Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tontas no Van Wed March 18 - Los Guapos meet Las Tontas or Fear and Self Loathing in Guadalajara

Whoa, deja vu.

Yeah well, I've been extremely tied up and I probably should have gotten a sub even so I, too, will have to do a somewhat quickie, and add more details later.

Essentially this seems to be a worthless episode to our plot so far. A giant forum for seeking help if you are an alcoholic and not having teen sex, or sex without condom. Not worthless endeavours of course, but it was like the twilight zone when I turned this on. What show was I watching? Ah well.

The first scene is a self pity party for Santi feeling bad about both of his daughters having issues and his relative powerlessness to help either one of them, much less ward off the wicked witch of maternity who is carrying his yet unborn third charge. Poor Santi. Candi soothes him by talking like the wind. A cutsy trick he apparently tried on her before.

Next is Chayo and Lalo watching two TVs next to each other in the same living room, but separated by a table. They pick various fights with each other turning the volume up, and so forth. This ends with Chayo throwing a hanburger across the room. Fear of just giving up on each other?

Candy and Santi fight about talking to the two teens. Santi can't handle this because he is so mad at Charly he won't be able to control himself essentially. Fear of taking out his daughter's boyfriend?

Alright, what the heck. I'm sure this made some great sense in Mexico when these shows were airing in tandem there, but because this one is so delayed here, man we've moved on and can barely remember that bloody show.

So, for those of you who don't know, the guests who arrive at the institute for help are none other than bobblehead Milagros and Dona Luciana from Al Diablo con los Guapos. They are playing their characters, where in that storyline, Milagros helped her eventual mother in law overcome her drinking problem and recover. What we didn't know when we watched the show then was that she did it here in Guadalajara at Candy's institute. Ha. So Mili starts to tell Candy all about Luci's problem.

Roci comes in crying to Lu at home, but wonders what's wrong with Lu, who is crying and feeling bad for herself, so Lu tells her to nevermind and go away. Poor Rocio busts out something about crying when she has a stomach ache and wondering if that's what Lu has. Lu brushes her off again but then eventually realizes that Rocio is crying too and breaks out of her self absorbed funk to find out what's wrong with Roci. They end up hugging and Lu reminds her how much she cares for Rocio, it's been along tme since she said it, but she is the best sister for sure. Fear of contagion?

More to come....

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Kris. Sorry things have been so tough lately. I saw the Milagros portion of this waaaay back when I was faithfully watching Guapos. You are wicked wicked calling Milagros a "bobblehead"! She was annoyingly perky and over-the-top in this particular episode. Guess I forgive her 'cause she was only 15 and we were all annoyingly perky at that age. (I THINK...can't remember that far back).

Hope life settles down a little for you soon.
 

I am one of those people who didn't watch Guapos, so last night I knew I was supposed to know who those people were, because I recognized them as TN stars, but I didn't know who in the heck they were. So thank you for enlightening me.

Last night there was a LOT of blah blah blah and I found myself fast forwarding through a number of the scenes. It was not the most interesting of episodes. Thanks for hanging in there amiga. I know the ep will much more interesting through your eyes...looking forward to the rest of your recap.
 

Kris, thanks for getting us started. This show seems to have slowed to snail's pace. Maybe to give us a chance to absorb the magnitude of Charly's troubles, to give Marissa and Alicia a chance to hatch their plot, and the CCer achance to catch up.

Carlos
 

Thank you Kris!
I too am fast forwarding through some of this show.
It's kind of the same old blah, blah, blah.
Every time I see Candy and Santi together I hope she will break down and decide she loves him "the best". Not going to happen any time soon or at all I fear.
Zamora and pal have gotten to be my favorite part of this crazy mess. I'm enjoying the humor they insert.

One question I keep forgetting to ask, what happened to Santi's meeting with his lawyer regarding the soon to be baby?
Did I miss something?

Thank you again Kris!
Carrie L.
 

My condensed script for opening scene.
Santi: I can't take it anymore. I'm on the verge of a breakdown.
Candy: Sucks to be you. I'm giving myself to your rival. But don't be discouraged, I'm here to make you feel better. Are you feeling better yet? Good. Adios!
 

Well said, Paula.

Carlos
 

It's true nothing happened in this episode. But I, for one, enjoyed it. I liked the Guapos section. I never really watched Guapos, but I saw bits of it, and knew who the characters were, so it was fun for me when they were talking about Alejandro and Valeria, the grandmother, and pretty much summarized the entire Guapos storyline with the visit to the Candy's clinic.

Before I knew it, the hour was over, so although nothing happened, it was fun for me, and of course, I got to practice my Spanish.

Paula: Great condensed version of the opening scene!

Oh, one more thing. I love the ladies fashions, especially Soledad with her shorts, Barbara's short dress, and the others looked nice too.
 

Also, when the Abandonados were discussing women, and the Institute ladies were discussing men, I wanted to add my support to the guys when they said that just because a guy looks at a pretty woman on the street, doesn't mean he's comparing her to his wife, or doesn't appreciate the way his wife looks. It's just the way we guys are!
 

I loved Guapos; it was my favorite telenovela ever (LFMB was before I started learning Spanish, so I haven't seen it) so I thought it was fun to see Mili again even though she was kind of annoying in this episode. I wanted us to go home with them so I could visit Al again.

When we saw these scenes during Guapos, I remember thinking that Candy seemed really annoying and ditsy and we didn't know then that she was having a major family crisis at the time of Mili and Luci's visit.

Otherwise, kind of a dismal episode.
 

Also, the raging success of the radio show is ridiculous. I think people were just listening because they couldn't believe how bad the advice was and thought it must be some elaborate joke and wanted to hear how it turned out.
 

If you ladies have any leftover Chunky Monkey from Monday, send it to Santiago. He's gonna' need it.

Did you notice, last night Candy was out with her friends, Santi was out with his friends, and Pat and Ali were out with each other because they have no friends.
 

hydrimJulia, I agree with you. I loved Guapos and miss it to this day, so it was really a treat to see Milagros. I thought Alejandro and Miligol had such good chemistry. I'm watching Cuidado, but I think I'm comparing the 2 actresses, since the orphan theme is similar and I'm find the Marichuy actress wanting.
Miranda
 

I haven't been watching every day, starting to lose interest in the storyline and the psycho Marissa.

The PSAs are getting out of hand. But this novela is geared more toward the teen audience, so I guess that's why.

I am sorry to have missed Milli's cameo. Enjoyed Guapos.

Anyone know how many episodes are left?

Jewels
 

Please answer for the newbie to TN's, what is or was Guapos?
 

Guapos = Al Diablo Con Los Guapos ("To Hell with the pretty people" more or less). It was on last spring and summer and had a very complicated plot so it's hard to sum up briefly, but I thought it was a good mix of drama and comedy and the the characters were really fleshed out and most of the acting was very good.
 

Jewels, we just passed the halfway mark. Tontas had 140 cap's, and last night was #71 of the Mex numbering (#73 in US numbers).

I liked the scene with Luc and Roc. She's facing the biggest crisis of her life, but when Little Sister needs her, she arranges her face and does what she's gotta do. Just like her papa.
 

Thanks guys. i have great ideas in my head for this episode so be patient I'll get to it, work is super busy right now and I simply must pay the piper!!

I actually called Mili "bobblehead" because I recall her being referred to that way by our Guapos cappers or commenters. And at first I was perplexed but after watching and thinking about that name, I get it. I like her, but I would have MUCH rather have seen el Guapo himself, Alejandro. Now that is worth a nonsuch episode!!

The plot advances slightly in the second half though at least. Slightly... :)
 

Hey guys, remember our wonderful Diane in Maine who was such a thoughtful commenter. I've been worried since she disappeared from view but I just learned (after not checking my gmail for weeks!) that something is wrong with the computer access where she is and she hasn't been able to post comments. Otherwise all is well. We sure do miss her though!
 

Judy thank you!!!
 

Hi...another message from a long lost friend. Schoolmarm just called me and said to tell you that she misses you all like crazy but work is overwhelmingly busy right now. She catches up on viewing the programs on the weekends but no time to comment. We are in her thoughts though. And she is in ours, for sure.
 

Judyb~~~That was so nice of you to let us know about Schoolmarm and Diane. I miss them both. It's funny how close you can get to people that you've never met !!! Personalities really come through in the comments as the weeks pass.
 

Diana is from Massachusetts, not Maine. Good to know she is okay. I like her poss.
 

Thanks Anonymous...not too good on my MA's am I!?

Sylvia...hope your reception is better tonight than mine was. Macroblocking like mad, in addition to the lagging and missing cc's. Leaving at the crack of dawn for Charlotte so I'll read your recap, and Hombre's when I get back.

I'll miss you...but I'll be busy!
 

Kay, I haven't caught up with all of this episode or your obviously creative recap. I just had to stop by to say, this is absolutely the funniest title. It really flipped me to see the Guapos gals in Cande's office. Very clever of the writers. I know the producers can pull it off easily since Televisa connects them all.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder