Monday, June 15, 2009

Plot synopsis (in English) of "Un gancho al corazon," new Univision telenovela

The title means "A hook-shot to the heart." Here is a translation of the Esmas description:

This is the history of a very original love between a professional boxer, Valentina López (alias 'La Monita') and Mauricio Sermeño, former racecar driver and now owner and president of the Sermeño real-estate company.

Family melodrama, enjoyable and entertaining, with innumerable attractive locations and adventures, full of tangled situations and misunderstandings well justified and constructed, but above all, livened up with a large dose of tears, laughs and much love.

The story begins with Valentina in a big fight. She loses because she hurts her hand, she will search for other work while she recuperates. She does this on the sly, hiding it from her boyfriend and trainer Beto - they've been dating for eight years - and in complicity with his mother, Nieves, who looks at 'La Monita' as a daughter.

Valentina finds work in Mauricio's business. Mauricio has a great heart and has decided to adopt three orphaned brothers. This doesn't sit well with his girlfriend Constanza, who detests them. All she cares about is leading Mauricio to the altar, more because of his economic and social status than for him himself.

In her quest to marry, Constanza will always count on the complicity of Jerónimo and Óscar Cárdenas, respectively Mauricio's cousin and employee. All they care about is the power and money of our story's protagonist, separating him from Valentina and from his three adopted children, who adore 'La Monita.'

Constanza, as well as Jerónimo y Óscar, fail to take into consideration the love that Valentina and Mauricio feel for each other, the love that will triumph again and again despite all efforts to separate them; from the first moment the boxer and the ex-racecar driver get to know each other, they are subsumed in each other. The intensity and sincerity of their sentimants will triumph over any obstacle put in their path.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Crap, I am sooooooo excited. *squeeeeeeeee!*
 

Thanks for the synopsis Melinama. I was at Esmas the other day and didn't find one there. I'll be there to start and see what it is like. It looks like it will be a long ride. Looking at Esmas, they are in Ultimos Capitulos and in Cap 211! So it will be a lot longer than Tontas, FELS territory. :)

Not sure how much I like Sebastian Rulli, but the only other time I saw him was in Pasion. He was up against TBLMOE, so I have to cut him some slack. :)

JeffMN


JeffMN
 

I think this sounds good, and I like Sebastian Rulli. He had his detractors in Pasion, but that was partly the awful character he played. He's really cute!
 

It'll be nice to see Rulli with clean hair again, at any rate.
 

Gah, another long telenovela! It had better be good or else!**

**Empty threat
 

LOL, Sylvia!
This one's probably going to be on too early for me, alas. But it looks like it will be fun. It should be a good counterbalance to the heavy-looking Nombre del Amor.
 

This is a ideal for a good laugh, it's true strenght is the cast as a whole, more than the romantic entangles, all the characteres get their moment to be funny, hopefully you won't be turned off for the humour based on the exaggerations of the typicall steareotypes like the Naco, Fresa, Macho, etc.

Jarocha.
 

I hope Rulli won't be making those heart hands in this one. I guess I'll tune in and see what it looks like.
 

Jarocha, have you seen any of this one yet?

I hope Rulli doesn't cry during every episode. And yeah, also looking forward to clean locks and so far I have not seen a dirty old scarf around his neck on the previews.
 

Hey, I'm up for anything, after Tontas, but loved your "empty threat" Sylvia.

Julie, wish you'd find a way to join us watching and commenting...we miss you on this line.
 

I miss you guys too, Judy, but the show's just on too early for me, especially since I can't even tape it.

However, I may poke my head in from time to time when I can, because (as Mundo de Fieras people may recall) I really, REALLY enjoy Rulli.

(Except when he was all grubby in Pasion. Yuck.)
 

I can't wait to see Sebastian Rulli hopefully he doesn't play to much of a fool like he did in Rubi..
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder