Thursday, December 18, 2008

12-19-08 Fuego

Okay I haven’t been watching this, I read most of the recaps, but I bought a 50 foot cable during DA so I could use the laptop and watch the TV at the same time. A year later & my connector is loose, most times I type a comment, my connection is broken. So my ghetto wireless isn’t really up to par.

Anyway let’s start with ever increasing hordes of natives crowding into the hospital. I was delighted to see Tio Elf, sporting a festive Red Bow. Now I know what happened to that wreath I hang every year, really Dude if you were gonna steal the Bow, you might have taken the whole wreath..I’m tellin you, a little evergreen dressing up that collar was all that missing from making this a total Festive Fashion Statement. Rigo of the Blank Bullets & his unpregnant wife were present, Sarita & Jimena accompanied by their dull & insipid new suitors. Root & Fer stopped by, they had apparently seen some old Gray’s Anatomy’s and realized, dirty laundry, supply rooms, or open patient rooms and not to mention coma patient’s room are excellent spots for hook-ups. Padre Tad, the most useless priest in the western hemisphere was present. Franco & Oscar, Quintana & the Ros Whatever, the Ranch guy. Oh yeah and I almost forgot, Raquel, Gramps & his Santa.

Meanwhile in the little operation room of Horrors, the kid is going towards the light. Juan is shouting out all kinds of “What the Hell” is going on. I get it, that if someone is directly hook-up giving blood, they probably can’t give the person STFU meds, but still a gag would work. If I am being operated on, and a live donor is giving blood, please Gawd let it be someone who is mute. Less distraction.

The Nurse, Miss Angel of Death comes out to give Sofie the news that “There is no new, other than the kid is going down for the third time”. Oh Woe is Me, those quick to respond eyes of Sofie’s fill right up.

Back to the Operating Room, well I don’t know what happened cause actually I didn’t care, but happy music played, Juan smiled and all was right with the world.

Miss Angel of Death comes out again, curses foiled again, she is forced to act happy and tells Sofie the kid is strong and out of danger. Hmmmm Miss Angel gets a new thought and glides off.

Juan comes out with his shirt all open showing his manly blood donating chest. Why, I have no idea other than a ratings ploy. He is so happy, Sofie is so happy.

Okay now let’s move on to the other interplay going on in the very overfilled waiting room. Ranch Guy tells Sofie and Juan that the famed Snake belt, never belonged to Ber. Ber was a noble and honorable guy.
More of a lover than a fighter. This is the greatest news since well ever. Sofie wonders how Gabi could have told such a ginormus lie. Oh my hand was itchin, I so wanted to slap something…ahhh someone.
Sofie and Juan kiss, they vow to be together forever. Ya think? They will never ever ever be apart. Wow I am a total believer.

Gramps & Santa chew over the news. How could a swell guy like Gramps produce such an evil spawn?
Hey do you think there is some old guy in Palm Beach Fla., wondering the same thing…uhhhh maybe Gramps Madoff? Hey maybe Forty years of being in a Tequila Coma, Gramps missed Gabi’s formative years. Anyway whatever, he now says he wants to marry Santa Amante, she is thrilled, (as she carefully crosses her legs). Yes, love is one thing, but producing another Gabi is another. I know Santa should well be beyond the spawn producing years, but after all this Mexidoom, where all things contary to natural law still occur. They tell, Padre who is giddy with the excitement of chance of wearing a festive Wedding Cossack.

Juan and Sofie go in to see the lil patient. Juan AssHat that he is can’t quit saying Hija, Hija, Hija….I thought for sure he was going to shake her and we’d get to see the flat line. Instead he just chooses to talk to her in full volume. They lie to the little child with promises, of we will be together always. We will protect you, the family will be complete. Aside from the fact that the kid made it through the operation, the second luckiest thing in her life is the fact that she is not the true spawn of this idiots.
On the upside once this all works out as we know it will in the end. The three chiclets will be like those really rich kids who play the parents. You know they will constantly be doing the break-ups so the kids should get awesome pity gifts of sportcars, trips to Europe and so on.
Oh I forgot at some point, Don Clemente comes out and says that Julianna is dying. Juan and Sofie make rather insincere sad faces. Don Clemente, is crying and thanking the two for all their kindness to Julianna.
---The only thing that would have made this scene believeable would have been if Sofie turned and whispered to Juan, “Who is Julianna?”.

The couple go in and visit Julianna, they say their goodbyes, she is just so happy to be in their circle of happiness. She tells them how awesome and true their love. She will soon conveniently check out of life, thus leaving our lovers to feel even more blessed.

Tio Elf confronts Fer in a “In your Face” kinda way. Beats me what was said as I couldn’t get over the Elf seriously getting up in Fer’s face. Sorry but everytime I see him, then I think of Will Ferrell eating sugar on Spagetti and I am off on a whole new tangent. I just can’t pay attention to these people unless there is a chance they are going to kill someone, have sex or commit a crime. If I wanted to listen to a lecture there are plenty of places right down the street open every Sat or Sun and often Wed nites.

We had somekind of Sarita’s new novio thing. They wander off, Franco is pissed and wants to follow, Tio Elf says no. Franco distracts him, then runs off to follow Sarita. Next Franco ends up next to Oscar who is talking to Ximena and Sarita is there. I don’t know if new novio stopped off in the restroom or found a better looking female resident, (yeah it happens on Gray’s). We go thru to exact same crap we have been thru with these two couples. Just make it stop. Although I must say, I think Sarita and Franco are by far the more likeable couple, now that Sarita has gone thru that whole ugly pre-puberty sexual thing. Ximena just seems to have two emotions, I am catatonic but can talk and I am just catatonic.

Fer comes up to croon in Padre’s ear, Padre is all Satan Frightened. Root & Fer take off.

Sofie comes out and gets all sugary with Eva the Puelba Scapegoat. Padre had many HIDDEN happy thoughts, how Sofie is the real, daughter of Eva. Please, he thinks, let the truth be known.

Now Rachel, or Judy as she is channeling…stares at Eva. I gotta say, is this not the “Ol Whore getting Religion” cliché? I love when people act all pious when they are on the downside of longevity. Like getting pious at that point totally makes up for all the people they have screwed over in the past.

Fer & Root are in the Cabana, looking for a enforced wall so Fer can handcuff Root and get all jiggy wit it.
---Fer you know who built this FEMA hut, as soon as Root arches her back and stretches those arms the whole freakin wall will come down and you and your snake tattoo will be on display for the entire hacienda---
Fortunately Ricardo Uribe comes in and interrupts the trist. Fer & Ricardo do a sixth grade pushing, shoving macho contest and Fer leaves, Root gives him the universal “Call me” look. She talks to Pa.
Now we get to find out why Root hates Sofie so much. See Root is a much more complex person than my own sallow self. Just the fact that she is breathing, is enough for me.
--Well it seems like years ago, there was a school dance. Raquel, who was no doubt totally drunk at the time, made Root wear a babyish pink ruffled dress that just screamed out for mocking. Root had a crush on the main man of the sixth grade class. Some little tool named Antonio, who was just waiting to get fat. Yes you can see there is a fat guy inside Antonio. Sofie always the compassionate asks her main squeeze Antonio to give Root a whirl. Three other B team baby bitches stand around mocking Root from the sidelines. Hey I don’t see these chiclets getting an offer for a dance. Anyway Sofie promises the Tool, to dance with him, if he’ll give Root a whirl. He does and she looks happy, she is unaware that he is rolling his eyes. Later in the girl’s bathroom, Root is in a stall, while the three mega bitch chiclets are standing by the sinks mocking Root, saying how stupid she is and how stupid she looked and how Tony the Tool only asked her cause Sofie made him. This is Root’s “I’ll never go hungrey again” moment. She vows vengeance on Sofie.
Pa feels bad for her story & yes indeed he too vows vengeance on Sofie & Juan.

---Seriously, Root now turned into uber leather vixen…Root where have you been for the past few years, Sofie has worn outfits that made your princess dress look positively Red Carpet. Sofie wears things that Little Laura donated to the Parire Goodwill. Not to mention have you looked up the rest of the class? My guess is each one of the three has at least seven kids by various fathers & Antonio can’t see his own feet, much less anything else.

Okay to sum up the rest of this drivel…
Ranch guy confesses to Santa & Gramps that Ricardo is the real killer. Gabi overhears.
Juan and Sofie bother the Virgin with more promises that they will always stay together. Lying to the Virgin, not a good thing. While it seems this would be an awesome time to wrap this crap up, no can do as it goes on for a couple more months. So they will have to break up only to make up again and again and again and again.

Now then I want to thank each and every person who read my recaps & thanks for the support.
This will be my last recap.
For me it just isn't fun anymore.
Thanks again.

Labels:


Comments:
It sure was good to see Fernando get manhandled by padre Tadeo in the Dispensario. That never happens. So Unibrow baby's blood transfusion was finally over and Seh seems to be on the way to recovery. I wonder if they typed Juan's blood. If it is not the right type, unibrow could die....

Speaking of dying , it looks like our dear Julianna is about to die... So sad.

I also liked the part where Tio Vicente got into Fernando's face.
I find it interesting that everyone was there. Even Fernando and Ruth. Ruth talked to everyone but her 'Mother' Raquel. Did not even acknowledge her...

At long last we have found out who the real parents of Sofia and Ruth are. Sofia is the product of Don Bernardo and Eva, while Ruth was spawned by Gabriela and Ricardo. Rosario is the honorary daughter.

I've a feeling that El Coyote Yul Bryner will havce more of an impact here.... He might just hook up with Ruth and cool her down. Hehehe.

It would really be nice to see Ricardo And Fernando kill each other. At last we now know the reason for the crazy stolen baby/swap.

the back story for Ruth's hatred of Sofia is kinda stupid. If anything , Sofia was feeling sortry for Ruth. It's not like Sofia was really mean and abusive to Ruth. I chuckled at the 1993-94 fashion of the kids. While Ruth wore a quincineara type dress. Got to love the kid dj's there complete with strobe lights and everything.(I used to be part of a dj crew)and this is in Puebla, the land of no technology... :) ;)

Personally, I think it is getting good. A lot more action and less sob fest.

Ibarramedia
 

NO PUEDE SER, NO PUEDE SER!!! I went out of my way to lure Beckster here two years ago and have laughed and marveled at all her crazy wonderful recaps week after week after week.

I wish I could do what she does. I am so sorry she is leaving and hope she comes back when we have some less tedious piece of drivel for her to recap.
 

Beckster thanks for the recap. You filled in a lot of blanks for me. You will be missed. Your wit and humor have gotten me through the day on numerous occasion.

I think Pad Tad secretely carries a dagger under his robe and he's just waiting to use it at the appropriate moment.

Why are there no chairs in the waiting room?

It was really nice to see not one person but 3--count them 3 people-- get in Feo's face.

I have to say I'm getting a little tired of the Jimena/Sarita new boyfriends plot. It's just stupid. Jimena and Oscar are married with 4 kids. New boyfriend go away!

And lastly--Root--GET OVER IT. You were like 12 and Sophia was trying to help you. :-}
 

Beckster --- thank you for the snarky recrap. I will miss them. I know the feeling, though, when one has had enough of a telenovela. Happened to me with LFMB. I shall go into mourning and wear black. Or maybe Sofia colors. Take care. I hope to see you on another recrap board soon!

"She will soon conveniently check out of life, thus leaving our lovers to feel even more blessed." Best snark of the day!

I had a feeling Root's resentment toward Sofia had something to do with a boy back in gradeschool. Gaaaahhhhh....

doris
 

Beckster, you saved the best for last. This was really outstanding, clever and witty from beginning to end. I hope you do decide to recap again in the future. Diana in MA.
 

Loved the reference to Gramps Medoff, Beckster and wish I had the power to persuade you to stay on. If it's not fun for you, how do you manage to make it so much fun for us?

Your style is realy unique. I often find myself wondering How does she come up with this stuff?

Actually saw some of this last night and while I found Juan's constant carping über annoying, the shots of the little girl asleep after the surgery were so tender. Yes, I'm an absolute sap for sleeping children. It was a lovely moment...and fortunatly they kept repeating it. (yes, I'm having grandparent withdrawal symptoms and need to get down to Charlotte to see the babies.)
 

Beckster: Thanks for another great recap. Sorry you won't be recapping - but, I hope you'll comment.

Anyway - the mystery of why Root hates Sofia is finally out. What a disappointment. Just like so many sociopaths, Root misdirects her anger. The scene between her and Ricardo was laughable. So, now, daddy, you know why I hate Sofi. Of course, my dear, I understand, and I'll help you dismember her.

I have to admit I missed the first part of this chapter, but, I did get to see Sofia and Juan blubbering over Baby X. The producers would have gone insane if that baby woke up. Split shots - mabe she wasn't actually there during their deep conversation.
 

Beckster, que lastima que te vayas- hope that you will stay with us by commenting with your rapier-sharp snark. Thank you for the final 'crap.

Yeha, three diferent faces in Feo' face. He must be feeling a little beat down. How stupid for the writers to bring them to the hospital- they have both expressed thair disdain for the lil'uns, Root even once siad to Evea that the kid could just as well die, she dindn't care. Why send them to the hospital? Stupid. Even more idiotic- this "reason" for Root's haterd for Sofia. That was the best that the writers coulc come up with? Then, for ricky to sign on to a destroy Sofia campaign- wow! he's even a more supportive daddy than I had thought. I've been thinking of what is going to happen between feo and Ricky- I think that maybe they will pull their pistolas simultaneously, and shoot each other, Pad Inutil blessing the event. t least they are building some tension in the plodding plot....
 

Yeow- just read my post. Sorry for the misspellings...
 

I just started reading these recaps a few weeks ago and now my favorite recapper is leaving!!! DIOS MIO!!!I think the more ridiculous the telenovela, the better the recapping, no??? PLEASE don't leave. I love your recaps!!!
 

Great recap--you rock! Though, I must say, this is like the ultimate in dramatic telenovelas because I finally found my mama and then she left. I guess I still have my aunties... *tear*
 

Beckster, I'm certainly going to miss the mordant wit of your excellent recaps. You may be weary from recapping but one cannot tell from your final recap; excellent and biting as always. Thanks, you'll be missed. I thought that Fernando and Ricardo resembled 2 scorpions sizing each other up before a death struggle. I hope this was a preview of coming attractions. I think we all know that both of these canallas have to die. I think it would be fitting for them to off each other, although I'd prefer that Coyote whacks Fernando. Now on a fashion note, Ruth the teen could blame Mom for her bad rags. Who does she blame these days? Carlos
 

Sorry that you've had it Beckster but I can understand. You have made the stupidest novela, ever, so much fun. Hope to see your comments and maybe you'll find a novela suitable to your talents in the future.

As I mentioned yesterday, Juan is the only person not wearing a mask in a room full of masked doctors and nurses during hija's heart surgery, How convenient so as he could blabber support for poor mija. Health inspector...infection control please. But what can we expect from a hospital in Mexiloon. GinCA
 

I'm sorry this is your last recap, but at least you're going out with a bang.

Gem of the day: The only thing that would have made this scene believeable would have been if Sofie turned and whispered to Juan, “Who is Julianna?” Yet another lame storyline comes to a close, RIP.

The flashback scene was a scream. Young Sofia and Young Root didn't look anything like their grownup counterparts. And it was really funny to see 12-yo Sofia wearing more modern clothes than we've ever seen her in as an adult.
 

Ha Ha Ha...
Yep thanks for the comments.

Julie you read my mind about the clothes, she went from young Marsha Brady to young Marsha Amish..She was gagamatic sickening sweet even as a child.

How strange was the JuliAnna death? I mean it was done as filler for great Juan and Sofie interaction. I mean Sofie the Queen of Crying, looked both bored and put out at having to stand by the deathbed. Also where were the cousing in the dying scene? I guess it was a budget problem..cousins get another scene or more leather wardrobe?
Sofie's stunning leathers won out.
 

Carlos: "I thought that Fernando and Ricardo resembled 2 scorpions sizing each other up before a death struggle. I hope this was a preview of coming attractions. I think we all know that both of these canallas have to die. I think it would be fitting for them to off each other, although I'd prefer that Coyote whacks Fernando." Me too :)

"Now on a fashion note, Ruth the teen could blame Mom for her bad rags. Who does she blame these days?" I'm sure she'll find a way to blame Sophia for that too!

Really enjoy your comments. Diana in MA.
 

They say that the best way to get past your grief is to try to get back into your regular routine as soon as possible, so the cousins were probably out stealing more boyfriends.

Or maybe Don Clem didn't bother to tell them their cousin was dying. He'll keep that secret for as long as he possibly can, to avoid making them sad. That's his MO!
 

Nickster has a good point Becky. You're abandoning your baby for the second time!!! Just sayin'....not too late to change your mind.
 

Epi on sidebar, someone? Thank you.
 

Dear Anonymous...it's now posted. Thanks for the reminder.
 

Beckster:

Thanks for all the snarky recraps. The reason I started watching FELS in the first place is because I saw your recraps - and also because of EY. EY and the story line have disappointed, but not YOU!!!

Best wishes to you!
 

We are REALLY going to miss you on FELS, Beckster; but you went out with a bang. Fabulous snarky recap.

I couldn't believe the lameness of the school dance flashback. Sofía tries to do something nice and Ruth hates her forever for it???? And her fatuous father completely buys that this is a motive for revenge????

Not sure what they're going to come up with now to separate Juan and Sofía. Of course, the logical thing would be for her to pack up the niñas and move over to Hacienda Uribe so she and Juan could live together, but we know that won't happen.

By the way, apparently TV y Novelas magazine picked the top 10 of the year: Pasión was #1 and FELS #9.
 

Beckster, I'll miss your recaps so much. They always have that truly twisted point of view. Please come back to us when a better TN is on screen.
Thanks to all the other recappers, as well. So many little subplots clogging up the main line of this story (it may not be worthy of being called a story, just an endless conglomeration). I'm glad Tio Elf came back to lay down the law, since Coyote is missing in action for now.
Nic, have fun in Cozumel and return safely.
La Paloma
 

Awww, Beckster...we will miss you. Thanks for the Mother of All Recrapss.
Okay now, Surgery Baby was adopted by Jimena and Oscar, and now Sufria and Juan KNOW she is not their bio-baby. So why is Jimena hanging around the waiting room like a bored bystander?
By the way, what's up with the bloodless surgery? The surgeons were digging around doing heart surgery, and their gloves stayed lily white. Kinda like Juan's magic jungle shirt.
"Creemelo"
 

Great recap, as usual. I'll definitely miss your special brand of snark.

I noticed that the doctor doing the operation was Don Justo from Pasion (Camila's father). At one point in that show his face was a little off from a stroke his character suffered, but then recovered from. It might have been my imagination, but last night his mustache looked crooked.

I was also surprised that Ricardo immediately agreed to help Root get revenge, instead of just saying "that was years ago, you should let it go". But Ricardo is definitely not your average Dad.

And I couldn't believe that Crabi showed up outside Gramps' door right after they shut it, and that she could hear right thru. But didn't she already know Ricardo killed Juan's parents? Oh well, better not ask.
 

Nic, if you make a side trip to Chichen Itza from Cozumel, you can also visit Uxmal which is a very short distance away. Actually, the pyramids there are greater in number and there is one huge impressive one. Have fun and be safe. GinCA
 

I think (Much, Much) Younger Ruth misunderstood the situation and thought that Sofia put that boy up to dancing with Ruth as a joke.

You'd think Ruth would know Sofia better than that, since presumably Sofi the Sweet would never conspire with mean girls.

So, Root's an idiot. Big surprise. It really is a crazy reason to carry a grudge for 15, (looks more like 30) years!
 

I think what Gabi was surprised at was not that Ricardo killed Juan's parents, but that Grandpa and Santa figured it out.

I thought the doctor looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. I tell you, you can really confuse me by changing someone's hair!
 

There must be a telenovela law of the universe. If two of the characters figure out something important that might do some good (Abuelo and Santa), the villain will be listening (outside the door, behind a curtain, crouched on a ledge outside a window) so that the good deed and/or plot progression will be foiled.
 

"
By the way, apparently TV y Novelas magazine picked the top 10 of the year: Pasión was #1 and FELS #9."

Novelera Can you post the entire list? Thanks.
I'm glad Pasion was #1. i'm a history buff and thast was my first TN. I thought Fuego would be #1 considering how popular it was in Mexico that they supposedly extended it......

Hombre, I was just going to post now that the Heart Specialist was Camila's dad from Pasion. BTW isn't Nestor who is Leonora's dad also a heart specialist? He was nowhere to be seen.

It's kind of sad seeing Don Clemente mourning Julianna while standing over her empty bed... I guess they won't show a funeral scene.

Now that Unibrow baby is out of surgery, i hope that they will be more realistic and not have her running around with the other kids. It takes a while to recover from heart surgery...

Is it my imagination or Tio Vicente seems taller now? He is almost as tall as Franco. I could have sworn he was smaller like 5'5"

Anyway, since there is a best TN list for the year. I wonder if there were Novelas so bad that they were cancelled and not finished. No way to tie up loose ends. I guess they could cout to the chase and make those like mini series instead of Maxi series like they do with other novelas here. The us shows are different. It's open ended no need to tie loose ends with a few exceptions. Very few shows....


Ibarramedia
 

I am sad that you will no longer be recapping, Beckster. I love your clever sense of humor , and it's always a treat to read your unique take on the novela. But all good things come to an end , and this recap was a great swan song. As a tribute, I took some notes of my favorite oneliners ~~~ 1] ''Ximena just seems to have two emotions: I am catatonic but can talk, and I am just catatonic. '' 2] ''Root gives him the universal ''Call me'' look.'' 3] Some little tool named Antonio who was just waiting to get fat.''... and my favorites 4] ''I just can't pay attention to these people unless there is a chance they are going to kill someone, have sex, or commit a crime. and finally 5] ''Just make it stop.'' Your humor is wonderful. You really should be a professional comedy writer. Now, I wasn't far from the mark when I suggested that Root's gripe with Sofia centered around Sophia borrowing Root's lipgloss and the quarterback and not returning either. In fact, it was even lamer than my premise. Pleeease...a sixth grade dance ....a bad gown...pubescent Antonio...some mean girls ...I want everyone to think back to the sixth grade and name the person who wronged you. Sixth grade is hell...we were all wronged in the sixth grade. My nemesis was Rosie W. My beau had just given me an ID bracelet , and then , I found him out on the jungle gym putting the moves on Rosie who had plenty of beaus and didn't really need David . He told me at the last class reunion that he still has the bracelet and wanted to give it to me. He claims that I threw it out our second story classroom window . I don't remember that part of the story. However, I have forgiven Rosie. I see her at the reunions , too. She's prettier than ever ,looks about 10 yeaers younger than she is, and has been married 6 times. Root , time marches on....so should you. Thanks, Beckster , for sharing your talents with us here. The rest of Fuego won't be the same with out you recapping.
 

I didn't notice his height last night, but Tio Vicente is short.

Since I didn't see, is it possible (when he looked taller) that the person he was talking to was sitting down or leaning against something to be shorter?

Sometimes they also have to cheat with heights if it's necessary to include many people in a tight shot.

As for cutting shows short... I don't know if it's true or not, but during Pasion, a commenter claimed that its run was shortened due to bad ratings. Again - NOT SURE IF TRUE. However, that would certainly explain the disconcertingly tight editing. For example, someone would say something and then in the very next shot he's somewhere else - not even an establishing shot in between to show the person crossing the street, or the outside of the building, to signal the location change.
 

It sure is funny that Crabi could hear Abuelo talking with Santa through the door but no one could hear Feo and Root doing the wild thing. :P
 

Belated gracias to Nickster for yesterday's ultra-fine recrap & a sad thank you to Beckster for her last. I hope you'll be back when the quality level of the 9:00 TN goes higher. It can't possibly get worse, can it?

So Root's problem goes back to an 8th grade dance? How freakin' lame. Please, someone shoot the writers of this mess & put us out of our misery.

I'd kinda like to see Crabi shoot Feo when he's inflagrante delecto. I mean, really, he could go out with a double bang. Only fitting, since all he wants to do is bang anything that is faintly feminine & still breathing.

Glad to see Pasion at #1 (my favorite for history & hotness...what a combo) but #9 for FELS? Any idea how low the scale goes, because IMO, this stinker should be dead last.

BTW, snowing like crazy right now in Connecticut & I hope I can get home safely. ARGH!

Maggarita
:-/
 

Diana: Thanks. Carlos
 

Oh Beckster, you will be missed! You are such an awesome recapper. The mute donor idea had me dousing my keyboard in soda! Thanks!

Okay so Ruth was dumpy and frumpy and turned in to leather dominatrix? Really, WTF??? And instead of swearing to hate Sophia forever, why didn't she step out of the stall and lay some smack down on those little snots. That has got to be the stupidest grudge I have ever seen!!!

Why couldn't they get a red haired girl to be Sophie? Your hair doesn't turn red as you age. If you are a red head it will often darken to brown as you age. Jeez!

I did like the look Oscar gave Jimena when he walked away. If looks could kill. So much anger and contempt in one little eye roll and she so deserved it. Maybe she will do her faiting goat trick and stop speaking through the rest of this horror.
 

FELS is #9? What could be worse? Whatever it is, probably best to stay away from it like the plague. GinCA
 

I fancy myself as something of a cowboy and I've seen lots of cattle from Mexico. Those that I've seen are wild as jackrabbits. Rosendo should be ashamed of himself if he's responsible for that puny excuse for a barbed wire fence. I doubt that it would slow down an FFA steer, much less those Mexican cows, although the Elizondo cattle look more like some farmer's milk cows. Also, it's too bad that Juliana's dad couldn't get his hands on a bit of Cocolbosh, Juliana maay she rest in peace, might still be with us. Carlos
 

Beckster, I agree with everyone else - the magic that you weave will be sorely missed. But, I agree that something into which you invest so much time and effort must bring you joy.

You amaze even till the end. Among my favorites for today:

"Juan and Sofie bother the Virgin with more promises..."; "... those quick to respond eyes of Sofie's fill right up."; "Juan comes out with his shirt all open...Why, I have no idea other than a ratings ploy." I could go on and on.

Prinny
 

"Nickster has a good point Becky. You're abandoning your baby for the second time! "
Classic telenovela plot right here, on our own Caray!Caray! board. Mother abandons son, leaves with no forwarding address. Will she have FELS-induced amnesia, next? Will we see her driving a motorcycle with sidecar seat filled with Tio Vicente, trying to run over the rest of the cast, the producer, writers, and directors???

If FELS was #9, I wonder what was #10?

When a nighttime telenovela has awful ratings, it gets moved to daytime/afternoon viewing. At least that's what Looneyvision does. I don't know about Telerisa in Mexico.

doris
 

OK, here's the list from TV y Novelas magazine, according to an email from my friend, Sue, another telenovela addict.
1. Pasión
2. Victoria
3. Querida Enemiga
4. Doña Bárbara
5. Lola ... érase una vez
6. La Traición
7. Al Diablo con Los Guapos
8. Sin Senos No Hay Paraiso
9. Fuego en la Sangre
10. Palabra de Mujer

I saw or am currently seeing Pasión, Victoria, Doña Bárbara and FELS.
 

Btw, the heart specialist, Raymundo Capetillo had a significant role in El Manantial (IMHO the best telenovela of Carla Estrada and Adela). It was so good to see him again.
Oh, and Gilberto de Anda, aka Darth Vader featured in El Manantial. How small the world of telenovelas is. :-)

Pasión. Eww, here comes the minority opinion. I don't really like it. Of course the 1st place is righteous, because it has quality, beautiful setting, great cast, epic story, but I got bored to death of it.
Really don't know why, I'm in love with Colunga since 1997 (oh, Jose Armando), and after Entre el Amor y el Odio I grew deep respect for Susana González, so the main cast was perfect... And I'm a history sucker & and a big costume drama fan. In my eyes the three best telenovelas are Yo Compró Esa Mujer, Terra Nostra and El Manantial - two of them are period dramas. My all-time favorite series is Rome, and I'm not afraid of violence, rape, dirt and suffering (aka reality), so I don't know what my problem was. I'll give it a second chance.
I'm not into Amor Real neither, although my preciooouuusss :-) Bambi plays the heroine (the most irritating-weeping one I've ever seen in a telenovela...). Haven't seen Alborada yet but I'm afraid it'll be a disappointment, too.
 

"This is Root’s “I’ll never go hungrey again” moment."

:-))))
That flashback made my laugh hysterically. It's so lame.
Root is a good character, I mean at least her naughty attitude bring some fresh air in this show... She deserved a better excuse of her eterno odio for Sofie.
I like the actress, this Susana Zabaleta. She's not the most beautiful woman on Earth (euphemism) but seems to be a funny person.
 

Can anyone explain who Rosario belonged to??
 

Anon: I don't think any of us can explain it despite much speculation. I think the writers much know but they're not telling.
All: was the whole little Juliana subplot thrown in there just so Juan and Sufria would be forced to promise to love each other forever as they stood by her deathbed?
Jeez, that is so lame.
"Creemelo"
 

i was just wondering abou roserio because of the comment someone threw in when they mentioned sofia being evas and root be gabiella and Rosario was thrown in or something like that. Thgrsday when sofia was with the baby in the hospital, the baby was screaming and the doctors grabbing her. Wouldn't this be traumatizing for a child in later years, when they are used for programs like this. Being in the hospital, with strange people mauling her, hearing her family yelling and fighting all the time, etc.
 

I was wondering the same thing about the little kids - they're too young to understand pretending, and there are people yelling all around them. I don't know if it's harmful, but it cannot be good!

I was mostly joking when I mentioned Rosario before - I was thinking it would have been funny if there had been three babies - Ruth, Rosario (from wherever), and Sofia. But it's pretty clear now that there were only two babies to mix up, and Rosario wasn't one of them.

I don't know if we'll ever find out the truth about Rosario. Even if you buy Ofelia's explanation that some woman simply gave the child to her, there's still the question of why someone would give away a perfectly good child to a total stranger.

That whole storyline is probably dead now. But it would be nice if they came back to it and fixed it up.
 

Julie--maybe with her heavenly connections, Rosario can find out about her roots? And maybe she will thought bubble something to Fern the next time she drops in to haunt him.
It does leave one to wonder, tho', why they wasted a perfectly good character like Rosario if her life and death were not going to contribute to the plot.
"Creemelo"
 

I thought Rosario was the daughter of that somewhat portly singer who came to perform at the Bad Love Bar (or it's competitor?) for a while?

Did I miss something by only watching this program every 3 or 4 months? Darn.
 

Judyb~~~The singer thought Rosario was her daughter, but then she noticed that Rosario did not have the telltale birthmark on her foot, so she left town.
 

The way all these Mexidoonians lose their children and switch them back and forth in their cradles - there's at least one person in EVERY novela who is somebody else's child - they should all be micro-chipped at the hospital. It would save us months of telenovela anguish.
 

Goshdarnit...my "mind was at peace" about Rosario and now I'm going to be all roiled up again. Sure hope they answer this burning question by novela's end but they probably won't.

Oh well, she's in the "más allá" or whatever it is they call it, and has met her birth mother no doubt, or at least learned the whole truth. All questions answered.
 

whoever Maria Jose belongs to, she inherited some strong genes - I know kids are resilient, but lying in bed in her street clothes with no ventilators or pain IVs after open heart surgery? that's a pretty magical hospital. maybe a little brain surgery there could take the place of belief-suspension beanies!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder