Monday, August 03, 2009

Mañana para siempre 8/3: a shadow falls over the chickens. Jerónimo!

Hello all, I'm back from Paris but still on Paris time, so it's 4 in the morning and I don't seem to be able to read my own handwriting. Hope y'all can help me out.

Not much seems to have happened in three weeks. Damian is on crutches and whining constantly - he's one of those peevish, bossy invalids, how unappealing. Vlad is blobbing and drooling into his beer over Prisila.

  • I see by the knots in Fr/Ed's manly jawbone that he's not happy about having allied himself with Barbara in order to get Liliana back.

  • Daffy Daddy is all ticked off about Cam choosing this moment to announce his engagement to Luffly, considering the kidnapping and all.

    Anibal sez Cam is doing this selflessly, for the sake of the family, so as not to lose the Power Meelk money and Franco's help in getting Lili back. Barb sez Cam is a grown up, so let him live his own life, Jeez Daffy.

    When Daffy and Anibal leaves Barb hisses at Cam that he's a cretin. This for some reason makes him defiantly determined to go through with the marriage. She doesn't look too happy when he explains that an alliance with Esteve will be good for the Elizalde coffers.

  • Fer explains to the Virgincita what's been going on and that she can't love Fr/Ed because she's a married woman (and Fr/Ed's about to be married). Just as the Virgincita was about to say, "Duh," Barb comes in and says Fr/Ed wants to say bye.

    Barb glowers at the Virgincita.

  • Artemio Bravo talks and talks to Lily, I guess because she doesn't talk back (reminds me of that Almodovar movie where the two guys are in love with two women in comas). He says beautiful people are unlucky, and Lili is beautiful, but she's been luckier than his mother was.

    He gives her his mother's diary and tells her to read it and she has lots of time for the reading, because she's NEVER GOING TO LEAVE THIS HOUSE AGAIN. Except over his dead body. Lili goes to bed and Cero the Ghost reads the first pages of the diary to her:

    Ana Gregoria is collecting eggs [but only some of them, why would she be leaving any eggs in the nesting boxes, that doesn't make any sense at all! --Ed.] when the shadow of Don Jerónimo falls over her. Somehow he knows it's her birthday and has come to give her the diary.

    A little girl calls for Ana - the little girl comes tripping into the barn - and sees Massa there with Ana! It's Soledad! She's Ana's little sister!

    Ana swears Soledad to secrecy and says she has feelings for the Massa. Soledad promises she will never tell.


    Lili falls asleep. Cero disappears.

  • Fr/Ed explains to Fer he has allied with Barb to try and get Lili back. He says he's convinced Barbie had nothing to do with the kidnapping but he senses she does, now, know where Lili is.

    Fer is afraid Obregon is going to tattle about her and Fr/Ed having sprung Lili from the looney bin. Remembering Obregon's parting words to Barbie ("Putrify, b-h!") Fr/Ed doesn't think he will.

    Fer points out Obregon has done other stuff they didn't think he'd do; she wants to go tell everybody the truth before Obregon can out them. Fr/Ed doesn't agree.

  • Hah! It's Obregon in a silly Charlie Chaplin disguise sitting in a Chinese restaurant with his nurse. He tells her he's gonna make the Hyena pay for what she's done.

  • Here's an aimless scene for you: Santi tells Fer he's going back to the pueblo to look for Aurora. Barb, of course, is skulking in the background and butts in. He asks her again, what did the guy look like who swiped Aurora.

    "Oh, uh, about your size, uh, older than you, about 60."

    "Oh, it could be her dad!" Barb is impactada at that: "What do you know about her father?"

  • Bouncy grinning Gardenia tells Esteve she's glad ol' Ca-mildew is going to marry a woman of ill repute, won't that take the sucker down a few notches. Esteve thinks, "Yes, that was the plan, certainly - but now I like her and admire her, what an amazing woman!"

  • Esteve, as usual, gets on Fr/Ed about everything. Fr/Ed can't wait till he can tell Fer the whole truth. Esteve sez, you're screwed!

    Esteve thinks the alliance with Barb is going to meld with all Fr/Ed's other choices and, even if they make sense on some level, when Fernanda finds out she will hate him... "And I know that living without her love is a torment to you every day, but living with her hate will haunt you until you die."

  • Barb barges into Artemio's house. She says, Daffy is so upset the sleeping potions are not working on him as effectively as usual; the Elizaldes will pay the ransom, that their funds are dimishing rapidly as planned; Lili must go back with her to the hacienda!

    Artemio asks why's that so important all of a sudden, Barbie says because Fer and Fr/Ed will do whatever is necessary to get Lili back.

    Artemio strikes up the Franco-is-not-his-real-name tune and Barb, dismissively, says actually yes it is, he's a businessman who's in love with Fer's best friend and that's why he's back in the area, he's no threat to us at all.

    Artemio is suspicious that she's changed her tune so thoroughly: "Perhaps you have made an alliance with him?" She denies it and says she's going to get Lili now. "NO! She will stay here with me forever!"

    Barb asks what she should do, Artemio says she should say she was deceived and that the man who has Lili will never give her back. "They know Obregon, he'd never be able to do this. Why are you doing it?" He thinks it will pull Daffy down right quick.

    She, apparently, changes the subject: "Where is my child buried?" He asks, what does that have to do with anything?" I think she says: "Because if he hadn't died, you'd have had some company and wouldn't have to be committing this craziness."

    He gets cranky and insists: "I'm not keeping Lili so I'll have some company, I'm doing it to break the heart of the (hmm let's see) the man who was born of the matrimony that broke my mother's heart. And about your son - if he'd lived, he probably would have resembled YOU and not had any gratitude at all. I forbid you to touch the theme again, and Lili too, because she's a dead subject for you and the Elizaldes."

  • Santi goes back and bangs at the door in Purificación just like before (in fact maybe they just ran the same tape again). This time, though, Aurora isn't there. She's on her knees scrubbing the floor in a convent.

  • Vlad, already with a hangdog expression, gets to work and is surprised to see Flor there. He says he's glad to see her again, she says "The Elizaldes are good people - and by the way, Anibal wants to see you in his office."

    Briefly, Vlad is fired.

    Indignantly he says it doesn't suit him to be fired. Anibal says he could just as easily have Vlad put in jail, but would like to avoid scandal.

    Vlad asks, "Does Priscila know?" and AB huffily answers: "I'M THE DECIDER!" Vlad, huffily in turn: "Don't mess with me, you don't know who I am." He goes to his office, the door's locked, he goes to Flor, she says, oh they changed the locks, here's your stuff. He takes the box.

Barb asks Damian if he wants Fer back, or if he wants vengeance. Tomorrow: Fr/Ed almost gets married but is saved by: Barbie!

Labels:


Comments:
Muchas gracias, Melinama, and welcome back! I'm delighted to see that your humor isn't suffering from jet lag. I loved "Just as the Virgincita being about to say 'Duh' Barb comes in...."

So I guess now we can begin to fill in the genealogy chart: Soledad was Ana's younger sister. And from Barb's remark to Artemio about how he would have had company if her son had lived, it does seem as if Artemio might indeed be Aurora's father. Hmmm...now I'm tempted to say "Duh."
 

Welcome back Melinama and Thanks for the recap.

I knew it! I was not going crazy or anything. That ancestor who looks like Anibal with a mustache was someone significant. apparently I'm the only one who kept seeing his pictures in the family room and on top of the fireplace. They had the pictures a lot clearer at the beginning of the episode. But now we know he is for real and not a joke by the producers as some had suggested.



Ibarramedia
 

Thanks Melinama for the recap. I missed a lot at the beginning because I was letting dogs in and out. No matter how you dress Anyballs there is still an ewwww factor. Poor Ana. I still can't figure out how Lili figures into all this. We'll just have to keep watching. At least they don't go for weeks with nothing happening.
 

Thanks, Melinama. Ah ha...so that's why Art didn't have Barbie kill Soledad...she was Art's tia. Ibarramedia~~~You were so right about AnyB posing as an ancestor in those family room photos. I saw them the other night when Cad made his big wedding announcement. Seeing AnyB with the handlebar moustache in that suit was a hoot. I had flashback to The Fabulous Baker Boys of FELS. Melinama, I, too, couldn't understand why Ana G. only gathered some of the eggs..que the hell ? Anyhoo, we've gotten some more pieces of the puzzle. Lili is Art's niece. It was fun seeing little Soledad. As for Esteve, everyone needs a friend like him : ''her hate will haunt you until you die.'' Thanks, Esteve, you master of the obvious and bearer of glad tidings. Not helping here. Finally, I call dibs on ''I'M THE DECIDER.'' I plan to use that in my own really reallife telenovela world. [By the way, why did AnyB hand Sad Vlad the waste basket? Did he tell him to clean out his desk...but helpful Flor had already packed up his things ?]
 

Oh Melinama, your sojourn to France hasn't dulled your rapier-like wit! Merci, merci! Tres magnifique, despite the jet lag.

So, AnyBalls needs a moustache & then he'll find his missing gonads. Apparently, his grandfather (right? or am I messing up the family kudzu?) had a set & was able to sire a few offspring, legitimate & otherwise.

Speaking of family kudzu, Ana & Soledad were sisters. Assuming the red herring they tossed out last night is correct, Ana y Padrone are the parents of AB so Soledad would be AB's aunt & Fr/Ed would be AB's cousin...?? Which means that Fr/Ed wouldn't technically be related to Nanda (well, ordinarily you'd say by marriage but in this case, he's related by...by...hot fun in the summertime?). Oof, my head hurts.

Ca-mildew--that's priceless! There are some forms of mold that are orange so the name fits our dear little scum bucket rather well.

I think we need a flow chart to keep the geneaology straight. That, & a major beanie tune-up.

Maggarita
:->
 

P.S.~~~ Loved the title , Melinama. Maybe the writers will introduce a donkey in the upcoming episodes ! Was Dr. Ono disguised as a priest ?
 

I wondered about the eggs too! My grandma's chicken house didn't look that nice or that clean. All the dust and everything makes me sneeze just thinking about it. We sure didn't leave eggs just sitting around like that.
 

Good idea Maggarita. Do we know the name of Gonzo's mom?
 

Melinama, welcome homeand once again thank you for all the fun you have put into these TN.

As explained to me many moons ago by my grandmother some of the eggs are not not real (i.e. glass, porcelain, painted wood, etc.) It seems that the hens are not very smart and you have to show them where you want them to lay their eggs. This was explained to me whenever I brought in all of the eggs.

rsk
 

rsk, did your grandma wear "chicken shoes." Just curious.
 

Susanlynn-

After Anibal fired Vlad, Vlad said you don't want to do that because you don't know who I am (we know he means-the father of your child). Anibal then says, are you threatening me? Vlad says, no, not threatening, just giving you advice. Then Anibal picks up the trashcan and says, put your advice here (basically, stick your advice where the sun don't shine).

So Ana Gregoria is being played by pretty doctora Valeria from Querida Enemiga!

-Vivi in DC
 

Amazing how much Anibal looks like abuelo Jerónimo.

rsk, you reminded me about the eggs. I once saw a picture of an egg layed in the shape of a light bulb. I guess they had no fake eggs.

Figuring out the family tree, me duele la cabeza.

I'm a little worried about Fr/Ed keeping some of the details from Fernanda, like Babs threating to kill Lili. What's the point in that? He told Fernanda that Babs had nothing to do with the kidnapping.

Anibal never looked at Vladimir. The wastebasket thing was a power play. I think Vladimir is going to do sth really crazy now.

How come there are no mops in the convent, I hope Aurora at least has a kneeling pad.

You all notice a lot more background details than I do, I'm too busy trying to read the captions.
 

Thanks, Melinama, great recap. Hope your visit to Paris was fun and educational.

Well, a few more tidbits of info and geneology revealed. I sure didn't see the AGB/Soledad linking coming, but it sure makes things interesting.

The henhouse scene was odd, with the ultra-selective egg collection, and Any?balls so thinly disguised as his abuelo. Apparently, Jeronimo did have balls, unlike his nieto.

I thought it was also odd that the writers had Babs marching in on Arty, announcing that she was taking Lili home, like she was now calling the shot. There is a lot more friction building between those two (Arty and BAbs). I think we'll see a real showdown soon.

Will Santi have the sense to check for his timid little Abora at the convent? It's the only other place that she would go. Does he believe Babs' story that she left with some other guy? I can't believe that anyone would believe anything she says (besides Gonzo).

This has been one long day. Fer is still wearing her painting skirt for what seems like an eternity. Who is it that's keeping track of the days by way of wardrobe changes?
 

I thought we were on day 8 or 9 but I've lost track. Maybe we should make some kind of calendar.
 

Melinama, a beauty of a recap. After last night I have a new found respect for you guys. This is an example of the best. Welcome back. I hope you don't object to me inviting all my friends here over to Un Gancho to checkout my first effort at recapping.

Congratulations Ibarramedia, you were right about the picture. I immediately thought of you when Anibal/Jerry strolled up in the chicken house.

Carlos
 

DD, there have been 22 wardrobe changes. They have been changing about every 5 episodes so we are due for a change today. Barbwire changed last night so I am sure that Nanda will change today.

The hen house is probably Ana & Jerry's trysting place. From the looks of Jerry's clothes, it must be right next to the horse barn.

rsk
 

rsk, thank you. I could not remember who it was that was tallying the passage of time via fashion. I did notice that Babs had changed, it must be "night" by now, after such a momentous "day" Is this day 22 , counting from the wedding? Thanks again...
 

Salut! Melinama. Hope your stay in Paris was fun and educational, even with all the out-the-balcony rigamarole you had to pull to monitor this website.

You are always so efficiently funny. I admire the way you can condense and still be hilarious. Acerbic and astringent are great ways to describe your wit.

Let me echo Carlos' comment and urge MEPS folks to check out his debut recap of Ganchos. No need to understand the plot (there is none in this show) but he did a fabulous job first time at bat. Like he'd been doing it all his life.
 

DD, yes, I started counting with the day of the wedding and the wedding attire. Today should be day 23.

rsk
 

It's longer than day 23. Remember when Damian was welcomed back & said he wanted to go on his miel de luna because it had been a month since the wedding. I just don't know how much time has elapsed since his return.
 

Hmm, I thought that I was the only one to wear the same clothes more than one day
 

Variopinta, I am only going by wardrobe changes. I guess we can assume that there were days that we did not see their daily activities. I had no other way to mark the passage of time.

rsk
 

I can't wait for Fer to change out of that ugly skirt. Surely she has something better to wear. I hope Dam falls down the staircase of doom...he's such a whiner...

Thanks for explaining the trash can thing. I didn't get it either. It might have been funny if Vlad had taken the trash can and smashed it over Anyballs' head.
 

Bravo, Ibarramedia! Color me confused but if Ana and Soledad are sisters, why doesn't Ed recognize the Bravo portion of Artemio's name as a family name? I may be off on how names are used in Mexico. Ayudame, por favor. Thanks.

GinCA
 

Another puzzler, Soledad's name is Soledad Cruz de Juarez & Eduardo is Eduardo Juarez Cruz. Doesn't that mean Soledad's maiden name was Cruz?
I couldn't get the relationship of Soledad to Ana by watching the TN, guess I have to ck out you-tube.
 

GinCA and VArio- good points. There is something not right here about these apellidos, part of the mystery.

I took the trash can to mean-"here's where you can put it", referring to any more discussion.
 

Melinama, great recap under jet lag duress -- you're a real pro. And you were so fast; I was reading it at 10:30 PM MDT. Yes, definitely time for Nanda to get out of yet another "tumor" skirt (Carlos' phrase for the yellow and black job with stuff hanging off it she wore a day or so ago?) SO, I wonder even more what Soledad's big secret could be? Just her sis, Ana, having a baby with the massa? How would that affect Eduardo in a bad way? Don't get it yet, but that's probably the whole point -- it's a continuacion, no? hgr
 

I was thinking Fer's new 'do was a bit messy with curls and bits sticking out here and there and behold, on the internet, there was a demonstration on how to achieve this latest fashion 'do. Maybe the "tumor" shirt is the latest in fashion as well.

GinCA
 

Melinama, thank you for the wonderful recap - love your sense of humor.

Connie, I have no love for Anibal either. I'm actually ambivelent - to me, he adds nothing to the story and is a waste of space.

Vivi, thank you for recognizing the actress from QE who is playing Ana. I knew she was familiar but I couldn't place her.

Great comments everyone. The family tree is beginning to define.

Diana in MA
 

If Silvestre, Soledad and Ana Gregoria were all around, how come Silvestre didn't know that AG was Soledad's sister?

Perhaps Soledad and Ana Gregoria were half-siblings (Bravo vs. Cruz).

If Soledad and Ana Gregoria were half siblings, that means Artemio and Eduardo are cousins. Perhaps Artemio wanted little cousin Eduardo out of the way while he wrecked shop on the Elizaldes.
 

Thanks guys. I feel validated. It just drove me up a wall and I could not let it go. For a while, I was beginning to feel like Liliana being the only person to be able to see Ciro. I thought I was the only one seeing the pictures.



Ibarramedia
 

You are just very observant Ibarramedia! It's nice to be proven right though, isn't it? I'll have to start paying more attention to the background stuff. I about spit out my tea when Jeronimo walked in. I was like, seriously, that is ridiculous.
 

Vivi~~~Thanks for the explanation of the wastebasket scene. In other words, AnyB? was insinuating ''You can file your advice right here in the circular file.'' Also, thanks for identifying Ana G. as Dr. Hotlips from FELS. I didn't recognize her with her hair up and no stethoscope gathering eggs. I think that we ended the episode at nighttime because Lili was in bed and I don't think she was just napping. It looks like Barbie is between a rock and a hard place [Art and Fr'ed] now. Fr'ed wants Lili , and Cousin Artie has decided that he is going to keep Lil Lili para siempre and give her up nunca jamais. Maybe Ciro the Friendly but Unreliable Ghost will help her escape.
 

I think Ciro led her there. Not sure why but maybe he knew she would be safe from Babs. AB hasn't been bad to her--yet. He gets upset when she doesn't eat. There's got to be some kind of connection but I can't figure out what.
 

Oh absolutely Connie. Nive to know I wasn't going loco. No need for the manicomio. ;)

Susanlynn, She is not Dra. Hotlips from FELS but some other doctora. Dra. Hotlips was Sofia Vergara last seen by the general public (Non telenovela viewing) in the Cadillac Commercials.


Ibarramedia
 

As absurd as this sounds, being with Aretemio Bravo has some calming influence to Liliana. She has not gone off on anyone to date while staying there.


Ibarramedia
 

I think she feels safe there for whatever reason. I don't think he would harm her.
 

About Fern's hair... I remember thinking that at eSteve and Franco's big party everyone looked like they had spent the afternoon at the hairdresser's --- except for Fernanda! She looked like she did it herself and it was a first time attempt.
I have got to the point where I just tell my beanie 'ignore that'...finger paint skirt?..ignore that...invisibility producing color choices?...ignore that...cute denim short jacket over 'What is THAT'?...ignore that.
 

Melinama, I hope you have or will post something on Pratie Place about your Yiddish studies. Great, witty recap, as always.

I think I must have missed something. I just didn't get that Soledad was Ana's sister. I thought she was just a little girl who either lived nearby or on the hacienda and was fond of Ana. Were they explicit about the relationship?

Also, I don't get that Any?Balls would definitely be the son of Artemio Bravo. Of course, he would be the most likely kid to be AB's if he and Montserrat had something going on before she married Gonzalo.

If those who thought AnyBalls would be the son of Artemio because the actor plays both the grandson and the grandfather, I would counter that Jeronimo is supposed to be the father of both AB and Gonzalo, so he's AnyBalls grampa in either case.
 

Thank you melinama, especially doing this with jet lag. You're in fine form and with good snark. I missed the first half hour of this episode and needed to be filled in.

Perhaps Ana Gregoria and Soledad are cousins. That might explain the different apellidos.

I kept watching to see if Sniffles/Aurora would barf into the bucket while she was washing the floor.
 

You are correct novelera. I would also like to add that no one ever commented on how much a spitting image Anibal is of his abuelo Geronimo. In other novelas or tv shows, people would be saying things like " You look just like your father" or in this case Grandfather.Is is name actully spelled with a G or J? Just want to get it right...


Ibarramedia
 

Lili does seem calm and has not had any outbursts. But I did watch her writing on the air. I wondered was she playing with Art's mind...or with ours. Afterall she sees a ghost float down from the ceiling. That was hilarious Mr. Director!

I also thought Ana was just greeting a young friend.
 

Bonney: I thought Soledad was just a little friend, too.
 

Yes, I think that some of us, like me, assumed that AGB and Soldad were sisters. It sure looked like it from the way they interacted. It does not have to be so. Certainly, there is a bigger, more dangerous secret thay Soledad took to the grave than anything we
've seen so far. It seems like Silvestre should know more than what he's told so far, too.
 

I don't think it was stated that Soledad was Ana's sister. Maybe that was just an assumption we jumped to. Either way she was privy to what was going on with AG and Don Musthavehadsomeballs.
 

Melinama, thanks for the great recap and I loved your new site too. I hope you enjoyed your studies and Paris!! As others have mentioned, you lost none of your wit.

Speculation/question about the tangled web of the family tree. If Artemio and Barb are Aurora parents, does that mean Santi isn't Gonzo's child?
 

Can't say why, just a hunch, but I don't think Aurora is Artemio's kid. It just makes the incest thing too complicated. That is, Santi has to not be Gonzalo's child. If anybody is not Gonzalo's the more likely child is AnyBalls as the first born. Montserrat seemed way too stuffy to be having marital affairs after years of marriage. Of course, I can't explain Bravo's sentimental reaction to Aurora's "death".

Babs looked sort of shocked when Santi mentioned something about Aurora's father having taken her, almost as if that were a possibility. So maybe Aurora's real daddy is out there somewhere.
 

So...Soledad and Ana G were just buds ? I do think Art is Aurora's daddy because I can't figure out why else he would be so shaken by her supposed death. Oh course, I've been wrong before...many times. It's going to be interesting to see what Barbie does next. Fr'ed is expecting her to bring Lili home, and when she doesn't, Fr'ed is not going to be happy. I'm confused...does Fr'ed realize that Barbie is Rebecca and that she's embezzled all the milk money ? I don't think we've seen the last of Dr. O because he seems to want to get Barbie back for all those years she pushed him around. They seem to have put DDenia on the back burner. Can't wait to see what happens tonight.
 

Susanlynn, Eddy doesn't know who Rebeca Sanchez is, but might suspect that it is an alias for Babs.

I can't believe that he just tossed Dr. O out of the car like that. I would want to keep him under wraps until this whole thing is resolved- he is the key witness to Babs' evil-doing. Just does not make sense, even for a TN.
 

I can't believe AB would be Abora's dad and leave her with that awful woman for all of those years and then get choked up about her supposed death? Maybe there is some other family connection other then daddy.
 

Good afternoon.......thanks for the recap Melinama and welcoem back......If Ana Gregoria and
Soledad are sisters then Artemio Bravo and Ed/Fr are cousins.....Gonzo and Artie are 1/2 brothers with the same dad making Gonzo, Ed/Fr's 1/2 uncle.... making Ed/Fr and Fer 1/2 cousins as well......Lil is staying at her uncle Artie's house....ha.....maybe that is whay she is so calm and loves the picture of Ana GB....member she said it looked like or reminded her of her nana soledad?.... but i don't remember it being said that soledad is AnaGB's sister....did i miss it.....BNinCA
 

Melinama, thanks for the recap. a brilliant one for someone with jet lag.
I think Soledad is not Ana G's sister, but a friend from the hacienda.
La Paloma
 

Thanks Melinama and welcome back.
I'm enjoying the fact that things have finally advanced an inch or two. I sure will be happy when Lili stops hallucinating and is able to recall some helpful info to solve the chess set mystery. Carlos I tried to check our your recap but only found old recaps from Guapo. Where can I find your creation? Or is that a joke?
 

Woohoo! Melinama's back!

I only just got home a short time ago. I am waaaay behind. I see the new Gancho recap has already been posted before I even had a chance to read or comment on the one Carlos did! I'd better catch up quick.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder