Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cuidado con el Angel- September 24, 2008

We start off at the police station where they have arrested everyone that was at the club for fighting. Marichuy looks scared and nervous. In walks JM and looks at the delinquents. Marichuy is like "OMG, I know this guy"!!! Patricio introduces JM to the crowd and says that he is a pychartist and that he will be talking to them. JM sees his cousin and asks her "What are you doing here"? His cousin (I do not know her name yet) says that as you can see I was brought in with everyone. Patricio asks if JM knows her and he says that she is his cousin. BTW isn't that guy with the glasses Benito in FELS? Anyway, Vicente goes to Cande and tells her that Marichuy was arrested. She is muy impactada.

We then head over to see Viviana and her mother talking about the conversation that Viv had with JM about there vacation. Viv is furious that JM had to go in the middle of their conversation. Viv tells her mom that she is tired of him and that he does not pay attention to her and wants a divorce.

Back at the police station JM addresses the crowd and tells them that he wants them to cooperate in his investigation. They make jokes at him and his cousin tells him not to tell her parents. The crowd of delinquents do not want to talk to JM but then they eventually agree. Marichuy stays back and asks JM to help her. He says I know you and she says that she brings the laudered clothes to his house. She asks if she can go that she does not know the people that she was brought in with. She then makes up a story about her parents waiting for her and how much trouble she will be in and goes into his arms crying and he starts to believe her. He talks to Patiricio and tells him the lie that Marichuy told him and eventually Patricio lets her go. Of course she is elated and thanks them. JM tells Patricio that Marichuy is good and timid and glad that there are still young adults that are good. She runs out of the police station and heads home talking to herself about the doctor. I really can't understand what she is saying. So maybe someone can help out. She sees Cande and Vicente and tells them that they let her go.

Viviana is waiting up to tell JM that she wants a divorce. He wants to wait til the morning to talk about this since it is a serious conversation, but she says no. They go into the library to discuss further. He says that he will not give her a divorce. He believes once you are married, it is forever. She is yelling at him and then hits him. He asks her why she thinks he does not care for her. Viv says that he does not take care of her that he gives everything to his patients. He mentions something that happened long ago and that he trying to make up for it. She asks what is it. Was it a woman? He says he cannot tell her. She gets mad and hits him when he will not tell her.

Now we go to the lady with the rollers outside sweeping and sees the priest walk by and she tells him that Marichuy was arrested last night. He does not believe her and she tells him that her cousin told her. He is mad and goes to find Marichuy. Father goes to Cande to find out Marichuy's whereabouts. Cande does not know its not like she can chain her to the bed. He tells her that not only is she (Cande) to love Marichuy, but also teach her manners and morals, etc.

Viviana plans a party and JM best bud (Eduardo) shows up with JM cousin. (i did not catch her name) He is not happy that she is playing with Eduardo. She says she has her reasons. JM asks what justification do you have to do this to someone and that she also has played with him. She says no I have not played with you, Marichuy has.

JM confesses to Patricio what happened and goes to find Marichuy.


Tomorrow: JM and Viviana go on vacation but encounter problems on the small plane they are in.

Labels:


Comments:
I think JM's cousin (at the end there, during that party for the wealthy) told him Marichuy had lied to him by calling Marichuy a certain name (can't remember it, and I've already deleted the episode!). I'm thinking she maybe called Mari an orphan, and JM was pissed because he'd let Mari go when she told him she had parents.

Anyone? Help? :)
 

The priest keeps calling her "Maria de Jesus." Is that her real name, making Marichuy a nickname?
 

JM knew Marichuy lied because the cousin wouldn't have known her name unless she had really been part of the group.
 

Huerfana. That's it! The cousin called her huerfana (with an accent over the "e"). Orphaned. Yet Mari had made up a story about her parents waiting for her.

You're not the only one who can't always understand Marichuy, Gloria. Everyone on this novela seems to talk at super-speed! I really appreciate your recap, by the way. Thanks much. :)

I'm wondering about the "Maria de Jesus" too, ninaK...
 

Thanks Gloria for the recap!

I was also wondering about the name Maria de Jesus.

When JM told Pat and Ceci the name of the girl that lied to him was Marichuy, Ceci looked muy impactada and tried her best to cover her face up. It looked like the guys didn't really notice.

When JM found Chuy, was that impactado in both their faces again? It was hard to tell.

Jody :)
 

Thanks for the recap, Gloria. Muy amable.

This is the only novela I've been remotely interested in since Pasion, but the high speed dialog is messing with my Spanish proficiency self-esteem. Marichuy in particular gives me a headache with how fast she talks (and she's ALWAYS talking, either to herself or someone else). I like the cast, but I think Marichuy looks a little too young for JM.
 

Thanks for the recap. I'm enjoying the scenery in this novela - it looks authentic. I'm also enjoying listening to some of the actors - but, unfortunately Marichuy isn't one of them. I wish there was some way I could slow it all down so that I could understand it rather than relying on the subtitles.

Now we know where Benito went. He's back in the DF wearing dark-rimmed glasses and a smile on his face. And, thank God, Nestor didn't die of old age.
 

Thanks for the recap, Gloria!

I was amazed that JM, when Mari was feeding him a line at the police state, didn’t ask the others if they knew her. Sucker! Not too swift for a supposed student of the human mind.

Although yes, Viviana is into fancy parties and doesn’t give a rat’s patoot about those less fortunate, she does have a pretty solid case against her husband. He is very indifferent to her.

I wonder where the money came from for that castle-like home they live in? The psych biz doesn’t pay that well.
 

That is one swanky home, and I don't think JM could afford it on psych pay. Inherited money, I would guess. Especially since he's not that great a shrink if he couldn't tell that Mari was lying to him. I'm pretty sure her real name is Maria, and Marichuy is a nickname.

I love the little background items...like the little statue of the knight on a horse on JM's desk in the castle, and the fancy caged bird behind Viviana on the patio. They're unsubtle, but do fit in and look appropriate.
 

Julia, I agree! The sets and locations are pretty amazing so far.

It seemed to me too that Marichuy must be a nickname…
 

I'll have to re watch this and re read the recap im haveing a bad time focusing!
I bealive JM's cousin's name is Elisa. I just looked for the actress who I think is Africa Zavala.
 

Someone asked what Marichuy said after she left the police station:

I think the gist of it was that Amador(?) and his friends are creeps, and JM is great, but then she saw him fighting with his wife, so he's bad too. All men are alike.

I'm still a little discomfited by the married couple thing. Why did these two people who seem utterly unmatched get married in the first place. Sure we want to see the hero and heroine get together, but I never like it when it starts like this, and a young child is involved. We'll just have to see how they resolve it. Maybe Viviana is an unredeemable bruja.
 

Thanks Gloria!

I agree with everyone on the interesting settings, including the interior ones. Juan Miguel's house is fantastic, especially the bathroom and the patio overlooking the beautiful grounds. I was even noticing the things on Viviana's dressing table - the beautiful teacup and saucer and what looked like Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. I love all those little details, they draw you in.

I'm hoping that once Marichuy settles down a little and learns to be more of a lady (you know that's where we're going with this) she will speak more slowly.

I'm curious why Juan Miguel's cousin is living a dual life. I like characters with secrets.
 

The other thing that happened which is somewhat relevant is that Amador continued to harass Marichuy. He wants to be her boyfriend, and doesn't seem to give up although she keeps pushing him away (and, uh, isn't this what got the whole crew hauled off by the police?)...he keeps asking why she won't kiss him, etc., etc.

I don't get why she keeps hanging around him. Are they otherwise great friends? Is he an artist, and she poses for him, too? What is the basis of their relationship?
 

JM's library with its double pocket doors is my favorite place. I'd never come out of there.

Hopefully Marichuy is a nickname because, though it's unusual and cute, I think of Chewbaca (Chewy) the Wookie everytime someone says it. :) Being orphaned, maybe Maria de Jesus is the legal name she was given.

It is pretty sad that JM is so indifferent to Viv. But I tell you, her screaming and beating him about the head and shoulders with her fists when he gives the wrong answer sure as hell doesn't help things. If anything, it makes it worse. I wonder if he was so distant before the story began? I doubt it... the violence of Viv's fits seems a long-time trait of her personality. She was probably that way when he met her, which makes him kind of stupid.
 

Isn't Amador and Mari's artist friend two separate people? Amador's hair seems shorter and more spiky, while the artist friend (what is his name?) has curlier hair. They look way too much alike, which is why I could be totally wrong.

??
 

I think "Maria de Jesus" is probably the name given to her by the huerfanato being that she had no family.

I learned this from Querida Enemiga, where Lorena and Sara's last names are "de la Cruz", "the last name given to all the huerfanos"

I'm not watching this novela...three would be a bit much, so thanks for the re-cap!
randy, sea.
 

Amador and the artist friend are two separate guys, but I wondered whether Amador is also an artist. He hangs out with that crowd, seems to live in a loft (or else maybe he's just over at the other guy's a lot). Are all those people Mari hangs with artsy types? Or maybe a couple artists, and some rich kids who want to think of themselves as hip and arty? JM's cousing Elsa implied that they are all upper class, except Mari, and at the get-togethers it seems like she only talks to the artist (what is his name?) or Amador, like maybe the others just ignore her rather than seeing her as a friend. I just haven't really sorted out the undercurrents in that crowd.
 

Sorry, Julia--I read your question wrong. Amador's relationship with Mari is weird to me too. I think he's just stalking her. The whole lot of them (with the exception of the artist friend) seem like a bunch of old juvies with no ambition and up to no good. Blah.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder