Friday, December 05, 2008

Fuego 12-04-2008 'Antiquis temporibus'

The truth shall set you free…
I am a great believer in the truth, without the truth you are treading on quicksand. Sometimes people don’t like the truth, which if fine. Sometimes I don’t tell the truth as in “Does this make my butt look big?”. However, I try to be as truthful as possible when relating this recap. The truth is this, these are some of the most stupid persons to grace a tale. If stupidity could power cars, polar bears would elect Juan President of the Earth. Seriously, we spent the first two nights of this craptastic story, watching Bernardo make sweet Feb/Dec love to young mentally deficient Libia. (Feb/Dec as in not even in the same year). This was barely legal (I’m not actually sure if it would be legal, due to her age and her child like mental state, however I am not versed on the legalities so we will just stick with bad form). Since that time we have endured the same drawn out, overplayed hand. The only thing that has changed is somewhere along the dull endless path, Sofie popped a kid out, Juan went on a sabbatical to visit Indians, who thought he was smart, how sad is that?

Should this be recapped as a lovely tale of star-crossed love, yearning, angst and hope. Nope that was Romeo and Juliet, or maybe Hamlet (see if Sofie is Hamlet & Fer is the Uncle), anyway this is just mindless dribble that goes nowhere until the Gran Fin, which will be presented as a huge happy event and everyone will live happily ever after (as if…these people will still be stupid and fall pray to the next Huckster that comes along).

Okay we start with Juan Dear checking out the new John Deere, he and Oscar are all shades of excited about it. Me too. Next thing you know, these wild Amish boys will be experimenting with zippers, blast those buttons. Pad Tad comes along with a handy bottle of holy water, yes indeed what will protect the small glen from evil? Holy water! Studies show nothing puts a psychotic rapists killer like Fer in his place quite like a good sprinkling of Holy water. Well the tractor and the Reyes have had a through soaking of "Pad Tad's Holy Water" available at the Girl's Craptastic Shop of Unwanted items, right next to the St. Candles and Candles to help you win the lottery.

Meanwhile, Gabi has threatened to throw the daughters into the street. This poses quite a problem…hey kids what is three squared? Yes, I mean squared as in math, not in the backward, hick mannerisms of this backwoods tribe. That’s right, three hijas, + three munchkins, + three “Will work for time off in Purgatory” Catholic Sisters. Egads, they are like a freaking battalion.

Abuelo comes to the rescue, he along with his new main-squeeze lay down the law to Gabi. He will sell his portion of the land. Pa’s new amante chimes in. She says Pa & she are getting married. Gabi is furious.
I saw this very same thing this morning on “Casos de Familia”, except the people are Cuban and they all talk really fast and the unlike Jerry Springer, the hostess gets all up in their business. All I can say is at least Gramps hasn’t impregnated his amante yet.

Don What the Hell’s his name? comes over to chat up the Reyes. You know rich guy with white hair, low forhead & three buxom hormonal daughters or nieces. Wait I think his name is Don Clemente, oh well anyway…it is his daughter’s birthday and she’d like a big heaping helping of Juan Reyes for her birthday.
I know I’d love it if Juan came to my birthday party, in these trying economic time it would save the expense of a pinata. Hold me back cause I’m afraid if I ever once started I’d beat him to death.

Before setting off for the festivities Juan opens the magical trunk of unending Reyes trivia. He pulls out an awesome family crest. OMG, where did that come from? What else is hiding in the box of treasures? I realize that most of you saw the crest, but were unable to read the family motto. Thus after much research and using techniques for enhancing images (sorry this is normally only available to persons with a connection to the CIA) I was able to isolate the family motto. Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem - In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags. How fitting, perhaps the early Reyes noted the Mal effects of interbreeding.
Anyway, Juan pulls down a piece of Craptastic décor and hangs the Reyes Family Crest.

Over at Party Central, the three girls, Julianna (the one who wants to get jiggy with Juan) & Ellie Mae (that being the buxom blonde with way too much make-up) & Latina (I don’t know her name) set out incredible plates of Keebler Club Crackers and cheese spread, plates of lunch meat and other party favorites. Ellie Mae & Latina start teasing Julianna about Juan. Julianna is quite smitten with Juan and she doesn’t care about Sofie, there is nothing between Juan and Sofie (yeah, if you can over look that litter of ninas). Suddenly Julianna looks weak and clutches her stomach. Is she succumbing to that constipated look that freezes the face of everyone who encounters the Reyes clan? No it is only the gut wrenching excitement of Juan the Ulimate Hombre. I sure young JuliAnna is worried about seeming trite or uneducated in the presence of a thinker like Juan.

Now having been a TeleNovela viewer for awhile now, audience stiffen your spines..this girl is living on borrowed time. Anytime you see a scene like that, time to tie up loose ends.

Now we see the tumor head guy, his Ma & his wife. They are reading a letter from his brother. Seems the brother is doing quite well and his Natalie or whatever her name was pregnant.

Now off to the clinic, tumor guy and his wife are concerned that she has not yet become pregnant. Meanwhile some Catholic Sister comes in and gives Doc the results for the Reyes Litter. The Doc reads them and gets a concerned look on his face about one of the Reyes daughters. Can she make her last will and testament in crayon?

Hey jail Dude is out, the one who did time for not killing Ber. So to make a side story short. Padre hires him to help out around the church.

Meanwhile the fiesta is going great, lots of people…eating drinking, having fun. The girls are distressed cause you can’t have an a party of rich landowners without the Kings. Kings, Reyes…get it?
We hear a “Bueno” “Tardes”, see Juan said Bueno & Oscar said Tardes. These guys are so cute, I want to coat them in silver and put them on a charm bracelet. JuliAnna is thrilled beyond belief. She literally wraps herself around Juan. Ellie & Latina proceed to make an Oscar sandwich. Some mention is made of Franco, but beats the hell out of me, where he was. These girls are all just up on it with Juan & Oscar. I just don’t get it. I mean I see other guys there, what is it with the Reyes boys. I mean have all women had some kind of GPS homing device implanted in their nether regions and it points to the Reyes missile?

Okay Doc Doom visits Sofie and gives her the bad news that one of the unrelated triplets has a heart birth defect. Yeah and you thought it was going to be a brain defect. Anyway, I don’t know what the deal is except something will happen before the kid turns two and she may have to have an operation. Sofie of the tear filled doe eyes, tells her sisters and takes off to tell Juan.

She tells Quitana who spills the news that Juan is off, rubbing bodies with someone else, dancing. Have you ever heard of such a thing. Dancing in the broad daylight. Sofie gets that normal Sofie, “God give me strength” look, with her little pink chapped lips and teary doe eyes. She decides to go home rather than seek Juan during his dance fever.

Okay back at the fiesta, Julianna is rubbing all over Juan and trying to get him to dance, he is rather stoic. Suddenly JuliAnna faints, I don’t know if it is her mysterious condition or perhaps a short circuit in her homing device.

Sofie marches into Gabes bedroom as Gabi is painting another one of her psycho everything is black paintings, Sofie tells her one of the kids is sick and she is not leaving, nor or her sisters. She must defend her children and she will fight every step of the way.

Don Clemente confides to Juan that Julianna has been struck by Leukemia, the all encompassing disease that strikes each one of this TeleNovela’s producers storylines…lest we forget La Madestra or Mundo de Fieras? “Juan Cristobel es muy grave”. Pa Clemente days Julianna doesn’t know (maybe she just thinks she is clumsy) and he doesn’t want her to know so her remaining time will be happy. This leads me to believe that she has had no treatment. Probably not the best defense. He wants Juan to help make her happy. Read into this what you will.

Okay I think some time passed as we got to see the always full moon.

Padre Tad is in the church praying. Suddenly he senses the aura of evil. Yep, Fer is home. He comes in and starts hinting around to the Padre. He does a kind of informal confession. Yep he confesses he killed Armando, Dr. Gomez & Ros. He counts them on his fingers. Geez, if he kills anymore he is going to have to start wearing sandels. Of course during all this we hear very dramatic snake rattling. Tad calls him animal of the devil, snake, says he will never get forgiveness. You know the normal things that really make a crazed serial killer rethink their actions. The light on Fer’s face turns the usual red, in case we are sure that Fer is Satan. (This may offend some people, but like I care? Here goes, I get that to be a priest you have to have faith, but no Fer isn’t Satan, I mean give credit where credit is due, like Satan would marry Gabi? Fer is just a bully who gets away with it because he is allowed to. The good and well meaning Padre now knows each and everyone of Fer’s murders and rapes, and all he is going to do is pray on it). Meanwhile he has allowed three toddler girls to live in that house, does “Come to Grandpa” not send a chill up your spine? Fer touches Tad on the chest and Tad has to run into the other sanctuary to have some one on one time with Mary & Jesus. I wonder why Fer didn’t mention he also was boning Raquel? Maybe if you are married to Gabi that isn’t a sin.

Juan is harassing Quintana cause of Sofie stopping by while he was doing his Night Fever act. Eva comes in and tells him the kid is sick.

Juan goes to see Sofie, she is going over the books. The maid can’t let Juan in, he is banished from the house, yet again. Sofie comes out and she is looking all shades of festive, I believe she must be concerned about her womanly charms as it appears she has one of those waist slimmers around her waist, right over her sensible white blouse and long prairie skirt. Here’s a thought, get up off your buttocks and move around a little sister, take care of those three kids you wanted so bad. Anyway, Juan queries the health of the child. Sofie is in full bitch mode, she doesn’t need Juan, she can do just fine by herself. He was off at a dance..a dance can you believe it? Rather than sitting around waiting for Sofie the annoying to summon him. Gawd I hate Sofie, she just screams pious, self reliant, yeah I’d be self reliant too if I had a Rent A Nun. Gabi comes out and starts in, Sofie to make her point grabs Gabi’s arm and says that Sofie does not need Juan for anything, she has her loving family. Good Sofie, Good cause there are other GPS’s tracking that missile. Juan finally gives up and leaves. Gabi kisses Sofie on the cheek.

Elsewhere in the field of dreams, the other two annoying sisters are telling Oscar & Franco, that the boys are dead to them. They are so not needed. You know Jimena creeps me out, she allows has that vacant unblinking look, I can’t tell if she is going catatonic or if she is just stupid.

Once again this episode was lacking a barely clad bathroom scene between adult males, I just can’t understand it, cause nothing says Mexico like men in their forties (well Franco is younger) wearing tighty whitey’s and towel snapping. You know what would be really awesome? Maybe if they put a full Marachi band in the bathroom with them and then they all sang while snapping the towel. Really I don’t understand it? There is a Cable channel in Canada that shows a lot of shows like that, it is called the Outtv channel. Huh go figure?

Now tomorrow, Fer is back, Juan walks into the Dorm and Ruth is back and in bed with a sheet barely covering her, Juan just stares…who knows maybe Sofie left her clothes on. Yeah like that would be a stretch.

Also either Paladin has come to Mexidoon or it is Ricardo Uribe, we see black boots & black pants. After walking for two years Ricky is home.

Labels:


Comments:
Loved the heat-seeking missile image and you're wanting to coat the Reyes boys with silver and hang them on a charm bracelet. Too funny.

Not watching any longer but looking forward to hearing about more outrage from Ruthless. She breathes a little life into this one.

Listened to the theme song again and honestly, I love the guitars and the singing. Maybe you and Nickster hate it because it's associated with this loathsome show, no?

Awright...I give in...we just have different taste in music.
 

Beckster, brilliant as usual. And a Latiin scholar to boot. Gracias! How many nights in a row can the moon stay full?

You'd think that a new tractor would come with some tread on the tires. Where did they haul in that tired piece of machinery from? I guess the prop guys spent so much on the canapés that the budget only had enough left for a can of John Deere Green spray paint.

JudyB, I'm jealous that you have shaken loose from this. I am so on the verge.

Trolls beware! We love to mock and this is our place to do it!
 

Beckster: Breathtaking brillian recap.

I don't know why I keep watching this. It's like I'm doing it like I've done so many other things - you have to finish what you start.

Oh, no, not another month of recriminations from Sofi. She looked a little puzzled when Gabi actually touched her and paid her a compliment. You get a medal at the Elizondo mansion if you insult a Reyes. Anyway, it doesn't take much to put Juan in his place since he doesn't know where it is.

The sick sister with lukemia - come on. This must be Juan's opportunity to do community service or charity work. He's a man of conscience so the road he's on now will take him to sick sister. Daddy just made him an offer he won't be able to refuse. Oh, help!
 

Absolutely hysterical, I laughed out loud several times and I really really need the laughs right now, believe you me, things are not so Mexidoonish here at my house these days, anyway, you made my morning.

I think it's always leukemia because all the person has to do is get pale and wan, not a lot of makeup etc.

I can't watch any more. I turn to it occasionally in cynical amazement that the same conversations exactly are repeated from a month ago, from two months ago, from a year and a half ago, how long has this show been going on? Egads! Let's let Furd knock them all off and be done with it!
 

Thanks for the excellent snarky recap, beckster.

"Egads! Let's let Furd knock them all off and be done with it!"
I totally agree! I'm sick of this tontería and may bail out. Tontas is looking good.

doris
 

Beckster: Excellent recap and great fun to read.

I'm completely with you on the Fr. Tadeo failure to speak out about Fernando. As a Catholic, I understand the sanctity of the confessional, but mass murder, rape and mayhem are vastly different from the usual confessional fare. His failure to expose Fernando has had catastrophic consequences with unfortunately, more to come. Diana in MA.
 

When I was little, we lived way out of town on a dirt road surrounded by scary dark woods and acres of fields that produced nothing. My mother was insane (not just a figure of speech, unfortunately) and in her mania produced way too many children. My father was a mad scientist. We were dressed in funny clothes and didn't know anyone in the town. Oh, and we were Catholic; no offense to anyone. Just the facts.

Wouldn't one suppose that I would be particularly well-suited to understand a shred of what is going on in this telenovela? Nuh-uh—this is way too weird for words.

There were certain comic strips in the sunday funnies that I had a perverse attraction to—hated them, hated the characters, the story lines, the graphics, everything—but I had to get my dose. I'm jealous of all you who have bailed. But somebody has got to watch it
 

Agnes, you are so devoted! It's for you and other noble sufferers that we labor!
 

I like watching it too but I haven't been able to for the last couple of weeks. It's such a train wreck but you have to watch! :-)
 

Agnes, you aren't alone. I've seen almost every episode. Having watched at least 140 episodes so far, I'm realizing I'll have spent at least a week of my life on this show before it's through. I'm way too invested to leave now :) Diana in MA.
 

Ah, mama, this recap's comedy was only surpassed by it's inspiration and insight; I will never look at a polar bear the same way. Now if only the trolls could capture this "evilness" and "cynicism" in a small bottle and channel its energy into something good, like pine cone wreaths or doillys... ;-)
 

Know what I love best about this novela? The Friday recaps. I laugh out loud, I love your wit and the only reason I'll miss this novela is Beckster's recaps.
 

I think of this show as a toxic spill, and we recappers and "fans" are mops.

I know it doesn't make sense, but that doesn't really matter when you're talking about FELS.

Good work, Beckster. You killed that episode dead.

As for the Padre - I just don't see how confessional confidentiality applies, even in spirit or as a technicality. This (and the last time, when he confessed to causing Bernardo's death) was only a brag, not a confession. He's not sorry. Tadeo didn't even agree to hear his confession in the first place. LAME!

Did Nabor witness the "confession"? It looked like he was hiding behind some furniture or something - or was that in a different room? (I was on the phone at the time - an actual meeting, yes a 9 pm meeting.)
 

"You killed that episode dead." HAH!!
 

Oh, and about Juliana and her leukemia. I don't know much about parenting, but if I were Don Clemente I think I'd spend more time pimpin' for bone marrow and less time trying to find her a boyfriend. What is he thinking? Any decent boyfriend would miss her when she's gone. Why do that to someone?

Oh, also, and again I realize that it's uncool for childless people to give parenting advice, but I think that Juliana is old enough to know that she has a deadly disease. She might want to spend her final days doing something other than chasing a boy who doesn't like her. She might want to go on a trip, write her memoirs, or get chemo, for example.
 

Beckster~~~You have outdone yourself. Thanks so the laughs. Oddly, I was also thinking Juan bought a ''Juan Deere'' when I watched PadTad blessing the tractor. [We were Protestants, so my dad's tractors were unblessed and so he spent a lot of time repairing them. Luckily, besides being a farmer, he was also a machinist/toolmaker.] At least , something happened in this episode...Juan and Oscar went to the dance, the father told Juan his new fan was sick, Ferd returned [I fell asleep and missed that part]. Is it just my TV set, or is Pad Tad's hair suddenly darker??? He was pretty gray , and now it's like Clairol # 59 , Hershey Kiss Brunette. I especially liked your theory of the homing device and those heatseeking Reyes missiles. And, thanks for the Latin...that was a walk down memory Lane for me. Adeste Fidelis is all I remember from 2 years of high school Latin taught by Miss Grace Moore.
 

I meant she's old enough to know as in she's old enough to be told. Not old enough to diagnose herself (though seriously, she really should be suspicious). Just in case that was unclear. :)
 

I think part of the grating from this show comes from Sofie, please she has like two expressions..pained and more pained. Geez what a joyless nag. It is always something.
All characters in this are sub-standard, Tad is a substandard priest, the sisters are substandard, the villians are substandard (even though they try really hard), everything is trite and cliche.
 

Julie, not to drag out the whole troll thing, but I was wondering if Cindybin is an actual person with actual feelings? Is her little profile actually her?
 

How kind you are, melinama: "devoted" I'll have to remember that. Actually, de-mented was more what I had in mind.

And yes, it seems Pad Tad has been hitting the bottle of Clairol. You know, I was once thought EY had a certain neanderthal (or is it Cro-Magnon?) appeal, as in Destilando, and for a big guy, he sure could wear a suit nicely, but after this? Don't these actors care what happens in their careers?
 

I really thought I could continue watching this show, but now they have leukemia and a congenital heart defect (and Rigo's possible sterility) in one episode? It's like when I watch Don Francisco - they have music, contests, comedy, and then they bring out the sad story where the guy hasn't seen his mother in 42 years (and he's only 38). Ya basta!

But I will watch, because Ruth is finally back, and also we finally get to see Ricardo (he better be worth it).
 

Well, Ruth was worth the wait, so I'm thinking Ricardo will be fun too. I don't see any flaws in my logic. :)

Still, I'm mostly living for those Coyote scenes!
 

Funny, funny Beckster. Sofia is the worst heroine ever..constantly sobbing and especially irritating for denying a father the right to see his own (?) sick child. Why couldn't she spend extra bucks for a DNA test just in case she needed the results to keep the Hacienda which she'll need as a home for the brood and her worthless sisters. Is the curly haired kid Sofia's as she seems to favor her by carrying her all the time. Pad Tad is just like Brad Pitt in his new movie. He seems to be aging backwards...noticed his hair was darker too. Thought Feo might kiss Pad Tad as he is was sooo close to his face. I'll hang in there with this mess til the end as I've come this far and Ruth and Ricardo are on the horizon. G in CA.
 

I guess I'm lucky that I only started watching a couple of months ago. Otherwise, I can see where I might have had to bail. This is like a bad investment that you keep hoping is going to turn around. But knowing there are others out there suffering and mocking makes it bearable - even fun!

Don Clemente must have gone to the same support group for parents of dying grown-up children as Hortensia, where the main advice was to force someone who doesn't love them to marry them out of pity before they die. As we've seen, though, Rigo didn't die, so watch out, Juan! Don't be a do-gooder!

By the way, I love the theme song. I think it was the song that pulled me to begin with and some nights it's the only thing that keeps me watching!
 

Serdan being what it is, maybe the doctor should ask Eugenia and Rigo if they know what they're supposed to do to make a baby. I mean, for a long while there, she could barely bring herself to kiss him. Maybe they've neglected some other activities too. ;)
 

Will some nice person post this epi on the sidebar? Thank you.
 

'Tis done.
 

Good to see Nabor Released from prison. Now go and do a good deed and work as an acolyte for Padre Tadeo. I'm sure he had some sort of influence in the early release after 2 and a half years behind bars.

Sofia does tend to spend a lot of time with unibrow baby...

Rigo is sterile and he and Eugenia can't have a baby. They might adopt someone's unwanted offspring.

Yul Bryner the coyote might be up to something with regards to Sofia. Where is his posse? Working solo lately....

How tragic. Julianna has Leukemia. Not good. Not good at all. What is the name of that actress playing Julianna and the blonde?

Ah, Juan just get it on with Ruth. Glad to know Root is back btw. Juan has Sofia,Leonora,Julianna and Root. You da man.

At long last the entry of Ricardo Uribe as Raquel and Gabriela watch... This should be good.

Ibarramedia
 

The reason I hate the song..
Well cause it is everywhere. Everytime there is a special emotional moment we get the song, so we know it is important.

I actually just looked at the lyrics, yes they just scream "Drama" forever.

Yes, I never saw Love Story and hate the song to this day. I hate cheesy crap that is canned emotion. I guess each time we hear the Romantic Song we are supposed to think of Sofie & Juan's tragic tale of love. Instead I just think of Sofie and Juan's stupidity and the fact that some people frown upon forced sterility.
 

"tumor head guy" my favorite character new name so far! The diet coke on the keyboard was worth it!

SusanLynn, I noticed PadTad is hitting the bottle. Really, I liked his silver hair. Maybe he was going into production on something else right after so they had to start covering it up. Or maybe it is a Dorian Gray thing and if he isn't nice to Feo, whom he thinks is Satan, it will change back.

Agnes in NJ...re careers, if you saw EY in All You've Got, you'd know the answer is, I take the work I can get. Not that he was bad, it was an awful made for MTV film about volleyball.
 

Ibarramedia

Now that is what I'm talkin about..Juan just led down the path by Ruth the defiler. Granted it is kind of molesterier, but unlike Pablito who is also wondering what a naked woman looks like, Juan is above age. You know once Juan saw Paris (think Ruth), they'll never be able to keep the boy on the farm.
 

Sorry for any grammar errors in advance, English is not my native language (neither Spanish).

Agnes in NJ
"Don't these actors care what happens in their careers?"

I don't think they should be worried about their careers. FELS was a huge success in Mexico, now they're the biggest stars. (And I guess they're going to win muchos premios next year - after the success it's inevitable.)

Last week I checked the last 50-something episodes, and I dare say the show got better. Maybe. A little bit. It's really cheeeesy, but at least 1. Bambi grew a new backbone, and 2. the wardrobe lady/stylist who regrettably deceased a long time ago finally resurrected (= Sobfía wore better dresses. Colorful ones. Purple. Dios mío, even pink. :-))

And thanks for the recap!
"If stupidity could power cars, polar bears would elect Juan President of the Earth." - the phrase of the week. :-)
 

Aribeth, welcome. You may not know, but I have a "no spoilers" policy here. Your spoilers are very mild, so I'm not deleting them - but be careful not to spill any more beans!
 

Hi, Melinama! I found this site through your blog. As a hopeless telenovela-sucker I express my gratitude for founding it. :-)

Yes, I'll be careful with spoilers... I was hesitating whether posting them or not, but I think I didn't say much. And I won't, I promise. :-)
 

Wow! Beckster you outdid yourself! Too many tortured funnys to mention!
Why isn't someone selling Sufria pinatas online so we can whack away with a big stick when we get frustrated with this show.
Since we have to watch it anyway, I mean.
"Creemelo"
 

Thanks Aribeth, Now I know why I keep watching. I've heard this before, that FELS is so very popular in Mex. I swear, I'll scratch my head bald before I figure it out. On your recommendation (spoilers notwithstanding) I'll hang in there. By the way, what is your native language (if you don't mind—I'm curious)?
 

Beckster, you rock. Absolutely screamingly funny recrap!

I thought I'd throw up when Crabi changed her tune with Sofía saying the hermanas could stay. Special Ed Sofía can't connect the dots that maybe it's because Mama fears a DNA test and gives Evil Crabi a warm squeeze.
 

Agnes in NJ
"I've heard this before, that FELS is so very popular in Mex. I swear, I'll scratch my head bald before I figure it out."

You're right, it's a mistery. The story's very simple and ridiculous. Full of stereotypes. The characters are one-dimensional. The conflicts and emotions are exaggerated. It's very surreal:
1. Libia and her old lover (freaking)
2. the three brothers still sleep in the same room
3. they're the best hunks in town but they're virgins
4. they can bake, sing and construct (renaissance men)
5. there are three educated heroines whose common IQ is lesser than 80
6. we've got an ultimate villain, who's liable for every crime in town
7. Juan's always semi-nude (and Oscar's worse, I'll never forget his little panties :-))
8. Sofía's an Alfonsina 2.0 (but lesser brain and worse wardrobe), and cries more than she did in El Manantial and Amor Real and María Isabel and EPDA and... I like Bambi, she's one of the best TN-queens but I'm tired of her constant sobbing.
9. the protagonists are 30/48 years old but they play young adult - who act like teenagers
(It's your fault! No, it's yours! Yours! No, yours!, or Te amo, te amo con toda mi alma, con todo mi corazón... but we must split up, 'cause I don't like your daddy...)
10. Has anyone learned about DNA? And the normal criminal process? Hygiene?

And so on. :-)

Some kind of expert said me the main reason of its success was the powerful mexican tone. The music, the rural setting, the mariachis, et cetera.
I cannot read the Mexican viewers's mind. All I can say that Mejía did his job very well. FELS is an incredibly crazy show (even by standards of the telenovelas) but it's addicting. I love the cast (especially Mr. Beautiful Big Smile And Big Shoulders and his bros, Feo, Ruthless, Grampa, Sarita and Adela except the weeping), the three silly parejas, the music, and I always laugh my ass off at it's imbecility. So although I know it's bad, my subconscious is a big fan. Oh gosh, maybe I'm bipolar like Juan y su mujer. ;-)

off
I'm Hungarian.
 

Aribeth, your English is very good!

I like the rural setting and a few other things in this show, but I just cannot forgive loopy logic.

After this and Mundo de Fieras I've made a very solemn promise to never, ever watch another Mejía thing again. I don't care if it has Sendel, Colunga, Camil, even Kevin Bacon in it; I won't watch it.

But I just might read the recaps. :-)
 

Aribeth, if we ever do a cookbook for this novela, (based on all Juan's breads and cakes) can you sneak in some Hungarian pastry recipes please!!!
"Creemelo"
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder