Monday, June 15, 2009

MEPS 6-15: Barbara discovers the reports of Aurora's death have been greatly exaggerated.

I missed the repeats from yesterday and came in as Barbara - after having hauled the decrepit paterfamilias ashes most thoroughly - whimpered: she's fearful for her old age because his children don't care for her. He says he'll take care of it and she makes him promise not to tell the kids what she said. Her thoughtbubble: "I'll use all your dough to destroy you and your odious family, and then I'll make sure the biz with Franco putrifies."

"What does it matter what I think, if you've already accepted Franco's proposal?" asks Fer (on the phone to Errika). Err: "What girl would turn down being presented as the fiancee of a guy as cute as Franco? I'll be the envy of everybody." Fer changes the subject and asks about Err's parents. She hears the pregnancy of Err's ma is actually menopause, well DUH, and they agree the mom needs to be coddled a bit. Err goes back to blabbing about Fr/Ed but suddenly the police are at Fer's door so she hangs up with some relief.

No police - it's actually Santiago, they embrace happily, he pulls Aurora into the room and they're all three happy. "Lazarus, risen from the dead!" Fer exclaims.

Margarita is reading about the artisan's fair that will be under the aegis of the new community center (I think). Jacinto enters, in his jammies, and they are all cozy and cuddly. Stupidly - since he was about to get lucky - he brings up the awkward situation at Fr/Ed's - Gardenia's righteous rage against that gum-popping Mary Magdalene aka Venus that Martina has dragged in from the ashes of the Bad Love Bar.

Margarita is very jealous because Venus is so good-looking and a lady of easy virtue to boot. Jacinto has to exert himself to get back in her good graces.

During the whole hour, Fr/Ed and Esteve kill a lot of time wondering what to do about Venus. They want to find work for her as a favor to Martina, but Venus cheerfully admits she has no skills other than mud-wrestling and whatever happens when she is alone with her clients at night. And there's the problem of Gardenia and her righteous rage.

Fr/Ed interviews the gum-popping Jezebel. Steve has an idea of what to do for/with her - but we don't find out what it is. We just know Fr/Ed is adamantly opposed, even though it is not the opening of a new "mud shop + little house of love." Maybe tomorrow we'll find out. The lads agree Venus is the most honest women they've ever known. Hmm.

Santi brings breakfast to Aurora. They are cheerful canoodlers when Barbara enters, muy impactada to discover Cigarman was wrong about Aurora being dead. She tries to be friendly but is very bad at it. She interrogates Aurora about where she's been, her family, etc. and gets a bunch of lies in return. She tells Santi he is her favorite stepchild and he wants to barf.

Aurora is telling Santi she needs something to do while she's at the hacienda. Gonzo comes in, gives her a somewhat lukewarm greeting (he and Barbara think the Aurora/Santi relationship is too "relaxed"), and asks to speak with Santi alone. In the study, he fiercely complains about his other children being unfair and hard towards Barbara, and says, "I trust you Santi, you are fair. Fer is trying to separate me from my wife. Nobody messes with my honey bun."

Barbara enters, playfully ruffles Santi's hair, he leaves, she points out how her loving overtures to Santi were rebuffed. Gonzo says he's going to a lawyer to make sure Barbara is well taken care of after his death [A death which, given that very fact, might well be coming along sooner than he expects. --Ed.]

Barbara whimpers that Santi considers her an "intrusion" and says she's sorry to be breaking the happy harmony of the family with her little worries. She gives Gonzo more sugar on his way out.

Aurora asks Santi if he mentioned the Gonzo look-alike banging on Dominga's door. No, there were other things on the agenda. They agree they don't want to say anything about Aurora's family so they drop it. "But gee whiz, he sure looked a lot like your dad.". Pris is

Barbara/Rebeca calls Cigarman and asks, "How are you so sure the girl is dead?" He tells her about the fire and says, "It's the best thing that could have happened - she was very dangerous." He hangs up. Barbara thinks she knows what happened, her thought-bubble goes: "Aw, she got tired of screwing you, you decrepit old monster, and decided to go for the young handsome rich Elizalde boy instead, so you tried to 'eliminate' her."

Fer visits Prisila in bed. Pris is wearing, as Ferro has described it, 'makeup that's supposed to look like she isn't wearing makeup.' We hear again that Pris may lose the baby if she doesn't rest.

I hope you remember: Fer was in her car spying when Pris went into Vladimir's apartment, and she therefore knows Pris was lying yesterday when Fer called and asked her to lunch and Pris said, "can't, I'm at the spa."

Fer asks about the spa, gets more horse hockey, says Anibal is a beast for telling Pris: "If you lose the baby, well, that's destiny for ya." Finally she asks, "Do you know Vladimir?" She wonders about his working for Pris's family... she leaves and Pris is in anguish wondering whether Damien spilled the beans about baby's daddy. "No, we had a deal, he has to stick with it!"

Camilo and Jacinto have yet another horn-locking confrontation in the stable. Many threats. Barbara is watching from behind a tree or something. Jacinto is not intimidated and says Camilo must come back tomorrow if he wants the car back. "Jacinto, don't push me or your life is in danger!" "That's been the case since my sainted mother gave birth to me." Camilo kicks a wall.

Flor cries a lot, tells Margarita she's been fired, they go to see Fer, there is sympathy but no resolution. Meanwhile, Anibal gives the KEYS to the SPECIAL IMPORTANT SUPER SECRET ARCHIVES to VLADIMIR while the search for a new secretary goes forward. Vlad uncomfortably opines that firing was too harsh a punishment for Flor (remember, it was Vlad that did the deed and then fingered Flor for it). AB says, my decisions are not open to discussion.

Tomorrow: Fr/Ed gets the special important papers from Cero's wife.

Labels:


Comments:
I wonder if Bravo will knock off Gonzo and then appear as Gonzo?
 

Appreciated the brisk recap, Melinama. Thank you.

Didn't Jacinto say something to Camilho about Barbara misleading Gonzo about how the car went missing?
Whatever it was, it infuriated Camilho more than ever.
 

Thanks, Melinama. So, is Esteve going to transform Venus into secretarial material for the recently vacated position at Grupos Lacking ??? Maybe he will wash off some of that makeup, wrestle that wild head of hair into a bun, dress her in a staid suit, confiscate the bubble gum , and...volia! Here's your new secretary/spy , Any?balls !!
 

Thank you for the recap, melinama.

Venus' gum popping was rather overdone, as well as the hair shaking. One would'a thawt da goil came from Brooklyn, aw da Bronx! Gimmeabreak. :rolls eyes:
 

Thanks, Melinama for the recap. I was especially welcome, because I watched it youtube, and it was actually the NEXT episode, so you really filled in some blanks. What an idiota soy. I watched on youtube b/c I can't get my digital converted to work b/c I can't get my old tv on channel 3. Yhe manual tuner has it deeply engrained that it will hit only the channels where there has been a signal, and the remote now has decided that it only wants to control the volume. Maybe it's time to join the 21st century and buy a flat screen, and new amtenna, they have these new fangled omni-directional models that are so much better, they say. Till I do pull the rtigger on a new setup, I be relying on you guys even more, so especial thanks to all!
 

Doris, thank you for conveying my thoughts perfectly about Venus. Well done (and very funny).

I like the scenes between Cam and Jacinto, especially when Cam kicks walls.

Fun recap, thank you.
 

Thanks Melinama for the recap. I thought this episode was kind of boring. Aurora...ack. I hope Nanda fixes the Flor problem. That was just ridiculous. If you want info to be a secret you have to put it in a super secret location instead of under your desk where anyone can find it!
 

Hi. Thanks very much for the recap. I see that, as usual, I understood less than I thought! I'm writing now just to say that this recap lacks an MEPS header and is not indexed. I don't know how to do that and I'm running late, so I hope someone else can take care of this.
 

Melinama, thanks for this great recap. Little Aurora is at least smiling some. I couldn't tell if Babs was glad to see her alive or not. I'm really struggling to like Aurora, maybe if she'd demonstrate some useful skill or a creative thought. Right now for me, she just is.

Carlos
 

Jésus, María y Jose, what's with the p.j.'s in this novela? Where did Jacinto find those? At least Jacinto has a good vida sexual.

I think Jacinto asked why Babs would take the blame for the car? Probably to let Camilo know he is aware they are in cahoots.

Artemio's birth certificate will reveal his parentage & the connection to Gonzo. Odd that Soledad would have the birth certificate. Maybe Artemio is Eduardo's padre, as has been said. If Art & Babs are Aurora's parents, that makes Babs Fr/Ed's madrasta also & Aurora his half sister. Oh good grief, tengo un dolor de cabeza.
 

I took careful notes during Venus's job inteview, because it's the opposite of what I've been doing, and I haven't had any luck. Clearly I need to change my tactics. Did she also put her feet up on the table at one point? (I'm not sure if I actually saw it, or only vividly imagined how funny it would be.)

I am dying to know what Esteve's plan for her is! I like Susanlynn's "Pygmalion Project" idea - especially the face-washing part - but I thought Esteve also hinted about a job that would use her existing skills.

Could that possibly mean a mud-wrestling match between her and Camilo? I'd buy tickets to that one!
 

Thank you, Variopinta, for answering my question. I like seeing Jacinto twisting Camhilo's, umm, dangling participles, but I also worry that he may getting in deeper than the knows, if Babs finds out what's going on.
 

Julie, don't forget you have to take your gum out of your mouth and play with it and then stick it back in. Gross...
 

I kicked a wall once. I was in boot camp but wasn't wearing boots.
Broke a toe. Afraid to tell the sergeant, so I never saw a doctor. Ever done push-ups with a broken toe? No fun.

Lesson learned. Don't kick walls. Then again, I kicked the wall because I was so mad, I wanted to hit Pvt. Huckins. Good thing I didn't. She would've broken a lot more than my toe.
 

Thanks for the recap, Melinama.

Anibal is so stupid and trusting. Right, the new guy has told him he worked at the competition, but he doesn't check. Then same new guy tells him he got the minutes that Flor had charge of from the competition. Again, Ani doesn't check. So now he gives the new guy all the key to the super important archives. Of course, knowing Ani is Gonzo's son, we shouldn't be surprised by his poor judgment.
 

Thank you Melinama.

While giggling over the guys dilemma with 'a honest' hooker I wondered how long will it take for them to go back to her childhood? ...Interview question: Did you paint on the walls as a child? Now you could paint the horse stables, inside and out, with an eyeliner brush. Keeps her out of Gardenia's territory too.
Or another interview question:Did you ever do any backyard vegetable gardening? Now you will put in a vegetable patch or several, out at the other edge of the property not near the road.
Ending interview question: How do you feel about wearing a uniform? This will eliminate the war of having Gardenia teach her about business attire. And some gardeners do wear string bikinis so she should be required to wear an approved uniform.
 

I really can't stand Any Balls. He is such a bully. I worked for a guy once who was just awful. One day my typewriter (yes a typewriter) was having problems and it would make this high pitched beeping sound. He came flying out of his office and started screaming at me about my typewriter being too loud. WTF! Then he stomped back to his office. He liked to make the "girls" cry. I didn't cry.
 

"after having hauled the decrepit paterfamilias ashes most thoroughly".....Man, you come up with some great lines, Melinama. Thanks for the recap. The episode WAS somewhat boring, but the recap was great.
 

Maybe Esteve's plan involes making Venus a spy. Do you think she's smart enough? Well if she's honest--not so sure about that. It would involve using her current skills. Who would be the object of such a ruse? Cad? Anibol? Gonzo? Nah! AB? Replacing Flor would be good (if she got through the interview) but then what would Fer do with Flor? I don't think she would want to go back to GL.

--Beth
 

Thanks Melinama for your always enjoyable recap. Comments by Gonzo marked the end of my defending him. Initially I felt that Babs is such a smooth operator until just about any red blooded old widower would fall for her charming deciet. After his put down comment about Nanda in favor of Babs, well I'm having second thoughts.
I enjoyed Venus up to a point but as I watched her hair and gum tactics I couldn't help but think "That's the type behavior that makes all trailer trash look bad"
Carlos, I admire you for trying to like Aurora since it's obvious that she is going to appear in each and every episode. Maybe I'll try that instead of letting her annoy me so much. PS: I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk as rapid as Jacinto did last night when he was pleading with Margarita. I didn't understand a single word he said .
 

I think Camilo would really like Venus, he just won't introduce her to the family.
 

I know, I know!!!! They are going to send Venus to charm school.
 

Is the Las Animas HOUSE the Camil ranch? Jaime Camil Senior (the actor's father) owns a ranch that was used in LFMB as the equestrian club. I thought I recognized the horse coral of Las Animas as being the same property. There is a distinctive mountain in the background. Also publicity about the finale says that part of it was shot at the Camil ranch, so I think it's a safe bet that the Las Animas grounds are the Camil ranch.

What I'm trying to figure out, is the Las Animas HOUSE EXTERIOR the Camil ranch as well, or only the grounds?
 

I'm thinkin' Barb is overdoing the job with Gonzo. Art probably wants Gonzo to be in his right mind and understand he has been had. Barb is busy destroying Gonzo's last brain cell.

And Anibal is his father's child. Did'nt he tell somebody he is closely watching Vlad - the BFF of that exstortionist, Damian?! NOW he gives him the keys to the kingdom?! Be happy Pris, be very happy.
 

Does any one know what Soledad stored under the floorboards in Lili's room??? As S was doing it she was speaking to Lili who was in a daze and I couldn't understand what she was saying.

Is it of any importance???

Ann-NYC
 

Great recap Melinama. Your succinct style conveys everything so well - thank you.

I'm also enjoying everyone's comments (as usual). I felt badly for Pris. Has hubby always treated her with distain and indifference? Just wondering if there was ever any love there on his part. I think he's a brute and as bad if not worse than Cad. Whether or not Pris ends up with Vlad, I hope she gets away from Anibal in the end.

Diana in MA
 

Gracias, Melinama. I have no hope of ever keeping up with the dialogue...once again, recappers to the rescue!

Huge complaint: why didn't Fr/Ed strip down to some short shorts & no tee so he could work out with Esteve? C'mon, folks, we're in need of a little eye candy pronto!

Any Balls/Brains deserves whatever anvil falls on his head. Same goes for Gonzo the Gullible & NaranHo. Santi & Fern can't possibly be related to these idiots but unlike Carlos, I don't have the strength to untangle the DNA strands.

Hmmm...Babs thinks Abora was doing FArtemio? Now I'm really confused.

Venus Flytrap could be Fr/Ed's Matta Hari. I'd say NaranHo is probably the best candidate for her subtle charms.

Maggarita
:-D
 

I was thinking yesterday that "Bravo" was an assumed name, but I dumbly forgot that that was the name on the birth certificate. So, uh, never mind that comment I made yesterday.

Hi Ann from NYC, the thing that Soledad hid under the floor in Lili's room was a box containing Artemio Bravo's birth certificate. Also, hidden, was a cryptic letter to Eduardo.

Lili brought the box to her friend Ciro's room. Ciro saw the birth certificate, but not knowing who Artemio Bravo was, he disregarded it. The box stayed in his room.

Later, he dropped the box, which knocked loose the hidden letter from Soledad. He gave the letter to Eduardo shortly before dying.

Ciro's wife found the box and took it, thinking it might have clues to Ciro's valuable patents. She showed it and the birth certificate to Lili, hoping that Lili would recognize the name. She didn't, but she took back the now-empty box.

Ciro's wife still has the birth certificate, but Lili and/or Martina repeated the name Artemio Bravo to Fr/Ed. That's why he recognized the name when that also turned out to be the name of the guy who had menaced both Gardenia and Padre Bosco.

I hope that answers your question!
 

Anna NYC: I think the box that Soledad put under the floorboards was the same box that Lili gave to Ciro; then Ciro's wife got a hold of it & found the birth certificate.

I think. Maybe. Not 100% sure.

Maggarita
:-?
 

Did we decide not to trust Wikipedia? I went back there to see if they had more info on Abora and I read something (not about her) that I don't remember seeing in there before. It's kind of a spoiler so don't go if you don't want to know! :-P
 

Thanks for the recap.

I think Venus could be a cook - she braggged that she could cook better than Gardenia or a guard. Either one of those occupations could come with benefits.

She's made no excuses nor tried to hide her trade.
 

Connie, I just looked at the revision history for that wikipedia page, and someone has definitely been up to mischief lately. A few days ago, they changed the number of episodes to 316, and someone changed it back to 170, for example.

If you're referring to the thing I think you're referring to, that change was made yesterday (from a different IP address than the change to the number of episodes, but that doesn't prove anything). I don't know whether the change they made was true or not, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Who knows, though, since the show just ended in Mexico. Maybe it was revealed in the very last episode. In any case, we'll find out sooner or later.
 

Thinking back to what JeffMN said about Barb being into mental torture, yep. She has killed at least once we're sure of but...she didn't kill Lucio. She choose to lock him away for ever. She could but has not had killed Lili. She made plans to torture her to insanity but not to death. She agitates Gonzo although she could easily overdose his sleepy time milk.
 

Something that occurred to me last night was, why was Esteve jogging on a treadmill when he had that beautiful Mexican countryside available to run in? Is he afraid of bandits? Jacy could accompany him on his bike. What a waste of energy and pretty scenery.

Carlos
 

I wonder if it's Art's birth certificate or if he's listed as the father of the person on the certificate [Fr/ed ? Abora ?]. Barb thought bubbles That Art must have been having a thing with Abora , so perhaps she was in Abora's place when she was young and figures the same thing is happening to Abora. However, did the writers give us any indication that Art was bunny hopping with Snow White ?
 

Great recap, Melinama.

I'm fed up to the teeth with Gonzo. What an imbecile! A child could see through Babs' tricks. First the black negligee and then the waterworks. From the conversation in his office, it sounds like he's hotfooting it to his lawyer to change his will. I certainly hope they don't kill him off still in blind ignorance. I want him to KNOW how much of a fool he's been.

Yeah, Venus' trailer trash act was way over the top. Gardenia is going to be mighty pissed when she finds out that Freduardo and Esteve totally approved of Venus telling them exactly where her talents lay. Gardenia's getting worse and worse, hiding behind furniture to eavesdrop on Venus and Martina. It's way past time for Freduardo to put her in her place.

The logic of why Babs feels she has to destroy Abora is lost on me.
 

Good point Carlos! And does he only own sweats and t-shirts? He could at least wear some jeans once in a while. He wouldn't look as good as Fr/Ed of course.
 

Julie and Maggarita: thanks for clearing up what Soledad hid and did with what she put under the floorboards.

Ann-NYC

Also, thanks Melinama so much for the recap. My spanish is very limited.....
 

Babs wants to destroy Aurora? I thought she was trying to protect her from Artemio and that's why she didn't tell him she's still alive.
 

Ann-NY: sorry I added an "a" onto your name...my daughter's name is Anna so it's automatic in my pea brain!

Maggarita
 

Anon at 4:13:

When Babs first found the handkerchief with the RS initials on it, she thought bubbled something about having to destroy Aurora. I still don't understand why. I also don't understand why she'd keep her being alive from AB if she earlier wanted to destroy her. Am I nuts? Did I imagine Babs thought bubbling about destroying Aurora and/or ruining all her happiness? My understanding is that when AB was so emphatic that her child was born dead, she then started her "hate Aurora" thoughts, apparently because she then was sure Aurora wasn't her spawn.

I think I need a new beanie.
 

I can't figure out how Aurora could be muy peligrosa. It seems she was (pure) until Santiago.

Babs maybe didn't want to kill Lili, she only wanted her brains fried with meds. But supposedly she killed her parents.

I wonder what she has in mind for Jacinto, since she overheard he & Camilo talking?

There will probably be mucho trouble from Gardenia, woman scorned etc. etc. etc.

It seems anyone can chg Wiki, & you know what that means, mucho misinformation & people that just want to f around.

I'm actually sorry that Gracelia & Simon won't be visiting Artemio. That would have been fun.
 

Aren't the childhood letters from Fernanda to Eduardo in the closet in the room where Martina & Venus are sleeping? Maybe Venus brings Fr/Ed or Esteve the gym bag.
 

Do most police in Mexico just head on into a house and beat a path to the bedroom in order to talk with someone? Guess Fernanda thinks so.
 

I thought that was a little weird too, but maybe Fernanda was thinking something about Damian, still weird.
 

Thanks, Melinama, for the recap and you do have a lovely voice singing in English and Spanish.

Connie, talk about men degrading women, I caught a glimpse of a PBS documentary where a man was beating with a stick a poor woman in a burkah on the street because... get this...her shoes were too noisy. GinCA
 

GinCA, doesn't that just make you crazy? Poor thing. But you know if she had fought back she would have been killed probably.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder