Monday, March 02, 2009

"Tras La Verdad" - FELS - Sun., Mar. 1st

Well, I’m glad I recharged my beanie early this weekend because I needed it for one last fling with FELS on the show Tras La Verdad. This isn’t a recap of the show, just my personal epitaph.

I have to admit that as stupid as most parts of this TN was, it wasn’t until seeing the clips from the show tonight that I realized I was really going to miss it. Laugh at me if you want, I’m sentimental sometimes. When I was little girl my mother said I used to cry whenever my father bought a new car, because I felt bad for the old one! LOL! No tears for FELS, like I had for Alborada and Pasion, though. But I will miss some of the characters, the good and the bad. The audacity of Gabriela, the psychotic Feo (Cantú - who was probably the best actor of all), Oscar, who of the three brothers was the most likeable, and Jimena, the most likeable of the three sisters. I will not miss Sofia, Quintina, or Eva, at all. C’mon, you know you’ll miss it a little bit, right?

I loved the theme song and I miss hearing it daily. In fact, the Friday of the last capitulo I was riding on a bus in Mexico City and the bus driver had a Vicente Fernandez CD playing, and “Para Siempre” came on, and I thought of all of us that were going to be so happy this TN was finally over.

Some chisme related to FELS that I’m sure most of you already know, but in case you don’t: Tio Elf is Vicente Ferdandez, Jr., son of Vicente Fernandez, the most famous singer probably of all time in Mexico (who sings the theme song, “Para Siempre”), and brother of Alejandro Ferndandez who is a great singer also, and incredibly gorgeous! Vicente Jr. (Tio Elf) was kidnapped for ransom a few years back, and they cut off two of his fingers from the knuckle. I don’t think they showed his fingers in the TN, but I’ve seen him in concert with his father and it’s very obvious. Also, the host of the show “Tras La Verdad”, Mara Patricia Castañeda, married Vicente Jr., about a year ago.

It was really fun watching FELS with all of you, I enjoyed every recap with all of the laughs and pure snark. Thanks again to everyone!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Melissa!

I can't laugh at you, because I get sad about saying goodbye to old cars too, even crummy ones (except for the Aspen).

I do miss the FELS music a little. The music in MEPS falls short. It isn't doing anything for me at all.

Other than the music, though, I don't miss FELS at all. Not even a little.

But it was SO much fun getting together with the gang, virtually, each day for those 9 or 10 months, whatever it was, trying to make sense of it all. It really inspired people's imaginations, too! That, I will miss!
 

Yes indeed, thanks Melissa. I too miss FELS, but starting to get over it. It was fun. If you liked Oscar, tune in during the day and catch him on Marian de la Noche. I think he is better there (and younger).
I miss the music most of all. It's wait and see for the MEPS music. Right now, can't really remember anything about it. When Pasion came on, I missed the Destilando music, but by the time it was done, I really liked the Pasion theme, too. I have Tras La Verdad on tape. I'll be taking a peek at it one of these days. :-)
Jeff in MN
 

Melissa, I loved the music and bought the cd a long time ago. I do miss Fuego, I thought it redeemed itself the last few weeks. Overall, I miss Juan's smile and the outstanding performances by Feo and Crabi.

Thanks so much. Diana in MA
 

I know that all of you were complaining about the show ending, and I was sad to see it go. However, I went to Puerto Rico the week after it was over and was too busy packing the last night (and still to busy to watch the tape) to watch the gran finale. I was getting kind of weepy until I got to Puerto Rico and saw on Monday night (02/23) that Fuego en La Sangre was on Univision Puerto Rico, but it was from back when Rosario was still alive and she and Franco were discussing something outside of a church. Then I felt very sorry for them, because they still have a long way to go in Puerto Rico.

I have been waiting to post this somewhere, so I hope people will read it. I got back too late to post it with the gran finale commments.

If you really miss it, you know that you have about a good year left to get on a plane to PR :-) Hope to see you all in other fourms.

SKOLI
 

Check out Cristina tonight, I think Gariela, Padre Tadeo, Ruth, Quintina are going to be on.
 

Awww, this feels like a little mini-reunion. I really do miss FELS.
Now I no longer get Univision, so can't even console myself by watching TBLMOE, Fernando Colunga.
Bye, everyone, I miss chatting with you all every night!
"Creemelo"
 

Bye, Cree! :(
 

Julie, you are one delightful lady. I'll miss you.
"Cree"
 

i must agree...i too felt sad when it was finished...it was too much...it had been on for a very long time, and you kind of grow in the custom of this show becoming a part of your nightly routine, whether it was to turn on or turn away from the show for that night...i know i was at tug of war with that question anyway LOL...but for me i have to say i do get sad when i finish a book i read...the characters no matter how sad our stupid they are..they do in some way become a part of your life for that moment...so when it finishes you feel like a door has closed that you know will not open again...okay i said my boring peace....bye :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder