Thursday, December 11, 2008

Las Tontas Wed. Dec 10 - Paula Pinch Hits!

Our recapper wrote: Pardon me folks but I fell ill yesterday afternoon and I'm leaving on a trip today and it was all I could do to finish up at work and go home and pack. I thought I'd watch thsi am but that didn't work out so I'll probably have to post gradually as time permits today from Youtube. I wanted to give you a place to comment, and anyone can feel free to post details as they wish. Thanks for your patience as always!!!

Then Paula sent us this, thanks Paula!

"The Wind Blows Them Off; The Wind Blows Them Away."

At Meño’s house, Candy admits that she feels very alone.

Pat arrives home late. Alicia implies that he’s cheating on her. He blows her off and goes to his room to be alone, like always. He can’t stop thinking about Candy.

Santiago tells Donato not to worry; he won’t get fired. But one question. (Puts the squeeze on him.) “When MY GIRLFRIEND undressed, did you look at her?” Donato asks, “Do you want me to lie?”

Santiago find’s Marissa’s note on his mirror, “Why are you with me?” That’s exactly what he’s wondering, himself.

In Santiago’s office, Ed repeats Marissa’s question while he plays with the pink lighter last night’s hottie gave him. Santi’s trying to decide whether to stay with Mar. She was fine until Candy came into my life. Marissa’s pretty, she’s good in bed, and I like watching movies with her. She’s part-owner of my business, she‘s his good friend‘s sister, and Rocío likes her. Ed asks how Santi can turn his back on all that. Because his heart is complaining.

And why, Santi asks, does Ed stay with Chayo? Because he loves her, he loves everything about her. He cheats on her because it‘s exciting and he’s weak. Pobrecito! Santi remembers when his life was happy, with Paulina. She was perfect, our marriage was happy, my life was happy, and now I’m abandoned.

Isabela charges in and chews out Santiago for putting his girlfriend into the butler’s bed - Pervert! Santiago tries to look contrite instead of laughing. Meanwhile Marissa is telling her brother how angry she is about Donato in Santiago’s bed.

In his office, Pat admits to his buddy that he never loved Alicia. Candy is the only one he ever loved, so he married a substitute.

Sven and Ole beg Candy to forgive them for making her undress. Remember, that was what revealed to Santiago that she was the bride who died. A food fight ensues.

Marissa comes home and finds Santiago’s note on her mirror. “I’m with you because ‘me hace bien’.” Does that mean, “it makes me good”?

Santiago goes to Candy’s house, ready to collect his blackmail. She tells him he can shove his picture, and she’s not going to bed with him. He laughs at her because she’s the one with the dirty mind, interpreting every word as sexual. All he wanted for blackmail was a chance to spend a special day with her, to go someplace and forget all their friction, and get to know each other without all the fighting. To give their interaction - knowing each other - a fresh start.

Sven is trying to pick up a waitress, so she bites him. (I guess Candy isn’t the only abusive woman in this show.) Charlie comes in looking for his dad. Meño is stunned and drops a pan of spaghetti on his jacket (who would put a pan of spaghetti on a high shelf in the dining room?). Yo soy tu padre.

Santiago’s car breaks down. Candy accuses him again of trying to take advantage of her. He accuses her again of having a sick mind.

Pat goes back to talk to Soledad. He has decided to order a paternity test. Beto joins them, and Patricio is touched, seeing him. You can see Pat’s change in attitude about Soledad’s claim.

Charly and Meño talk. Papa is moved to actually be talking to his son, but their conversation is bumpy. Charly’s first question: “Why did you abandon me? Did you want to erase me from your life?” Meño insists Charly is important to him, but he dodges Charly’s questions.

Soledad found the pink lighter in Ed’s pocket, and she has her suspicions. She tries to ask him about his salary, but he only listens to the soccer game.

THEME: Nobody loves anybody! Santiago stays with Mar because she’s convenient but he doesn‘t love her; Ed says he loves Chayo but he won’t give up his hotties, Patricio married Alicia but never loved her. Wait a minute! More specifically, the MEN don’t love their women, because all men are pigs and all women love sincerely, so they suffer because of the pig-men. Isn’t that the man-haters’ creed?

At Chapala, a lake outside Guadalajara, Santiago tells Candy to close her eyes and listen to what the wind says. “Santiago likes you a lot.” Santiago confirms - that wind is very wise. He’s quite pleased with himself, and for once Candy is charmed. So charmed that she’s asking for more. As Santiago teaches Candy about the sunset, she asks what the sun says.

Never one to disappoint a woman asking for more, Santiago says that when the sun speaks, we have to obey or it will stop moving and be the end of all mankind. With a responsibility like that on her shoulders, Candy agrees to cooperate. The wind says “beso.” She gives him a peck. He says, you call that a kiss?! Then he shows her what a kiss is supposed to be like, and don’t we all agree? As Judy described it, “he lays some world-class as only Jaime Camil can do it kisses on her, ending with the classic hands tenderly wrapped around her face. His hands are awesome...and he uses them well.”

He asks, “Did you like the kiss,” but she changes the subject. He says he’s not leaving until she answers, so she says, “El que calla otorga” - silence indicates consent. Don’t you just love the full-body smile? She admits that it has been a very special day, and he reminds her that she is addressing him as “tu” (tutear). He thanks her for enabling the sun to set and night to return, because every night he thinks about her.

Beto is angry at Soledad for having a male friend. Women can only have amigas.

Pat is angry at Ali because he found her birth control pills. They had agreed to try to have children as God sends them. She claims the doctor prescribed them because she has “female problems,” but he says she’s lying.

Meño asks Chava his opinion of Charly. Chava listens to Charly’s heart and proclaims him good, because Chava can tell who is good and bad from listening to their heartbeat. Santiago brings Candy home, and Chava listens to his heart too. Chava proclaims, “Tu novio tambien es bueno.” Candy doesn’t know what to say, and Santi wants to slip the kid a fiver.

In contrast, at Santiago’s house, Marissa is manipulating Rocío to be in favor of papa marrying her. Santiago hears it and pulls Roc out of her clutches. He and Marissa exchange discreet insults, and Mar suggests he put Rocío to bed so they can go out and have fun. Santi would rather spend the time with Roc, but if Marissa wants to wait until later.. Mar bluffs - if you’re not eager to be with me, I’ll just leave now. Santiago is as delighted as Rocío at that. Bye, bye, Magpie!

Meño asks Candy to give him macho lessons. First lesson - no mariposas - butterflies, or fluttery gestures.

Santiago is lying in bed, remembering the day, remembering his tender moments with Candy in recent weeks (and her countless rejections), and singing Nadie se va a marchar. He concludes, “I think I’m in love.” (Would anybody catch the reference if I said, “I’m sleeping. I’m right in the middle of a good dream. When all at once I wake up…”?) By the way, although I like Camil’s singing just fine, I really dislike most of his songs. This one I really like, and two others.

Santiago calls Paulina to urge her to send even a short note to her daughter. She blows him off once again, so he forges a mommy-note, assuring Rocío that mama loves her.

In Santiago’s office, Marissa calls and he blows her off, but he doesn’t hang up the phone properly, so she hears him telling Ed that he wants to break up with her but doesn’t want to hurt her. She ponders, “I want to keep you forever. I could get pregnant. But what will I hold back, for your lie? Well, there’s the millions I’ve invested in your clinic..”

Thursday. Candy discovers that Santiago got bitten by a leech, and she’s done with him.
Pat’s dad throws a tantrum and catches a heart attack.
Permalink posted by Blogger Paula H : Thu Dec 11, 08:31:00 PM EST

Labels:


Comments:
So sorry, K. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Unfortunately, I didn't watch either, so I can't add anything.
 

I did not watch either... I'm just not getting into this show, sorry. :-(
 

You just take care of yourself. We appreciate all you do, and when you can't, you can't.
 

Kris, I'm running to a Dr appt, then have to send 200 bills for work.

After that, I can do a very condensed recap for you. It won't be Shakespeare, but it will cover the important stuff. No sense you getting sicker.

Readers: which scenes do you want detailed? I can't detail it all.

Running...
 

Wishing you and yours much love, peace, and happiness!
 

I don't remember anything too earth shattering last night. Paula, my vote would be for you to give it the proverbial lick and a promise.

Oh, yeah, and K owes you a beer.
 

I posted this to the board.
 

Trying to remember anything big. Charlie (Memo's son) left the DF to go to Guadalajara to find his father. He asked his mom some questions but she won't tell him anything. The kid gets to Memo's and says he is looking for his father and if I remember right Memo pretended not to be himself and then after talking to Candi we had a little of The Birdcage scene when she is helping walk like a man, not cross his legs the way he does and not to do that smoothing his eyebrow with little finger gesture.

The Pig met with Soledad and saw his son. He still refuses to accept what she is telling him but then remembers how he and Candi were going to have a big family. When he brings up the subject Alicia goes all no way Jose inside while playing along with him.

Santiago continues his fruitless pursuit of Candi and finally admits to himself that he might be in love. All of the little kids are having where is my mom or my dad moments making the adults uneasy.

The Pig's snob father arrivs in the office, thows a fit and collapses. Those stuck out in my mind but im still juggling around who is who in this cast of thousands.
 

What stuck out to me the most was the scene with Candi and Santi making out by the lake. Of course later she resumed her hard-to-get game.

I thought that Meño did tell Charlie that he was his father. However, he doesn't seem to want his son to know he is gay.
 

Santiago took Candy out by the lake and it was all pretty and romantic and there was some cute romantic kissing.
 

Yes, kissing at the lake with a flock of pelicans in the background. Pat's father was having a fissyfit at Pat about something , and then he keeled over. I'm trying hard to care about these people. Hope that you feel better soon.
 

Hope you're feeling better soon Kris, although airline travel always make me feel worse!

Call me shallow but all I remember from last night were those yummy kisses by the water.

She gives him a peck. He says, you call that a kiss?! Then he lays some world-class as only Jaime Camil can do it kisses on her, ending with the classic hands tenderly wrapped around her face. His hands are awesome...and he uses them well.

Some of the kisses were one-lipped, some two-lipped.

Anything else? Hmmm...not that I can remember. LOL Oh yeah, there was really tender romantic music playing while they kissed.

Where IS my soundtrack?
 

Meño definitely doesn't want his son to know he's gay. He had Candi trying to tutor him in being a macho guy. LOL I doubt he'll make it, but the son seemed to have little resentment toward Meño even though he wondered why he was abandoned by him (Meño) all those years ago.

Yes, cute kissing scene by the water.

doris
 

I fell asleep and missed the first half. Woke up and Candy and Santiago were kissing at the lake. Didn't know how she all of a sudden wasn't being mean to him.

Also, Marissa called Santiago, who thought he hung up the phone, but didn't (so Marissa could still hear him). He then talked with Eduardo, I think admitting either that he liked Candy or wasn't too happy with Marissa. So she decided to reconquer him, using her sexiness.

Also, Chava likes to tell if people are good by listening to their heartbeats. He listened to Santiago's, and it was good.
 

That thing with Chava listening to the hearts was very sweet. He also listened to Charly's heart and pronounced him good as well.

Patricio was mean to Soledad as decie girl says, but then he did a thing that hardly ever happens early on, he threatened to have a DNA test. Do it I say! Then he met Beto, shook his hand and was actually very moved. Later he found out that Alicia has been taking birth control and hiding it from him so now he is obsessing about having kids.

JudyB, I like your description of the kisses. Did you pay attention that well when you were a kid in school? You must have been a very good student.
 

Ha Ha Sylvia. Let's just say I am a sucker for kisses (hmm...that sounds wrong) and I love lips. In Diablos, I knew the heroine couldn't end up with one of the guys because their lips didn't match. Hers were thin and his were enormous. The galan she ended up with was a better match, lip-wise (and every other way).

Jaime Camil's lips are FINE as are his hands. Jacquiline Bracamontes' are a little thin but she has a great smile. We'll give her a pass on that one.
 

Yep, she's got great chops all right. I especially like it when she laughs like a hyena at Santiago. It always makes me chuckle.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Howdy =)

Kris, I hope your flight is safe and uneventful and that you feel better soon.

Lesse, for a bit of comedy, Santi convinced Candi to come out with him on a "different day" (yet another "Frijolito" bit! And the plots are very different) and the car started blowing smoke. Santi went to check under the hood and Candi stood too close to it, and he accidentally whacked her on the head when he opened it. She passed out for a while and he tried to remove restrictive clothing, then thought better of it, then tried to give her some mouth to mouth, and Candi woke up and put her hand in the way and accused him of tried to get her naked and kiss her. Not sure how he talked her into continuing with the date and finally took her to the lake she used to visit all the time and loved so much. He told her that the wind and the sun wanted them to kiss, and that if they didn't there would never be night again. Such a ham!

Sylvia, Pato didn't threaten with the test, he offered to arrange it. He told Soledad not to tell Beto he's his dad until they got the test results, but if they were positive, he would give Beto his last name.

Meño reminded me of another movie of a gay man trying to act straight: "Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert." The main character (the same guy that plays Mr. Smith in "The Matrix" and Elrond in "Lord of the Rings") had a son he hadn't seen in ages and tried to dress like a cowboy and act all butch, then was shocked to realize the boy had known he was gay all along, just like his mom, and asked him if he had a boyfriend.

Can't think of anything else that hasn't been added.
 

Paula, thanks so much for including our comments and arranging it all into a lucid recap. You rock!

Regarding the spaghetti, I also wondered who in the heck would keep a pan of spaghetti on a top shelf? Didn't make sense but oh well.
 

Margarita, I love Priscilla Queen of the Desert! It's one of my all time favorite movies.

Thanks for the detail on the DNA test, it makes a difference. I totally forgot that Candi got whacked by the car. I'll admit I laughed and thought it served her right with all the hitting and kicking she does. Turns out she's pretty tough and was none the worse for it.
 

Thanks for the pinch hitter recap Paula ;) I must have been typing while you posted and that’s how we ended up doubling some stuff.

Oh I just remembered, Pato said Alicia was a caricature of the woman he loved. Harsh indeed!

Paula and Sylvia, not only is it weird to keep a pot of spaghetti on the top shelf (instead of say...the KITCHEN!), but it looks like this is a Mexican restaurant. They don’t usually serve spaghetti.

”me haces bien” = “you’re good for me” – kind of like eating your vegetables and doing exercise.

It looks like Pato’s in for a rocky road with Beto. He told her that her friend better not try to replace dad.
 

Paula thanks for the link to "Nadie se va a marchar". What a beautiful song. I searched to see who wrote it. I like the version by the composer Noel Schajris best (http://www.myspace.com/noelschajris , 5th song on his playlist).

The title google translates to "Nobody is going to march". I assume a less literal translation would be "I will not leave". Now help me out here, couldn't Noel have just written "Nadie Se Va", "Nobody is going". Why the use of "marchar". (Note to self... must learn Spanish).


Nadie se va a marchar
by Noel Schajris

Para que la vida no te pese tanto,
haré una maleta con tus desencantos,
y la mandaré de viaje muy lejos,
para que las penas no nublen el cielo.

Para que la risa te brille de nuevo,
pintaré las tardes de un azul intenso,
y ataré un rayo de sol en tu pelo,
para que no temas al frío en invierno.


Coro:
Para que explicarte que te quiero tanto,
y que no puedo verte llorar,
Déjame mostrarte que la vida es buena,
nunca es tarde para soñar.

Sabes que hoy me quedo,
y mañana lo hago de nuevo,
Yo no me voy a marchar.


Para que las dudas abran su camino,
y tu corazón siga su destino,
te daré una noche en el centro del mundo,
para que disfrutes de cada segundo.

Para que del alma juntes los pedazos,
construiré tu casa dentro de mi abrazo,
y nos quedaremos por noches y días,
sin que nos importe que traiga la vida.

(Choro)

Y la tormenta pasará,
la luna subirá,
y tu estarás conmigo, conmigo.

Sabes que hoy me quedo,
y mañana lo hago de nuevo,
yo no me voy a marchar.

Nadie se va a marchar.


The chorus translates:

Let me say I love you so much,
and I can not see you cry,
Let me show you that life is good,
it's never too late to dream.

You know who I am today,
and tomorrow will be new,
I will not leave.


The rest I'm piecing together through google translate.

:) Jorge el curioso
 

Thank you, Kris, for posting the recap to the regular place. I removed it from the comments.

The song, when Santiago is lying in bed, remembering the good times with Candy, is Jaime Camil singing Nadie se va a marchar.
 

Thanks for pinch hitting, Paula. K, hope you feel better soon.

Judy - you are so right about Jaime's besos and his hands. The scene at Chapala with Santiago and Cande kissing - WOW. He is so hot and tender at the same time. Don't get me started....oops, too late. ;)

I'm not sure that Pato is such a bad guy. He hasn't shown a pattern of premeditated, prolonged philandering (like Santi's friend has), so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He is simply, as Hyacinth Bucket on "Keeping Up Appearances" would say, "weak as water".

Seems like we missed some important scenes, because all of a sudden Cande is hanging out with Santi at the lake and having a good time, and kissing him. Not that I blame her - who could resist? (If her son listened to my heart, he might say I was something other than "good" at this point!).
Anyhooo.. seems like she,like the men, can be impulsive,and act against her better judgement.

What is up with Paulina being too busy in NYC to take any time for her daughter? How long does a phone call or even an email take? Paulina - eres una maldita bruja!

Can't believe Marissa would intentionally get pregnant to hold on to Santi. Gawd. She's pathetic. It doesn't fit her persona, or maybe the actress doesn't fit the role.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder