Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tontas Tuesday March 10, '09 Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Well, we have lots of scorned women to deal with tonight. Marissa of course gets star billing. But there's also Alicia, Soledad, Margarita...and maybe we should even include Tina. She's definitely a bit miffed about Donato's love for Doña Isabela. But perhaps that's stretching the definition a bit. Let's stick with our first four, and especially our psycho mother-to-be.

Tonight's episode begins with the review of the surprise announcement that Patricio has purchased the restaurant in the names of his sons Beto and Chava, and is naming Meño the manager, thus keeping him in business. And of course we see again Candy's embrace, his pain...and then his joy when she tells him that she's not "with" Santiago, and in fact is tired of running away from Patricio and tired of being alone. He gets not one but two kisses....but waves off the possibility of a kiss from Soledad, which hurts and humiliates our runnerup mom.

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for sure now, Patricio tells his two sons he adores them and wants them to study hard so they can grow up to be good businessmen.

Candy continues her conversation with Patricio, thanking him, belatedly, for taking her to the church to rescue Santiago. He admits that it was a very strange feeling indeed....helping her to free up his rival. But he realized that the most important thing for him was to see her happy....whether it was with him....or someone else.

This scores big with Candy. She gives him a radiant smile while Soledad wilts in the background. But the happy scene comes to an end when Candy gets a call from Lulu telling her that Marissa is tearing Candy's office apart and she'd better get over there pronto.

The rest of the Institute crew are trying to calm Marissa down...to no avail. Don't psychoanalyze me. Shut up! "Calladita te ves más bonita" (You look better silent) are some of the phrases she's throwing around, along with the office equipment. When Cece worries that all that rage is hurting the baby, Marissa shrieks "Are you a pediatrician?" Did you study in medical school? Pretty awful scene. And there's more to come.

Lots of rage at Santiago's house also, when Raúl bursts in and attacks Santi both physically and verbally. Santiago is offended, both that Raúl knew of Marissa's plan, and that he would come and cause a scene at Santiago's own home, in front of his family, his children. Finally, Jaime is the one who manages to get Raúl to calm down enough to leave the house.

Ugh. Now we have Candy and Marissa going head to head.

C-What are you doing?
M-Kicking you out. You took Santiago from me. I can take the Institute from you.

Marissa continues to deny that she had any plans to abandon Santiago and keep him from the baby. You heard a conversation and you meddled in something that was none of your business she tells Candy...but you'll live to regret it. We break for an ad here. Thank goodness!

A little breather now. Santiago's on the phone to Eduardo, telling him about the fight with Raúl. And Margarita's having a little chat with Alicia, telling her she's going to separate from Arturo over his "affair" with Gregoria.

Alright, back to the yucky stuff. Marissa's landing some punches in her verbal boxing match with Candy. When the latter tries to reprimand Marissa for planning to keep Santiago from his son, our woman scorned reminds Candy that she kept Patricio away from his own son for 8 years! Score for Marissa. And then, Marisa pretends, you lied in order to get Santiago away from me. How ugly! No, I didn't lie, replies Candy calmly. And Santiago left the church because he wanted to. Ouch! Score one for Candy.

Meanwhile, Santiago has located Lalo at the beauty parlor having his nails done. Girl stuff! How could you Lalo? Santi pushes the manicurist aside and starts to do the clipping himself, while complaining about the scene Raúl pulled at his house. I guess this is supposed to be a lighthearted break from all the drama, and this continues back at Santiago's house with a little rumble between Donato and Jaime. Jaime lets Donato know he's onto him and the only way he can make up for that nasty trick is to drop dead himself. Our little Tina is right there, reminding Donato that she knows his secret....that he's in love with Doña Isabela. So there!

Back to our boys. Santiago is still lamenting that his good friend Raúl betrayed him by knowing of Marissa's abandonment plan. He's so engrossed that he lets himself be talked into a haircut by the peluquero (hairdresser) and ends up getting scalped.

A quick scene switch to the restaurant where Alicia arrives, determined to find out if HER mother is having an affair with HER father-in-law. The answer is no, and Meño backs up Gregoria's story, even though the latter manages to insult him by saying...I don't want anything to do with men. The only man I want around me is Meño and the only thing manly about him is the pair of pants he's wearing. Meño takes it all in stride and laughingly suggests maybe he should be in a mini-falda (miniskirt).

Okay, more yuck. Marissa and Candy are still at it.

M-I imagine you'll end up with Santiago.
C-This is not a competition.......Why do you want revenge?
M-Oh, dear sweet Candy. The soul of charity. You never feel angry,right? Never want vengeance!? Yeah, right.
C- No, I've never wanted revenge. I was so hurt by what Patricio and Alicia did that I just disappeared.
M- And making people think you're dead....that isn't vengeance!?

I think Marissa has a point here, frankly.

C-What reasons do you have for separating Santiago from his child? Either we straighten this out or the Institute is finished.

Whew. And again we break for an ad. Fine by me.

When we come back, we see a freshly shorn Santiago (while Lalo looks on in horror) stating that he will have to talk this out face to face with Marissa. Then when he gets a look at himself, he yelps," Even my own children won't recognize me. I thought you said 'the usual cut'". And bemoans the loss of his "chinos" (curls) and sex appeal and uses the word "jicaros" which translates as bald pate or bald head.

Another light-hearted break...well, there is some poignancy here. Rocio is missing her mom and wondering if she could share Chava's mom for a while. And they find out that Donato never knew his mother, so perhaps he would like to share Candy also.

More poignancy when Soledad shows up at Patricio's office to protest her humiliation at being ignored and rebuffed at the restaurant. But she gets ignored again, as Patricio answers a call from Candy and gives her all his attention. As Soledad slinks out the door, Candy is heard reminding Pato that Soledad is her friend and she wants him to be nice to her. She goes on to thank him for the restaurant gesture but also to chide him for lying to her about why he wanted Chava's papers.
C-You know I don't like lies.
P- But these were well-intentioned ones. Doesn't that count? How about inviting me to dinner to thank me (second request).
C-No.
And she hangs up.
And Pato is bemused and enchanted. She hung up! he marvels. I love her. I love her.

I know. Go figure. Love is blind. What can I say? This poor guy has it bad.

And someone else loves Candy. Little Rocio. She's trying to give her "noisy kisses" but needs a little coaching. Finally she gets it, and there a big beso-fest with Candy, Chava and Rocio all participating.

We now see Patricio with his mom. He's going through his box of sentimental ("cursi") memories of Candy, but cautions her not to tell Alicia. Don't worry, she assures him, I know how to keep secrets. But what's with you all of a sudden? You're so happy. I haven't seen you like this in ages. I love you, she adds.

And love is in the air with our two youngsters Charly and Lucia. They're talking marriage and kids and arguing over names and whether they'll be Chivas or Americas supporters. And just when they're about to kiss, they get busted by Granny. I suppose you were just trying to remove a "pelusita de ojo", right Charly? she asks. Right, he hastily agrees.

The Candy lovefest continues. She's made a sock puppet for Rocio named Merenguito but is interrupted by Gregoria telling her a package has been delivered. There's a half-baked conversation about the affair accusation with Arturo while Candy opens the package and we have a little walk down Memory Lane as Candy sees what's in the box. The key to Patricio's heart and the recall of his description of her kisses. What color are they? All the colors of the rainbow. Ah well, our boy is definitely scoring points in this episode. Pato's gaining ground while Santiago's losing hair. Maybe that should be our alternate title.

Marissa might go along with that. She's confronting Santiago in his office saying, Wow, you're changing everything....your fiancée, your life, your haircut. And still denying she has plans to keep him from his baby (all an "invention" of Candy) but then adding slyly.....But accidents happen to babies all the time you know. Babies die every day.

S- You wouldn't go that far would you!?
M-Are you worried? Scared? Well get used to it. Because it's going to get worse.

Again, we break for an ad. And again I'm relieved. I hate these baby threats.

When we come back, Santiago is making a few threats himself. About bringing legal action if she's contemplating something this heinous. Marissa thinks she's entitled to hurt him after he's subjected her to the worst humiliation a person could ever suffer. Santiago defends himself, saying that their love affair has been "over" for a long time. They stayed together out of habit, routine, not love. Marissa keeps claiming that she's innocent and that Candy made up the whole story about her plans to keep Santiago from his son. But if you want to break up with me, Santiago, than say it, yell it! But remember, you complained endlessly about Paulina abandoning you. But you're abandoning me and your son. You dumped me, you betrayed me, you fell in love with my colleague Candy. If you want to be a father to our son you have to take us both. We're a package deal. All or nothing.

We now see Candy getting out an old album of her and Patricio. Gregoria is surprised that she kept anything. I burned the rest, admits Candy. But not this. Gogo starts to pore over the photos exclaiming how cute Pato is (What about me!? asks Candy) and then is dismissed while Candy settles in to enjoy her old memories.

Another mother/daughter scene...this time between Margarita and her daughter-in-law Alicia. Margarita scoffs at first that Gregoria is "just a friend". Arturo never has women friends, she insists. (Well actually,Arturo said the same thing.) How are things with you and Patricio? Margarita continues. Bad. So we get some 'old hand" advice. She tells Alicia that she can't dominate Patricio by force but needs to use her intelligence. Everybody thought I was the victim, continues Margarita, but actually I kept my eyes closed so I could continue traveling, spend all the money I wanted to, and buy anything I wanted to. I decided to stay. And now I'm deciding to leave. You should be docile, Alicia....or at least ACT docile. And try and make up with Candy. Patricio has a weakness for her.

I'm not good at the "papel de sumisa" (role of the submissive one, "little woman") retorts Alicia. Look, I want to help you, insists Margarita. I'm trying to get on your good side because I want to live here. Alicia is amused at her frankness and decides she likes her crafty mother-in-law.

Another ad before we wind up tonight's episode. And then a light moment in questionable taste. Charly is asking Zamora to stand in as his dad in order to pick up Charly's blood test. Zamora thinks that means he has to act gay and he and Toño practice swishing around and critiquing each other's performance.

Arturo now arrives at Alicia's apartment and informs his errant wife that she can't abandon him. She can and she will....for all those affairs, all that yelling and all his arrogance. Well then he'll leave her penniless and in the street. No woman is going to humiliate him! and he slams out the door. Margarita calmly informs Alicia...Well that's the kind of family we are, dear. You just have to learn how to treat men.

Patricio arrives at this moment and Margarita dismisses Arturo's threat by saying Well, you know your papa. And now I'm going to my room because you two (Alicia and Patricio) need to talk. Patricio's not interested in that but Alicia begs him to stay. She realizes she needs to change and she's willing to do anything to please him. He tries to dissuade her but she persists. And I'm even going to ask Candy's forgiveness she adds...I'm doing it for you.

And the episode ends with a final, painful scene between Santiago and Marissa. Now she's assuring him that she won't do anything to hurt her little baby but she'll do anything at all to hurt him, Santiago. Mixed message there for sure. And since this child has "no father" I'll make all the decisions, she adds ominously.

The previews show us a radiant Candy talking to Patricio, saying Ah, my "husband" wants to be my "novio". And then further threats from Marissa. Not a whole lot to look forward to, is there?

Vocabulary:

el rocio matutino = the morning dew....Santiago talking about his daughter and her lovely name
calladita te ves más bonita = you look better silent. shut up.
mini-falda = miniskirt
chinos = curls
jicaros = bald pate, bald head
pelusita de ojo = eyelash
cursi = sentimental, corny
papel de sumisa = submissive role, role of the "little woman"

Labels:


Comments:
Yikes, I definitely don't like these idle threats of bebito harming. No one should should about that. Good they are making us hate her more than feel sorry for her so we can be happy about Santi leaving her despite her prego self.

Nice job as always, I hadn't realized how many scorned there really were!!!
 

joke
 

Thanks for the recap and vocabulary Judy. Your title was very appropriate as well (yikes!!) Also thanks to Hombre and Paula for your recaps and vocab as well; I got behind this weekend.

I can't figure out how this is going Marissa threats are going to get worse but I'm sure they will. I also feel badly for Santi. As Carlos mentioned, just when Santi pulls himself together and is actually free to get Candy, she goes for Pat.

I too don't like threats against babies and children.
 

You know, even though it was an uncomfortable conversation, I think it's superb that Marissa called Candy on keeping Chava from Pato. The difference of course is that Pato didn't know he had a son and Santiago does, but I'm not sure that make's Candy's decision more excusable. Just thinking out loud here, I didn't get to see tonight's episode. (Sharks game again. Violet, your Joe played well tonight!)

I'm a little confused. Are Charly and Lucia engaged? Is that why he went for a blood test?

Sounds like an interesting conversation between Alicia and Margarita, however Alicia is not very good at taking advice.

Judy, thank you for the very vivid recap. I don't feel like I missed much at all. Your title is perfect, Mariloca absolutely personifies the saying. I enjoyed the vocab words too, especially the one about looking better silent. That's a keeper!
 

Kris, you're brutal...but also correct. I would just as soon Marissa disappear.

Going back to a conversation on Monday's recap regarding Raul and Marissa, I think (hope really) that Raul comes around and doesn't stick by Marissa if she decides to do something really horrid like harm the baby or steal it from Santiago. They are kind of a creepy pair of siblings however. I'd have more faith in Raul if he didn't use his entire home as a shrine to his dead wife. Didn't he try to get Candy to wear his wife's wedding dress or something? Doo da doo doo, doo da doo doo...
 

Judy, good recap, nicely pulled together. My condolances, such a downer episode, especially after the triple-crown Thurs, Fri & Monday. I loved the "Pat gaining ground and Santi losing hair." What does everyone think of his new 'do?

He changed his "luke" in real life while Tontas was filming. Lose the wild mop, stop dressing like a 25-year-old, and add some glasses. His first style of specs seemed designed to hide those eyes. The second style, early this year, was just pug ugly, and he accompanied it with a mullet. Fortunately that locura didn't last long. Just a couple weeks ago, he lost the mullet (YEAH!) and went to frameless 'invisible' glasses. I hope he sticks with that. (Melinama, I figure this is pertinent to the show because he changed his look on the show, but I am willing to be corrected.)

Sylvia, Charly got the blood test because he wanted to donate blood for a friend's operation.
 

Fuego...yes, it's going to be necessary for Marissa to do something truly awful for us to be totally okay with Santiago leaving her. Her rage at being dumped and betrayed is perfectly understandable. (I'd even accept some truly wicked fantasizing as long as she kept her thoughts to herself and knew she'd never act on them.) However, as the counselors say, she does seem to lack those all-important "boundaries".
# # #
Sylvia, Hope the Sharks won in addition to Joe playing well. I too liked Marissa bracing Candy about her actions. She was totally spot on there. Candy seemed to wobble a bit before climbing back on her pedestal.
# # #
Karen, I actually went to bed last night sick to my stomach (alright, part of that was working on my income taxes) but also because any talk of threats to harm babies literally makes me sick. As do the stories of actual abuse. Awful story line at present.

# # #
Paula, thanks for clearing up the detail about Charly donating blood for a friend's operation. I'd forgotten that scene from....last week was it? And since he and Lucia were prattling on about marriage last night, a lot of casual viewers might have jumped to that conclusion.

As for Santi's hair, only the Fea Mas Bella look for me, thanks. Otherwise....whatever.
 

The Sharks did win...barely. After a 3-0 lead (and some great playing by The Wild) they gave it up and the game ended 4-4. They won in OT, gah!

Yes, thanks Paula for clearing things up. The editing on this show tends to be so jumpy it's hard to keep track of what's going on.

Kris, I can understand why this talk of harming babies can be upsetting. Sadly our beloved TNs have a history of doing terrible things to children, kidnappings, swaps, boiling your child like a lobster (Mundo de Fieras), putting a baby in the window hoping it will catch cold and die (Barrera de Amor). So far Tontas has been upbeat and we've managed to avoid such dire fates.
 

Judy, a great(as always) recap. I was surprised by Santi's haircut. It reminded me of Juan's(JQ)new look. I cannot see any way at this point for things with Marissa and the baby to go well, but this is after all a comedy, isn't it. Somehow I completely missed the circumstances surrounding Charly's blood test. What friend and why would Meño object? I must have dozed off at some point.

Carlos
 

I'm delighted with Santi's haircut.
 

I like Santi's cut, maybe not as much as a little longer but with that face anything would look good.
Now just add a jar of hair gel and our old Fernando from LaFea would be back!
I feel that in the end Mariloca might disappear but Santi will save the baby. Hope that's just not wishful thinking on my part.
I'm getting really tired of Candy's flip flopping between Santi and Pato.
Poor Soledad, I wish she would find someone really nice to love her. She deserves it.

Carrie L.
 

Hi guys...nice to find your comments after I got back from the grocery (always an alarming experience with the way prices are going up).

Carlos, I have to say I found your comment on MEPS hilarious. You are a sly dog. I'm fine with Santiago's shorter cut, really. Looks more professional...as did Juan's on JQ. Of course I came of age in the crew cut and Old Spice era, so that may be why.
# # #

Sylvia, glad your guys won. I hate overtime games. With our very thin Buckeye bench, it's usually a recipe for disaster. Glad your team slipped through.
# # #

Emilia, good to hear from you. I'm assuming you're fully healed now and ready to kick up a storm. Hope so. Gotta keep that Mike in line.
# # #

Carrie L. Don't know about you but initially I was repelled by Jaime Camil's gel look on Fea, but as I fell in love with the character (totally, it was embarrasing) I fell in love with the look as well. I am now a recovering Camilaholic.
# # #

Working on my Colunga issues now!
 

I have to say Judy that I liked Camil's looks in LaFea from the beginning and ditto for Colunga in Alborada.
Colunga's Alborada look is still my favorite for him as is Camil's as Don Fernando in LaFea.
LaFea took me a while to get into but once I did I was hooked!
Now anything with Camil can bring me in.
I'm loving Tontas and know it will be another period of mourning when it ends!!!

Carrie L.
 

I haven't watched Alborada yet Carrie, but I know from seeing the promos that I agree with you on Colunga's look. That beard and the swarthy tan....irresistable. Looks dangerous and yummy at the same time. An unbeatable combination.
 

Go Team Pato! :)
-------------
I really like the new haircut on Santiago. It puts the focus back on his great face and away from those crazy curls.
-----------
Am I the only one seeing some anvils on the way connected with this blood test? Some weeks ago when Charlie went through his wild phase, didn't he sleep with a "bad" girl without a condom? Didn't the drug dealer specifically ask him about this? I don't know if HIV/AIDS (SIDA) has ever been brought into a telenovela, or if they would do that to such a young and likeable character, but it would make sense. Sorry for the forboding. I really hope I'm wrong.

-Vivi in DC
 

Hi Judy, I'm doing great - still can't play the violin (never could, actually!) Ready to keep Mike in line, and that's no easy task!
I do read the recaps and comments every day, I just don't have much to add. Soaps for me are just escape, so I don't really plumb their depths to any degree. Maybe I'm just too shallow.... And y'all are so clever and good with wordplay, I'm out of my league. I'll try to pop up more often.
 

Vivi, oh crap! I'll bet that your foreboding about Charly's blood test is right. This can't be good.

Carlos
 

I think Santiago looks very handsome with his short hair.

Sylvia, glad your guys won. I missed most of this episode due to watching my team TANK. I see their lead dwindling and dwindling. See, we really do need Joe Thornton back!

I hope nothing ominous is revealed regarding Charly's blood test. I don't want Meño to suffer any heartache, I love that man!
 

Judy, another great recap of an episode with a lot of hurt feelings, as you pointed out.

Not that it would make much difference at this point, but I think Santi still hasn't said to Marissa, I don't love you. He should have said it long ago, and now he said they both realized they were going through the motions, but that's not the same thing as outright saying it. And then he'd have to apologize for not telling her earlier, but could try to point out that it's best for all of them, that she'd never be happy with a husband who didn't love her.

However, Mari is already off the rails, and I don't think anything can stop her from doing some sort of major damage at this point (although I don't have any idea just what she could do). And I really felt that her brother Raúl looked just like her at one point, they both have a sort of crazed look.
 

Ay yi yi...Vivi, Carlos...you may be right. Hate these sinister premonitions. But there must be some plot reason for this storyline....and it's bound to be dramatic.
# # #

Emilia, I'm like you, I watch these for "escape" (and to learn Spanish, naturally) but I've spent so many years analyzing lit in school that I guess it now just runs on automatic. And then there's all those counseling books I've studied....so it's hard for me to just let things lie. Oh well.
# # #

Violet...I'm so impressed that you can drive from Providence to New York. When we lived in Bryn Mawr, I never ever drove into Philadelphia. Handling the traffic in the suburbs was all I could handle. And I was a lot younger then.
 

Hombre...missed your comment while I was making mine. Interesting point that Santiago has never said he doesn't love Marissa anymore. As a matter of fact, have we ever heard him say he DOES? Don't remember "te amo" coming out of his lips EVER when he spoke to her.

However you're right...those are two crazed siblings....and nothing bodes well coming from that direction. There's going to be some real drama in this "light comedy" I fear.
 

Judy, I am shocked that I drive to NYC also as I HATE driving even in Providence, but have to as that is where my college is. Go figure and I always end up in Queens or Brooklyn too. Next month, I'm taking the train!
 

Charly got the blood test in the handcuffs episode. Lucía accompanied him and showered him with kisses for being so gallant. The reason got only one line of script, "I want to donate blood for a friend who's having an operation" o algo así. And yes, he slept with the other girl at the dealer's party without a condom, and later he found out she was the dealer's ex-girlfriend.

Judy, you said, "I am now a recovering Camilaholic. Working on my Colunga issues now!" First, let it be known, I never had a crush on Camil. Only on Don Fernando! Second, regarding Colunga issues, why fight it? Run with it! BTW, my favorite Colunga look is from Amor Real, after he's been working hard all day.

Carrie, you said, "I'm loving Tontas and know it will be another period of mourning when it ends!!!" The bad news is, he says he won't do another novela for at least five years (but if Colombia came knocking, I think he'd answer). The good news is, his next movie (filming in May?) is a Warner project in English & Spanish about a tango legend. Camil plays the star's friend. So we should get Camil dancing and speaking English. I'm so there!

As for Santi and Mar, she was always just a bit of fluff to him, nothing more, and his mom tried to remind him of that back when he was falling for Candy and still could have set things right.
 

NO,NO Paula, 5 years!!!!!!!!
Ok, I'll try to be calm and look forward to the movie.
Singing and dancing, yes I'd love to see that.
Five years without a Camil novela?
I don't know if I can handle that.

I don't think you can beat Colunga for looks, but, Camil has that beautiful face and puppy dog eyes.
Colunga is definitely "dangerous and yummy"!
Camil gives the best on screen kisses I've ever seen.

You've got a great way with words Judy! Dangerous and yummy will definitely stick in my mind.

Carrie L.
 

Hi ! I'm still trying to get interested in this show, but I did want to join in the vote for Fernando's look in Alborada...tall, dark, and andsome with the mustache and beard and the swarthy complexion.....and riding on a black stallion. HAVE MERCY. Such is the stuff that dreams are made of. He's looking pretty good in MEPS despite the short haircut and cinco o'clock shadow...very richo suave. I like him in the black sweater and tight jeans of mourning.
 

Hmmmm...now here's a subject I can really get into. The best part of Colunga's look on MEPS is his longer hair in the back. Can't you just imagine yourself running your hands through that hair, getting a really good grip and then......

Whoops, got diverted there. Great to hear from you Susanlynn. We miss your regular hilarious comments, and have to go looking for them in that other neighborhood.

Carrie, I'm afraid I've had a thing for yummy but dangerous men ever since the hormones hit. Being raised Presbyterian, I never acted on it but it sure fueled some wonderful "telenovelas" in my head.

Paula, I was like you, loved the character Jaime played... not him. Guess I should have said I was a recovering Fernadoholic.

My son is now agitating to watch a soccer game on the family computer so will sign off for a while....
 

Carrie, Camil actually has several movies in various stages:
A proposito de Alexa, finished, not yet released
* All inclusive (Todo incluido), Release in MX May 09.
* Salvando a (Rescatando al) soldado perez. Begin filming, 9/08
* Regresa, begin filming 10/08
* Dare to love me, the tango one. Should be released in December 2010
* Las Bicicletas, status unknown
* Luka y gala, only on drawing board.

See, Carrie, you obviously need the LFMB complete set - to tide you over! (g)
 

Ummm, I thought Gregoria looked mucho caliente in her flannel nightgown the other day...
 

Ahhh, Judyb, you can really paint a picture with words and set a mood. I was waiting for more, but I guess I have to fill-in-the blanks of the scenario you set up myself : It was a dark and stormy night.....
 

Shall we combine yours and Mike's and make it..."It was a dark and stormy night and Gregoria appeared in her flannel nightgown"?

Nah...that wouldn't fly. Good try though Mike. Too funny.

Sure hope my kids never read these blogs.

Susanlynn, do you remember that funny scene in Risky Business where the attractive professional young woman arrives at Tom's house and the storm arises and the French doors blow open like in a horror/mystery movie? Almost as funny as when he did his dance to the Bob Seger number. What a movie!

Sorry, off-topic again. Let's close our eyes and think about....er, this telenovela.
 

Judy, thanks for another great recap with vocabulary. I appreciate your work for us.

This story is really crazy, I liked it better when Santi had both Candy and more hair but he is so handsome, he would probably look fine with a shaved head. But the plot must go on, I know.
 

Thank you Paula for all the Camil film updates!
Yes, I have the cropped version but never invested in the full length.
Someday I'll have to take the plunge.

Candy is getting to be super annoying.
If she and Pat got together is there anyone else other than Mariloca for Santi????
I guess it will all work out in the end?

Carrie L.
 

Carrie, my dear, you've been saying that for two years! (g)
 

Ha! You're right Paula, sometimes I'm a little slow! You ought to see the piles of papers in my home that I have meant to sort through for way more than two years.
What can I say, I'm full of good intentions but life sometimes gets in the way!

Carrie L.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder