Thursday, November 06, 2008

Cuidado con el Angel - Thurs. Nov. 6 - One Night With Her is All He Gets

Review of last night: Stefi is telling Isa that she’ll do anything to keep from going back where they were before – anything, anywhere except the street. She’s looking for something that will humiliate JM – she’ll go after Ed.

Back at the beach, Mari is thrashing about in the bed having a nightmare. This time, we get to see a little bit of the attacker’s profile. No doubt – it’s JM. She wakes up – a nightmare he says – yes, it was you, it was you. He looks really bad – she runs into the corner – leave me alone. No, no, no – He wants to explain – she gets hysterical and runs out. JM runs after her. She runs on the beach – with JM running after her – finally, she tires – No, it can’t be, it can’t be JM – He stops to talk to her – she tells him the attacker in her dream had his face – she can’t believe it could be him. She caresses his face – I love you – I hate the other person. It can’t be that you are the face of the man in my nightmare –They hug each other – and both cry.

Back at the hospital, mom delivers more messages from Vicente to Rocio and Rocio to Vicente. It seems to make all of them happy, including mom.

At the beach – I’m ashamed I even thought it – You can’t be the man who did me this damage. I carry hate from within for him. What’s the matter – why are you looking like that at me?

At the hospital – Rocio wants to know when the bandages will come off – the nurse says when the doc says so.

Mari keeps going over the same thing with JM –It can’t be. He says she –not he – should be asking forgiveness. You have shown me how to love – made me your wife. He cries and says he’s afraid that she won’t forgive him. He loves her more than anything they have a love that can last – he was lost, blind, drowning in alcohol – a poor girl came into his path – it was him – he has the scar from the rock she hit him with. It’s me, it’s me –with his head in her lap – she can’t believe it.

You’re a damned coward – the worst. I hope I go to hell, he says. I hate you. She runs away crying. He looks up to the sky and cries. She hears JM shout the word forgive – she says no, no. Finally, he catches up to her – she tells him to get lost. He wants to talk. How long have you known – he tells her from the first day he talked to her in his office. She curses him and calls him names –He says he had an opportunity to correct his mistake – she goes ballistic and hits him and tells him she hates him. He takes it like a man. I believed in you, I wanted you and I felt the glory of love – you tricked me. He says they should save their love – they have something beautiful – she says he’s a liar. He insists he loves her. She’s shivering – maybe she’s cold. Does it get cold in Acapulco? He keeps trying to convince her that he’s the man who loves her. Tell me you can understand what I am asking. Forgive me, forgive me.

Lovely music play, while he begs forgiveness and she looks on like he stinks. We get a black and white montage of the prior day and the very short honeymoon.

At the hospital – the love letters keep going back and forth – delivered by mom-mail. Rocio wants to know if mom knows what Vicente wrote – she says no – Rocio keeps questioning her about when Vicente will be able to walk –Rocio thinks that her bandages will be removed tomorrow.

At the beach – JM still cries – Mari’s not saying anything. He swears he is telling the truth. She says she can’t love him now. He reminds her of last night in his arms. But – she says she didn’t know who he was. She doesn’t want to be touched by him. She runs away and faints – JM goes to help her, picks her up and starts running – she must be heavier than she looks.

Back at the barrio Adrian visits Candi. Adrian argues -there shouldn’t be a honey moon. He’s adamant – Mari will not be able to respond to him as a woman – that’s his punishment.

Meanwhile, JM has carried Mari back to their room – she still rejects him with fear and disgust.

JM tries to comfort Mari – he goes to get some ice (I think) for her. She picks up the floral headdress from her wedding and looks distraught. JM is running all over the street – frantically looking for ice. while Mari flashes back to the wonderful moments she had when she met JM. She questions why God put him in her path because she can never forgive him. She knows he’ll return so she takes off running. She falls in the slippery hallway – and takes the stairs out of the building. On the street she stops a woman and asks where the bus terminal is located. She offers to sell her the chain – JM arrives at an empty apartment and realizes she’s left. The nice woman helps her out.

Mari gets on the bus for the DF. A dejected JM returns to the apartment. Sad music plays in the background. He caresses the flowers –and remembers the conversation he had with Mari at the beach – We hear “It’s not easy to breath” being sung in the background. He dreams of holding Mari as she sleeps. Closeup of JM – he sure looks good.

Juan calls some official – trying to find out if there is any news about Mari – no nothing.

Not wasting any time, Stefi is at the office visiting Ed. He’s had his last patient and can talk. She asks if he’s heard anything about JM. No, nothing. Stefi – says Onelia said they had an apartment in Acapulco. Stefi says she was destroyed when JM married that chava. She’s suffering – but, he says it couldn’t be as bad as being jilted at the altar. I hope JM will be happy with Mari – because something happened in the past that concerns both of them. That’s good news to Stefi.

JM visits Rocio in the hospital and asks JM about Mari. JM says Mari hasn’t come back yet. He’s worred about Rocio. The doctor shows up in the nick of time. He’s going to remove Rocio’s bandages. JM looks on with great interest.

Candi is in her apartment talking to the clothes she has hanging up over her head. Mari arrives – she can’t believe it and wants to know whey Mari is there. More shock, awe and tears.

The doc takes his time – the bandages are off – JM looks impactado – Rocio sees the looks of shock on their faces. They try to calm her down. She insists – am I a monster.

Mari begins to tell Candi aren’t you his legitimate wife. Yes, but – tell me what happened. Iran away –I left him. Don’t tell me you’ve already had problems. Finally, Mari begins to tell Candi the story.

Rocio continues to cry out and insist that they tell her what happened. She wants to see.

Candi offers Mari a drink of very red juice. Do you remember my nightmare, Candi. The man who chased me. Yes, says Candi – I know perfectly well. It’s not just a dream – it’s real life – what are you saying. Something happened to me before I knew you. I never told. That miserable coward ruined my life.

Dear Stefi is back at the mansion scheming with Isa. Ed confirmed that JM and Mari were in Acapulco – but, she suspects something. Ed couldn’t tell her. It was something very “delicado” that happened before the wedding.

Mari continues to tell Candi that he was the man who ruined her life – who kissed her by force – I thought I would never remember that face. In Acapulco I had that nightmare. It was him, It was him, Candi – Juan Miguel San Roman! Candi is shocked.

Candi comforts Mari – with good reason. I was so ashamed. She never knew it was him. Shameless thing he deserves the worst punishment. He knew it before I did. He didn’t tell you the truth. That’s the worst. That is what hurts me the most. I will never forgive him for that, never.

In the hospital JM talks to the doctor about the swelling. The doc says that Rocio’s recovery is going to be a long, painful process.

The phone rings at JM’s castle – Onelia answers the phone – no one answers. Finally Onelia asks if it’s Viviana. Dead phone. Onelia has a clue.

JM talk to Mayita. She says you left me here and went to Mari. But we’ re in love. You returned alone. Are you going to bring Mari here? JM tells her that she has to accept her because she’s my wife. I can’t accept her in place of my mother.

At the Velarde’s, Ceci and the judge talk. He wants to know why she is so sad – she talks about Mari – there are so many things. He says she’s always in favor of Mari – she says it isn’t fair. Mari – is not the person that Stefi, Onelia and Isa say she is. But, the judge reminds her that Mari broke up the relationship between JM and “our daughter” Stefi.

Ceci says it’s very hard for her to accept that Stefi is her real daughter.

JM talks to Mayita – he tries to get her to understand. He has no success here either. This just isn’t his week.

Candi calms Mari down. Mari takes a nap. Candi wants to kill him – Mari says he’s not worth the trouble and takes her wedding ring off and throws it down.

Mayita doesn’t want Mari at the house. JM is impactado.

Both Mari and Candi are having physical symptoms from all these horrible things. A knock at the door. It must be him. Don’t tell him I’m here. Candi goes to open the door –Mari sneeks a peek. Of course, its JM – where else would he look for her. Is Marichuy here? End of chapter.

Next: Candi wants to know what happened. Everyone gets in the act including Stefi , her accomplices and Padre Anselmo. How could this secret have been kept quiet for so long?

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, pasofino, so very much. I've read your recap before watching the episode. I dread seeing JM and Chuy's breakup after five freaking minutes of happiness. Urgh.

It's so sad -- Rocio and Vicente avoiding each other and not sharing their injuries for fear of rejection.

That it's not poor JM's week is an understatement! I don't condone his actions, but thank god he didn't rape her, at least. I think another woman with some time could work through it, with him genuinely remorseful, but with Chuy's innocent mindset, it may as well have been rape. A shame. Their chemistry together was blazing.

Ah, well. I shall console myself this episode by getting a massive eyeful of Levy. He's at his best and oh, so delicious when JM is miserable. :D
 

Thanks, Pasofino. Everyone seemed to be talking extra fast in this episode so I appreciated the dialogue translation.

Well, folks, looks we're in for it. A long separation for the star lovers, when their real relationship had just begun.

It did seem that Onelia was getting a clue about Viviana, and that Ceci was getting a clue that the horrible Stef might just not be her daughter, after all.

What I don't understand is why Ed would disclose even a hint of JM's and Mari's "intimate" secret to Stef, of all people. That made as much sense as the Padre blabbing to Adrian. Ed and the Padre are the last people you'd think of as loose-lipped, right?

J.J.
 

Thanks for the excellent recap. It cleared up a few things when people were talking fast.

Just a minor thing, but I thought JM was dumb to run out into the streets barefoot for ice. He was in some kind of exclusive place, so he should have called room service, or why wouldn't they have ice in his luxury suite? Also, since Marichuy had fainted, he should have called a doctor (since he, supposedly a doctor, seems to have no clue). I don't know if he's a psychiatrist (an M.D. if this were the US) or a psychologist (Ph.D), but once again, he doesn't seem too to be helping the image of his profession.
 

Thank you, thank you so much for doing this!!!
Now I can understand more when watching "Cuidado con el Angel".
 

I haven't seen the episode yet either and am also not looking forward to it. But what's this about JM getting hit with a rock during that incident? I don't remember from Mari's flashbacks that she hit the guy--did they show that in this episode?

I know that novelas are full of ridiculous coincidences, but I still can't get over how contrived it is that JM was running around drunk in the very same countryside where Mari was. I guess this is wishful thinking, but could it be that it is his guilty conscience and self-loathing that makes him think Mari was the one he attacked? And could her seeing his face in her dream be a subconscious self-defense mechanism, an excuse to run away from love? Although if it really was JM, that would make for a good story about (hopefully) redemption and forgiveness.
 

Contrived writing, indeed. JM's luxury location should have had ICE, for gawd's sake. That place was like four to five star. C'mon!

And sacrificing the characterization you've already built in order to move the plot to your convenience: Padre and Ed telling Adrian and Estephy about JM's secret, as if a priest and a true best friend would really do that.

It's a little too early for me to begin seeing chimpanzees in a room banging on selectric typewriters rather than real scriptwriters, so you Powers That Be need to straighten up. :(
 

Thanks so much for your re-caps. My spanish is definitely getting better after watching this show. I totally missed the rock thing in my own translation so it was nice to hear it.
Ya know I first started watching the show because I was channel surfing while my parents were out and just happened to hit Univision and JM's face was on the screen. I couldn't not watch it. So, the next day at work I googled JM's actor name and I was embarrased. I mean he's hot, but I guess I hadn't oogled him enough in his clothes to have felt comfortable seeing so much of him. It's ok now, but BOY OH BOY!
I've also been skipping ahead on Youtube and just to let everyone one know, JM's hair starts to look like Amador's. What's up with the hair people on CCEA?
 

Ok I watched "cuidado" for only the second time last night, but the way Marichuy was talking it seemed clear that she was raped...she wasn't though?? Does she think she was?

In the conversation between Eduardo y Estefania they said that JM and MC were staying at an apartment that Eduardo owns...maybe he doesn't keep ice in the freezer?
 

That's been a big source of discussion here -- what exactly did Chuy's attacker do? In the very beginning, with her being so traumatized and the way it was reinacted, you leaned towards it being a rape. But in all this time, that's never been confirmed, either in dialogue or otherwise. Assault, chased, scared, grabbed me, hurt me, he had big hands, I ran away... it's all been danced around. We finally see flashbacks with "his" hands actually on her, and they're struggling STANDING UP before she breaks away or something.

Up to this point, every novela I've watched with a rape in it made sure we knew it was indeed a rape -- no doubt. And the characters used the word. They knew it and we knew it. But not in CUIDADO. It's not even in the synopsis. I wish they'd just make it plain.

They didn't really "portray" Chuy as a rape victim on her honeymoon night, either, just as an innocent virgin (not that all rape victims or virgins act alike, I'm just speaking from a writing perspective).

I truly do not know. This is just my take on stuff. I'm leaning non-rape until I get something more concrete.
 

Thank you all for your comments. To be perfectly honest - I'm not sure what really happened that night either. You've all best described it as dancing around the subject - but, it's hard to believe that both JM and Mari would be so messed up over a kiss.

And, as to all the professionals revealing their secrets - What the Hell?

This was my first recap - so, I tried to be careful - and, it's hard to snark at beautiful people like Mari and JM in sympathetic roles. But, Stefi, Aunt Isa, Onelia and Maririo - their a different story altogether.
 

I meant they are - not their.
 

Pasofino, great job on your first recap!

I agree, I wish we could sort out exactly what happened. Maybe the writers are leaving things vague deliberately so they have more storyline options later. We know that Marichuy clearly believes she was violated and badly hurt, but JM was pretty adamant that what he did wasn't that bad, although it was bad enough that he's felt guilty about it. So either Marichuy's so innocent that she's blowing things out of proportion (although: any attack, still bad) or maybe she's mixing up two different events in her mind? We'll see.

I am disgusted that my beloved Eduardo would tell Stef anything. Is he not a shrink after all? Because his office looked more definitely medical. Stef was sitting on the exam table underneath a poster depicting childbirth, heh.
 

Oh, and I think Vicente's parents' names are Mercedes and Tomás.
 

You did great, paso! Thanks again.
 

Great recap, and how'd you do it so fast? I am still the world's slowest recapper.
 

Nina: I relied heavily on the subtitles. I also positioned my laptop in front of the TV and just went along (in Word) with each segment as best I could. I know I missed some of the conversation between Mari and JM - but, but, anyway. I knew I just had to do it - or I'd never get it done.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder