously not used to it. She’ll need some practice.

“She snootily comments the tarragon in the sauce is perfecto. Chef says no tarragon. Wah wah wah music plays.” LOL—I chortled at Sara trying to make folks think she knows something about food. So bogus!

“Bruno. The waitresses think he is a slimeball.” LOL! Rossy is a pretty good judge of men, but I question Lorena’s judgment. However, she definitely has good judgment regarding what a slimeball is.

“All I can say is he's got good chopping technique, Gabriel Soto take a lesson in good role prep.” LOL!

“she shoves popcorn in his mouth and runs away. Later she pines that he's not emailing her. Ah, young love is so painful” LOL! Poor Bettina, she tried so hard to push him away and now she’s got what she wanted. Or not.

“I hate this next sub-plot - the young emergency patient turns out to have leukemia.” I hated that part for the same reasons, I imagine. Yes, JudyB, I was fairly certain this orphan comes from the same area as Lorena—she used the name of a town or area that sounded exactly like what Lorena has told people is her home. I wondered if I was right and it will figure in later. It was something like Provencia. Anyway, this orphan is bringing out the best in Alonso and I agree he could redeem himself here. We were reminded that in spite of his doofus behavior with women, he is a great physician.

One question—how did Florencia end up at People’s Clinic #23 if she’s underage? Did she run away from the orphanage? If she’s related to Lorena, which has crossed my mind, whose child is she? Not Zulema’s and Omar’s for sure. Very odd! Jaime’s?

Hombre, good point about her feeling close enough to Ern to tease him that blatantly. Glad you liked Alborada! It was one of my favorites, too.

Jeanne
 

In CDT, we got QE at the right time. Pobrecita, you may miss such excitement! (Just teasing. Anyway, on YouTube it's QE 48.1-48.5 tonight, I am pretty sure).

Jeanne
 

Thanks Schoolmarm, I'll wait until 8:00 and if I get skunked I'll use youtube.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder