Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fuego, Wed., Feb. 11: Save them from themselves.

I just got home from a dinner with the Governor, and I’m tired and I don’t care about this—sorry, this is all you get. By the bye, none of this makes sense to me, and I’m trying to do my art history flash cards at the same time, so…good night and good luck.

OMFG What the hell happened to this show? It seems like everyone else who was sub-standardly normal on this show took a bunch of recreational drugs and the rest is just a big headache and a really bad morning. What the hell is going on with ultra Minnie Mouse and Quinti the trick-turner overseer? They just discovered you could use voice synthesizers for something other than Franco’s “Ave Maria” serenades.

Fernie has visited the sacred cave of Libia’s flower. Apparently he talks to rocks, too. He goes to check out the dimensions for the perfect Reyes Tomb. Brothers and sisters should always be together, so I’ll burry you all together. Eat rock, flower.

Gabi is all like, no one ever loved me, and so no one else can be loved. That’s why the girls must stay home and not go out for sodas. Silly girls, did you actually think you were married adults?

Back at the cave of Libia’s flower, Fernie is struggling to water his pet rocks. He pours lighter fluid on the flowers and lights a match. Libia’s tomb is burning, but does she care?

Gabi lies awake missing her ex-husband and sometimes lover. When she was young and in her prime, she used to do it all the time, but now that she is old and gray, she does it every other day.

Ah! Explosion at the cave. Reflection time: do we enter burning caves in search of someone or something that has been dead for years? Do we explore the deepest part of said cave while the flames are burning behind us? Your local fire chief wouldn’t recommend it…

Well, how would you like to dream about your passionate lover and wake up to his sweating countenance and slimy hand on your mouth? Such is Gabi’s life. It pretty much sucks when you get used even in your dreams. As it turns out, Fernie never died, and only pretended to die to kill the Reyes, like all those other times. Funny that he can hold a gun to so many guys’ heads, but feels the urge to lure the Reyes gang into a cave. Does anyone else see the hilarity in this regression to nature? You see, the Reyes are bona fide barbarian Neanderthals—straight off the boat—so now their environment fits their personas. It’s the missing link in the Nature vs. Nurture controversy. Now, I can only hope that they eat Libia, then each other. It would be the perfect ending to one drugged-out ride.

All dressed up and no place to go. Just like the beginning of our tragic epic. It’s the circle of life, people. Mommy dearest has locked the girlies in their rooms and now all that’s left is a bunch of Judy Blume books and glitter nail polish. Jimena calls the purple sleeping bag!

So, Fernie’s into the whole “nurse” routine. Well, Gabi licks his wounds and he lies on the bed. I doubt he will perform to her dream-inspired standards, though he does have the sweat thing going on. Now Gabi says that she can’t live if Sofia or anyone else is happy. Ok, Mrs. Grumpy pants, we’ll all be self-loathing, bi-polar, marginalized housewives to facilitate your end-of-day happiness.

On another note, does anyone think that Juan/E.Y. bleaches his death, because the guy smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish, and his teeth are whiter than pearls. Anyway, Juan finds a small rock that opens to the real world and he sees a dog—or maybe that’s a man—what’s the diff.; “all men are dogs!” Then he sees Oscar playing dead, but we’ve all seen enough of this show and others to know that that would never happen. Case in point as he coughs and opens his eyes. It’s all gonna be a-okay and we’re right on schedule for the sextuplet wedding. Yes, Sofia will have sextuplets at that juncture; Jimena and Sarita will follow suit later because David’s Bridal was running low on maternity gowns at the Puebla Outpost.

Everyone on this show who is supposed to be dead is really only sleeping, and then they go to the dispensary to be treated by the healing powers of Paddy.

I’ve always found that the minor actors are always much more passionate and slightly convincing in a cruise ship/high school play sort of way. Like the humble but young couple who have illusions of becoming the next Juan-Sofia couple. The one girl is all like, “where were you, who were you doing?” And he’s just trying to tell everyone about Juan entering a burning cave to find his dead sister’s living flower. By the way, did he ever find, or leave with, what he wanted? No. So it was just a case of wasted effort and tantalizing death for the hopeful viewer.

Now Juan is all confused, and of course, he goes to the person who always makes things better—PaddyTaddy. “Evil is all around us, have hope, God loves you.” “Thank you, Padre.” You know, these people don’t need to be saved from evil; they need to be saved from themselves. All the praying and pleading to faded statues has clearly not helped, maybe it’s time to turn to things like basic emergency prevention and proper response.

Here’s a good question: “who could have tried to kill you?” Well, lets see, there are only eight people left alive on this show, and there are six of you on team stupid # 1. I know adding is beyond your comprehension, but by virtue of who is standing next to you, it would have to be someone from team frigid bitch. Of course, as PadTad explains, Gabi is bad because she rejects God. So, she’s bad by choice. Clearly, he doesn’t understand that people on this show have no power whatsoever over themselves, and are merely victims of their biological gene pool/toxic living conditions. Well, it wasn’t the first time Gabi told him to leave her house and never come back…and it won’t be the last…though, I’ve been wrong before…

And we end tonight with Sofia, Eva, and Fernie all in Root’s apartment. They find a bloody dart stabbed into the coffee table and Fernie has his gun in hand. Death is insinuated, but impossible for our plot.

Absolutely nothing happened in this episode, like every other one, and you should probably just not even read this recap.

Labels:


Comments:
Nickster – thank you for the speedy recrap. Well done, too, calling as you see it. LOL

For months, I have noticed everyone has dazzling white teeth, esp. EY/Juan and Adela. It’s the FELS effect, along with a 3/4 moon and a full moon, all in the same evening of tonight's capítulo.

So it was just a case of wasted effort and tantalizing death for the hopeful viewer.
ROFLOL!!!!!

Since when is it privileged confessional information that our friendly local sociopath mass killer is actually still alive? Hel-lo?!??? I so wanted PadTad to say, “So, Juan, did you see Fer this morning? He’s not looking do good these days.” Aaarrrggghhh! (oops, lost my beanie hat....)

Feo does look like hell. I have got to give it to Cantú; he's doing a superb job as Fernando. His facial expressions tonight were of total madness. He's creeping me out.

And boy-oh-boy am I ticked off!!! After the cafe implosion, we had The Perfect Opportunity for a shower scene. Denied! Waaah!
 

Looks like Gabriela returning to her bun hairstyle was just temporary. After she woke up with Fernando's hand over her mouth and the shock wore off, She let her hair down in a ponytail again.

Apparently Gabriela also has had some medical training. I swear that Quintina scene cost me 10 minutes of my life. Cut. It. Out.

Fernando is just left to grave site desecration now. Scumbags like him won't get away with it.

Not only did Fernando set the cave on fire, he rigged it with explosives too. Looks like there was a small blast.

The brothers end up unconscious with their hands clasped. How sweet. The brothers were holding hands. Lol.

It is good to see Fernando suffering. I'm surprised that Fernando is not blaming Gabriela at all for shooting him.

After Gabriela fixed him up, she told him to hide out in the cabana. I missed their conversation about Ruth though. But it looks like Eva and Sofia are now wondering what's up with Ruth and went to see her in the Cabana to the horror of Gabi. Meanwhile Fernando plays with the bloody dagger while he over hears them come in. so he quickly ducks in the bar. Bad news. Eva and Sofia are in there. I recall Sofia say that Ruth was acting strange.... Got to find out more about her.

Ibarramedia
 

Hey Nickster...alot going on tonite, thanks for the recap and passionate commentary! I really will miss this show and all the fun here.
Anyone have recommendations for TN's on Telemundo? My cable company is pulling Univision off the Basic cable package later this month.
:o(((
"Creemelo"
 

Doris, I must have missed the cafe explosion. Must be my dark TV.
:o)
"Cree"
 

Judy Blume books, glitter nail polis, Team Stupid.....wonderful. It's 5 am and I'm bleary-eyed but you still made me laugh, Nickster. We'll miss you.
 

"Now, I can only hope that they eat Libia, then each other. It would be the perfect ending to one drugged-out ride." OMG, how true; how funny Nickster.
 

Nickster: Thanks for a recap that was far more enjoyable than the actual episode. You obviously have a lot going on so appreciate your taking the time to do this. Honestly, recent episodes have been far much better (murder, mayhem) so am sorry you drew the short straw with this one.

Doris: "Feo does look like hell. I have got to give it to Cantú; he's doing a superb job as Fernando. His facial expressions tonight were of total madness. He's creeping me out." Totally...

Ibarramedia, I was also surprised Feo is apparantly not blaming Crabi (at least thus far) for shooting him. Of course, she is all he has now that he is peniless, mad as a hatter and no dobut suffering from septic shock.

Creemelo, you're losing Univision? What horrendous timing with FC almost here.

I have 2 questions. First, did Feo tell Crabi he killed Ruth? She seemed to be recoiling from him but it just may have been the sweat and fetid breath.

Also, is Rigo dying? He has had the worst luck (of anyone still living) in this telenova. I hope they don't kill him off and have Benito Uribe ride back in the picture at the end. Blech.

Diana in MA
 

Haha. Thanks, everyone. You're all great. Indeed, pulling the short straw is the story of my life. In fact, every time I prepare to write a recap on FELS, I ask myself; "what have I done to deserve this?"
 

Great recap, Nick. You never fail to brighten a dull day.

Diana: I do sort of think Feo told Crabi he killed Ruth, but he may not have used the exact words. More like she won't be coming 'round anymore. Pretty sure she got the meaning, though.

As for Rigo, the doctor did say it could be a recurrence of his brain tumor, which isn't good. I also hope he'll be okay.

Creemelo: Telemundo has lots of good telenovelas. One of the best is Doña Bárbara. But of course you'd be coming into the show about half way through.
 

Nickster: Another superb recap. I've missed a couple of weeks of this novela - and, no way would I record it or go to Youtube to see what I missed.

My only question: What happened to Ruth? Where is she or her body?
 

Maybe I've been watching too many crime shows, but who leaves the bloody murder weapon embedded in a table. Obviously no one thought to look for Ruth (where she lives)before. This is getting even more estupido.
 

Thanks for answering my questions Hombre. Greatly appreciated.

I would think that a mother finding out her husband killed her daughter would ordinarily propel her to some sort of drastic action. Not Crabi. She may have been momenarily repulsed but not enough to do anything. Could she be more of a monster?

I hope killing off the kindest soul in Fuego (Rosario) was enough and that Rigo will be spared - hasn't he been through enough? Blech. Diana in MA
 

Bless you! The cable guide said is was airing at 10 last night, but that is not what got recorded! Then I remembered who would be recrapping and all was right with the world! I shall so miss your writings when this is all over!
 

Thanks for the entertaining recrap, Nickster. I, too, hope they don't conveniently kill off poor Rigo so Eladia (is that her name/) can marry Tweedle Benito after he returns for his inheritance. That would be so obvious even for the FELS writers. Strange that Feo would leave the murder weapon on the cabana, let alone stuck in the table with blood on it, as he usually buries or hides things away from the scene of the crime. But then, he's lost it. Yay, I have survived FELS and am still moderately sane. I think we all deserve medals. GinCA
 

I guess the bros put in just one door at the cabana...no back door to escape in an emergency. Either that, or Raqui and Feo don't think to use it. I see a major building code violation here. GinCA
 

Thanks for the recap, Nick, snarkier than ever. The broadcast was just wacko last nite, starting a few mins late; captions nearly worthless, way behind the dialog, garbled and whole lines missing. They would have been useful, too, because i could barely make out a lot of the words, so much whispering, shouting in the cave, background noise, and all. Not really all that much happened, except for teh cave scene, kinda disappointing, but a good setup for tonite. They aren't going to let Feo shoot either Sofia or Eva, are they? What really puzzled me last night was that Crabi did'nt try to stop them from going to the cabana. Do the writers intend for Crabi to allow them to iether discover Feo, or have him shoot them? If they are shot, surely Juan would find out, and that would be the end of Feo, the only person that matters to her, except for herself, of course. I think that it's going to be one wacky twist of the story. Rigo's headache must be from the bullet bouncing off his noggin. (Didn't he get hit by the wayward bullet?) I can't see the point of his tumor coming back. But then I can't see the point of the bullet having hit him, either, it could have sailed off into the countryside and stiil been just as effective for all that we've seen of its signifigance.
Pasofino- Feo killed Root in a "momnet of passion". Google "fuego sangre 191" (I think that's the episode. I watched it there, cause I was away from a TV that nite). It's very odd and creepy, and was quite well discussed here on Caray. You really should watch it.
dorado dave
 

I guess the dagger was left in the table for some reason. The last blood on it is Ruth's (I think) Padre Tadeo before. Tonights episode Gab tells Feo, that is was a good idea to cast the blame of Padre's stabbing to Ricardo. Did that happen?
I read the synopsis on Esmas.com before the show.
Rigo's wife is Eugenía.
 

It occured to me that had Fr. Tadeo named Fernando as his attacker, Feo would have been under arrest long ago. The poor unknown man would not have been killed in the car explosion and Ruth would still be alive.

Can anyone explain why Fr. Tadeo continues to maintain his silence? There's no protected confession here (that I'm aware of). Diana in MA
 

Dorado Dave: Thanks.
 

It's obvious to us, but since Feo had his face covered, supposedly Padre couldn't see him.
 

But why has Pad Tad been encouraging everyone not to tell Sofia that Eva is her Mom?
"Creemelo"
 

Creemelo- because Pad Tad is her real father, not just in the catholic sense...
dorado dave
 

I don't understand why the Padre doesn't want Sofia to know about Eva being her mother either. It must have been explained at some point, but I missed it. I don't see how keeping the secret benefits anyone who's nice.
 

Diana in MA...because the writers of this crap think we are stupid and can't see these glaring gaps in logic!

If Eva gets shot and dies and Sophia finds out everyone was keeping this info from her we will get nothing but wet teary episodes until the end!
 

I've watched every minute of this catastrophe, and I'm sure Pad Tad didn't tell Juan why he had to keep quiet about Eva being Sofía's mom. He told Juan, in that whispery panting voice that's starting to get on my nerves, that he wanted him to just wait a little longer before telling Sofía and Eva, and would not tell him why. Juan broke the silence with Eva because he didn't want her to leave town with Root.

I'm sick to death of Eva challenging Crabi to tell the truth, Root challenging Crabi to tell the truth, etc., etc. It's more delayed gratification than even the amulet in the cofre! I now think Sofía's parentage won't be revealed until the gran final.

And Crabi went all Casa de Bernarda Alba on the hermanas last night, telling them they couldn't leave the house because they were in luto (mourning for Feo).
 

I don't know the possible reason why Pad Tad doesn't want Slofia to know Gabi isn't her Mom, especially after Gabi was unrepentant for her evil misdeeds and has and continues to mistreat Slo. I think Juan is planning a big surprise party for Slofia to celebrate Eva's reveal as her ma. SURPRISE! If I were Slo, I'd be super ticked off. Wait till she finds out half the population of Serdan knew Eva is her Mom and that her loved ones kept this important info from her. GinCA
 

Didn't Juan & Sofía say that they would always tell the truth & not keep things from each other? Well, it seems like that's all they do & when the other ones finds out, that's the end of the relationship for the umpteenth time.
 

Hi everybody! I finally got a chance to comment. Thanks Nickster. As always very funny. Hope you will be recaping for the new show.

I guess I missed the part about the bomb in the cave. I was trying to figure out how a fire started all those rocks crashing down. Talk about perfect timing! I saw three babies last night so I wonder where the other one was the night before.

When Feo showed up in bed next to crabi I jumped. I don't know why I was so surprised. He just personifies evil. I hope his is a firey and painful death!
 

Nick, What a hilarious recap and now only one more to go. I liked your off the cuff recap, you hit the emotional highs and lows perfectly and made me laugh all the way through it.

I answered your question on Mexico but late on my Tuesday recap comments so I just copied it for your to read it here. I highly recommend driving in Mexico, it is so fun and whacky. Just watch out for the TOPES (speed bumps to gringos) they can be really jarring. So here is the other segment:

Hi Nick, The trip was definitely a 10+ and I enjoyed all the parts of it. Driving in traffic jams in Mexico,DF and in Acapulco required the most patience but over all having a car to go everywhere was great. It's hard to pick favorites but it might be Oaxaca with it's beautiful old city center, the pyramids at Monte Alban just a 15 minute drive up in the mountains then the 6 hour riding the snake drive down to the ocean where I spent a night in tiny Puerto Angel and wished I could have stayed another day to explore Puerto Escondido still in the state of Oaxaca. I am working on several picture essays, one of which I will post here on Caray Caray soon.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Yes, Novelera, Pad Tad did not tell Juan WHY he had to keep quiet (in that irritating whispering, panting {confessional?} voice). Seems like he did say that there were things that only he (Pad Tad) knew, and that he could not reveal those things, and that it would be better to wait to tell Sofia. I've tried to figure out what he knows that we don't know that would benefit anyone not knowing the truth. Ooops, there I go again, expecting this to make sense, my beany slipped...
 

Cheryl, Did you ever ask the local Mexicans what they thought about Fuego. Since it is rated very high over there, something must appeal to them.

What do you all think ahbout Fernando's hesistating movements or gestures?

Ibarramedia
 

Ibarramedia- I'm not sure which gestures you are referring to, but I think that Cantu' is doing a marvelous job as a physically and mentally sick demon. His crazy scenes are excellent. He's Mexico's answer to Nicholson.
 

Well, maybe the padre knows stuff about Eva and Sofia that even we don't know. I cannot imagine.

I didn't notice a difference in Feo's movements (okay, I'd say his gestures are becoming slightly more comical), but I've noticed the way he talks lately reminds me of a drunk person struggling to not seem drunk. LIke he's choosing his words carefully, but not necessarily sounding any saner. Just sounding like a crazy person trying not to sound crazy.
 

I thought I saw an ad for Betty La Fea on univision that said that it was starting on 2/9 at 10pm. It has not aired and it is not on the schedule. Does anyone know when it is going to be aired?
 

"He's Mexico's answer to Nicholson."
Amen!!!

Anonymous - The Univision ads say that Betta La Fea is being broadcast on Telefutura.
 

It looks to me as though the finale of FELS is back on track for next Friday. Anyone notice the change? I think it must be because Mexico lost the futbol playoff against the US so they have no further games to schedule.

Ibarramedia, some people really loved FELS in Mexico and through it was funny. My Mexican Mama, Isabel hated it from the beginning so it is a mixed bag. Her reason was that she just did not like the story. She however is a devotee of Fernando Colunga so she liked the Mañana es Para Siempre that had started in Mexico in the fall.

Also the people I met in Puebla and Cholula were very proud to have had filming done in their towns.
 

Yah, that Pad's voice is a "tad" odd, he sounds like an obscene phone caller I had once trying to sell me a freezer full of meat. (Ack, ack...hairball)
Anyway, I do think Rigo is toast, poor guy, but no doubt he will die saving one of the good guys, so his death won't be in vain.
"Creemelo"
 

Cheryl--that sounds great! Good for you, amiga! You know, your endeavor reminds me of the movie "Y tu mama tambien." I don't mean the sex with adolescent mexicans part, but the whole idea of "la jornada" and discovering oneself and a culture by road. Keep up the good work!
 

Did anyone else notice Cantu bonk his head on the headboard and then laugh about it. I thought it was cute. Made him seem slightly human.
 

Thanks for the great recap which I really appreciated having missed last night's episode. BTW, just figured out the schedule after watching tonight's capitulo. Mexico had 205 capitulos (10 of which were only 30 minutes) plus a 2 hour finale. Tonight univision's last half hour was Mexico's 197 so tomorrow/Friday is Mexico's cap. 198&199. Monday is Mexico's cap200&201. Tuesday is cap 202&203. Wed. is 204 & 205. Thursday is the first part of the 2 hour finale and Friday Feb 20th is the final hour of the finale.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder