Monday, June 15, 2009

Las tontas no van #133, June 15, Is it still a cliffhanger if she's hanging from a balcony?

Santi is so drunk that he can barely talk and he can’t stand up on his own, but he still has enough working brain cells to know that Paulina is not his friend regardless of her assurances to the contrary. He’s a glum drunk, thinking about Candy’s sad face when they broke up. Pau feeds him like a mama bird, and he sits like a baby bird, mouth wide open, waiting for the food to arrive. It just struck me as funny. She keeps throwing accusations, and he keeps shooting down every one of them. Even when he is not firing on all cylinders, she still can’t score any points. She puts him into bed, and he thanks her with a brotherly hug. He falls asleep mid-hug, and he falls to the floor after she leaves the room.

At the restaurant, Isabel and Jaime are both surprised that they only make minimum wage. Isabel pulls Meño aside and begs him to pay her just a little bit more than Jaime – even just one dollar.

Pat tells his nurse about the fabulous relationship he had with Candy, and he tries to get the guy to agree that they could still get back together after all these years. And pigs might fly. The nurse tells Pat to pass the bean dip. (In my friend’s family, if someone doesn’t want to answer an uncomfortable question like, “When are you ever going to get married?” the one queried answers, “Pass the bean dip.”)

Candy remembers their split and says to herself, “I love you so much, Santiago.”

In the morning, a meaningless scene at Pat’s house.

Santiago wakes up, somehow back in bed in his pajamas. He’s remembering happier times in Puerto Vallarta. The ever-attentive Donato brings his patrón a remedy for the anticipated hangover. Santi informs Don that he and Candy have broken up, while Candy, amid tears, tells Chava the same thing. We see quick clips of the rest of the cast getting the news. Candy is wearing jeans. I think it’s the first time she’s worn pants in the entire show.

At the office, Candy and Santi encounter each other in the hall. They burn up 30 seconds of show, with everyone saying hello to each other. Goodnight, John-Boy. In his batcave, Santi tells Hortensia he needs his punching bag back because he has so much stress built up. Hortensia volunteers to relieve the stress for him, and he dubs that a definite overshare. He asks Horti to bring him Patito.

Art, the son-of-a-metiche, comes to celebrate with Pat because Candy split up with Santi. He says it’s his grand opportunity. Pat tries to tell him that he’s nuts, but Art isn’t listening.


Candy cries on Meño’s shoulder, and she takes off her engagement ring. Lulu comes in and offers to take care of the baby. Hortensia bribes Lulu to let her hold Patito, and promptly takes him to the cave for Santiago’s therapy. As always, Patito brings out Santiago’s biggest smiles.

Max comes to see Pat with the bad news. The movie investors rejected the project. Apparently they did not get the memo about Bring Your Crying Baby To Work Day. Max doesn’t know any other potential investors. Pat says he’ll provide the rest of the investment.

Candy goes to Santi’s office to get Patito.
C: How are you doing?
S: Bad. Sad. Lonely. I feel like I’ve lost the light on my path. And you?
C: Bad. Just like you.
S: Just as bad? (With hope in his voice.)
C: Yes.

They step closer and almost end their foolish separation, when his phone rings. When will he learn to ignore that dang phone??? It sure would help his love life! It’s Ambrosini. Santi announces to Candy, “They’ve found my son!” as the camera fixes on Patito. They found Marissa in a hotel in London. She doesn’t have the baby, but when they get Mar, they’ll be just one step away from the baby. Santi is worried that it’s another false alarm, but Ambro assures him, it’s the real thing, and they have her closely watched. Now, there is a happy man. Candy gives him a big excited hug and they get nose-to-nose, but then they remember that they don’t do that anymore (the finale is still six episodes away) and so they sadly pull apart. They both feel rejected. Candy leaves, with both of them cold and distant.

Max shows Pat the trailer to the movie. Pat is so excited, he ignores his ringing phone. See? It is possible to ignore a ringing phone in a novela. But not when it will keep the leads apart.

Hortensia can’t get Santi a flight. It’s vacation season, and the soonest flight she can find is in a week. Pau comes in and says she knows somebody; she’ll get him tickets. He tells her that for once she’s being helpful. What’s up with Santiago’s shirt pocket? It looks like it is outlined with cellophane tape! Pau gets on the phone and gets a booking for this afternoon. Santi rushes home to pack his bag. His mama sends him off with her best wishes for his success. He warns her, no wild parties while he’s gone, and no raves.

At school, the kids argue about whose parent is fighting with whom. The kids have an idea to make their parents happy.

In a large upscale hotel in London, we see Marissa cross the lobby with shopping bags in each hand, while an agent on the elevated walkway keeps her under surveillance, updating his boss by telephone. The London hotel clerk, with a Mexican accent, skin which sees the sun, and all her teeth, gives Marissa her messages.

Santi finds his airplane seat and finds Paulina sitting beside him. Pau gives her usual loving-wife look. Santi looks more disgusted with her than usual. She thanks him for letting her come. He reminds her that he didn’t permit it; she simply appeared. She keeps annoying him with questions. Does he still love Candy? He says, “I’ll never stop loving her.”

Candy goes to see Isabel and Jaime, and she asks them to keep her informed about Santi’s trip. Isabel tells how much she regrets seeing them split. Isa lets it slip that Pau is sharing the flight. Candy gets back to Pat’s, and the three kids want to entertain them, dressed as clowns. Chava wants his mama to stop being sad and angry, but she says she’s not. Ay uh-huh! Later, taking care of the baby, she’s so upset about her day that she’s shaking poor Patito like she’s making whipped cream! No wonder he doesn’t settle. She prays for Santi and keeps shaking the baby. Speaking of babies, yesterday I got to hold two-month-old Jeremy and he fell asleep in my arms. Is there anything more marvelous than that?

At the hotel, Mar eats in the dining room
while the agent watches, accompanied by Santi and Pau. The man at the next table comes over and joins her. Later in her rooms, there is a knock on the door. She opens it, assuming it’s her dinner companion, eager to see her again. Instead it’s Santi and the agents. She tears through her suite, with Santi close on her heels. She makes it to the bedroom and shuts the door on him. Santi tells her, “There’s no sense in continuing this game. We already know everything. How about if you stop what you’re doing, okay?” Ambrosini has his hand under his jacket, where his holster would be. Marissa says, “It’s not a game. You never understood that. GO AWAY!” She frantically looks around for an escape. Santi tells her to give up. The hotel is surrounded by agents that have been watching her for weeks. If she just tells him where his son is, he assures her nothing will happen to her. Marissa screams that his son died. She’s looking much crazier than Lili at her worst, and she’s approaching Boufy LaFont levels, just before he went all to pieces.

Talk of his son dying puts Santi over the edge. He starts yelling through the door. “That’s not true! Tell me where he is!” As she rushes out to the balcony, she screams, “It’s not your son. You abandoned me so it’s not your son. You’ll never find him!” Santi starts trying to break the door down, while Ambrosini tries to get to her from the balcony of the next room. She runs back inside. Santi somehow gets through the door and chases Mar. She runs back to the balcony and falls over the railing like a sack of potatoes. Santi manages to grab her hand before she falls the three or four stories to the street below. He hangs on tight. She screams a lot, and her grip is slipping.

====================
Miscellaneous Notes
Friday will be a double header. Can someone recap the first hour, and Hombre de Misterio will recap the second hour? I still think they have to show another double header on another night this week. Sylvia doesn’t mind a 2-hour recap if it falls on Thursday. But Judy and Kris, if it falls on your night, what would you like?

Unless I help with a yet-to-be-announced double header, this is my last recap. Thank you, friends. It has been a blast. I have really appreciated your support and I love our community. I won't be a regular recapper again any time soon; I can't afford the time. But I will substitute now and then.

I’m doing the happy dance. Thanks to the switch to digital, I had to rescan my TV and discovered that my cable carries another channel. Telefutura! If my house burns down, I hope it’s not between 10 and 11, Mon thru Fri. Don’t nobody get between Paula and her Fea!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap Paula. It's been a great time reading your recaps. Congrats on Telefutura and Betty. :)
I posted this for Friday's episode:

Esmas Capitulos link working for me again. And all I can say is hmmm, tonight, Monday night, is Cap 132. 139 is the Gran Final. That means 7 more episodes to put into 4 more nights (5 hours, 2 hours on Friday). Hmmm.

JeffMN
 

Thanks Paula! Bon voyage!
 

Thank you so much Paula! Your recaps have been so much fun. Enjoy your summer and Fea!
Thanks for mentioning Boufy.
Marissa looked bizarre, crazy and tons of make up. Still, seeing her go over the edge of the balcony was not what I hoped for.
I'd rather Santi pulls her up and carts her off to jail.
If she falls how will he find out about the baby?

Carrie L.
 

Uh oh, looks like a splat to me. Sabine Moussier sure does a good crazy, doesn't she? She also does a good sack of potatoes.

Heh, funny description of the hotel clerk in London. Scathing but funny. I thought SB had a pretty good English accent. Bummer for her that her romantic night got ruined...not!

Paula, it has been fantastic recapping with you. Thank you for this and all your terrific recaps. You are a real treasure. I'm glad you are open to subbing in the future.

Oh, and excellent photos! Talk about opposites...the baby and its mother Marissa, yikes!
 

Very good job Paula. I too have really enjoyed your recaps. I'm going to miss seeing your recaps on a regular basis and look forward to the times you do fill in.

Did we really need to see the kids as clowns? Little clowns are even more scary than large clowns.

Pau dangling from a balcony, now that's more like it. Of course my sympathy kicked in and now I want to see Santi rescue her. I'm such a wuss.

Carlos
 

Me too, although I hope Santi is strong enough to hang on long enough to threaten her. (Tell me where my son is or I'll drop you!!) Mariloca definitely looks crazier than ever before, and that's sayin' something!

Thanks Paula, I always enjoyed your recaps and will miss you.

Enjoyed every body elses also!!
 

Paula, thanks for another great recap. We're definitely going to miss your lists, links, and analytical mind. And thanks for your help in teaching me how to post, do links, etc.

I sort of thought Candy was shaking Patito because he had colic. I remember, many years ago, when my little baby daughter had colic, sort of bouncing her to get her to sleep. And now she's married! I guess it didn't harm her too much.

I think with Marissa, either way could work (whether she holds on). If Santi saves her, he could, as Emilia pointed out, threaten her so she'll reveal the secret. But if she drops, maybe she wouldn't die, would just be hurt, go to the hospital, and on her deathbed, she could have a change of heart and finally tell Santi at the last minute. Of course, it's probably none of the above, as the writers know very well how to trick us.
 

Hombre d'M, how soon you forget. You have a great batting average in predicting how the plot will go. So one of your options is probably correct.
 

Poor, poor Santiago. Hasn't he suffered enough? Now he had to endure a flight to London next to Paulina? Somehow that seems even worse than being stuck between a huge drunk man and a screaming baby, with a little kid kicking the back of your seat.

I think Santi should threaten to let Marissa fall until she tells him where the baby is, then rescue her and send her to Dr. Obregon's nuthouse for a lifetime of shots.

Your recaps are always delightful, Paula. Will you be recapping Un Gancho Al Corazon?
 

Just realized that no, you'll be gone. Duh. Hope to see your recaps again sometime, though.
 

Hombre...I'll help you out Friday if you want. I'll do the first hour and you can take the second. I'll just post it as "first part" and then you can post the second part whenever you have it ready. That way we don't have to mess with anything complicated. Okay?
 

Now Paula...you outdid yourself for your Tontas swan song. There was something hilarious in every paragraph, I swear. Plus the fabulous pictures.

Loved the title. Loved "pass the bean dip" Let's keep that as a refrain along with "now we're getting down to the raisins".

Also loved the nod to Liliana and Boufy Lafont...whew.

Have been really blessed by having you on the team. And our reader/commenters have been blessed also. We'll expect to see you back on the next Jaime Camil telenovela! You know you can't resist!
 

Judy, it's a deal for Friday. Should be fun!
 

Ay caray, you know me too well, Amiga.
 

Paula: Your recaps are always fun and thoughtful and this was another exceptional summary. It's unbelievable that you'd only been doing them a short while You will be missed.

Your pictures were perfect. Is there a sweeter, lovlier baby than Patito?

I really enjoy the Santi/Candy/Hortensia scenes. Candy looked like she was having a tough time keeping a straight face. I get the feeling the cast members (at least for the most part)enjoy their scenes together. I'm liking this show more and more as it nears its end.

I can't see Santi dropping Marissa only because in effect he would have failed to save the mother of his child. Even if she lives, I don't see her repenting or revealing any info on Patito's whereabouts. I think the truth will have to come another way.

I'm disappointed it doesn't appear that most of our favorites, Meno, Lulu and Pat will find romance in the next few days. Although Paula, I'm remembering your saying things happen quickly, so hope you are right.

Diana in MA
 

Aw, Paula, say it ain't so! I also will miss your witty recaps. I always knew it was you just by reading the first few lines. I really appreciate all your time and all the other recappers. I don't think we all realize how time consuming recapping is, so thank you very much!
 

Paula, do you think Jaime's new television project (filmed in Argentina, I think) will come to our TV?
I know, I'm missing him already and reruns just aren't the same.

Carrie L.
 

You're right, Violet...just a few lines and we know it's Paula. She's an excellent writer.

Thanks for asking about my son (on Cuidado). He learned a lot on the weekend, met a lot of young people as well as older one, who had been through the same thing he had, and came home with a lot to think about. He's intending to get further counseling and we're hopeful this will help.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Carrie, you must think I closely follow Jaime's career. Hmm, let me check my dossier.. oops! I mean check my files.

I think I saw on Wiki or IMDB that Pels will be released in Mexico by Televisa, and in the US by one of the Uni sister-networks, either Galavision or Telefutura.

I can't quite figure it out. It's filmed in Argentina (the whole thing, not just outdoor shots like Tontas) but with Mexican leads and a Mexican producer (Guero Castro). So will it be like a Mex or an Arg novela? The original novela was Argentinian. Maybe Jarocha is listening and can shed light. Maybe we'll find out more on Cristina.

I know that right after Tontas finished, Camil said he wouldn't do another novela in Mexico for at least five years. Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like he was fed up with Televisa by the end of Tontas. He hoped to do more movies and theater, but the tango movie fell through (bummer!). He did work on a few movies in the fall.
 

Paula...every time I scroll down to check comments, that baby picture makes me smile. Hope we see lots of him in tonight's episode. He's even more adorable than Jaime Camil (if that's possible.)
 

Judy, I can say the same about your recapping. I know right away it is your writing. You are all great and have a distinct style that we all love! Glad your son is doing well.
 

Following tonights episodes in the Esmas Capitulos. Tonight was Cap 133 and about half way through Cap 134. So, it looks like they are trying to pack in more than one capitulo in each hour.

JeffMN
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder