Monday, June 15, 2009

New series: En Nombre del Amor

Coming July 6 after Cuidado ends.

Leticia Calderón is a ruthless killer; Victoria Ruffo is her submissive sister. Alisson Lozz is their niece-victim, and Arturo Peniche is the priest who awakens her lust! All this in the new version of Cadenas de Amargura (Bitter Chains). Filmed in Real Del Monte, Hidalgo. Other Guapos faves appear too, such as Laura Flores and Altair Jirabo.

Sinopsis

An automobile accident that took the life of her parents left Paloma at the mercy of her aunts, the Misses Espinoza de Los Monteros. Although one aunt, Macarena, loves Paloma, she’s too weak to fight against her evil sister Carlota, who tortures the girl emotionally to break her.

Paloma is resigned to her lot of being a half prisoner of Carlota until adulthood. She finds refuge at the convent where she studies and has a good friend in the rebellious Romina, her classmate and neighbor.

The years pass, and Paloma and Romina become pretty teenagers, united as best friends. But love enters their lives. Romina becomes the girlfriend of Emiliano Sanz, a newcomer in town, but he also has an interest in Paloma. And Paloma has begun a secret romance with Inaki, a young Spanish boy.

Aunt Macarena finally dares to go against her sister’s will and supports her niece’s romance. Paloma begins to ask questions. Why has Macarena dared to confront Carlota now when she has lived for years under her dominance? Paloma discovers that Macarena has a terrible secret. But soon, Inaki and Macarena will die under mysterious circmstances.

Paloma finds refuge in her friendship with Emiliano, but their friendship becomes love, separating her forever from her childhood friend Romina. Then Padre Cristobal enters her life. He is a tortured priest who has a strong link with all the lies and intrigues of Carlota.

Who knows what will happen in the name of love?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
The ads for this show look really dark and brooding. I admit I'm intrigued. :-)
 

Yeah, some months ago I watched part of Episode 1 on YouTube, and it was eerie.
 

I didn't watch this version while it was on because they showed it too early and I was still at work, but I was a fan of the original, wich is considered a classic. Alison Lozz's character was played by Daniela Castro, Altair Jarabo's was played by Cynthia Klitbo and the villain was Diana Bracho, according to my mom En El Nombre Del Amor starts simmilar to the original but then changes completely along the way.

Jarocha
 

I like Arturo Peniche , and I'm anxious to see him as a priest. I'm in.
 

I will give it a try with the intention to not really watch it and then probably become stupidly hooked and then be stuck watching too many telenovelas yet again. I like the cast, especially Arturo Peniche. Eerie is good.
 

Alisson Lozz is my hands down favorite. The maturity and depth she brought to Guapos as a 15 year old was incredible. I liked Laura and Altair as well. I'd watch anything Alisson is in.

This looks great - the few minutes I've seen of Victoria Ruffo on La Madastra being rerun on Telefutura now has my interest. I'm not familiar with any of the male actors in this.

Diana in MA
 

Diana, it looks like Cesar Evora is in it, so you should know him. He's playing a good guy this time, apparently.
 

NinaK, Cesar too? You've really made my day. Thanks! Diana
 

I think many of the scenes between Alisson and Cesar in Guapos were among the finest acting I've ever seen.
 

Cesar Evora?? Yay!!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder