Saturday, June 27, 2009

MEPS June 26, 2009

Sub recapper for Jardinara. She will be back next week.

Padre Basco asks Solidad for forgiveness (at her grave site).

Fernanda asks Fr/Ed for a favor. Tonight she has a reunion, but doesn't know what it's about. Suddenly Fr/Ed receives a phone call from Padre Basco. Padre tells Fr/Ed things are dangerous. Your enemy is everywhere. Please listen to me. Don't talk about this anymore to anyone. Don't confide in anyone.

Vlad and Pris pull up to his apartment with Flor close behind. Vlad tells Pris not to be upset with him anymore. I promised you that Damian will not bother you anymore. Pris tells him that she doesn't believe him. The more I know you the more I realize you are one of those men whose words don't mean anything. They walk into his apartment building with Flor looking on. Flor is pissed.

Vlad and Pris walk into Vlad's apartment and Pris starts in on Damian. She says that she's a married woman and can't be coming at their beck and call when they feel like it. What game are you trying to play? Vlad tries to explain, but Pris tells him to shut up. You guys are made for each other replies Pris. (viewerville nods in agreement) You guys are a bunch of idiots. Pris, responds Damian, all the Elizandes including your husband have realized that I am innocent. Sit down. I'm glad. So why did you call me here then asks Pris. I am offering you my help responds Damian. How do you plan on helping me asks Pris. Proposing a pact. In exchange for my silence, I want you to watch my back. You insult me replies Pris. Well then everyone will know that the child you expect is not your husbands replies Damian. You are a jerk says Pris and gets up to smack Damian across his face. He gets up pissed and Vlad must have grown a little bit of balls and gets in front of Pris and defends her. Damian says tell me what you want me to tell your family then? That I found you in Vlad's apartment arguing about the paternity of your child? Vlad jumps on this like a ducks on a junebug and agrees that Damian should tell Anibal that he is the real father. He turns to Pris with a crazed look in his eyes and says "Mi Angel, it's best that everyone knows the truth." He kneels on the couch, takes her hand, kisses it, promises her then says no swears to her that I assume my responsibilities. She gets a scared look in her eyes like this guy is nuts.

Barbara brings Aurora coffee. Barbara tries to be all nice and tells her that she just wants to help her. She reminds her that she also went through the same hell she is now going through. She knows of an expert who can help her. They helped her so much. Aurora asks if she means with a witch (bruja). The ones that talk with the spirits? Yes, replies Barbara. Isn't that bad asks Aurora. Seeking help is bad asks Barbara. No, responds Aurora. Barbara tells her she doesn't know what she would have done if it wasn't for that sainted woman. Do you think that woman could help me asks Aurora. It wouldn't be a sin? Aurora it helped me, but if you doubt then there' not point responds Barbara.

Fr/Ed is walking around the living room. Fernanda asks what's wrong. Ever since you received that call your attitude has changed. Tell me what has you worried. Fr/Ed says that to feel confidence in your heart and then to have it poisoned are reasons to disregard that confidence. She asks if he has no confidence in her.

Vlad tells Pris that there will never be anything that her and there child will ever need that will not be met. I promise to give you the best of me. Damian interrupts and tells Pris to give her "lover" an answer. Thank you Vlad, but that's not necessary replies Pris. Just get up. She asks Damian that if he is now found innocent then why does he want her to investigate what's going on in the house? Because I want to make sure that Barbara doesn't have a trick up her sleeve for tonight that why replies Damian.

Barbara is worried about Aurora's relationship with Santiago. Why, asks Aurora. Because if you want to stay by his side you must take away these fears. My situation was the same as yours. I was at the point of losing my husband. He thought I was possessed by a demon. But I did want I had to do to keep his love. I can make an appointment with the person who helped me. Can you do that for me asks Aurora. I will do that for you, but you can't tell anyone. Not even Santiago. Understand?

Pris calls Tomasa and tells her to tell Barbara not to expect her for dinner. She asks Damian when is his meeting with Barbara. Tonight responds Damian. And how do you want me to investigate all this asks Pris. I tell you want to do not how to do it replies Damian. I will be waiting for your call. Pris leaves and forgets her phone.

Fr/Ed says we all run with danger. And the only way to protect ourselves is to confide. There are reasons for all of us to doubt each other. That is why I ask why you have confidence in me? I just do replies Fernanda. That's what I'm saying. You can't have confidence in everyone. You cannot tell anyone what we are doing. I beg you. The danger is so big we cannot risk it. Even the ones we love. She says the one she worries the most about is Lili. Don't you realize the danger is real? Don't tell your father even your brothers. We have to find out who Gregoria Bravo and her son Aremio Bravo are.

Vlad is following Pris outside. He wants to take her. She doesn't want him too. Flor is watching all this. Damian takes the phone to Pris. Flor is muy impactada to see Damian.

Venus comes back from her shopping trip. She calls Martina who tells her how pretty she looks. Venus shows off her purchases to Martina and Lili. They call get presents too.

Santiago asks Fernanda that their father told him that Lili escaped from the mental hospital. Is that true? Yes confirms Fernanda, but I believe that we will find her soon. Is it also true that she was kidnapped asks Santiago. That's what the police think, but we have to wait and see replies Fernanda. She changes the subject and asks Aurora if she found out anymore about who painted the bloody cross in her bathroom. Santiago believes it was Camilo. Aurora doesn't believe it was. Knock on the door and Tomasa says dinner is ready. Fernanda says she is going out with Barbara for dinner. Santiago says to be careful what she eats. It could have poison in it. He laughs.

Pris tells Damian that she doesn't sense anything weird going on in the house and Barbara is calm. Vlad tells Damian not to hang up, but he does anyway. Damian lies and says that Pris said "hi". Damian and Vlad are getting ready to go. Vlad says it's too early, but Damian wants to get there early to make sure there are no surprises for him. Vlad doesn't want to go, but Damian insists he goes. Vlad little balls that he had grown when he defended Pris after she slapped Damian have disappeared and now he's scared that the police are going to get them. Damian says Pris told him all is good and he trusts her. Let's go.

Barbara tells Gonzo she's leaving. There going to the Casa Blanca. He hopes everything goes well.

Flor tells Margarita that she saw Damian. Margarita thinks she can't be sure, she only saw him for a second. I know what I saw replies Flor. I have seen him in the office day in and day out. But you can't tell Fernanda responds Margarita. Why not, asks Flor. Because that is her husband replies Margarita. That is exactly why I should tell her says Flor.

Fernanda says I don't see a restaurant. Barbara tells her change of plans.

Margarita asks Flor what will she gain from telling Fernanda what she saw? For her to open her eyes replies Flor. Jacinto comes in and wonders what's going on. Margarita tells Jacinto that Flor saw Damian today.

Barbara tells Fernanda to get out to the car and walk over to the statue. Fernanda says no. Tell me what we are doing here. Barbara tells her that if she goes over there and after 5 minutes doesn't like what she hears then they will leave. Fernanda again tells her no. She doesn't understand what the whole mystery is about. Barbara doesn't want to ruin the surprise. She hands her the keys and begs her to please go. Fernanda gets out and looks around. She goes back to the car and questions Barbara again. Barbara tells her this is what's best for you. You have nothing to lose. Are you sure asks Fernanda. I'm just hoping you can get back your happiness responds Barbara.

Esteve and Fr/Ed come in with pizza. Venus extends her hand for Fr/Ed to kiss. Esteve remarks on how well she has learned. (if I was Venus I would never wash my hand again) Anyway she asks Fr/Ed if after her job is done can she keep her clothes? Fr/Ed says of course. Venus wants to know when she will know who this guy is that's she supposed to make fall in love with her. Esteve tells her at the party. At least tell me his name replies Venus. Fr/Ed says his name is really not important.

Damian is waiting by the statue and Vlad calls. He wants to know if Barbara is there yet. Damian says he'll call when he knows something. Suddenly Fernanda appears.

Fr/Ed praises Venus on her picking up quickly on her studies. Venus says that Esteve is a wonderful teacher. Esteve says only because your a wonderful student. Venus tells him to stop because he is making her blush. She gets into her hooker attitude, but Esteve clears his throat and she corrects herself back into a more ladylike behavior. She's scared that when the time comes for her to get into her role, she will reverse back into her old self. Fr/Ed says well then I'll tell you his name then. It's Camilo. Esteve tells her all will be well. Venus wants to know if Camilo is old,young and defects. Esteve tells her that he will give her some of the defects. He is vile, a lazy bum, a playboy, and a womanizer. What if he finds out about me asks Venus. Esteve says have confident. I believe that will not happen. Not when he comes face to face with Lovely Norton. And who is that, you asks Venus. That beautiful and sophisticated woman is you. That is your new name. Lovely Norton. My beautiful niece.

Damian didn't know that he was going to be seeing her and vice versa. Barbara is happy and says that is why I didn't want to tell you anything my love. Right says Fernanda and tries to walk away. Barbara grabs her and brings her face to face and joined hands with Damian. She says nothing stands in the way of Damian returning to the hacienda. What says Fernanda. Damian says is that true? Barbara tells Damian that all the charges have been dropped.

Lovely Norton says Venus. So we are now related. Yes, replies Esteve. This gives creditability to our plan. Fr/Ed says that he and Esteve will be watching out for her at all times. And also that Camilo will want to sleep with her, but under no circumstance is she to do that. Esteve also interjects that she cannot fall in love with him. Fr/Ed looks at him funny and agrees.

Barbara says let's go to the house and finish talking about this. Damian thinks it's a good idea, but Fernanda is not in agreement. Fernanda has to many questions that need to be answered first. Damian says I will answer your questions, but not here. This place is to isolated and dangerous. I will not return with you until you answer all my questions and doubts first responds Fernanda. Damian says I want to save my marriage. Give me a chance. Fine responds Fernanda. Let's go to another place. Barbara smiles her evil smile.

Flor tells Jacinto that Fernanda should know what's going on. Margarita thinks that Flor has a reason. Jacinto thinks it'a a bad idea. You don't know what problems you can cause.

Barbara thinks they should go to a hotel for the night to talk out their problems. Damian agrees.

Tomorrow: Fernanda and Damian talk, Jacinto tells Fr/Ed about Damian, Fr/Ed calls Fernanda

Labels:


Comments:
Can someone tag this for me please? Thanks.
 

Done. Thanks!
 

Gloria, thanks for recapping the last three weeks. You are great to help out.

I loved the meeting place for Dam and Nanda. St. Michael and the good and evil symbolism was priceless.

rsk
 

Gloria - thank you for the recap, and such a thorough one, too! I still need to watch my recording . . . can't wait to watch, now.
 

Gracias por el recap :)

The pink pleather coat for Lili was just abominable. At least she was happy with it. And poor Fer, knowing that Babs is evil and then having Babs drive her to the middle of nowhere...I'd have jumped right out of the damn car!
 

Thanks, Gloria.

Some of the plot serving devices can be very annoying. It makes no sense to me to have Margarita and Jacinto insisting that Flor not tell Fer what she knows. Her position is the correct one. Fer has every right to know that her miscreant husband has been hiding out with Vladimir. After all, they don't know about the charges being withdrawn.

Silvia again is such a wonderful telenovia. She looks at Damián after she meets him at the statue as if he were a specimen under the microscope. She gets right to the point and says, OK, if we're going to talk - then take me to where you've been hiding all this while!

But, of course, in TN world the baddie always gets their way until the last week, so Babs heads that danger off and Fer will end up in a hotel room with Damn, where no nuptials will be consummated. But, also of course, Freduardo's jealousy is going to be aroused. Sigh.

Venus' makeover is quite good. She looks wonderful without so much makeup.

What can you say about the Abora/Babs scenes. I start to FF>> but then, like watching a skiing accident, I watch it anyway. I suppose the evil maid will be the "bruja". I suppose it's too much to hope for that, in the meeting with the "bruja" she blurts out that her mother is Rebeca Sánchez. Nah. That would slow down the torture.

Lili was adorable in this one. Agree that the coat was awful, but her joy in having it was great to see.
 

Thanks, Gloria.

Some of the plot serving devices can be very annoying. It makes no sense to me to have Margarita and Jacinto insisting that Flor not tell Fer what she knows. Her position is the correct one. Fer has every right to know that her miscreant husband has been hiding out with Vladimir. After all, they don't know about the charges being withdrawn.

Silvia again is such a wonderful telenovia. She looks at Damián after she meets him at the statue as if he were a specimen under the microscope. She gets right to the point and says, OK, if we're going to talk - then take me to where you've been hiding all this while!

But, of course, in TN world the baddie always gets their way until the last week, so Babs heads that danger off and Fer will end up in a hotel room with Damn, where no nuptials will be consummated. But, also of course, Freduardo's jealousy is going to be aroused. Sigh.

Venus' makeover is quite good. She looks wonderful without so much makeup.

What can you say about the Abora/Babs scenes. I start to FF>> but then, like watching a skiing accident, I watch it anyway. I suppose the evil maid will be the "bruja". I suppose it's too much to hope for that, in the meeting with the "bruja" she blurts out that her mother is Rebeca Sánchez. Nah. That would slow down the torture.

Lili was adorable in this one. Agree that the coat was awful, but her joy in having it was great to see.
 

So sorry about the double post. That never happened to me before!
 

Gloria, thanks for this excellent, funny recap. Yes, I believe that we all agree that Vlad and Damian make a grand couple. hate to see Nanda come between them. The interlude at Vlad's place was so hilarious. Vlad was all touchy-feely obseqious and Pris so no me toque. The were not only not on the same page, they were't even in the same songbook. Aurora and Babs? Hohum. Venus? She cleans up nice. Love the hair and toned-down makeup. She of course after all the warnings will definitely fall for Camillo. I hate that. And didn't Nanda look stunning in the white with red and black plaid sweater. Very wholesomely appealing. Alas, 2 straight episodes without a DDenia sighting...dang! Carlos
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria and the heartfelt confession (never wash your hand again, eh?). Lots of tension in this one. I was tied up in knots when Barbara and Fernanda were in the car...electric...with the mistrust...the dangerous lonely place...Barbara's smirk...

And the sad little torment-Aurora scenes. She's going against her Catholic training by consulting a "bruja" and of course the biggest bruja of all is the one luring her into the relationship.

Loved Vlad sticking up for Priscilla with Damian and loved the way they teased us with not saying Camillo's name for a few scenes. Do you suppose they knew we'd been speculating all this time?
 

Geez, distribute beanies to everyone!
immediately!!!!!!

Fernanda, Fernanda, Fernanda, our beautiful intelligent heroine has been told by her husband that Babs is going to destroy the whole family & Fr/Ed has said that Babs is a danger to them, & she gets out of a car in the middle of the night in a dark deserted area?????? She could have been killed by anyone!!!!

And Lovely???? They couldn't do better that THAT? Mable or Gertrude would have been better.

But so what, FC is so bonito, it makes it all worthwhile. Give the writers beanies.
 

Thanks, Gloria. I fell asleep and missed the whole show, so I especially appreciated your recap. I'm sorry that I missed Venus all cleaned up with some place to go. I would suspect that a pink plether jacket would have been right up teen Lili's alley, so no wonder she was thrilled to receive it. Clamdiggers and halter tops still take me back to my uncomplicated teen days and make me smile. I can't wait for the BIG PARTAY when all these characters get to bounce off each other. I want to see Venus torture Cad.
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. I haven't seen the episode yet so I look forward to seeing Venus's new look.
 

Well, I watched the half-hour that my evil VCR decided to record. I'm eternally grateful for the recap, now, since I don't have the 2nd half.

I wanted to yell at the TV, "Aurora, you're trusting Babs, the woman you saw boinking Damian on his wedding day, over Santiago?!?" No telenovela beanie hat is going to suspend my disbelief on this.
Why do I watch this stuff??? Gaaaaaah......
 

Thanks, Gloria and I wouldn't wash my hand either.

Dr. O seems to be gone but I am enjoying the comedic relief provided by Flor's facial expressions. I can see how she and Gardenia are related in that sense. GinCA
 

These are the reasons I watch. The guapisimo FC, I'm trying to learn Spanish and even though the TN has many flaws, it is entertaining & not torture like FELS.
 

First, thank you to Gloria, for the glorius re-cap. I am new to your board and I cannot get over these detailed run downs. Bravo!To one striving to learn Spanish, you guys are a real godsend.
I have watched this telenovela (my first) from the beginning but I have a few questions and comments
1.Silvia Navarro is a terrific actress. Such an expressive and beautiful face! Have she and FC worked together before?
2. Lucero is genius at evil. I understand she is usually the protagonist/heroine. What other shows do you recommend that she is in?
3. Why is Fernanda so trusting of Barbara? Hasn't she has been told that Barbara killed her Mother!??
4. To whom was Padre Bosco referring in his dire warning to Fr/Ed?
5.It seems to me that the show was moving smartly along until about 3 weeks ago when it began to bog down? Has anyone else noticed this?
6. Is Fernando Colunga married or partnered in real life? Just curious.

Thanks again, re-cappers for your work!
 

Greetings Elna June, and welcome! One thing: I have a few rules on this site, one is "no spoilers" (you can't watch what's happening on youtube, for instance, and then spill the beans in the comments). Another is: "no gossip about private lives of actors," because that spoils it for people too. So your question about Colunga's personal life doesn't belong here - I'm sure you can google him and find out oodles! All the best, Melinama the blog mom
 

Lucero & Fernando Colunga were in Alborada & it is very good. She was not evil in that & in fact I hardly recognized her in this one.

Fernanda is not trusting of Barbara & the only one that knows she killed her Mom is Artemio.

And all FC has to do is come here & be partnered with about any women here.

Google him & you'll get some personal info, but not that much.
 

Dear Blog Mom-Melinama:

Thanks for the welcome and instruction. No spoilers and no gossip about the actor's personal lives. Got it.
Thanks!
 

Variopinta, there are others that know about Barb killing Monty. Ed/Fr knows from the tape, Dr. O knows, Nanda knows from listening to the tape and of course, Lili. Ciro probably knew. I am sure there are others, Barb is going to have a hard time getting the genie back in the bottle, things are beginning to unravel.

rsk
 

Great recap, Gloria, thanks for all the detail, and fun observations.

Lovely Norton? I almost fell off the couch with that one. And did everyone notice that despite the new sophisticated dress, she still had the leopard-skin bra sticking out all over the place, and those same boots? Venus, you're the best.

Jacinto knows what he's doing, advising Flor not to tell Fernanda. Not that there's any logic to it, but Jacinto realizes that all decisions are made by Fr/Ed, since the last three times Jacinto had an idea, Fr/Ed surprised him by saying just the opposite. And so far, Fr/Ed's instincts have worked out.

Carlos, I also liked Fernanda's sweater.
 

Welcome Elna June Sonoma,

I'm new too and delighted to have found this site. I am working on my Spanish as well and am so very thankful for the recappers.

Many people, including me, loved Amor Real with FC and Adela Noriega. I can really recommend that novela. It is on You Tube, plus I think you can buy a condensed version online if you'd like.

This is the first time I have seen Sylvia Navarro, but others might have seen her in something else. I agree, she is terrific, plus she is playing a strong, smart woman which, in my opinion is rare in the TNs.

Sandy in TN
 

I misunderstood, I was thinking of Babs killing her own mother, not Fernanda's.
 

Thank you, Gloria. Whew! Been under the telenovela that is life, took a while to catch up! So Damian is going to waltz back into the Hacienda after such a lame story. Nanda should smell a big time rat in that whole "come with me to the middle of nowhere for something that's gonna make you happy" crap Babs laid on her: especially knowing Babs is a ASS-sesina! And apparently Babs is going to destroy her own daughter sorta like what's his name that killed Coyote in FELS.

Whatever eevil machinations, I hope Nanda y Eddie don't go through off and on hate-love-distrust like Hot Rod and Gaviota, let them fight the baddies together as in Pasion.

Khalilah
 

Thanks, Variopinta, rsk and Sandy in TN for the clarifications. Not speaking fluent Spanish means that I miss a lot and can get confused! I’ll check out Amor Real.
 

Hi, Elna June ~~~Another great novela is Alborada starring Fernando Colunga [Franco/Eduardo ] and Lucero [Barbara/Rebecca Sanchez].
 

Elna Jane, my all time favorite is Alborada. I loved the music and the costumes were beautiful.

rsk
 

elna june - the show has slowed down. I remember reading that Telerisa extended the number of episodes, around the middle, and I think we're in it.
 

Thanks for all the comments and answers to my yesterday's comment on Aurora. I've watched this intermittently and am now going to continue more regularly and check out Aurora more carefully in the context of yor comments. NJ Sue
 

A couple of notes:

I don't recall seeing in the recaps something that Padre Bosco told Ed/Fr - I think on Thursday: That Martina's dad, the herrero might know who Artemio Bravo's mom was. So, a little clue should be forthcoming from that.

Doesn't it seem that all of Ed's attempts against Camilo have ended up not doing anything or backfiring?? The million dollar horse was somehow supposed to be a weapon agains Camilo - yet didn't seem to influence him. Accepting Erika's ruse to be her new novio was supposed to get Camilo jealous or upset - that didn't seem to phase him. Not reporting they had the car was supposed to put Camilo in a fix trying to explain how he lost daddy's car - but Barb conveniently explained that away by saying she had the car and somebody stole it. Camilo's finding the email suggesting Franco Santorro was in Mexico to find a rich wife - I still haven't figured out exactly how that was supposed to impact anything. In short, it seems that any of the attempts to embarass or punish Camilo seem to have rolled off of him like grease rolling off teflon.

????
 

Saleroso & Erika bothered him enough to break into Fr/Ed's house to nose around the 1st time.
 

There has been a perceptible lull in the action and forward momentum. Thank goodness for the interesting characters, and darn good acting. A thought on Aurora, Maybe we're all wrong about her. Wouldn't it be great if instead the meek, passive, frightened, helpless little fraidycat she seems, she is actually a dangerous , ruthless, souless operative in the same fashion as Babs?. Wouldn't mommy be proud?. If such is the case, none other than Camilo is first in line. How neat would that be? Elna June, welcome. Don't forget the CCs. They are certainly useful. Carlos
 

Carlos, do you get cc in Magnolia?
Univision tells me they are not available in Houston.

rsk
 

rsk, we have DirecTV(sattelite) which has the captions on both Univision choices (the local ch45 and the ch402 which I think is the network feed.) One would think it would be the same on locally broadcast ch45. Are you unable to get CCs? Before getting sat. I did have CCs with the antenna signal, however. Carlos
 

Carlos, no CC's - I even called Univision and they said they were not available in the Houston area. I wondered if it had something to do with Comcast. The CC's would help, but they would also make me lazy. I have found that with the dvd's I have I listen a lot more now than I read the CC's. Maybe after the first of the year they will be forced to provide CC's for everything.

rsk
 

rsk - I thought it was mandatory that a TV station have CCs. Especiallly in Houston. Comcast here has CCs for Univision on my cable reception, but not the digital channels I get on my TV w/built-in digital tuner.
 

Carlos & Doris, I can get Spanish CC's on Ch 10 (Univision) but not on Ch 47 (Gala). The only English CC's I can get are if the program is transmitted in English. I guess what I am trying to say is that this blog is my salvation. DH speaks, writes, etc. Spanish but would have no patience with watching every evening. I have several Spanish speaking friends that help out. It is not unusal for the phone to start ringing at 9:01 pm if something complicated has happened. I have to admit my Spanish has gotten much better in the last two years with everyone's help in translations. Maybe in the next several years I won't or worry about English CC's.

rsk
 

rsk, oh. No I don't get English CCs, just Spanish, which thankfully have been quite good lately. Carlos
 

I found the scene with Fernanda and Damian to be anti-climatic given all the Gothic atmosphere buildup. I thought something more was going to happen, something more maliciously Barbara-inspired.

Jackie J.
 

I wonder if there is any significance to Fr/Ed having Saleroso, a white horse & Camilo having the black horse, Kaiser? When they were children Camilo made fun of Eduardo's white horse & he had a black horse then. I'm just wondering if there is a connection about white knight & black knight.
 

Variopinto, very good. I did not even notice about the two horses and knights, etc. It fits perfectly with the chess game theme which probably makes it mean something more than we are seeing at the present time. I am going to watch Cad more carefully, I bet he is going to play a major role in this drama before long.

rsk
 

I might be just another one of those loose ends that never amount to anything. Just sth the writers come up with in case they want to go a different route or keep us dangling.
But sth has to happen between Fr/Ed & Camilo. And what is Gonzo doing about a car, or did he forget it's missing?
 

Variopinto, do you think Gonzo is cognizant enough to even notice that he doesn't have a car. Barb has feed him so many cow patties that he is no longer in the real world.

rsk
 

Or just a twist on the white hat (hero) versus black hat (bad buy) from the old westerns.
 

I really have to hand it to Rogelio Guerra, he is playing two such diverse parts & does a good job. The gullible Gonzo & the evil Artemio.

PLEASE let the fiesta begin!!!!!
 

Variopinto, me too. I' ve got the Tequila ready although I wonder if in honor of Lovely Norton it shouldn't be Cognac. Camilo looks to have his hands full if Aurora goes too, but I'm not too worried, I expect he's up to the challenge. Let's just get on with it. Carlos
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. I think Venus (or Lovely) looks awesome. I'm not wild about the hair though. I think Esteve is going to be a little jealous. I totally see them as a couple.

If I had a husband abandon me like Dam did my marriage would have already been dissolved. I sure wouldn't take him back.

Elna Jane, you have to get Alborada. I'm watching it now and it is awesome. Melinama has recaps too which help because it is a little choppy. FC is gorgeous and Lucero is beautiful and sweet (if you can imagine that!)
 

I say let's get on with the party. The thing I dread is seeing Erika make a complete fool out of herself. She wants to believe Fr/Ed is in love with her so bad. I can feel her pain already. It looks like we were right about Cadmil-Ho. I hope Lovely burns him good! Do you think the party will be this week?

I sure hope it doesn't turn into "All Abora, All the Time" because then I'll have to FF a lot!
 

Great recap, Gloria. I moved last week and wouldn't be able to manage the details if it weren't for you wonderful recappers.

Just a quick thought on Erika and Fr/Ed. I think when she discovers his real identity, she will consider him beneath her. At the same time, Esteve, the rich American might start to look pretty good! That's one reason I love TNs--the possibilities are endless!!

Jane
 

Gloria: I am finally back and wishing there were two or three of me right now. Mucho, mucho gracias for your help and I loved reading your take on these episodios. My DVR only recorded the last three and so hubby and I were racing through a marathon of Youtube and the audio was not always the best. Thanks to Julie too for trying to keep up with that erased sound track/script because I was hopping mad & trying like crazy to find another video to cover those scenes. Glad to see it wasn't just me having hallucinations after watching a marathon of MEPS capitulos. (That does do wonders for jetlag though!!)
 

Back from a long weekend, thanks for the recap, Gloria, and all the comments, everyone. I watched it all on youtube, for the last time, I hope. I joined the 21st century, bought a new Toshiba flatscreen, and Comcast is installing cable this a.m.! I hope that I have the option of cc's, I did with the rabbit ears, so should be good to go, using the local Univision channel.

Kind of a goofy episode, why all the mystery about the Dam/Fer meeting? Why would Fer go along with that, knowing what Babs had done to Montemama?

Nice transformation of Venus to Lovely (WTInfierno? with that name?), but get rid of the leopard bra straps.
That's it Que empiece la fiesta!!
 

Welcome home, Jardinera, it's good to have you back safe and sound. As you can see Gloria did masterful job. There's not a great deal for you to catch up on. Lil is free, Dr. O is gone, Flor was fired and rehired, Damian is exonerated and may be coming home, Venus is now the sophisticated Lovely Norton, and we're counting down to partytime.

Carlos
 

rsk - Univision does not transmit CCs in English, like Telemundo.

Jardinera - welcome back!!! Travelogue, please!!!!
 

Yes, Jardinera, welcome home, tell us about your trip!
 

Good morning all ! Glad to see you back, Jardinera. Missed you, but Gloria provided us with greaoooot recaps. Hope the trip and the wedding were both memorable. DDave~~You are going to love that new flat screen . We bought one a few years ago, after years of hub having to move big, heavy tv sets. I spent last night watching Alborada and haven't quite recovered. Luis gives me the vapors. It will be a shock to see FC with his slicked back hair and Lucero as a villain tonight.
 

greaooot ???? What happened there? I think I need coffee.
 

I didn't think Venus's hair was an improvement. I suppose it is elegant and sophisticated, but it seems blah compared to before. (Definitely like the toned-down makeup, though!)

I thought it was hilarious that Steve showed up with pizza. Who hates pizza? Camilo! So you know he must be evil!! (Did I see only one pizza for the whole bunch of them to share? What, is everyone on a diet?)

The name "Lovely" was a horrid choice. And are they planning to give Venus a crash-course in English? Because it's a little odd that her fictitious parents would have given her an English word for a name (a name that no English-speaking person would bestow) but didn't teach her any English.

Oh well. I'm still excited at the prospect that she might beat up Camilo. Let's get on with the party, already!
 

Silverfox, the thing you mentioned about Bosco telling FrEd that Silvestre the blacksmith might know those names was in Thursday's recap. (Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about it at all - I missed that scene!)

My question is, did FrEd see the episode or read the recap... because I am still waiting for him to follow up on that. You would think he'd have been at the guy's doorstep in five minutes.
 

Hmmm...I hope that Art doesn't suddenly remember that Sylvestre was around back in the good old days when all the nastiness happened.
 

Julie~~~Fr'ed is in loooove, and Fern is very distracting to him. Maybe Esteve can get him to FOCUS after he is finished polishing up Lovely Venus.
 

Susanlynn, I hope you're still willing to talk to me after that carpe mañana thing. I truly regret that and really had no idea that it would be offensive to anyone. In fact, when I think about it, it's more or less been one of the themes for my life. It really must be some sort of regional thing.

Carlos
 

Thank you Gloria, hope you'll be the Sub on call. :-)

In defense of Fern, she didn't agree to get out of the car leaving the asessina with the perfect drive by opportunity to get rid of her. She demanded the car keys.
 

Hi, Carlos~~~No problemo. I was very surprised that someone took offense on a very docile Highlander forum that I have frequented for years . It happened while I was on vacation, and I was touched by the posts from people sticking up for me and assuring the offended person that I was someone who would ''rather eat dirt than offend anyone.'' Anyhoo, I posted a quick apology and was forgiven for my ignorance. Live and learn. However, I should have taken your advice about the patch. Hub [the ex Navyman who got seasick on our first and only other cruise] put on the patch before we set off and felt great. I, who did not get seasick on our other cruise decided to take a Bonine [as did our friends] and felt very drowzy and out-of-it that first night and the next morning , and very sick on the second night when we had very rough seas and the ship was rocking and rolling. Before we left Bermuda, Hub put one of his patches on me, and I felt great for the remainder of the trip.[The seas were very calm on that trip home.] Again..live and learn [unlike our TN friends who do not seem to learn from their mistakes.]
 

ok guys,I missed this discussion. I had not heard carpe mañana before & finally got to the Urban dictionary to find the meaning, which is "seize tomorrow" it seems the vulgar one is carpe diem, you can see that meaning there too.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=carpe%20manana
 

"Lovely" is a dumb name, any why "Norton"? Isn't that Steve's name?
Are they going to pass her off as Steve's sister? Or is it that she's his creation? Why do I think she's going to fall for Camilo?
 

Gloria, thanks for the recap. I was out of town at my daughter's and we got back from dinner too late to watch. Hate I missed the post-makeover debut of Venus (or should I say Lovely?)
La Paloma
 

Lovely Norton is going to be presented as Esteve's niece
 

I like Lovely's hair, but I think it looks too much like Erika.

I just can't imagine how they came up with that stupid name. Don't they have anyone that's even been to the U.S. writing for them?
 

Did anyone notice that the conference table at Grupo Lactos is checkered, like a chess board? I don't remember seeing it lately, though. So, maybe the black and white color scheme there is not just about cows.

--Beth
 

Beth, I didn't notice the checkboard conference table but one of the things I like most about this novela are the sly little inside jokes such as the cows theme, the Vlad/Damian dynamic, Dr. Obregon's mannerisms and his Barbie-pink suitcase, etc. It's as if the writers are not taking themselves too seriously despite some of the dark themes and everyone is having a good time with it.

Jackie J.
 

Yeah, Jackie J! And it's great that we have this blog to point out stuff to each other. I'm not sure I'd catch it all otherwise.

Another thing I'd like to share with bloggers,I enjoy reading the blog while listening to Latino pop tunes on Rhapsody. OK, call me wierd!

--Beth
 

Carlos, did you take that picture on your profile with a colored flash or what?

--Beth
 

Just finished disc 2 of Alborada. I want to know who the moron was that decided standing on a narrow bridge pointing guns at each other was a satisfactory way to solve problems!? Can't you just see AnyBalls and Gonzo standing at opposite ends of the conference room table pointing guns at each other? Nah, he either--they'd probably miss anyway. :P I really like Cristobal.
 

Me too Beth and Jackie, loving having someone to say to 'did you see that'. Now I caught the checker board table but didn't connect it until I read the blog. Such fun for the writers and the viewers. Now, the Hitcock props are the ones I want to say to the writers: no fair.
 

I want one of those cow coffee mugs.
 

Connie~~~I was rewatching Alborada last night. It really is a great TN. Others pale in comparison. So what was the last scene that you watched ? My cd is getting old and sometimes I have to skip scenes...very frustrating. I like Cristobal, too. In fact, I love all the members of Team Luis. Enjoy..it just gets better and better as the storu unfolds. Are you reading Melinama's excellent recaps ? It's hard to imagine that she recapped that who;le novela by herself.
 

Beth, I took several pictures that afternoon that all had that bluish tint. It was late and almost getting dark and I don't think the flash was on. At first I was disappointed but now I kinda like it. Sort of captures the mood.

Carlos
 

Susanlynn, I just watched the duel and then Dona Juana asked Hipolita if she would like to be the nanny to the 3-year old of Don Luis. Poor Hipolita, she's always getting smacked on the head by somebody. And what happened with that stupid cow Esperanza's baby? (No spoilers but they just skipped right over it.) Did I miss something?
 

Esperanza had a miscarriage during the scene where she was burning her hair. Did you see that scene ? She was freaking out because she was bleeding. There still lots that will happen. Some very good scenes are coming up...ENJOY !!!
 

Hair burning! Wow, can't wait for that one. It's a great story.
 

We should set Don Antonio's hair on fire. It's awful.
 

Connie~ HA ~ He has kind of a '60s Mary Tyler Moore flip going on , doesn't he ? He and Luis will have some good scenes together. They did chop a lot of good scenes out of the dvd so try to catch as much as you can on youtube.
 

It's fun to see them doing their male leg-lifting, marking their territory.
 

Connie~~IJust keep watching ....t's going to escalate !!
 

Connie~~IJust keep watching ....t's going to escalate !!
 

Is the "patch" that several people have mentioned for sea sickness, Novairs?

We are going on a cruise as well this summer!!!

Sandy in TN
 

Great recap!

I know novelas ask us to suspend reality quite a bit, but Lovely Norton really got me! I mean - "Lovely?!" Are you kidding me? No self-respecting gringo/a would name their kid that. Sometimes I think they are purposefully poking fun at gringolandia with Steve's character - the weird English, the ridiculous clothes, the goofy, awkward singing - and Jesus Christ! Oh well, I guess it's payback for all the insults American movies and television have done to Mexicans for decades...

I'm also perplexed as to how they are going to convincingly put Venus off as an American. Presumably Steve has no familial ties to Mexico - seems unlikely that he would have a niece who speaks perfect Spanish and no English...
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder