Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fuego, Monday 9/15 (#99): Some Enchanted Evening

So. Benito is very curious as to what kind of a deal Raquel made with Gabi that could be worth that much money, but we are spared the unnecessary stress and excitement of finding out. The moment is saved with the sudden appearance of a piece of paper with a very fancy watermark (I can see it through the paper) AND the fancy multicolored background image. Yikes! When you see that kind of paper, you know they mean business. It's a summons to appear in court tomorrow to decide the ownership of the hacienda!

At the other hacienda, Fern tells Sofi that if she takes up with him, he'll leave Gabi alone. He grabs her and tries to kiss her. Gabi sees. Sofi VERY STUPIDLY begins climbing the Stairs Of Sorrow to tell her mother everything. Fern comes up too. Gabi comes down. So now they're all standing there in the middle of the staircase, Sofía is telling her mother what just happened and why she can't marry this guy, Feo is bleating some weak protest, and I'm expecting someone to get pitched down the stairs. Well, I'm no good at predicting stuff. Instead, Gabi bitch-slaps FEO! Oh no she didn't! Oh yes she DID!!! And she calls him a damn swine!

Yes, I know this happened three days ago, but it was every bit as sweet to see it again tonight.

It must be tomorrow now, because we're in the City of Puebla. With very little preamble, the judge declares that the hacienda belongs to Juan, Oscar, and Franco Robles-Reyes. Juan thanks his uncle. Uncle Vicente tells Juan to thank his father. Juan says he'll visit his tomb later.

Raquel tells Juan he's won one segment of what he petitioned for, but he still has to go up against Gabi for the rest. She hints that it won't be so easy. "I want to see if she can manage to keep the lands that I gave her." Duh, Raq, they weren't yours to give away. Juan says he'll get it all back, justice is on his side, and he's enemies with Gabriela Elizondo anyway. (Does Uncle Vicente's eyebrow twitch at the mention of her name?)

Gabi sulks in bed, reliving the sight of Sofía trying to push Feo off of her, and telling Gabi that he only wants to marry her for her money. Then the slap. Then a knock. What? It's Feo, wanting to explain. "Make it snappy," she tells him. He says he was just trying to get on Sofía's good side like they talked about. (By grabbing her and slobbering on her?) Gabi says she knows Sofía, and she doesn't lie. (That's how she knows she's not her daughter! Ha ha! No, no, joking...)

Feo reminds her that Sofi fooled them. She was getting knocked up by that creep and they didn't even know. She's been fooling Gabi for a long time, manipulating everyone with that little angel face. Gabi asks him to swear that what Sofi said wasn't true. Feo eagerly complies. "I don't believe you." He asks, after all the humiliation Sofi put him through, why would he keep after her? (How does he explain the groping Gabi saw, huh?) "The only woman I love is you."

Gabi replies, "Huh. If only I could believe you." He is indignant that she doesn't. She says she'll make the effort to believe him one more time, but it will be the last. He kisses her hand and thanks her. "But I warn you, if you betray me, I won't have to kill you with my own hands like I said..." (Feo chuckles, amused) "...because I'll tell the Reyes that you killed their sister, and they'll take it upon themselves to finish you off."

An imaginary snake rattles. Feo presses his thumb against Gabi's throat, which is evidently one of her turn-ons.

Juan visits his parents' tomb. He dusts off the gravestone and takes his hat off. He says today he didn't come to cry, but to speak to them alone. (Stop rolling your eyes! They could get stuck!) He thanks them for helping them get their hacienda back. They spilled their blood, they worked so hard, etc. - he doesn't care if he has to confront the mother of the woman he loves, the grandmother of his child, "but what's ours is ours; and for my brothers, and for you, if it's necessary, and if I have to take that woman to the... well, destroy her*, I'll do it, come what may."
*one of those idiomatic things that makes more sense in Spanish:
"llevar esa señora por..." (I think he was going to say "el diablo") = "take that woman to..." (the devil)
"llevar por delante" = demolish, wipe out, destroy (literally, "take her to the front")

Rosendo drops Sofía off somplace in "downtown" Serdán where she's going to see a man about renting a place. Uncle Vicente happens by in his dress whites, looking as if he got separated from a wedding party, and somehow recognizes her instantly.

Meanwhile, Juan is visiting the padre to catch him up on things. The padre's glad they found their parents' resting place and have begun to get their stuff back. Juan says he came by to thank him for all the support he's given them, not just as a priest, but also as a good friend. But what the padre REALLY wants to know is what's going on at Elizondo Place: namely, how's it going with the ladies? Juan tells him how he went to see Grandpa, and Sofía was there and she didn't want to talk.

Juan jumps up quickly and puts on his hat. He says he didn't come here to talk about her! He also came to say that Don Agustín is sure that Feo is the one who killed Bernardo. Now the padre gets up too and asks why he thinks that. Juan says who knows, that family is full of secrets. Padre says it's also the family of the women the Reyes love. Juan says they're going to have to fight them for their land, and he's scared, because they're not going to take this lying down (literally "arms crossed"), and especially not Gabriela.

The padre warns Juan they'd better be ready for everything. The Elizondos don't forgive anything. (Technically, if we're talking about Gabi's side of the family, it's the Acevedos.)

Sofía shows Uncle V around the empty store. He approves. And he says if she ever needs some artists from Guadalajara, he can hook her up.

He says he's known the Reyes since they were little. When he reunited with them, he was surprised to find them so sad over their lost loves. He tells Sofía that Juan is consumed with love for her.

Juan mopes in dread, thinking of the padre's words: "The Elizondos don't forgive anything."

Sofía explains to Uncle V that she understands that Juan protects his siblings, is upset that her father didn't tell them the truth, etc. but she can't accept that he blamed the sisters for the betrayal. Uncle V. says it's a shame about this misunderstanding between them. Sofi says it was no misunderstanding; they swore vengeance on Libia's grave, and showed up at the hacienda with guns ready to kill them.

"Later, they changed their minds," she says with a rueful smile. They decided that their revenge would be to make the sisters fall in love, seduce them, and them dump them.

Uncle V tells her that with love, you can do anything. (Just a week or two ago, Sofi was saying the same thing to convince Jimena that housework is fun.) Sofi says she used to believe that. She incurred the wrath of her mother, risked being shunned as an adulteress (which actually didn't happen), etc. all for him, got pregnant, and withstood all the tests and trials they lived through together.

"Look, Don Vicente, I can forgive anything... if only Juan had been honest with me."

Uncle V says Juan's suffering a lot over this separation. Sofi says she's suffering too, she still loves him, and she misses him; there's no peace at home with Mom. That's why she wants to work and become independent, so that she can make her way alone with her child.

Uncle V says he's moved by her words and her bravery. "I don't know if you and Juan will reconcile, but I wish you the best, because you deserve it. May I give you a hug?"

(I just realized who this guy is. He is the Anti-Gabriela. If the two of them ever meet, the universe will implode!)

Coyote shows up at the bakery in a different jacket (with a coyote on it) and no hat. These seem to be his "casual" clothes. It seems the Jefe wants to see Juan... but if Juan doesn't want to go, Jefe will understand.

(Alejandro "Jeff" Reyes is going to be the laughingstock of all the other jefes if they find out what a mushball he is...)

Juan is in Jefe-Jeff's study. "My son is all I have," he pleads. Juan says he can't give him any advice, but his father said the first thing when you want to be forgiven is to acknowledge your errors and clean them up. Only when you are pure and remorseful can your eyes... dammit, I am sorry, but the captions are disappearing very quickly tonight, and my ears are very slow, so I'm not getting all the words. But the point is that you gotta be sorry and make things right, or else you're screwed.

Ofelia catches Rosario on her way out. "I'm on my way to see Margarita, the Goddess of the Cumbia!" Ofelia stops her and asks her not to. She vaguely says she's not a decent person to socialize with, and begs "believe me, take heed, don't go see her."

Uncle Vicente reports back to Juan about his chat with Sofi. "That girl loves you, Juan. She loves you and suffers for you." (I'm wondering if there isn't a better way to translate "suffrir por tí" since we never say that in English?)

Sofi meets with the renting guy, signs the contract, gets the keys, and he wishes her luck. (Heh! She's gonna need it. To quote Han Solo: "Never tell me the odds!") She tells herself yet again that she's going to work hard to make a life for herself and her child.

Now Pedro is in Jefe-Jeff-Daddy-Unibrow's study. He doesn't look delighted to be in this gloomy place again, and he hasn't changed his mind. He's going to leave town; "there's nothing keeping me here." (Stay for me, Pedro! Stay for me!).

And then Jefe says "Antes de que te vayas" and I half expect them to start singing the Mundo de Fieras theme... sort of the producer's homage to himself... but no, he says he has something to tell Pedro before he goes. Pedro says there's nothing he can say that will change his mind. "What if I said that I'm willing to make any sacrifice? To regain your love and respect, I've decided to clear my name. And to earn your respect, I'll turn myself in."

Pedro is shocked.

Jefe continues, "I want you to know that for you - for earning your respect - I'm capable of anything. Even giving up my life."

Pedro is still shocked.

"You want us to go now? Let's go, son! Come on!"

They share a long, fuzzy hug.

Rosario has defied the mom who raised her to visit the mom who gave her life. Margarita asks why Rosa came to see her. Rosa can't explain it, but she likes being with her. She just has this great fondness and trust for her that came from out of nowhere. She wanted to come sooner, but stuff has been going on.

Margarita wants to know if she's in some kind of trouble. (She's taken to calling her "mi'ja." Whoa, take a number, lady.) It's Eva - her mom - her sisters won't forgive her, and she's all upset, it's awful. Marg counsels her not to get too mixed up in Eva's problems. Of course Rosa is shocked by this cold-blooded advice. Anything that hurts her mommy hurts her too! She doesn't want to see her hurt. She picks up her bag to leave in a huff. Marg says "Rosario! Rosario!" and wiggles her hands slightly in protest, but that's all.

Eva is at Grandpa's, thanking him for letting her speak with Pablito and Luisito. She says she deserves to be punished for everything that's happened. "What will you do now?" he asks. She may leave town. She's got nothing here. Grandpa asks, what about Rosario? Eva says excuse me, I have to leave.

Rosario does a show. (There's a pretty man, front and center, among her dancers. I wonder if he can talk?) Ofelia worries that she's going to have to tell Rosario the whole truth.

Meanwhile, at the Tumbao, Eva sadly watches Margarita's show.

Uncle Vicente asks Quintina where Franco and Oscar are. She doesn't know. He thinks they must be moping. She says Reyes are never defeated. They'll fight for their love. He says he'll help! "What are you thinking?" she asks. "You'll find out," and he kisses her on the cheek and leaves.

Sofi shows off the shop keys to Sarita and talks about her meeting with Uncle V, and the Reyes will be back in the Uribe hacienda very soon. Sarita is at least happy for them, she thinks it's only fair.

Meanwhile, Feo and Raquel are seething over the loss. And Raq is worried about when Gabi finds out she'll have to give up her part of their land, including the spring ("ojo de agua," "eye of water"). Enraged, Feo screams that the spring is what makes that land so valuable and they can't let it happen. She doesn't know how to prevent it, and for now she has only a few days to vacate.

Feo suggests burning the house down, so the Reyes will come home to ruins. But suddenly - and I mean in less than one second - Raquel has a fully-formed diabolical plan that's much better and will leave the Reyes in misery.

Uncle Vicente serenades Sarita and Jimena on behalf of Oscar and Franco. Gabriela is awakened by the ruckus and is immediately Not Amused. She doesn't even wonder for a split-second if, perhaps, her own sweetie arranged this... not that he would, but wouldn't it be nice? Couldn't a girl hope? Okay, couldn't a bitter twisted mean crab hope?

Gabriela runs outside to complain. Uncle V begins to explain his mission. When he sees Gabi, he breaks into a big grin and says, "Gabriela! Is it you, Gabriela?"

Meanwhile, Sofi opens up her balcony and Juan hops right in. They kiss, then she says no, "why do you deny our love, you just kissed me, I felt you tremble in my arms," more kissing.

Gabriela is squinting at Uncle V and saying she has no idea who he is. She orders him off her property, or she'll have him thrown out. Vicente is hurt and puzzled by her reaction, but replies, "I don't know why you deny that you recognize me, but okay, I won't insist," and leaves with the whole band of musicians.

I don't think Sarita or Jimena heard any of the serenade.

Gabriela is still standing outside in her pajamas, super-muy impactada. "Vicente... Vicente Robles. That man is Vicente Robles."

Juan tries to make up with Sofía, he pleads for the sake of their child, but she tells him she's going to be the baby's mother and father. He does not think much of this idea; it's his and nobody can take it away from him. She doesn't see how he'll be able to be a father, since they're separated. "With your understanding, your help, your support, your FORGIVENESS. Forgive me, Sofía! Don't condemn our child to live this way just because you're upset. I ask you, I beg you, we'll live together again, like a family."

But she feels that it is impossible. It will NEVER happen. He says this is because of her pride. She says it's about much more than being hurt. He rehashes the Libia's story from their point of view. It was completely, wholly Bernardo's fault, and totally not Juan's and his brothers'. Just Bernardo's.

After Margarita's show, Eva tells Marg of her plan to leave town. She doesn't want to get in the way when Marg breaks the news to Rosario. Ofelia shows up and says to Margarita, "you and I have to talk." She wants Eva to stay and hear what she has to say to "this heartless mother" too.

Marg: You speak of me with such contempt, without acknowledging that Eva is just like me. She too abandoned her child.

Ofelia: She didn't abandon her; she was taken away.

Marg: Whatever...

(Rosario wanders in behind them)

Marg: ...Eva is not the mother of Rosario. The mother of Rosario is ME!

Margarita's True Daughter: What are you saying?

Rosario goes straight to Eva, and there is a long pause while Margarita puts on her most earnest face. Eva braces herself to hear it again. Margarita says "Child, at last you'll learn the truth, though I wish it had been some other way... it's true, Rosario, I am your mother. I am your TRUE mother."

(I don't know if I'm supposed to feel sorry for her or not, but I can't because she's done nothing but manipulate people ever since she showed up. I wouldn't be surprised if she did know Rosario was in Serdán when she agreed to sing at the Tumbao.)

Gabi is still repeating "Vicente Robles, Vicente Robles" in her bedroom. "Where'd he come from? I'm going to tell Fernando right now!" But he's not in his room! Where is he??

He's still with his special gal Raquel. Evidently, having sex with Feo is a crucial link in her plan to ruin the Robles-Reyes. She gets up for some wine to celebrate. Feo immediately starts snooping through her things and finds Ricardo's snake belt. "This belt? I like it. I'll take it!"

Interesting. He's never seen it before.

Uh, what I mean is, Oh my gosh! Is he going to steal it? What kind of a person would do such a thing? I'll tell you what kind of person - a real jerk!

Sofi and Juan are still fighting. She admits her father failed to tell them the truth at that time, but he was going to tell them everything! Really! "And how do you know that?" "Feo told us! Daddy told him before he died!" "And you're going to believe that JERK?" Juan tells her that Grandpa thinks Feo caused Bernardo's death. Sofía says sometimes her grandfather doesn't know what he's saying!

I can't believe she just said that! Juan tells her Grandpa's wise and smart, sometimes he seems to know things before anyone else. It'd be a good idea for her to pay more attention to him.

Feo stashes the belt away in his pants pocket (note, he's not wearing the pants) before Raq comes back with the wine. They toast to a pleasure-filled future and the surprise they've prepared for the Reyes.

Sofi and Juan are still bickering. I would think it was cute if my wrists weren't on fire and it wasn't after 2 in the morning. Something about who changed whom, or who made who change, or... oh so sleepy... before he met her, he was a gloomy gus, but then he met her and everything changed. And now his life's gonna suck again. They can't forget the happy times they've had together. This breakup would be so much easier without those good times.

"I will love you forever, Juan, and nobody will change that. I dumped you for your deception and lies."

"I didn't betray you. You say you can love me, but you can't forgive me? You're selfish and unfair like your mother. I'm going to say just one thing to you, this child you carry here, that you say is no longer mine, you're not going to make me renounce him. I'll see him when I want, whenever I feel like it, nobody can stop me!"

Mexico airdate: 5 de Junio

Word of the day: "Ser señalada" = Something like "wearing the scarlet letter." Can also refer to branding livestock. Good luck working that into a conversation.

History lesson of the day: Grito de Dolores - "The Cry of Dolores." Dolores was not a woman, as I once imagined, but a town in Mexico. On September 16, 1810, the Cry of Dolores marked the beginning of the Mexican War for Independence. Read the story here in English, with links to Spanish, German, and French.)

Next time:
Feo acts like a jerk.

Labels:


Comments:
LOVED reading your recap, Julie. But then, I always do. :D

Heck yeah, that Feo-bitch-slap was sweet. I threw my DVR in reverse no less than ten times and watched it over and over and laughed my happy @ss off until I was satisfied. Then I got pissed, because suddenly it was dawn the next day and the one scene we all certainly loved to watch had summarily ENDED with The Slap. Meh.

Your idiomatic, vocab, and history lessons are gold. Thank you! Especially "ojo de agua"--I couldn't for the life of me figure that out. Although, learning of the Grito de Delores set my mind to imagining a Grito de Pueblo--you can just hear the poor town weeping over the low production values of this telenovela.

You're right--the captions were disappearing VERY quickly and I don't know why. At first I thought it was just me (glad to know it wasn't). That was irritating.

So... is Uni-Jefe really going to fold up just like that, go from being The Baddest Man On Campus to not only asset-less but in jail and probably offed by some convict with a grudge, all for Pedrooooo? I'll have to see it to believe it. They share a long, fuzzy hug. LOL!

Hooray for Eva. No more groveling and apologizing to the Self-Righteous Rabble. "Wait, Eva..." "Nope, see ya in the next life, Pops."

Tio V knows Crabby?? The way his mustache was twitching over his smile, could that maybe be in the biblical sense? Uh-oh.

Rosario has to be as sick of "I'm your mama, he's your daddy, no I'm the real mama, no I'm the--" as much as I am. If she'd just gone on MAURY in the beginning, she'd know for sure by now.

Feo's never seen the snake belt buckle before?? Well crap, that blows a theory or two out of the water.

I'll see him when I want, whenever I feel like it, nobody can stop me!" Damn right, Juan. You tell her. Miss "I can still see my feet and tie my own shoes though I'm nine months pregnant" Elizondo. Huh. :-)

Thanks again for your dedicated work, Julie.
 

Excuse me--that would be Grito de Puebla. (oops!)
 

Thanks so much...
My husband says Crabi has the ooops look on her face when she saw Vincente. Like running into to someone after that one nighter a few years back. Not that, that would ever happen to me....

Oh Gawd why oh why must we suffer through Sofie the non-pregnant. Did you see her in that night attire..oh little princess. Jeez it would be great to be like 11 months pregnant and not show. Damn she and her annoying sisters, let's see..let's press up against Juan, deep kiss him and then pull the no...no...no..

reminds me of a friend I had in high school, she was always saying no..no..no as she wiggled under some guy in the backseat, that way she was a good girl cause she did say no.

She plans to not let him see the kid? And that would be cause he is a really mean person? Or would this be cause Sofie is embarrassed about his lower class standing.
 

Great, thanks Julie! Sorry you had to stay up so late! I have no captions at all, this week or last. Univision Fayetteville says it's Time Warner's fault, TW says no es mi culpa.
 

Thanks for the recap Julie and the word of the day.

That slap was priceless. The best part was she was looking at Snofia but hit Feo. I'm still trying to figure out how she managed to hit him at all!

I fell asleep and woke up to Horse Face (Marg) telling Rosario she is her mom. Poor Eva and poor Rosario.

Does Raquel get to keep all her stuff or does she have to leave it there? Did they say how much time she has to vacate?
 

Great recap and parenthetical asides, Julie. Thanks!

I wonder if Tio Vicente is Sofía's real father???

So, Feo the baddie wears black knit boxer briefs. It would have been better comedy if they had Care Bears on 'em. Even though he's The Axis of Evil, they could have given us a nice trasero shot, since nobody else was giving it up last night.

Sofi is still not showing, and the esmas resumenes (yes! I peeked!) get really interesting muy pronto. Mexidoon, indeed!

doris
 

Julie: Awesome recap, and thanks for the vocabulary info.

I hope Tio Vicente turns out to be Crabi's long-lost love. I knew he was in a band because he's always dressed to sing.
 

I want one of those "coyote" jackets. It will go so nice with my "coyote" belt buckle. :-P He does look funny without the hat. I posted this earlier but I'm not sure where it went.
 

thnks so much for the recap, julie. For some reason, things weren't clicking in my brain very well last night, and your efforts helped fill in a lot of blanks. I can't understand why they didn't give us instant replays of the bitch slap on the stairway. It's something that everyone has been dying to see, and they did the scene so well, they should have got more mileage out of it...i ws thinking, too that maybe Sofia was the product of a Tio V/ Crabi encounter all those years ago. If that is the case, how interesting that she is so twisted about Bernie doing Eva, Bernie doing Libia. It would also make Sofia Juan's cousin...Too bad that Sneerita and jimena didn't get to see the serenade, or their mama throw the guys out. Wasn't Tio's dancing horse cool? they should have put a mic near his hooves, there would have been a percussion section added to the mariachi band...What a low-life Feo continues to be- stealing the snake belt. where's he gonna wear it. If Ricky Uribe ever shows up and sees it-look out. we all know how violent his temper is, right?..Anyway, it looks like they are about to pick up the pace on the plot- about time!
 

Great recap. Reading such recaps makes the show tolerable. I told a Mexican friend about the Blog referring to the show as Hair in the Bread , he thought that was pretty funny.mhm
 

Great recap as always!

I think that if Fernando ever wears THAT belt buckle, it will be like a bullseye target to SOMEONE. That could betray Raquel as well to her husband.

When are we going to get a look at Raquel's daughter, Ruth?

And where were the brothers and sisters last night?

Thanks also for the palabras lecciones! I am just learning Spanish and this sure beats the lessons I have been studying.
 

I doubt that Feo will wear the belt in public. He'll just hide it in his safe with his other treasures. (Only a guess)

I am also guessing that whatever happened between Gabi and Tio V, happened before she got together with Bernardo and became a bitter husk. And it was probably platonic.

He greeted her so warmly, and fully expected a friendly reply. If they'd had any kind of an affair, before or after she got married, his greeting probably would have been more guarded (unless they parted on good terms... hard to imagine now, but clearly he has only pleasant memories of her).
 

Julie, someone needs to fill him in on all her latest activities then...Let's see, setting her daughter on fire, smacking everyone around, throwing her dad out in the street and those are just for starters. :) He may not think so warmly of her after that!
 

I wonder if Pedro will take his father up on his offer to turn himself in.

I wondered where the brothers and sisters were. It was certainly odd that Jimena and Sarita didn't even come out for the serenade.

For a moment, I thought maybe there had been some decision to give Eduardo and Adela an episode to themselves (well, without their sibling costars) to reinforce their positions as the headlining stars in the brother/sister lineups. But then I remembered that short scene with Sarita; so much for my theory.
 

Wonderful recap, Julie!
But I have one question: Wouldn't Raquel have noticed the bulge the belt made in Feo's pants pocket when he dressed or was she passed out with wine/pasion???

Novelera in AZ
 

No Franco, no Oscar, no swimming, no showers. So depressing when it is just Juna and Sophia. I thought something was going to happen in that bedroom, but no, she kicked him out again. Dumb girl.

So Feo does Raqi, she leaves the room for a minute and he starts randomly pawing through stuff. He is just a huge JERK!

When they were all in the judges office, of who ever that was and they got the land back, there was this brief shot of Juan looking at Benito like "sorry you got caught in the middle dude" it made me laugh.
 

That whole judge/hearing thing was silly. At least they didn't drag it out. I think there should be a requirement of at least one Reyes swimming or taking a shower every episode.
 

Connie, wouldn't that be lovely? When there is no Franco or Oscar, there is just lots of yelling. At least those two smile and laugh!

When Juan is standing there all hot with his best puppy dog eyes, I don't know what Sophia is thinking, but I sure wouldn't be thinking, no go away!

I did like the Pedro/Jefe hug, very sweet. Although I was thinking me might need a good velcro sound effect as they pulled away. LOL!
 

I suppose Feo didn't put his pants back on until Raquel was asleep, so she didn't notice the lump in his pants.

Or even if she did, he could just say he had a sandwich or a dead toad in his pocket. (It worked for Beaver Cleaver!)
 

Hey Juan, I thought "Love means never having to say sorry"
So I wonder if Rosario will accept Margarita as her Mother.
 

Thanks Julie, for an entertaining recap. Thanks for the details because I had no captions. Hey, I have a comment about Sofia's lack of a belly bulge. I saw her live on TV a couple of nights ago and she is pregnant and she's showing. Too bad it's too late to trade the novela lack of a bulge for her real life bulge.
 

Julie: Great recap! Reading your version of the looooooong drawn out saga of the hairiest, whiniest bunch in the western hemisphere is so much better than watching. Very witty & sharp...kudos! Thanks for the vocab too. High school Spanish was never this much fun.

Crabi & Tio V??? Hmmm...obviously, it was way back before Crabi sipped from the well of bitterness & became the vile wretch that she is. Frankly, she deserves Feo. Wait 'til Tio V meets the new & improved Crabi. Can anyone say "run like the wind?"

BBQ Stephe: ha! Rosario on "Maury"--toooooo funny!

Raqui gives new meaning to the word "stupid."

Juan & Slofia: oh just shut up. Can you imagine being one of their friends & having to listen to this rehashed over & over & over??? Shoot me now. Don't give either of them a glass of wine or a shot of tequila...that'll really get 'em revved up.

Fuego Maggie

p.s. Can there ever be enough partial nudity/showers/skinny dipping parties/tight pants to save us??
 

Thanks for the recap. I missed the show (Monday Night Football), but the recap helped me picture every scene.

Feo is not just a jerk, he's a psycho. He probably wants to keep the belt the way he keeps Libia's locket. He has no remorse, or actual feelings (except those of how brilliant he is). And of course, so far, it's working. He's able to fool both Raquel and Gabi. But not para siempre.
 

Fuego Maggie...they could start with at least one per show! None in two episodes is just not okay! With the plodding plot and the endless stupidity, the eye candy is the best thing they have going for this show right now!
 

Molly: You said it! If the male viewers can get a daily dose of Rosario's DDDs, we should get our daily dose of nice buns in tighty whities.

Wasn't Title 9 supposed to rectify inequalities in sports? Isn't ogling a sport? I think it belongs in the Olympics.

Fuego Maggie
;-)
 

Did anyone notice that we got a Tio Vic rear end shot? Not quite up to par I didn't think. It was when he was talking to Snofia in town or wherever that was. We never get Juan shots. I'm so disappointed.
 

Using a phrase from Doña Bárbara last night: el hijo de tigre nace pintado. Or, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Vicente Fernandez, Jr. outshown every other serenata we've seen so far. He sings on pitch!

And, yes Feo being unfamiliar with the snake belt just doesn't fit. He has the tattoo; there's rattles nearly every time he shows up, and yet...and yet, he doesn't recognize the belt that was worn at the Robles-Reyes crime scene. I don't think we have any knowledge of Feo's family background, although I almost remember something about his family losing everything.
 

But why would he pick out that particular item? Just because it has a snake on it? So perhaps he doesn't know anything about what happened to their parents. You'd think you would notice if something like that was missing.
 

Someone help me I'm about to slit my wrists with the show!
 

Maybe Feo feels a special affinity for snakes.

Remember Crabi's creepy necklace?

FuegoMag
 

Another excellent recap, Julie. I love being able to count on the 'cap and the blog for my Fuego fun, 'cause the broadcast doesn't have it right now.
This morning, I woke up my daughter and told her Eva wasn't her real mother, I was. She didn't laugh as much as I hoped.
Tio Vicente's serenade and dancing horse were the best entertainment in last night's episode.
La Paloma
 

FuegoMag I forgot about that necklace! Yuck.

I would agree that the dancing horse is always the best part (unless there is a shower/swimming scene.)
 

Melinama... Univision Atlanta never had captions either. But then I switched to satellite and Middle Brother hooked up this surround-sound stereo system, and somehow now I can get captions (while using either the satellite remote control or the stereo's). *shrug* Weird.

Loved Tio V's performance with horse and mariachi band.

Molly and Julie: ROFL!

"Bernardo, you are NOT the father." Audience goes wild. "Eva, you are NOT the mother." Audience goes wilder. "Marg, you ARE the mother!" Poor Rosario runs to the back of the studio, sobbing. LOL! Let's stop there--do we really want to know who Marg boinked to get Rosy? (No!)

Okay, so Rosario's Weapons of Mass Destruction are back front and center again, nightly. Let's get some Reyes nudity and primo shots going again, FUEGO, dang it! Rosy's stage boy is a cutie, but that doesn't cut it by a LONG way. Arghhh.
 

It could be Feo's father who was involved with the Snake Belt gang, and Feo didn't know about it. We really don't know how old he is. He looks older, but then, don't they all?
 

"You know what? Darth Vader is your mother. Are you satisfied? Are you happy now? Will you stop asking me?"

Phew. Just had to get that off my chest.
 

Milestone episode #100!

I guess we get to see the Hermanos Reyes move into the Hacienda now being occupied by the Uribe's. What will become of the old Panaderia? What will happen to Benito?

Ibarramedia
 

Bridget, hold out hope for a swimming scene! If it doesn't happen, find one on youtube! The pain of the thoughtless rambling story will subside with some handsome men swimming in their undies!
 

Julie***Thanks for the recap and all the funny comments. You are really on your game, girl....so many funny comments. However, I must quote: ''I felt you tremble in my arms.'' Oh, Juan , so many mujers would tremble in your arms. Sofia had better SNAP OUT OF IT, or someone else will be doing the trembling in those great, big. muscular arms. Can you see me raising my hand ???? Where was I ????? And, Sofia is still not showing. I think this will be like Amor Real where we got to see her noticably pregnant for about 1 min ute as she strolled along the street and got bigger and bigger...then,,, wham bam...labor and delivery. Maybe Adela has something in her contract about not appearing pregnant in a show for longer than 1 minute. I had to have hub tie my shoes and pull me up out of chairs, sofas, and beds by the end of my pregnancies,,,,I'm just saying. p.s. I hope Raq takes that bed with her when she moves out. It would really creep Juan out if he had to sleep in that bed after Ferd and Raq's noche de amor. Ewwww.
 

Hi Julie; are you burning out your last remaining wrist tendons on this crazy TN? It's so not worth it...but oh boy do I love to read your recaps! Thanks!
Isn't it true that anywhere in the world, not just Mexico, if you had a dispute over land, it would involve the tedium of a long drawn-out litigation that went on for months and months? How can they resolve that in one episode, yet they can't get that pregnancy jump-started? Do you think one day soon, there'll be a caption that says "seis meses despues...", and Sofi will be there with the baby in her arms?
"Creemelo"
 

Tio Vicente is adorable and almost completely round. Hard to believe that he is the son of Vicente Fernandez and the brother of the very attractive Alejandro. He's a welcome relief in all ways, including the singing department. I read somewhere that he appears in his father's shows. I wonder if he is the brother who was kidnapped and had a couple of his fingers detached by the kidnappers.
 

Last night was one of the few times that my wrists actually hurt - usually it's just weakness and general clumsiness.

Just yesterday I got the splints for my wrists. Supposedly, just sleeping with those on will cure me because it's not bad.

And according to the tests, there's no damage to my ulnar nerves as I had feared (that was my original complaint, I didn't even suspect that I had carpal tunnel yet). I have either golfer's elbow or tennis elbow - I forget which, I don't play either game - which, evidently, is only considered a nuisance and not medically interesting.
 

Julie, too bad you can't just go on YouTube or something and read your recap to us!
Anyway, I admit...Pedro is sort of growing on me. (stay for me Pedro...stay for mre...) But I also find myself wanting to pinch Tio Vicente's little round cheeks. I missed the moment between him and Crabi last night, I'd better try to keep my eyes open!
"Creemelo"
 

Hi, Julie -- I always enjoy your recaps and comments too! Re: Feo liking snake belt -- I believe that was his comment when he found it in the drawer -- oooh a snake I like snakes and I like this cool belt, I'm taking this with me -- or words to that effect. Yeah I was wondering the same thing -- where is he gonna wear it without somebody going ballistic at the sight of it!!

But probably he took it so that he could use it to blackmail Raquel with later on. Feo usually thinks ahead like that...

Traveling Lady, I think you are correct that Tio V is the one of Vicente Fernandez' kids who had his thumb or finger removed by narco kidnappers. I think he and Alejandro might have different mothers too. Vicente Fernandez had a special on Televisa about his life and times and they replayed it recently -- you might see if they plan to replay it again soon, it mentioned all of that stuff y mas!

PanQue
 

ps Julie-- the long fuzzy hug was hilarious!

PanQue
 

I don't think the word "snake" was in Feo's remark about the belt. I think he just said "Ese cinturon? Me gusta. I'll take it." (Sorry, I read it better than I write it.) But nothing about a snake that I recall.
 

So if Marguerita is not Rosario's mother who is? This opens a whole new can of worms. Maybe Gabi is and Eva switched babies. Anyone else have any suggestions?
 

I'm glad Horse Face isn't her mother. Maybe now she'll go away. That's sad that the child died though.
 

I liked the scene with Juan, Capricho and Slofia. The horse was so cute. Do they walk like that all the time?
 

I still think Sofia is Eva's child. But then we have Ruth (I wish they would hurry up and introduce her).
 

Raquel acted very nervous when Eva asked her about the picture of Ruth. Maybe there were twins. Rosario and Ruth!
Or maybe Gabi had twin girls but only wanted one so she kept Sofia and gave the other one away.
 

What if anything do we know about Ruth? And where does Rosario fit into all this?
 

Thank you for posting what happened with Rosario. You know, no Spanish me! I understood Rosario didn't have the birthmark and was not her daughter, but not what had happened to the daughter she left with Ophelia. And if Ophelia knew this, why did she thought bubble that is Rosarios mother that first night at Tumbao? Do the writers think we don't really watch the show? And why do people dump their kids on Ophelia, is she the abandoned girl child clearing house?

I was assuming Ruth most be Eva's, but now that Rosario's orgin is up in the air again, I figure she has got to fit in here somewhere too.
 

Molly, now that you mention it, I'd forgotten all about that scene with Ofelia thought bubbling about Rosario. Very good question. If she knew the child was dead why did she act as if Rosario was Marg's daughter? Wow, this is getting way too confusing...she said the child became sick and died but then she didn't say who Rosario was and how she fits into the picture.
 

I think Ophelia is king pin in a baby trading pyramid scheme! Buy Amway, get a baby girl!
 

What was up with Crabi's face all lit up when she was eavsdropping outside the kitchen? Rosario was telling Sofia how Marg. was really her mother and not Eva. Crabi seemed to be taking great delight in hearing that news.

Maybe Feo is some kind of klepto. He just likes to take stuff that doesn't belong to him.
 

That was a really awful scene. It's like Crabi was really enjoying how much pain that would cause Eva. That woman is a witch!

Maybe Feo is like one of those psycho serial killers in the movies that keeps momentos! Ack!
 

That's what I was thinking Molly. He's such a sick guy.

Since Cheryl's out of town in Spain and we don't have a recap for today does anyone want a quick rundown (I don't have subtitles so I have to listen carefully) or does someone want to fill in? I can do as much as I remember if you want me to.
 

Me yes, please! Since I don't do Spanish, I have to guess at most of it.

Oh and thank the lord for the brief Franco/Oscar moment, at least someone was smiling!

And I loved Capricho following Juan. Very sweet.
 

Cheryl's out of town in Spain, haha, very funny!
I love the Capricho character, his sweet velvety nose. Someone once alluded to the fact that "you don't want to know what they do to train them to prance that way."
Yes, Molly, do a recap, put in lots of shower scenes! (we can pretend, can't we?)
"Creemelo"
 

I just typed the recap and hit a button and the whole thing disappeared. How frustrating.
 

Hit the HOME button for Tuesday's recap...it hasn't been posted on the sidebar but it was recapped by Bridget.
 

FUEGO, TUESDAY 9/17 (#100): ARE YOU MY MOMMY?

We open with Snofia and Juan rehashing the same stuff from the day before and acting like 5-year olds. I like to call it SSDD (Same Sh$$ Different Day).

It’s breakfast time at the hacienda and Snofia wants to know where gramps is. Crabi informs everyone that he is not allowed in the house and was not invited. Snofia says she will go and get him. Crabi says that it is her house and she will say who gets to visit so sit down and shut up. Well, that certainly helps the digestion. We’re off to another happy day in our beloved Mexidoon.

Later that morning, Rosario comes to the House of Horrors to tell Snofia about the new mommy. She won’t accept Margarita as her mother and as far as she is concerned Eva is her mom. Crabi is listening outside the kitchen door and is smiling wickedly. Crabi is heading into town but sees Eva and can’t resist getting a good jab in whenever possible. You will never know who your daughter is, never, bwahhh, bwahhh (evil laugh.).

Juan is riding Capricho down the street when he spies his fair maiden (who is still not showing) and bellows at her. She turns around and they talk, blah, blah, blah. She turns to leave, he bellows again. More blah, blah, blah. She says she is going to be independent from her mother and is opening a shop and will provide for the Hijo. (Yeah whatever. She’s never worked a day in her life and has no clue what is in store for her.) She turns to leave. He bellows again. You haven’t even said hi to Capricho. He misses you so much. She goes to pet Capricho and they almost kiss (not Capricho but Juan and Snofia). They pull away. (Gross, cooties!) and walk down the street with Capricho following behind.

At the panaderia everyone is sitting around talking. Tio Vicente walks in and tells Juan to tell them the good news….”We have our hacienda back.” There was lots of shouting and hugging but sadly no swimming or showering…big sigh. Every one is happy, happy. Pedro shows up and Juan tells him the good news. Now we can all live at the hacienda and you don’t have to leave. Pedro says he needs to be on his way. (I’m not sure why exactly.)

Jeff (uni-jefe) is talking to Coyote and telling him he will do anything to gain the respect of his son. Even if it means turning himself in. Coyote looks sad. (I think there was more but I missed it.)

There is a scene with Crabi and Feo talking about the “Ojo de agua” but I didn’t catch much of it. Feo goes to his room and fondles the snake belt and the snake glows with magical power.

Meanwhile at Hacienda Uribe, Benito and Raquel are lamenting the loss of their beloved hacienda. Where will we go, what will we do? Wait until Ricardo finds out. Benito is still wondering about the big check and what kind of “business’ his Tia is doing with the Wicked Witch. (Personally I think the Reyes should just go over there and start chucking stuff out the window.)

Beaming back to the Bad Love Bar we see Rosario getting ready to perform. In walks Horse face and looks all sad. Rosario wants to know how could she dump her like she did. I’m a singer too but I would never leave my Luisito. We have more blah, blah, blah then Horsie notices that Rosario doesn’t have a birthmark on her foot. Oh no, what could that mean? She said you don’t have a birthmark on your foot. Rosario says, “Duh, no joke.” Horsie says my daughter has a birthmark on her foot…about that time Ofelia walks in and looks impactada. “How is it that Rosario doesn’t have a birthmark?” Horsie says. Ofelia is trying to think of something but instead she tells the truth. Your daughter became sick and was too weak and died. Everyone looks impactada…to be continued.

Word of the day: descanso (break; half-time)
Example: Cada dos horas me tomo un descanso.
Every two hours I take a break.

Please feel free to fill in what I missed.

Connie
 

Bridget posted already so disregard my short summary. :)
 

Thanks, Connie for the short recap.
 

Connie, you are a born recapper!
I believe you captured every single important plot point!
Oh no, is Coyote going to be in the unemployment line? Who will hire a former...uh, what was he? The world's most soft-hearted hit-man?
Coyote, run, run to the bakery, they'll take you in!
"Creemelo"
 

Maggie, your 2:06 comment just made it to the sidebar.

Connie, I will post your recap...
 

Oops, I take it back - I see Bridget filled in for Cheryl!
 

I didn't realize Bridget had posted already. I'd be glad to fill in if someone has to be on vacation or something.
 

Connie, your recap was great! But, just out of curiousity, where is Bridget's posted?
"Cree"
 

I don't really know. I think you click on Home and it takes you there. I didn't know this so probably missed out on a lot of great comments today.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder