Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cuidado Con el Angel, Tuesday, Sept 23 2008

I wasn’t going to recap at all, because I’m rather short on time this week, but I don’t think anyone else offered and I did skim through the show quickly last night, so here are what I think were the key points:

Viviana thinks Juan Miguel must be cheating on her. She wants them to go away for a vacation together, but he says he can’t right now, which of course makes her mad. Her mom, Onelia, threatens JM and says if he doesn’t go, she won’t be responsible for what happens to Viv, whatever that means.

JM thinks he is busy with his new project to rehabilitate the young and mildly delinquent. He mentions having some experience with being that way; Viv doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He meets with judge Patricio about the project but the judge doesn’t have anyone for him to work with at the moment. Youth being what they are, he’s sure there will be someone soon.

Eduardo (played by Jorge de Silva, one of my Top Ten Telenovios, hello, hottie!) gets a call from his skanky girlfriend who was making out with some other guy at the party. He is all smoochy on the phone. JM laughs at him, but not as much as I would have.

Meanwhile, Marichuy needs to be told by the priest that the Virgencita probably doesn’t want stolen flowers as an offering. They have a long teary chat while she wears a see-through belly-exposing shirt. She’s mad at her mother for abandoning her and will never forgive her, nunca!

Patricio and his wife discuss that the only thing they lack for happiness is a child. He asks if she wants to adopt one of the orphans. She says no, those abandoned children make her sad (so wouldn’t adopting one help that?). He says parents who abandon their children are unforgivable, and she looks all stricken, cluing us in that she abandoned a child. She tries to alleviate her guilt by giving lots of money to the nuns.

Mari tells more Little Red Riding Hood to the barrio kids. Odd choice of story, given her nightmare and past experience. The girl in the animation looks like her, and the bad wolf guy looks maybe like Amador, or maybe the artist guy, or maybe the guy in the neighborhood who is her friend and was talking to Candelaria. Later, Mari tells Cande she (M) will never marry, which of course means she will.

Mari dances with Amador at a party, and he gets handsy. She objects, and a brawl breaks out. The party people get hauled down to the police station, and judge Patricio calls Juan Miguel to come down. Mari recognizes him.

I’ll start up for real with a careful viewing and full recap next week.

Labels:


Comments:
Julia: Thank you for the recap - short or long, they are always appreciated.

I'm having a real hard time understanding anything that Mari says. What about the rest of you?

I think she learned how to jerk her head up or back and forth in Acting 101 to call attention to herself. Of course, I don't know whether her acting is good or bad since I don't know what she's saying (yes, I can read the subtitles and I do understand them).

It looks like the angry orphan girl theme from Guapos has followed us. Luis Miguel (Alejandro) will fall in love with Mari, but he'll have to divorce his witchy wife. Who owns the property? Is it Vivi's mom or LM?

So nice of Vivi's mom to give her lessons on how to torture her already tortured husband whose head is too small for his body. Just my opinion.
 

I watched the first few episodes of Guapos, and this show seems very similar. An abandoned girl, full of spirit, gets sent to the rich people's house, and it later turns out one of them was her parent. Maybe Mari isn't going to be "sent" to the rich house, but since JM is looking to work with a troubled joven, she's probably the joven of choice.

Of course she meets the handsome son of the rich house, and they fall in love, and eventually get married. Isn't it the same story?
 

Pasofino, I hadn't seen your post when I wrote mine, but I totally agree.
 

Is it Luis Miguel? It always takes me a week or two to get the names straight, and I didn't refer to the cast list like I should have. I can go back and fix it if I got that (or any others) wrong.
 

Julia: His name is Juan Miguel.
 

Hey, great recap on the fly, Julia! I like your style!

Yeah, it’s the orphan thing again, but aren’t a lot of the telenovela plots alike anyway? I like Mari a lot more than I liked Mili at the start of Guapos. Besides, she seems more like a young woman than a kid.

I can’t believe how many extras they have in some shots, and they aren’t just the backs of heads in a crowd at an event, they are actually milling about. They must have a helluva budget for this thing.

My only gripe so far is the acting of William Levy (Juan Miguel) – sometimes he’s okay, but I do wish he would stop posing and particularly lose the one-sided smile. It looks like he practiced it in the mirror, but hey, this is not a commercial for men’s wear.
 

This does seem to be paralleling Guapos in many ways, but I do like it so far.

It is hard to understand Marichuy, but I am doing okay with captions.

I love her artist friends. They dress like hipster artist types the world over (check out the guy with the thick glasses). They could move into Williamsburg, Brooklyn (here in NYC), and go undetected.

I don't think Juan Miguel hurt her in the past--someone commented on that yesterday. He original summary says he is widowed, so I think shrewish wife is not long for this world.

Of course, we have the wonderful acting talents of William Levy to look forward to.
 

Maggie, looks like we posted simultaneously about William Levy. I used to watch him in Acorralada, and they used to pose him all the time on the bed shirtless, looking like a Calvin Klein underwear model.
 

Thanks for the recap Julia, I think it’s quite sweet of you to do this recap in spite of being swamped. It may have been short, but it hit all the points, so it’s probably better than some of the long ones I’ve done!

Pasofino, the story is similar to Guapos, but not as much as we think. JM is not Patricio’s kid, and from the pre-show previews it looks like she won’t be going to Ceci and Pat’s house, but to JM’s. As for Viv, the previews seem to hint that she’s going to stage her own death, so she won’t be in the way for long, but she’ll probably return just in time to muck things up, kinda like Rochester’s wife in Jane Eyre!

I wonder if JM will recognize Eduardo’s girlfriend when he sees her at the police station.

Thanks for the YouTube clip NinaK. Can you say “From Here to Eternity?” LOL!
 

Oh just so you all know this show has 200 episodes. it first had 150 then 50 more was added cause it was so good!
Much more detailed! Just what i needed!
Thanks Julia!
I missed this ep last night. I couldnt part myself from watching Nacy Grace...shame on me! But i did watch the first two episodes today! Im starting to watch novela dvds with the netflix my dad signed me up for. I could use some ideas on what to watch. Im starting with Rosalinda then was gonna go onto Marina la noche.
Any Ideas?
Oh i have to ask,
Is Willam Levy a new actor?
 

Emilee, see the clip above. William Levy was in Acorralada and Pasion, so he is not new. But this is his first leading role.

Newsflash for Guapos viewers. (I will post this on Guapos also)
Someone on Telenovela World posted the astounding news that in the finale, grownup Rosario was played by Floreenda in a blond wig!!!! Did anyone notice this????
We all have to go back and look. I still have it on my DVR. YouTube might be too small to see.
 

The reason you can't understand the spanish is cause it is Chilango http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilango

It is not the same as Naco..
You can live anywhere and be Naco..think white-trash
But you have to live in DF to be Chilango. The lower classes have a very distinctive accent. I can't speak much spanish, but I can always catch that accent. My husband calls his grandson Chilangito. My niece has the accent so strong..that when we are at the ranch the people tell her to slow down cause they can't catch everything.

Now another question..Are these scenes near the Basilica? Cause if so those street scenes are dead on. (Well except for the kid in the empty street, those streets are never empty). I thought I saw a scene of the Basilica, but I haven't paid really close attention.
 

Thanks Julia for the brief recap. what you can do is always appreciated.

thanks emilee -- 200 episodes! wow! I may need to get some more pens and spiral notebooks.

beckster -- so the accent is called 'chilango'. I thought it was 'Thalia in the barrio'. About your question on the location - my guess is the area around National Cathedral, since the opening credit video of Chuy on her bicycle was in that area.

Jody :)
 

I live in canada and we don't have Univision or this show at all. So everytime I watch this show I come back here to read the recaps cause we don't learn spanish up here :D. I wish someone would put subtitles for this show
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder