Wednesday, July 29, 2009

En Nombre del Amor, July 29, 2009

Inaki and Paloma meet up at the park. She asks him about his suitcases. He tells her that he no longer will live with his mother and wants them to be together. He gets on bended knee and asks her to marry him. She thinks that they are too young. He says all that matters is that they love each other. She is everything that he has dreamed of. He says things will not be easy, but I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Marry me. They kiss.

Romina cries out to Emiliano that you can't be serious. First my father and now you. Why do men always leave me? Emiliano tries to explain to her that there relationship is not working. But I love you replies Romina and no one will love you more. Emiliano begs her to stop crying. Romina yells out "What do you expect? I don't want to lose you!" He tries to assure that she will not lose him, it's just there relationship will be different from now on. Romina begs him not to leave him. She wants to know what she can do to make him love her. Just please don't leave me. I can't be without you. Please.

Natalia is packing for Alonzo. They discuss Inaki. She tells him that love makes you do crazy things. He asks her if she is talking about Inaki or herself. Natalia tells him that she thanks god that he put you in my path. But I know what it feels like to suffer for love. I know how it feels to love someone and not to be able to be by their side. That's why I know how he feels. Alonzo says all he wants is some time to see if this girl is right for him. Natalia reminds him that love is inpatient and will not wait. You were once young. Try to understand him. You were once apart because of his music. Don't do this over a girl.

Paloma tells Inaki that she wishes she could at this very minute marry him, but Carlota will not let her. Inaki tells her he doesn't care what her aunts say, he wants to get married now. Paloma reminds him that she needs authorization from her aunts since she is underage. And also reminds him that his mom doesn't like her. He tells her that the reason is because of Carlota's visit to his mom. Carlota thinks that I am an opportunist and that I am a bad influence and my mother was offended. That's why she did that. I know that we have obstacles, but we can't let our families get in the way. Paloma tells Inaki that she talked to Emiliano and he said to fight for your love. Inaki suggests that Emiliano and Romina be the padrenos at there wedding.

Emiliano tells Romina to stop crying. He feels bad. Romina again begs him to reconsider and starts kissing him.

Carlota is wondering where Paloma is. Macarena and Rufi tell her that she is perhaps at one of her friends houses. Carlota tells Rufi that she does not need her opinion and to go away. Macarena sticks up for Rufi, but Carlota says that she is a metiche. I know that you both are accompliances of Paloma. She says if it wasn't for her, Paloma would be a disrespectful girl with a bad reputation. Macarena says if you weren't here, Paloma would be a happy girl living like the rest of girls her own age. But also so would I. Carlota insults her and tells Macarena that without her they would be nothing. Macarena says whatever, Paloma is better then you and walks away. Carlota calls Arcadia. Arcadia tells her that Inaki packed up a couple of suitcases and left the house. He went looking for Paloma. Carlota runs to Paloma's room and starts looking thru her things.

Inaki asks for Paloma's decision. She tells him that she wants to study. He tells her whatever she wants. She asks if he will be one of those men that say one thing, but once married would not allow her to do anything. He tells her that all he wants her is to be happy. Do you want to marry me? Paloma asks for some time to think about it. He tells her to send her answer with Rufi tomorrow. They kiss.

Macarena tells Rufi that she's worried about Paloma. Carlota is right. Lately Paloma has been doing things that she normally doesn't do. Rufi tells her that Paloma wants to fly. She is probably with Inaki.

Liliana texts German that she wants to kiss him and adores him. She receives an email that says German is cheating on her with another. She tries to call him, but receives his voicemail.

Romina and Emiliano are on the floor. She promises to change. Camila comes home and comments to Emiliano that she saw him at the bank. Emiliano comments that he hopes his dad gets the loan. He says he has to leave, but Romina begs him to stay. I can't he says and leaves. Romina gets mad at her mother for coming home at the wrong time.

Emiliano leaves Romina's house and looks up into Paloma's window and walks away.

Rafael is excited and hopes that he gets the loan. Diana tries to rain on his parade. He tries to hug her and get a kiss, but she pushes him away. He asks her when is the last time they hugged, kissed or even made love.

Carlota is anxiously waiting for the arrival of Paloma. She spots her coming home and storms downstairs. Carlota questions Paloma on her whereabouts. Macarena comes in and says thank god you are home. We were worried. Carlota again asks Paloma where she was at. Paloma says I wanted to be alone. Is that a sin? Carlota tells her not to be disrespectful. Who were you with? That man? Paloma says, "I told you I wanted to be alone and that's why I didn't tell you." Carlota says when then if you want to be alone go to your room and do not come out for the rest of the evening. You will not be permitted to eat dinner or speak to anyone. Macarena tries to reason with Carlota and says that Paloma has to eat, but Carlota doesn't care. She yells at Paloma to go to her room.

Paloma runs in her room and looks at the picture of her and Inaki. She remembers him asking her to marry him.

Liliana storms into German's office and demands an explanation of the email she received. He reads it and asks if she believes it. Liliana says I don't know, you tell me. German assures her that he would never cheat on her. I am with you because I like you and want to be with you.

Macarena tries to get Paloma to eat something. Paloma refuses because she doesn't want to get her in trouble with Carlota. Macarena wants to know if there is anything she can do for her. Paloma asks her to get her the phone. She calls Romina who acts bitchy with her. Paloma says she was right in making her tell Inaki about his mother. And now he has proposed marriage. Romina is muy impactada.

Inaki goes to visit Emiliano to tell him the good news. He interrupts Emiliano and Orlando talking. Inaki tells Emiliano that he wants him to be the padreno at this wedding with Paloma. Emiliano is impactado. Orlando observes Emiliano's reaction. Inaki asks what's wrong. Are you not happy for us? Of course, you just took me by surprise replies Emiliano. They hug. Inaki tells him that Paloma hasn't said yes yet. Are you sure you want to get married asks Emiliano. Yes without a doubt replies Inaki. Emiliano congradulates him. Inaki leaves and Emiliano has a funny look on his face. Orlando comments to him that he thinks the news his friend gave him affected him more then it should have.

Inaki's parents, Alonzo and Carmen, are talking about him and his decision not to return to the university. Alonzo states that he will do what he has to, to convince Inaki to change his mind.

Macarena goes to visit Camila and asks her if Romina has said anything to her about Paloma's new attitude. She goes on to tell Camila that Paloma left the house today without permission and they do not know where she went. Camila calls Romina down. Macarena apologizes to Camila for bothering her, but knows something serious is going on. Romina overhears this and says your right. Inaki asked her to marry him. Crazy isn't it?

Emiliano tells Orlando that Inaki and Paloma deserve to be happy. "Do you think it's a great idea then about the wedding?" asks Orlando. "Do you think they are making a good decision?" Emiliano says I don't know. Paloma is a wonderful girl. Sensible and beautiful. I know Inaki is in love with her, but I think she is confused. I think that she just wants to leave her house. Emiliano looks up and asks Orlando why he is looking at him that way. Orlando says I think your love problems are not about Romina, but Paloma. What do you mean? What does my relationship with Romina have to do with Paloma asks Emiliano. Orlando says have you questioned your feelings for Paloma. I think you are in love with Paloma.

Inaki goes to German's house and asks if he can stay for a couple of days.

Macarena walks into Paloma's room and asks her if it's true that Inaki proposed to her. Paloma wants to know where she heard that from. Macarena says I just came from Camila's house. Yes, it's true replies Paloma. Are you going to accept him asks Macarena. (the whole time someone is outside listening. One guess as to who it is) Anyway Macarena asks when will she make her decision. Tomorrow replies Paloma. I am suppose to send a letter to him with Rufi. Macarena says you were going to make that decision without consulting me? Why? You know how much I love you and how important you are to me. Paloma apologizes to her and says that she doesn't know what she can and cannot tell her anymore. Because lately she sides with her and others with Carlota. Macarena tells her that it's ludacris to marry at her age. I just wished you would confide in me. Paloma says I don't want to cause problems between you and Carlota. I think this is a decision I have to make on my own. Macarena says I understand, I just wanted to give you my opinion on it like a mother would her daughter.

German and Inaki talk about the marriage proposal and the email that Liliana received. Inaki thinks it's Romina.

Romina is in bed thinking of Paloma. She remembers Emiliano commenting on her beauty, Inaki professing his love for her, Emiliano and Paloma hugging in the street, Inaki hanging from Paloma's balcony and Paloma telling her Inaki asked her to marry her. Romina is very jealous.

Emiliano is dreaming of Paloma.

The nuns give Paloma a certificate of achievement and comment on how wonderful she is. Romina is jealous and makes ugly comments to Paloma.

Carlota calls Arcadia and tells her that she wants her to do something for her.

Inaki is talking to his father. Alonzo thinks that Inaki is making a mistake. All he wants if for Inaki to finish school. Inaki says I can't leave her. That is why I asked her to marry me. Alonzo is impactado and says do you realize the responsibility a marriage entails. Yes. So don't try to dissaude me. I have made my decision replies Inaki. I will marry her as soon as possible. Alonzo tells Inaki that if he goes through with the marriage for him to forget about his businesses and his inheritance. You will no longer receive one cent from me. I understand replies Inaki. You have every right to do what you want yith your businesses and your money. I never came around you because of what you can give me.

Tomorrow: Emiliano tells Meche about his feelings for Paloma and Paloma gives Rufi a letter to give Inaki.

Labels:


Comments:
Can someone tag this for me please? Thanks.
 

I also want to say to those that never got to see Destilando Amor. It just started playing Monday on Telefutura if you have it. I think it's at 2 or 3pm eastern time. It has Eduardo Yanez in it.
 

Gloria: Terrific and well detailed recap.

Realizing he doesn't love her, Emiliano tried to do the honorable thing by breaking up with Rominia. I blame his kindness and good heart for waivering in the face of her tears. Bringing up her father's abandonment was a stroke of genius and obviously worked.

After years and years of eavesdropping, still no one thinks to whisper yet alone close doors when speaking of earth shattering matters.

Inaki is so sincere and loves Paloma so much, the inevitable anvil is due shortly.

Alonzo looks so familiar. Does anyone recognize him from anything else? Pasion?

Diana in MA
 

Okay, at first I wasn't sure the men in this novela would be worth watching, but now I think I'm in love with both Emiliano and Iñaki. They're mature! They're reasonable! They try to do the right thing! Emiliano doesn't delay a breakup when he's totally over her! Iñaki doesn't feel entitled to his father's money!

I think I'm going to be devastated when Iñaki is inevitably disappointed/abused/run out of town/whatever, but I hope it isn't so terrible that he can't still be MY novio.

Paloma and Macarena really need to get a clue. Close the door! Whisper! Duh!

Great recap; I'm tagging it right now.
 

I enjoyed the recap, Gloria, and your details helped me out. Thanks.

At least Inaki made it through this episode. Probably evil Carlota is going to be switching letters through Arcadia. Inaki is so determined and knows that Paloma would like to marry him when she is of age that I can't see his accepting her refusal without at least speaking with her to plan their future. A huge anvil is hovering over him and I, too, am attached to Inaki's character. He seems to embody good values, has a good head, a good heart and passion for life. Boy, I am going to miss him no matter how he makes his exit.

Emiliano, is a sensible down to earth, hard working guy who seems to recognize a woman's worth is more than her beauty. Yes, he and Inaki are prizes in the telenovela galan category.

And as others have mentioned: CLOSE THE D*** DOOR!

GinCA
 

Excellent recap! I have to agree with everyone about our two galans. Both are equally deserving. They may not be beefcake, but they've got plenty in the brains and heart department.
Even German isn't so bad. I mean, he does have a right to be stuck on Romina considering she was going out with him before Emiliano came back and didn't even know he was dumped until he heard Emiliano and she were "novios." Not sure what he sees in her, but they obviously have passion and mutual intense attraction. They are certainly both very easy on the eyes. I feel sorry for his new novia though.
-Vivi in DC
 

Thanks Julia for tagging this. Who is going to be taking over for Nina on Thursdays?
 

I think Debbie is taking over. Debbie is great but Nina, I hope you recover soon! Best wishes for wellness!
 

I would like to see Romina end up with German and Paloma with Iñaki because they have the best chemistry as couples. Emiliano is a real sweetheart but I wish they could introduce some other nice girl for him. Doesn't seem like that's going to happen so I'm with all of you in hoping nothing too painful happens to Iñaki to take him out of the picture.

Great job on the recap, Gloria. This is a good show and I'm not sure why more people are not watching it. Or are they?

Jackie
 

Does anyone remember an novela with an eagle flying in the opening credits. I starred i think Kate Castillo and actor I not sure Humberto Zurita as an conductor or pianist i think. Anyway the actor Zurita is he the father of the actor Sebatian Zurita? I see a slight family resemblance with the nose, and his hair is wavy too like Humberto's only it's not dark.
 

Sorry i should have mention the actor Sebastian Zurita portrays emiliano.
 

Anon 3:27. Here is some info on the Zuritas: Humberto Zurita (born September 2, 1954) is a Mexican actor, director and producer. Zurita was born in Torreón, Coahuila, and is one of ten children in his family. He is best known as actor, director and producer of telenovelas. He is married to Argentine-born actress Christian Bach and the family have two children, Sebastian and Emiliano. Together with his wife and his brother Gerardo Zurita, also a telenovela producer, he founded a production company called ZUBA (for Zurita-Bach) in 1981.

Seems that they are father and son.

-Vivi in DC
 

Romina is becoming very envious over Paloma. This is starting to remind me Querida Enemiga.
 

So, if he was given his mother's family name, he'd be Sebastian Bach? That brings some funny images to mind. He and Iñaki could jam together.
 

Thanks for the info because he really does remind me of his father. I think he is better looking though.
 

Great recap, Gloria. I missed a bit because we had the Fire Dept. trucks come by, but thankfully it was nothing serious.

I think that if Romina didn't act so pushy with Emiliano, he would have gone for Paloma. He seemed more interested in her and I think Paloma kind of liked Emiliano.

Inaki is a nice guy but I think it's going to be Emiliano and Paloma as a twosome.

Ann-NYC
 

Yes, I'll be doing Thursdays. Nina, I hope you feel better soon!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder