Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tontas no Van - 3-11- Wed - Memories, light the corners of my mind, misty orange colored flashbacks....

Memories of marriage?


We open with Santi talking to Candi on the phone expressing his fears about Marissa harming the baby, right down to making it wear a Chivas jersey. Candi laughs at that another in the Chivas camp. Snati hangs up and calls in Horty. She beams her way in like Scottie and Santi basically repeats the same conversation and gets the same laugh about the Chivas. She does let him get serious about his fears not to see his baby. He says his kids are his life. Hmm we’ve heard this somewhere else.

Memories of Cashflow?

Candy and Meno are talking about the bills complaining how much gas keeps going up. Meno wants to hide his credit card bills, but she forces them out of him and reads the exorbitant balances and yells at him for running up almost 95000 pesos, about 9500.00 US give or take.

Donato gives Santi un tequila, and he thinks it’s a shame that Don only brought one cup. Actually like every good Tapatio he actually pulls one out of his pocket and drinks with Santi. Santi says of course because in Guadalajara no ones drinks tequila alone. Donato wants to join the abandoned club.

Meno has a sleepless night. The next am he is freaking about his bills. At lunch everyone whispers about this problem with money that he has. They all beg to help him, despite him wanting to be in charge. I say go for it, she points out that none of them pay rent. That’s a lot of mouths for sure!!

Zamora and Tono run off to get something for a friend leaving Lulu by herself at the restaurant. Candi yells at Ma for making phone calls.

Memories of Curls?

Meno goes to see Santi and wonders what happened to his hair. Yeah why did he cut it I wonder, maybe for some other appearance or something? I love his curly locks, bummer. Meno thinks he looks 10 years younger. Meno asks Santi ti help him out. Meno confesses he’s great with other peoples money, including the restaurant, but not hs own money.

Memories of Humiliation?

Mari in a moment of compassion explains she though about shutting down the institute, but no, she can’t, but they are associates and nothing more. Candi ruined her life. Her moment of compassion ends quickly as she mentions to Candi, but she wants a bigger share in everything or else she’ll take her money and walk. I knew it wouldn’t last long.

The two musketeers return with the results and Zam thinks he has the right to open them.

Candy cries to the girls about not being able to help Meno. The girls all cry poor house because of divorces and what have you and can’t help. Candy says she wouldn’t even expect them to help with such a thing. Here’s a tip. Stop wearing all those brand new designer clothes that change everyday and maybe you’d have some dough? Except for Sole, she needs something other than shorts. Que the hell? I can’t say I’ve ever seen them in a workplace, she’s not the dance teacher even. You know come to think of it, what the hell does she do there anyway?

Ceci comes in to advise them that Pato is there. Sole gets her waaah face on but Candi says you are my bff, but sorry there’s nothing I can do. Bff Sole says oh that’s ok I know and smiles as she walks out. Hmmmm. Pato comes in and Cnadi shows him the brown photo book and asks if he remembers it. He can’t believe she didn’t burn it. She admits she did burn many but at least not that.

Meno and Santi continue the credit counseling. Santi says he’ll write a check, but that’s not why Meno is there, he only wanted advice. He leaves. Santi is perplexed because he wants to help.

Memories of teen innocence?

Back to the nostalgia trip, the former novios argue about whether it was this day or that, or raining or not, etc. This is so weird considering these two dated in real life for years, but have been broken up now for a couple of years. Anyway, she recalls they were really happy and then the last photo would be of them with their son, before closing the book, but Pato says nope not closed, don’t you want more photos, like of us when we are gray and wrinkly and incontinent? There can be and they kiss a good solid kiss.

They talk about being married or not being married, and being scared to be in love with exhubby and he has two kids and never held a baby, and she never lost her smile, and blah blah blah. He wants her back, she’s not fighting this time at least.

The bobsy twins are reviewing the results of Charly. Zam is “analyzing” them and determines that Charly is sick with something, maybe Elisa, the Blot or the Western. He says he saw a Western last week but didn’t hink he could get sick from it. Ha, our med folks out there know these are the analyzing techniques and not the actual affliction.

Candi and Pato continue this castle in the sky conversation. She says for them to keep talking on the phone and see how things go. Whatever, he’ll call her. And he does right away and asks her what she’s doing ofr the next 40 years. Man this guy is hard to reject. Now he asks the hard question. What about Santi, you busted up his boda. She says only to save him, but she feels nothing, right? She hesitates, but yes. They keep playing the little phone game he kisses her and leaves.

Memories of Padres lost?

Santi is looking through baby photos. Lu comes in she doesn’t want to go to the anniversary mass for her parents death. She thinks God didn’t care if he left her alone without them. Snati says thanks what am I? He reminds her of what she has amd she admits she doesn’t want him to die. He says he’s not going anywhere. They discuss whether her parents are in another life, and so on and she ends up deciding to go to the mass afterall. She thinks his hair makes him look maybe 2 months and 2 days younger. Everyone is weighing in on this. He wants her to call him Pa and she says today I’ll stick with my own Dad, but maybe tomorrow you can be Dad 2 or something.

Meno comes home to Greg. She thinks he looks bad and he asks her to stop making so many phone calls. She agrees instead she’ll send smoke signals.

Everyone is reflective at the mass and they flashback to Issy lamenting that a parent should never have to bury a child. I can’t imagine. I had a hard enough time with my cat. Sigh.


Meno comes upon our comedians musing what poor infirmity Charly could have. Our guys manage to keep it from him claiming it was a speeding ticket while on bike. he thinks they were smokingfrom the happy pipe or something.

OK Candi and Sanit are in this great IM session and he's complaining about being aboandoned by her and her telling him he needs to chil because she's got a lot on her mind. He ends up running up there while she awaits an answer and they continue their discussion. They too chat about the missing curls. her estimate is 3 months younger. Mari happens upon them and wonders why they aren't kissing. There's just more bitterness in this conversation, Mari accusing her of lying and betraying her.

This nasty scene is interrupted welcomingly by our cute kids chatting about being sad and trying to figure out why Meno is sad and how they can maybe help him.

Santi decides to be voice of reason and tells them not to fight like ninos and he and Mari have a lot to chat about. I can see the smoke fuming out of her ears for sure.

We come back to our favorite kiddies making their first attempts at entrepreneurialism by "dusting" passing car windows. Of course because this is telenovela land their first car is a sweet sympathetic lady who just loves that they are doing this and she gives them 50 centavos. They are thrilled abut this until they realize how many centavos make up a bunch of pesos and that this will take forever to help Meno. In reality the cars would probably not even stop, would spew black smoke in their bright shiny faces and yell at them to get out of the way. Well maybe not...anyhow...

Memories of a Free Lunch?

Lu and Charly are chatting, she's bummed he didn't make it to the mass, but he said he saw his Pa so upset that he wanted to help and he appears to get ready for his stint as Super Whopper. Lu plays with an "appendage". I guess this is his contribution to helping out Meno with the bills. I think that's cool. Toruns out he comes down the stairs and has instead transformed into Super Torta Ahogada. Lu laughs but supports him by kissing him.

Memories of our first Centavo?

The kids, still hanging out on the median, are suddenly approached by Doanto who wonders what they are doing in the street by themselves. He manages to wrench Roci free from her galans and proceeds to take her home leaving the other two out there. Just when they decide they'll keep wiping windshields, the next car turns out to be Pa. he too wonders what they are doing.

Memories of a pregnancy?

Raul and Mari are at the apartment and he wonders how things went with Candi. She repeats that she is my colleague but no more my friend. Raul repeats that he wants nothing to happen to his nephew. Again with this!! Mari says look nothing will happen to him and you'll get to see him, but Santi definitely not.

Memories of health?

Zamora is with SAnti at the office and they discuss that he has this friend who has these results and he needs help interpreting them. Santi confirms that this is the friend of the cousin of a friend? If so, you shouldn't have these results as they should only be given to the person whose results they are, and he gives us a PSA that is never followed in T-land about confidentiality breaches etc. He does end up telling Zamora that if these tests are apositive, that means his "friend" has HIV. Ugh, this can't be happening.

Labels:


Comments:
Heh, excellent title! Made me snort my tea.

OK, I'll get right to the anvil...Elisa, Western Blot, it looks like our fears have been realized regarding Charly's blood test. Shoot.

Meno has been supporting Candy and Chava all this time? Then add Greg and Charly? Yes, I'd say it's about time somebody chipped in. No wonder he's got money problems!

Fantastic recap so far Kris, I'm looking forward to the rest!
 

No time to read yet...maybe this evening...but LOVE the title. Any time it's a song, it then goes through my mind all day....which is fine by me!

Bummed about the Charly story also.
 

Excellent so far Kris. Unfortunately, Vivi was dead-on yesterday. I'm afraid that this won't be as easy to deal with as the leukemia. (Wow, what the Hell did I just say? I hope none of my Dr. friends are listening in.)

Cute scene with the kids doing windshields to help out, but they need to stay out of the street. (Now I've become a scold).

Charly, Charly, Charly! What were you thinking?

Carlos
 

Kris, you're right, there sure were a lot of memories. Loved the recap, looking forward to the conclusion of it (hope you got some sleep after staying up so late to kindly give us your excellent prose).

Although it looks really bad for Charly, maybe enough time has now passed so at least Lucia isn't pregnant? But you never know, the anvils seem to be raining down now.
 

Thank you Kris for all your late night hard work!
I don't see the point of throwing this in about Charly. Wasn't leukemia enough for that family?
I've been thinking more about Mariloca and the baby. Maybe she will have the baby and abandon it at a church or somewhere and leave town.
That way the baby isn't harmed and Santi still has a chance of finding it.
I don't care where she goes but Raul can go with her.
Any chance evil Pau might have a change of heart and become a good wife and mother for Santi and daughter?
That way I'd say good riddance to Candy and she can ride off into the sunset with Pat.
I'm not worried about Alicia but I would like to see Soledad find someone nice.
Thanks again Kris!

Carrie L.
 

Ok it's done now.

Question, I may have missed this, but didn't Charly ask Zamora to pretend to be Meno to get the results and he was practicing being "flamboyant" for that purpose? Are these Charly's results or Meno's? Were we given a reason of why Charly might have been exposed to HIV? Did they show him going in for the test or something?

My idea was that Meno is actually the one whose results these were until I read all your comments about Charly, so fill me in if you know anything about this, and thanks for your patience!
 

Fuego, yes, these are Charly's results and unfortunately something a few of us saw coming. Charly started dealing drugs a few weeks back, fell into a bad crowd, and had sex with one of the girls in this crowd without a condom. Just the other week he said he wanted to help a friend who needs a blood transfusion or something, so he needed to get his blood tested. Since at the time he didn't want to bother Meno who was dealing with losing his business and home, he asked Zamora to pretend to be his father so that he could get the results of the test.

I think too much time has passed for Lu to be pregnant. They had sex that one time before Mari got pregnant, or around then. Since then Lu has said NO, despite Charly's advances. Thank goodness! It's enough that one of these families will suffer such grief when the news comes out, much less two!
I am so sad that I was right about this. :(
-Vivi in DC
 

I totally missed this with Charly and the drugs and unprotected sex. What a shock. I hope he has a STD and not HIV.
 

Don't forget, Charly also had unprotected sex with Luc. Do we KNOW that it was only one time? And do we know he was clean before that?
 

Hmm, ok, I remember the comment about the condom and I thought maybe he was faking it, that he didn't really have sex with the girl he just said that to be "in" and I remember that about helping the friend.

I guess maybe...I'm still holding out hope that it's Meno instead, not that I wish this on any of them, but he being older will have to manage the disease for a shorter period of time and he's probably not intending to procreate again, whereas Charly is still in his prime youth and would have to control the disease for so much more of his life.

I'm hoping that Santi yelling about how only the person who's results they are should get them was for a reason, and I'm thinking of the fact that I thought they have said that Charly is 18 and so he shouldn't need an adult for that. Drat, maybe they said he is almost 18. That or maybe they gave Zam the results corresponding to the ID name instead of the son. I don't know. Yikes another depressing thought I am trying to grab at strings to ignore!
 

I wondered how I missed that there were comments about this yesterday, then I remembered I read and commented first and was so busy I didn't go back again later. Sorry for making you repeat. Still hoping it ain't so. But yes, teen HIV sadly is a popular topic in MX right now, and yes it's been done in novelas before so you are probably right, but I'm still hoping it was a mix up of sorts and he just gets scared into being good from it.

Frankly, if he did sleep with that other chic, I remember he was still with Lu then, so that would change whether I want them to be together anymore. I hate that, so if he did, then she can be done with him and I'm ok with it. Still don't wish him HIV though of course...not an equal punishment at all.
 

Thanks for the recap!
I hope the test results were mixed up and really belong to someone else, not Charly. BUT, he does need a good scare to get him to use protection; Lucia, also.

I'm late with this - I absolutely do not like Santi's haircut. It makes his head look strangely shaped. Ugh. He doesn't even seem like the same person now. No me gusta.

Soledad is getting on my nerves with her obsession for Patricio. She works at an institute aimed to increase women's self-esteem? I'd say she needs to be a client. Get a clue, lady!

Whatever Marissa tries, I believe Raul will eventually do the right thing and stop her. He's seeing that she has gone 'round the bend with her plans for vengeance.
(Maybe Raul and Soledad will hook up?? They were friendly at the wedding that didn't happen.)
 

Anya, good idea about Raul and Sole. They are both kind of pathetic and need to be somebody else's numero uno so why not for each other?

I think Charly DID sleep with the skanky ho and he lied to his friend about not doing it. I believe this was after he slept with Lucia. Was he clean before he slept with Lucia? I seem to recall he told Meno he was a virgin but this was early on when Meno kept trying to give Charly the sex talk and Charly didn't like it. I hope there is some mistake about him having HIV.
 

Dear K, A belated thanks for the super recap. You always deliver the goods, chica. I have had to ramp up time wise with MEPS. New characters and much more sophisticated vocabulary and speaking speeds makes Wednesday a late night again. It's just like when I started recapping so I expect it to get faster again.

And yes, all the free loafers need to pay rent so Meno can sleep.

Anyway, what in the world happened to this lighter hearted TN? It seems to be taking a dive toward the dark side. Is this the extension effect or what. I liked the story before. I don't want to think about Charly being ill and I want Santi and Candy to stop denying each other. But, I didn't write this plot so I guess I will just have to wait it out.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder