Thursday, January 29, 2009
Fuego: Where Are They Now?
It just occurred to me that over the course of this tediously extended novela many characters have been abandoned by the wayside, perhaps because the actors had better gigs to go to. Has anybody been keeping track of the departed? Since I stopped watching for months and months, I didn't see what happened to, for instance:
- Rosario died, right? But what happened to her son? To her strange mother?
- Don Augustin got "married" and moved away? Never to be seen again?
- Tweedledum and Tweedledee - no interest in their poor sister Root? Where are they?
- The Babe Doctor and her daddy doctor - nu?
- I haven't seen Pablito for a long time - he didn't get offed, did he?
- The donkey! Does Padre Bouffy have a car now? How is he getting around?
We could also use a death count. Anybody game to tally up the players?
- we are hoping that Don Agustin and Santita vda de etc,etc,etc, will come back and save the day.
- Tweedledum ran away with his Gay lover and business manager. Tweedledee also left town shortly after they lost the hacienda and catching his Aunt Raquel having an affair with Fernando. Ruth is their cousin not their sister.
- Doctora Leonora'Hotbabe' Castaneda and her father Nestor are presumably still in Las Barancas with sylvester helping people get better.
- Pablito istill around. He was just helping Quintina and those stupid spinsters with Quintina's modelling cum male exploitation project.
- I remember seeing that donkey a few episodes ago. Perhaps we will see that donkey again.
- Pedro Left town. Return is unknown.
- Jefe is still incarcerated.
- Maracuya left town never to comeback. Presumably on tour in the Caribbean. (She is probably the girl I like the least. But will not kick her out of the bed. ;) )
- Mariachi is MIA.
Death count score:
Ricardo Uribe's victims are:
1) Juan Jose Reyes
2) Maria Libia Robles-Reyes
3) Raquel Uribe
Fernando Escandon's Victims are:
3)Petra the old hag
8)Doctor 'Matanasos' Gomez
That's it so far. Unless it increases...
I will be out of range after breakfast but will be in touch if I have internet links in Oaxaca. Be of good cheer! Keep on Snarkin'.
Oh and to add to Ibarramedia's list: the donkey actually has a name: Platero. Some may recall the book "Platero y Yo" which you could find some wiki info here: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platero_y_yo. Also do we know if Ricardo Uribe had anything to do with the death of Feo Fernando's parents? He had something to do with their economic collapse but I don't think that was very clear or clear yet.
My cameras are juiced up with memory cards reset so I hope the volcanos are visible today. Wish me luck.
- Damian Ferrer left for some more Bullfighting where the prizes are high. Presumably Chile or Spain.
- Eladio and Natalia left for the US. I think they sent Hortensia and Rigo a letter saying they had a kid.
- Bruno is the gay lover/Business manager I mentioned earlier.
A little question about Libia, Does she have asian blood in her? She looks like she has some asian features on her. Saw a scene or two from Cuidado when surfing....
Hopefully they will pry the snake head from her hand and realize that it is from Ricardo's Jacket!
Nancy in T
And there were those two guys who were nosing around Jimena and Sarita. I've already forgotten their names also.
Thanks Nick, I am having a life altering experience, once again, every trip tends to be that for me. I had a spirit cleansing moment with a handsome indigenous man in front of the museum of anthropology on Sunday, and will attend a goddesses of Mexico class tomorrow as a guest (don't know if it is how to become one or how to recognize them) after market in Oaxaca and before climbing Monte Alban. Pretty much a mind altering experience all without harmful substances (except the incense smoke that cutie was blowing in my face) pictures to follow...
I happened to love the color combination of Raquel's electric red wig and the neon green face powder. Just the kind of thing I would love to photograph. And I am so glad this group is putting the fine list together from the hoards of characters that have trotted in and out, two and four legged. Willa would like to remind you all of that wonderful setter (or whatever he was) that Damien had. Willa actually got upped and sniffed and licked at the screen when he was on. Glad I don't have plasma yet, does anyone know if dog spit can dissolve plasma screens? Maybe I better not get one.