Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Las Tontas no Van al Cielo: plot synopsis in English, 11/18/2008

Tontas Plot Synopsis translated from Esmas.com.

How long can love last in a marriage? Three years? A month? A day?
Candy marries Patricio, the love of her life. She does not imagine that her happiness will last for only a few hours, since on her wedding day she discovers her husband kissing her sister Alicia.

A new life
Candy decided to break all ties with her old life, feign her own death, and take charge of her life. She moved to another town to live with Meño, her beloved uncle, without imagining that she is pregnant by Patricio.

What do you do when you hate men, but you know you need a partner?
Fast forward seven years. Candy has devoted herself to improving her life and raising her son Chava. She has transformed her life and now she is more secure and determined. That's when Santiago appears, an attractive plastic surgeon with a double life. On the one hand he is a loving father - he is raising his daughter alone because his wife left him to pursue her career in fashion design. On the other hand, he is an incorrigible womanizer.

Fear of love?
In addition to their fears, Candy and Santiago need to resolve many differences before they can start a relationship. One threat will be Patricio, now married to Candy's sister, Alicia.

What will happen to Candy? Will she bond with a man who has half the qualities that she needs, or forgive the love of her life and father of her child?

This and other answers will be in Las tontas no van a cielo, a different telenovela that addresses various modern conflicts:
- The emergence of a "new woman", independent and determined.
- The fear of commitment that precludes love.
- Plastic surgery as an option.
- Inner change as a way life.

Las tontas no van a cielo is the first telenovela of Televisa's vanguard, a fun offering that will surely catch your interest.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Woohoo!!
 

I think I noticed the actress who played the villainess on Duela de Pasiones [Thelma ???]
 

Which one is Jaime?
 

I think Jaime is the plastic surgeon, and I for one can't wait!
 

Susanlynn you are right - I looked on esmas yesterday and saw that it is Thelma (Fabiola something).

Jaime is Santiago. Jackie B is Candy, and Valentino Lanus is Patricio, who cheats with Fabiola/Thelma as Alicia.

That's about all I figured out, the rest I'll learn as I watch.

Also, based on the photo on esmas, uncle Meno is this show's token gay character (all comedic novelas, and most others as well, must have one).

Also again - I saw that whoever Santiago (Jaime) was married to is the same actress who played the middle sister on Heridas de Amor, the one who had a baby during the show and was terminally ill or whatever.
 

After that last post let me remind you all that no I'm not a girl even though posts like that escape from me now and again. Every time I fill my wife in on what happened last night on a show or whatever, I have to check and make sure I'm still a man.
 

Ferro~~~LOL~~~I'll bet that your wife assures you that you are indeed muy macho. You're right about the sickly sister....she will be reunited with the annoying sister [Jacky]...all that's missing is the blonde sister. What did we call her ??? Shrieky or something like that ??? I'm not crazy about any of these folks, so I don't know if I'll watch. I'm waiting impatiently for Fernando to return in Manana Es para Siempre. Jaime and the Keebler Elf just do not do it for me.
 

Squeaky/Renata. The middle sister was Florencia. I'm a little embarrassed that I still remember so much of this stuff. :)
 

I loved the name "Squeaky" so I remembered it too. Heridas was the first novela I watched from start to finish. I was a latecomer to Fea.

Now from this synopsis, the main character, the supposed heroine, allows her parents to think she's dead....when she's not!!!!??? Good grief. As a mother, I'm sitting here having 12 kinds of fits. This is going to be one twisted tale.

Vanguard telenovela indeed. (Still having fits.)
 

The character list is now posted as well. Both posts are tagged to Tontas. Did I do all the administrative stuff right?

Melinama, in addition to Jaime Camil who plays Santiago, there is also a lesser character named Jaime. He is a friend of Santiago's mother, Isabela (which is Jaime Camil's step-sister's name [a relationship Sergio Meyer likes to remind us of]).

From the Tontas Characters post, you'll see a link to Esmas with pictures of all the key characters. I wasn't sure about the particulars of posting Esmas photos to the blog, so I provided the link.
 

when does it start?
 

Starts Monday, December 1 at 7 pm ET.
 

Thanks. Lots a familiar faces in the supporting cast. Alicia was Thelma in Duelo. Chayo is Jackie somebody...a great dancer who won Bailando por un Boda de la Suenos [the Sunday night dance show that was on a while ago]. Jaime , I think, is the actor who played the padre in Amor Real. Tono looks like the little guy who was the comic relief in Mundo de Fieras. And is Tio Meno the corrupt official who hated Manuel in Amor Real ??
 

Isn't one of these guys the so-called "English" James who had that awful awful accent in the Gaviotaaaaaaaaaa show?
 

Yes Melinama you are right; one of those characters is James with the bad English accent from Destilando Amor. Hopefully he won't have an accent this time.
 

Thanks for posting this Paula. Lots of familiar faces. I hope it's good.
 

Jaime Camil is BACK!! Woohoo is right!! It's great to see some "Fea" alums in this cast, so I'll give it a shot. I've seen some LTNVAC clips on YouTube & although I'm sure Ms. Bracamontes is a perfectly fine human being in her own right, I'm not sure if she & Camil will come close to duplicating the chemistry that existed between Fern & Lety in "La Fea Mas Bella", which I so loved and miss yet today. Here's keeping my fingers crossed...
 

OK so my Spanish is still in the early formative stages. I am having a problem with the title. Try not to bust a gut laughing but... Does it mean "The foolish can't see heaven?

I thought I recognized Meester James from Destilando Amor.
 

Thanks, y'all, for posting the plot and characters. I'm getting so old and grumpy (maybe due to the length and content of FELS?), that I don't know if I'm ready for a "vanguard" TN. However, with Jaime Camil, I'm willing to give it a shot.
La Paloma
 

Yes Teresita, you essentially have it correct. Literally, "The Foolish (Women) Don't Go to Heaven." Candy, the lead, will not tolerate a man who treats her badly, reference how she responds to her husband's betrayal on their wedding day. Tontas (foolish women) who tolerate that will not find happiness; i.e. will not go to heaven.

The character who plays Raul (Meester James) is Carlos de la Mota. He also played Ed the Hippie on LFMB. IRL he is husband to Elizabeth Alvarez (Jimena of Fuego, Marcia of LFMB). Goole Images has some shots of him in sex-symbol poses, and I gotta' say, it's just not working for me!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder