Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gancho, Tue., July 28: Hang-ups or Hang-overs?

Nickster here, filling in for Aunt Judy. It was another late night, so I'll try to edit in the morning.

Call me innocent, but can any of the Kama Sutra people tell me what the “Pole Position” indicates on the guy’s shirt?

After the whole bar brawl Maury and Moni get booked. It’s sort of like a neighborhood scandal.

It’s pretty much the drunk and drunker show at the mansion, what with little Aldo and loopy Jimena. She’s got her whole “three things” going on and Aldo is somehow still drunk.

If we learned anything from the Kennedys, it’s that if you’re rich and good-looking you can get out of anything. So then Beto comes to bail them out, they don’t need it, he gets defensive, calls Moni his gf, Maury gets confused/mad, Moni lies her way out, and then Beto asks for a job. Meet the new chauffer.

Connie is mad that Maury tried to find his adopted underage son while she was home alone dreaming of luchadores. He explains that Moni is his…worker, and she cares about Aldo.

Maury shows that he has some parental skills and reminds Aldo that he is jeopardizing the adoption status of his brothers and that the family may be broken up. Also, do you really love Estrella? Summer love…

Moni quits her job with Connie, and doesn’t even want the money. This way she can watch her Beto. Also, little Jimena randomly sprays herself with pepper spray. Now we know who the Jerry Lewis of the show is.

Everyone in the office hates Beto; he’s brutish, unprofessional, and most importantly, a self-described jokester. Then his jokes go too far and he gets threatened.

Moni comes back to Maury for her job back, he jokes around, and then she leans in a little too close to him. Of course, Connie comes in, reprimands them, and then tells them that they are always hitting on each other. She speaks the truth. Then the “executives” fight over Moni like little children and ask her for whom she wants to work, of course it’s Maury.

Moni is “essential” and like the little child she is, she goes around telling everyone about it. Then Paula says that Beto is her boyfriend and not Pedro, just as Pedro walks in. They fight, and he says he was with Estrella, except we find out that Paula was “just kidding.”

Connie has a visitor at work. Connie takes Beto to the conference room to…play. It looks like harassment, but its not. Office manager walks in, Connie hides, and almost finds Connie.

Later, when Beto tries to make out with Moni, she explains that relationships aren’t permitted in the workplace, thus she told everyone that they’re siblings. So, they make out anyway, and just as Maury goes to open the door to the room in which the “siblings” are making out, he gets interrupted and distracted. Though, he doesn’t understand why her lipstick is smudged…

Moni goes to help out at the fashion show, and then ends up giving orders because she doesn’t really have to be there.

Back at the neighborhood Paula tries to kill Estrella with a butter knife for coming between her and her man.

Over at the fashion show everything is running smoothly until Moni knocks out one of the models with a 2 x 4. The poor girl doesn’t know her own strength. Naturally, Moni replaces the unconscious model and is an audience favorite. Connie gets mad and Jimena has a surprise for Connie: Moni is the star of the show. How convenient that all the underwear happened to fit Moni.

Tomorrow: Beto steals something and gives it to Jerry. Moni approaches him and regrettably breaks it off with Beto, as does Maury with Connie. Didn’t see that coming from a mile away.

Over-arching comment: if I ever have to see this girl again dressed in multi-colored spandex and mini skirts with tight velour jackets I’ll burn her and the clothes at the stake.

Thanks everyone.

Labels:


Comments:
Nickster: Terrific recap and as always, great fun to read, thank you!

I'm not even going to hazard a guess at the "Pole Position" tee shirt but it did catch my attention.

So, will Moni and Beto break up before Mau finally knows they are novios?? Will Beto and Connie act on their undeniable attraction? Will Moni and Mau break up with their signficant others? All will happen in due course but in the meantime, it's a fun ride.

Judy, hope you are OK. Sending good wishes your way.

Diana in MA
 

Good morning Nickster. You saved my bacon last night. It was great to be able to go to bed early (yep, this is what excites old auntie Judy these days, sorry to say)

I assume you're kidding us about "pole position". Having spent some formative years in Indy (home of Indy 500) I know it's being in the no. 1 spot at the start of the race....but I like your insinuation better!

Really get a kick out of your "asides" Nickster. They're the best part of the recap.

And yes, Xime is our Jerry Lewis and God love 'er, she's the best part of this show which is a little thin on plot.

Again, a thousand thanks, mi amigo.

Diana...slowly getting back to normal. Not there yet but on the way...although there may be a "new normal"...that's the fun part of aging,....hah!
 

Diana, I think your predictions are destined to happen many times over, this TN is a long one. As Judy says, it's a little thin on plot. Also, I suspect we will get to see a plethora of side plots with characters coming and going over the next few months. At least it may help us sharpen our recognition skills as the who's who of the TN world parade through our little story.

Great job Nickster! Thanks for filling in for Judy. Something tells me you might need to invest in a Zippo lighter.
 

Nickster, what a pleasant surprise. Another great recap from our Boy Wonder. I thought you were already chasing the college girls by now. Go and enjoy. I'm pretty much ready to assume your spot Mon.

Once again, Beto and Connie steamed up my screen. All they need is a couple of minutes of privacy, and if things keep going as they are, they might not even need that. Now there is chemistry.

Once again, allow me to express my fondness for Ximena. Pepper spraying herself, and then lamenting that she'll need a guide dog. So predictable and yet so funny. She also was so sweet with Aldo. What a lucky kid to have uncle Jerry and Aunt Ximena.

Judy, for me this show is so funny, I don't care if there never is a plot. Just give me a dose of Ximena, a glimpse of Connie, a little time with Estrella, the antics of Jerry and Beto, gee, I can't think of a character I don't enjoy. And to think I had planned to skip this show entirely.

Carlos
 

Sure glad you didn't skip it, Carlos and I DO think you have the right philosophy. Lots of funny characters, tag lines and good jokes...relax and enjoy.

I also liked Jerry's suggestion that the next time he'd take Aldo on a "spiritual retreat" if Mauricio wasn't happy with the antro de mala muerte excursion. Lots of good lines in this one and good acting. Ximena is a treat and my second fave is Gabriela.
 

Great recap, Nick, hilarious as usual.

I wonder if Beto will remember Moni's statement that no relationships are allowed in the office - especially since we have Gabi and Sal, Maury and Moni, Paula and Ricardo (formerly), Beto and Connie, Jerry and anything that moves....

Ricardo really isn't too nice. Did I see him dumping out the change from the coffee machine into his own pocket before he left?

Ximena is pretty tall, she really towered over Aldo. She definitely is the Jerry Lewis of the show, as Nick pointed out. But of course with some subtle wisdom hidden beneath the craziness.

Carlos, last night it wasn't just the lovable characters, we even got a lingerie show! Yes, I'm glad Connie chose this particular line of clothing to sell.
 

Thank you, Carlos! It's all yours! Free at last...!

Sylvia, I don't smoke! Unless this has something to do with the "pole position"...
 

Thanks for the recap Nick! Again best wishes as you make the transition to life at OSU.

I'm glad you are feeling better Judy. And thanks for the info about the "pole position." Tano has been wearing a shirt with that phrase for the past few days and it made no sense to me (I've been in IN for three years and still know next to nothing about racing, oh well).

I can only read Connie and Beto's interactions as comical probably because I can never take him seriously. Nevertheless, I still enjoy the show a great deal. I wonder if the break ups will really happen or if it's just a tease?

Thanks for mentioning that Ricardo was stealing last night, Hombre. I thought he was doing something wrong but he was so calculating in doing it, I had to reserve my opinion. Ricardo went from nice cutie to Jerry's partner in crime in only a few seconds. Que lastima!

I thought of the guys who watch this show during Connie's business launch. ;)
 

Nickster...I think Sylvia's Zippo quip was because you swore you'd set fire to Monita if there were any more multi-colored spandex and mini-skirts in her future.

Reminded me of the time you made me laugh because you felt like punching big ol' Juan every time he smiled his BIG GOOFY SMILE in FELS. Can't look at the guy now without thinking of that.
 

Sylvia, Judy, I emailed Melinama, and this was her reply:

hi - i am in paris cannot do it till i get ho,e august 1 so send your
text file to somebody till then and they will post for you thanks for
joining us! what happened to nick?

Aug.1 is Sat. so I should be OK but I may need help Thanks.

Carlos
 

Carlos, email me your text file at sseaberg@gmail.com and I will post your recap for you.
 

Hi Carlos...you're in good hands with Sylvia. Looking forward to your "first".
 

Backtracking to Nickster's comment...I'm glad you don't smoke!! Judy was correct about the intent of the comment.
 

Haha, thanks everyone. Carlos; sorry about the confusion. I hope this is ok with Melinama.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder