Monday, August 17, 2009

Mañana es para siempre 8/17 - EVERYBODY IS STUPID.

The Cheese Fair! It's so exciting! Everybody is happy and Fer is the belle of the ball! The cheese looks delicious. So does Fer, especially to Fr/Ed. They are making googly eyes at each other - she on the podium being congratulated for all her hard work, he looking dashing in the crowd - but Err dashes up and drapes herself over him and Fer is downcast and Fr/Ed is abashed.

Santi is standing at the door of the convent. The nuns ask Aurora if she wants to see him and she's all happy and says, "Yes, oh yes, if he's here it's because he understands, and Barbara explained everything to him and we're copacetic." "Are you sure you trust Barbara?" "I trust Santi!" Uh-oh, anvil time.

They ask if she'll tell him he's gonna be a daddy and she says yes. You know right then and there that no, she isn't gonna tell. It's telenovela logic.

They fetch him. She's sweet and smiley and offers him water, he gets right down to business: "Who was that guy Barbara caught you in bed with? Say it's a nauseating lie!"

Now I can understand Aurora being flummoxed by that question and needing a moment to collect her thoughts. But she just whimpers and looks stupid until Santi says: "Your silence proves it's true." Now he's the idiot.

And he gets angrier and even shakes her and yells, "Who's the guy?" and then [OH WRITERS HOW CAN YOU PALM THIS OFF ON US?? -- Ed.] she says, "I didn't know him."

What? What?

And now Santi's convinced Barbara was right because that's what SHE reported: that Aurora was having sex in Santi's bed with some guy she didn't even know.

Santi accuses Aurora of being a whore. "When you were out there on the highway, you weren't looking for your mother, you were soliciting Johns. I should never have fallen in love with you, that was my error, I should just -- have had congress with you instead."

He stalks out and goes and sinks against a column and blubbers in a most ridiculous fashion. He spends more time looking at a pink rosebud and crying than he did listening to Aurora. Aurora collapses on her bed, the nuns flock around, she says she wants to die.

I know there are those among you who are thinking: "Go right ahead!"

Totally off-topic as far as I can see: somebody asks Jacinto how it feels to be married to somebody so, was it chipocluda? He says: I feel like a peacock. Nu?

Errorika's dad wants Fr/Ed to eat cheese. Errorika's mother warns her daughter: "Don't keep praising Fer to your fiance, you should be tooting your own horn." Err says (correctly) that would be pretentious. "I don't know, dear, he spends an awful lot of time with her..."

Back at the hacienda, Barb tells Daffy she wasn't surprised to hear that Lili's taped message was not coerced. Daffy is impressed: "How did you know?" "Because after all these years I understand your kids, they're like my own." "But they ARE my own and I don't understand them at all!" he moans. "I must have been a bad parent, why else wouldn't she want to come back? It's so sad and absurd. Lili wants to stay with her kidnapper?"

"She's not normal, my dear, you can't expect reason from her. I'm beginning to wonder if she hasn't fallen in love with Obregon and has colluded with him to do this, to extract your fortune from you."

He goes on a tangent, "But I'm even sadder about you. I called and called and called and you didn't answer! I was dying! Why is my life becoming ruined and solitary? I knew my kids would be leaving, but I'm terrified of losing you, you are the elixir of life! With you, I feel like a whole man - without you, I am just a moribund duffer." They kiss and kiss.

Cad is still turning the puzzle over in his pea brain. Loafly wants to elope. But dear daffy daddy, living font of the folding green, wants Cad to wait till Lili is found. But what if Lili isn't found? If Dad gives so much of his money to Barb, then Loafly's wad looks even more attractive. But if she ticks off her Uncle Steve, maybe HER wad will be endangered. Anyball is not too interested in this conversation.

At the hacienda Daffy continues to turn Barb's theory over in his pinhead. "What? Lili was an autosecuestrada? (A self-kidnapper.)

Barb keeps laying it on till he says: "Well then! All the more reason to hustle ahead and put my money in your name, imagine if Lili married Obregon and then he would get my pile! You need to get what you deserve, not only as my wife but as a vital part of Grupo Lactos!" She strokes his hairy paw.

Fer brings Flor home, they are all "we belong to a mutual admiration society" and laughing together until Fer asks, "Hey, what about that mystery guy at the office the other day?" Flor, remembering Barb's threat to fire her if she blabs about that guy, stammers and stutters and bolts for home.

Uh-oh, Damian is all dressed up nice (he looks good I have to admit) and he spritzes on some cologne and has a bouquet of roses and jumps up when the door opens but it's just Prisila, who says Fer will be along presently and "by the way, I've had enough of spying for you. There's nothing between Fer and Franco, the whole day Err was draped around his neck. And I don't recommend a private detective, you'll just be tossing your money in the garbage."

Fer comes into the bedroom, smells the cologne, sees the flowers - and Damian - and she gets tense, he says: "At last you've come! I'm so sorry, shorty, I was stupid, forgive me." [What did he do this time? I missed it. -Ed.]

She takes the flowers, looks away, tries to leave to put them in water (what an excuse). "You don't need to do that, Tomasa is coming with a vase, and also champagne, to celebrate." "What are we celebrating?" "The success of your cheese fair." "Like you care! You didn't even bother to come. It just proved you don't give a damn. You're an egotist."

"Oh, are we going to begin now?" "No, we're going to end." "What?" "I'm tired." "I'm tired too," he starts to raise his voice, "you think this farce of a marriage is easy for me? That Man is taking what's MINE!" "No, I'm not yours, we haven't had congress. And I won't go on with this."

"When you said there wasn't another man, you lied!" "Even if Franco didn't exist... it was a mistake to marry you." "You said it would be forever." "I tried 20,000 ways, but it's no good." And he finishes with the classic line: "I will never give you a divorce." Readers, you know this means he has to die. Too bad he doesn't realize it. He limps out.

Fr/Ed comes home to find Esteve packing to leave. Esteve has snapped. He knows Loafly is going to Cad's apartment and intends to marry him. Fr/Ed: "But she knows perfectly well he's a worm! Why would she do it?"

[I have to say that, much as I love to look at our hero, his acting in this novela, and this scene as a particular example, is feeble. --Ed.]

"She's not doing it for money, or for love, she's doing it because she's disgusted with me." "She loves you, why are you running away?" "I can't let her be in love with me! What can I offer her? My heart is stone. It was broken once and I spent years picking up the pieces. I can't love. Call me cowardly!"

"Friend, your heart may be stone, but Venus is softening it." "Yes, she's special. How she's suffered! She'll forget this cowardly gringo." "Talk to her!"

Martina rushes in to report what Esteve has already told us - that Loafly is off to Cad's apartment to elope.

And it's true. He's all dressed up. Venus goes straight for the booze and sucks one down in ten seconds flat. He looks surprised. She pours another one. She tries to tell him something but loses her nerve.

At the office, Fer gnaws away at Flor about "the guy the other day." She asks and asks and says, "Flor, we don't just work together, we're friends." (This could be called inappropriate pressure.)

To make a long story short, Flor buckles and admits she heard a guy say: "tell Fer her husband is a swindler, Rubiel Villasana says so!" Then Barb made her shuttle the guy to Barb's office. "And she forbade me to tell." Fer promises Barb won't fire her.

Barb comes in and shoots daggers at Flor. "YOU'RE here!" "Yes, what's it to you?" asks Fer with acid. Barb chews her cheeks.

Tomorrow: Margarita begs Fr/Ed to come clean to Fer.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh melinama, you had me with your title. Spot on! This episode truly rivals FELS.

Fer lines. Franco lines. Santi cries. Aurora cries. Damian lines. Barb lines. Gonzo duh. Gringo Estif lines.

I thought this was the biggest waste of one hour on TV and watched most of it with the Mute button engaged. Only the last ten minutes were worth watching.

Totally FELSian.
 

Melinama, thanks so much. I loved your recap and your title. Actually, the title inspires me to propose a different one: Estupidez es para siempre.
 

Great recap, melinama. You nailed the amazingly stupid behavior of nearly everyone.

However, I don't 100% include Fernanda in this number. She's the smartest protagonist I've seen. And the reason Damnian was apologizing to her in her bedroom was because (I think) of the hissy fit he threw in her office earlier that day when Franco Santoro arrived with the results of the tape analysis.

THANK GOD, she's finally told him off and that she doesn't plan to pretend any more. I hope it lasts. She got right in his face. You could see how taken aback he was. Apparently he thought he could blow up at her indefinitely and she'd keep coming back for more.

So glad Florecita spoke up and Fer wrote down the name of Rubiel Villasana. She needs to research this and fast. More ammunition to keep her away from Damnian.

And I LOVED the challenging look she gave Barbwire when she entered her office, too late to keep Florecita quiet.

Yes, the Santi/Aurora thing is SO tired. The misunderstandings, the villain convincing one of the pair that the other has been unfaithful, yadda yadda.
 

The stupid thing about the Fer/Dam conversation was that he said he'd never divorce her. Hel-lo? Hasn't he heard of annulment? The good news was at least she told him that they're over.
 

Always funny and spot on, Melinama. My absolute favorite line was when he told Barbara that without her he's just be a "moribund duffer". I'm sure those are YOUR words, m'dear, and they're hysterical.

Carlos needs your help resolving the text on Gancho. It's running off the page, on my computer at least, so we're missing a word or two on each line. Don't know what's causing the problem.
 

A belated thanks to Pasofino & Jardinera for last week's recaps. I didn't get a chance to catch up 'til yesterday. And Melinama, great job distilling a somewhat useless episode. Doris, you've come up with a perfect adjective: FELSian...priceless!

I do like Fer and I'm sorry I missed her verbal smackdown of Dam (who just oozes with sleaze--Sergio certainly nails that performance). Most of the time, she seems to be the only one with 1/2 a brain in this show.

Oh, the Curls & Sniffles show has to end soon. Egads, it's just so freakin' annoying. Mother Superior is probably rueing the day she ever let that sad sack in.

Anyone else skeeved out by the Gonzo/Babs bedroom scenes? The red hootchie mama outfit last night, the ghastly groping scenes they replay with the closing title sequence...ew!!!!!

Maggarita
:-/
 

Great recap, tks.

Did anyone else think that wasn't the same Dr. cute guy? He sure looked like a different person to me.

Pobre Santiago, crying, but no tears. He needs a lesson from Babs.

I thought Lufley was going to spill her guts to Camilo about the farce. Did I misunderstand that?

Oh sure, Aurora is going to sneak some unknown guy into the Elizalde house where at least 10 people live & into Santiago's bed. But wasn't she in her room?

Fernanda can get a annulment because there has been no congress, is that what we're calling it these days? Actually a fitting word, since we know what happens in DC.
 

Gonzo said "viejo moribundo". Same difference.

I tried finding autosecuestro with no success. Doesn't make much sense to me.
 

I took autosecuestro to mean self-kidnapped in the sense that she now prefers to remain kidnapped or estsranged from the family. It's probably a made-up, contrived word like we do in English.

What bugged me about the Gonzo/Babs scene was her in the scanty negligee and him bundled up in flannel jammies & robe. Odd. Someone had to have felt chilly......
 

Great, succinct recap of a horrible episode to welcome me home. The only high points were thelooks that Fer and Eddy were shooting each other at the cheese fair before Err showed, and the admission by Gonzo that he is out of it, where his children are concerned. It's a start to his self-awareness, at least. Well, the final scene of Fer's defiance of Babs was pretty good, too. Pobre Florecita.

Low points- everything else. Santi/Abora- go away-NOW. So unbelieveable, like Vario said, Abora sneaks a STRANGER into the house for a roll in Santi's bed. Dam refusing to give Fer a divorce- he knows better than anyone else that an annulment would be the way that she would go.

Thanks to all for the recaps of the last week. I found the time to read recaps, but not comments, I'm certain that I missed some chuckles.
 

Melinama, thanks again for tidying up my recap, you are a jewel.Your recap is fantastic, chock full of meat and potatoes as well as acerbic wit. You are the maestra.

Poor Aurora, she seems to have zero survival instinct. Maybe she could use a little early enn-of-life counseling.

Carlos
 

Carlos,
I'm still laughing about end of life counseling.

What do you want to bet that when Fernanda & Eduardo se casan, Soledad's ghost will be there?

The highlights for me in this episode were of course the exchanged looks between Fernanda & Fr/Ed.
Damian being himself, looking for a little "congress".
Priscilla telling him off, love her.
Fernanda shooting daggers at Babs.

I guess they don't use the old gossip trick, Ï'll tell you sth but pls don't let on where it came from. After all Fr/Ed was there too. Pobrecita Flor, everyones doormat.
 

Hi everyone! Just checking in. thanks Melinama for the recap. It was a snoozer for sure zzzzzzzzz...

Fer standing up to Dam--about time. I keep waiting for him to reach out and smack her. He's that type.

Even though Loafly can protect herself pretty much, I sure don't want her alone with Cadmilho when she gives him the news that she's not who he thinks she is. He's going to be so angry.

My son called me from the airport on Sunday and as of this morning I haven't seen him. He said he was going drinking with his friend for 2 days. He said the heat over there is awful. Sand, wind, and heat. Not a good combination. He sounded really tired. thanks everyone for the well-wishes. I am very proud of him. When we go out and he's in his uniform he gets hugs from the women and handshakes and thank yous from the men. Makes me want to cry.
 

Connie, I'm so glad you have your son home for a while. I hope he gets some well-deserved rest as well as a bit of fun. God bless you both.

Carlos
 

Thank you Melinama. I had been so lost at what I thought I was hearing. When Barbara enjoyed so much having her daughter tell her about her courtship with Santiago I thought it was sincere. So her talk with Santi confused me. And his response to Barb confused me further. He did not believe Barb so what's with walking in and asking an accusation!
Then Barb continued with Gonzo to her goal of destruction. She is not capable of love. Ownership yes but not love. So strange and so much like Artemio. He now 'owns' Lili like he owns Barbara. Must be the reason he grieved the death of that kid (Aurora) he outsourced to Dominga.

Well Fernanda! Fernanda did the deed! Now get him out of the house before Barb gives him the date rape drug or some such thing. Because Barbara is treacherous and she will not quit.

Once again thanks for the clarity Melinoma.
Have fun Connie and enjoy some silent time together too.
 

Barbara needs Santiago out of the picture in order to claim Aurora as her daughter. She can't tell Aurora the truth about her being Rebeca Sanchez with Santi around.
 

I'd like to expand a bit on Anon 11:53.

I actually hadn't thought about her not being able to own up to Rebeca Sanchez with Santiago around. What she thought bubbled in the car was that she was not going to let the Elizaldes snatch away her daugher and grandchild.

She apparently now has some plan to have them in her life after she blows the pop stand.

She really does hate the Elizaldes apart from doing AB's bidding. Even though she's heard it from Aurora how much she loves Santiago, she's so used to manipulating everyone that she probably thinks she'll sweep her away with the stolen millions and Sniffles will forget all about her gran amor.
 

I wonder how Aurora didn't get a little bit more common sense having gone to school under the Madre Superiora, who seems to be just behind Fernanda at this point in terms of resisting estupidez.
 

Thanks Melinama for a very interesting recap which I read (as usual) before looking at the tape. Re:Santi "He spends more time looking at a pink rosebud and crying than he did listening to Aurora". So true, when I saw him cuddling and finding comfort in the flower it confirmed that those two deserve each other. She passed up an excellent opportunity to tell the truth. She's rather be accused of being a whore than admitting to the man she loves that his brother drugged and raped her. Sorry, but she gets no sympathy from me. Many of the comments say how boring this episode was. You sure made it sound exciting and I can hardly wait to watch it. Don't quite understand how all those happinings could possible be boring.
 

Thanks for the recap, Melinama.

That Esteve is really a baby. Packing his suitcase? What about Eduardo's plan, the car, Power Meelk? I don't think leaving town is the best response. As for his unannounced romance with Venus, he now knows she loves him, and still can't tell her, because he's afraid of being hurt? Come on. (although in real life, this romance probably WOULD be doomed, but let's not get all "real life" here.

I agree that Barbara's red sleepwear was a bit over the top.
 

Melinama, one of the reasons I like reading your recaps is that they are not endlessly long, yet they contain the entire episodio nicely condensed - plus, your wit is totally wicked!

Now I don't know if I missed something (entirely possible) but didn't Fernanda look daggers and scream at Fr/ed in her office just minutes before looking lovingly at him at the Cheese R Us Fair?

Juanita: Estupidez es Para Siempre fits the story line for Aurora and Santi perfectly - what a pair!

So, is there a Victoria's Secret close to the Elizalde's Hacienda where Babs gets her "boudoir clothes" to recharge Daffy Daddy's batteries when needed?

I, too, thought Damian might haul off and hit Fer when she told him off and when he stomped off I wondered if he would really leave the Hacienda or barge in on Crazy Vladi again. Should be interesting.

MEPS in AZ
 

Melinama,

I agree with MEPS in AZ, your quick recaps have a wicked wit. The title was the best, Everybody is stupid, perfect for this one.

Is there no loyalty on the part of Santi? He has HATED Babs for the entire novela, even detesting her casual touch, yet he believes her lies about Aurora, Aurora, other than seeing a fantasma or two, has given him no reason to suspect her loyalty. From what I understand from all the armchair psychiatry programs that are on the air, acquaintance rape is very hard on the victim, they feel guilty. Any person might feel reluctant to break apart a family with a odd and hard to believe " date rape drops" rape charge. Santi is the idiota in this episode, and yes, he looked silly writhing on the ground with the pink rose. I hope the nuns will make themselves useful and quickly straighten out all the misunderstandings.

It was nice of BABS to put on her "Victoria Secret" pjs, AFTER the deed. Others might just lay around in bed and watch TV or something. Oh yes, she had some negotiating to do, to STEAL the inheritances from Gonzo's children. She never has a lapse or takes a rest when she is after something.

Connie,it makes me so proud that your son is getting the respect and thanks that he deserves from the people that sees back home. Recently, we were on a flight with two Army police dogs plus their handlers. The dogs had no seats and everyone was WONDERFUL giving up space for them. It was a joy to see.


Sandy in TN
 

Melinama, terrific recap and fitting title - thank you. "She strokes his hairy paw." Ewww! Perfectly stated.

Doris, I also loved "totally FELSian". Excellent!

Juanita, enjoyed your alternate title suggestion! :)

Novelera, I'm with you and others applauding Fer's new attitude and hoping it's a permanent one.

Diana in MA

Connie, wishing you, your son and all of your family God's blessings and safe keeping.
 

MEPS inAZ, I figured Babs has a "personal shopper", especially after that oh-so-precious effigie doll, AND such a wealthy demanding woman would not have patience for shopping. Her garb for her brief pursuit of Franco convinced me yep, her personal shopper was told this week I need office edition teddie and a drop dead pair of stilettos.
 

MEPS in AZ- I had the same thought about Fer's anger in the previous scene. We must remember that continuity is not the strongest facet of these productions.

I think that the new title could be lengthened to "Estipidez es Para Todos Para Siempre" Again, I say that Fer is the only one that acts in a reasonable manner, and Silvia is carrying the weight on this cast.
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. Fortunately for me it wasn't boring (perhaps I've gotten used to the stupidity) as I was trying to multi-task as I watched the show.

I really hope Fer sticks to her guns with Dam. I loved your line about Dam being a dead man walking b/c of his refusal to give Fer a divorce. I also loved the set up for today with Fer challenging Barb.
 

Connie - have a great time with your son!
 

I'm still enjoying the show very much.
Flor is a spunky young woman and a good allly for Fernanda, thank goodness.
I agree with the comment that Damian is the tipo to slap a woman as he started to do with Prissy before Vladi stepped between them. But I don't think Barb would approve. I'm afraid she will not even allow him to leave the house. There may be no option left but to as the kids say, let's not and say we did. Damed will probably say 'we did'. I'm already thinking how to prove a negative here. WELL! everybody trusts Ed/Fr :-)
 

Connie: glad to hear your son is home & safe.
peace,
Maggarita
 

for CONNIE - and everyone else:

Have you seen this video? (copy & paste into browser)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

And have a kleenex handy. And Connie, please tell your son "Thank You" from me (who is a military child).
 

I agree that Venus was about to spill her guts to Cadmilho. Hope she doesn't or she'll end up in the hospital.

That scene with Babs and Gonzo... I need brain bleach to remove it from my memory. Gah!

I think Flor needs a new hairstyle. Her neck is very hairy, she should wear her hair down to cover it.

Damian, Damian, Damian. What can anyone say about Damian except that we hope the end is satisfying. Not something grandiose like a firey car crash off a cliff, but somthing banal and little like he is. Maybe he'll die of an infected mosquito bite on the end of his nose. Then the doctors can cut off his nose to spite his face.

And Gonzo the gullible believes Lilliana is in LOVE with Obregon?? Has Gonzo ever SEEN Obregon? I don't think even an old, hairless, flea-bitten cat could love Obregon.

They're right when they say, "You can't fix stupid."
 

Ah, the cheese fair and the cheesy episode. Great recap, Melinama, especially your take on the Santi-Abora sniveling.
We know this TN has a dairy theme, because we’re churning the same angst over and over. Am I an autosecuestrada when I run away from home to do a little shopping and hide from my family?
I wanted Flor to sit up straight in her chair and pretend she and Fer were discussing the cheese fest. She didn’t have to shrink down and look so scared and guilty.
Loved the comment about "cutting off Damian's nose to spite his face."
La Paloma
 

Wonder where Damian is going to sleep, I don't think he is welcomed at Vlad's pad.

The list of intelligent people that don't trust Babs
Mother Superior, it took her 5 min.
Santiago, he went from astuto to estupido
Fr/Ed
Fernanda
Soledad, she's dead
Lili, She has been deemed loca
Obrigon, can't wait 'till he shows up again
Pris doesn't like her.

Even if it wasn't a novela, Aurora wouldn't say that it was Camilo that raped her. She is concerned about what Santiago would do. Common theme in those situations.
 

Thanks for the link Doris. Totally awesome. The coolest thing is when everyone in the airport stands up and applauds as they get off the plane. Really makes you cry.

I think also that Dam has got to die. There is really no way to get rid of him. Talk about a leech! I think Dr. Cute Guy had his hair fixed different maybe? Not sure.
 

Thanks, Melinama. It was exquisitely wicked per your signature style. I'm home from the great frozen north...where it was 30 degrees Celsius [90 to we Americans] . I am so bummed that I missed The Cheese Fair. However, I thank my lucky stars that I was spared seeing Gonzold and The Red Terror having congress. [I like this new euphenism .] Will congress EVER be in session for Fer and Ed ? I have never seen a novela in which the two leads were kept apart this long.
 

wow when I read that title I had to check to make sure it wasn't one of my own recaps!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder