Monday, August 03, 2009

Un Gancho al Corazón Mon. 8/3/9 NICKSTER HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Ahoy all! I am posting this for Carlos; this is his first recap and it's awesome! Take it away Carlos...

So Nick is off chatting up coeds at OSU and I'm here struggling with a new laptop that doesn't know it's master. Oh yes, this should be fun. To cap things off, Mau has ended up hospitalized in a coma. It can only get better than this if he should wake up with amnesia.

We begin outside the emergency room entrance to the hospital where reporters and a TV crew have gathered seeking an update on Mauricio's condition following his crash at the autodrome. The TV reporter spots Constance accompanied by the Dr. and Ximena. Connie declines to talk and refers all questions to the physician, who describes some minor bodily injuries and serious injury to the brain resulting in the all too common affliction of TN heroes and heroines...coma. Drat, and on my watch. Who could have seen that coming? As the Dr. updates the press, Ximena preens and poses for the camera. The girl can't help it, she answers only to that wee little voice in her head. After the medico's update Connie asks for respect for her situation (it is after all, all about her). Ximena, not to be upstaged, requests a little respect as well. Porfis.

Back at the office, Gabriela is tending to the wounded Salvador after the thrashing he endured at the hands of Oscar and Jeronimo. She cautions him about pursuing Jerry and Oscar, Oscar has nothing to do with his problems. She realizes how nuts he is about her and how jealous he is of Oscar, but there is a limit. Sal says believe what you will but the important thing right now is Mauricio as he sweetly caresses her face. He leaves. Oscar strides out with his self-satisfied lawyer walk. No news about Mau, weak smile and shrug. Jerk!

Tano bumps into Ximy outside of Mau's ICU room (not much like ICUs I've known), She remarks about what bad luck the accident was. Tono corrects her, it was no accident, "ROLADO KLUNDER IS A MURDERER!" Ximy shushes him as Connie walks out of Mau's room. "Can I be of help?"he asks. "Yes, get the heck out and don't bother us!" she more or less retorts. She then instructs Ximy to guard the door and let no one in (except of course the docs) especially youknowwho. Estrella stops short at the corner as she overhears this.

Monita runs into Tano in the parking garage of the hospital. He knows nothing, but gives her his phone# in case something comes up. Rolu enters Mau's office which Jerry occupies once more and is heartily greeted by the grieving primo, who noticing someone at the door actually does feign grief, momentarily. Paula (who has demonstrated killer tendencies before) skillfully and effectively applies a sack over Klunder's head. (She appears to have a penchant for plastic weapons. Previously she used a plastic knife, this time...) The effort is thwarted by the quick thinking and action by Jerry. Heck, maybe next time. Rolu whines that everyone thinks that he caused the accident. Accident, Jerry marvels, but offers offers his help, for a price.

Around the corner from Mau's room Moni and Estrella discuss getting past Ximy who is guarding the door. No problema, the young thespian proves her talent by doing a bang on imitation of Ximy. Excellent. She then engages Ximy in a superfresa conversation using superfresa secret code complete with superfesa secret hand signals. Thus with this distraction, Monita easily slips unnoticed into Mau's room. Perhaps the best scene. "¡Fresas con Chantilla!"?

At the office, Gaby scolds Paula for the impulsive way she treated Rolu while in Mau's office,

Oscar is fretting over his ailing dog, struck by a bicycle in the park, injuring a paw, who must be destroyed, er, ah, sacrificed. Ever helpful, Jerry offers to make it look like an accident. "He's a dog," Oscar reminds him. Paula overhears their conversation and logically concludes that they are discussing what to do about Mau. Oh, no.

Outside Mau's room, Connie reminds Aldo and Luisa that she is in charge and no one but she is permitted to visit Mau's bedside while Moni is pretty much in the bed with Mau pouring out her feelings for him all over his comatose body. She leans in and bestows a chaste kiss on his lifeless lips then... Shazam! Sleeping Beauty that he is, he blinks and smiles, "Hola." It's a miracle! Did anyone see that coming?

Meanwhile, back at the office Jerry is holding a press conference. He is awkwardly careful to present his best profile as he attempts to absolve Rolu from his culpability for the crash before a skeptical reporter. After this little performance, he backs out of the room, carefully keeping his right profile aimed at the cameras.

Still dazed, Mau wonders aloud if he has died and gone to heaven. Nope, but close. There's a tearful angel leaning over him. The door opens as the Dr. and nurse enter with the Connie close behind. Moni backs out of the room unnoticed by Connie. The spell is broken. The angelic little monkey is supplanted by the mopey mummy.

In Mau's office Rolu applauds Jerry's acting and proves his gratitude for Jerry's support with a wad of cash. Jerry fondles and sniffs the money in an unseemly public display of affection.

At home Tano joins Teresa and Ivan for an update. Joined by Luisa and Aldo, Teresa admonishes them to stay out of the dispute between Mau and Rolu.

In Nacoville, Moni and Estrella have returned from their successful mission of mercy and are discussing Moni's relationship with Mau and are interrupted by Beto. Why is Monita crying? Estrella and Moni try to assuage Beto.

Connie is sitting on Mau's bed talking with him. His goofy blissful smile has been replaced by confused consternation. "WTF happened?" He asks in not quite those words. She tries to reassure him as she looks to the Dr. for some reassurance for herself.

"Monita," he mumbles. She is definitely not reassured.

Moni is enjoying a solitary pity-party complete with flashbacks in her apartment when Paula bursts in with the alarming news that Jerry and Oscar are planning to murder Mau like a dog. After initial doubts, Moni and Estrella are convinced and the Tres Amigas spring into action.

While Oscar works his magic spell over Gaby, Nieves tries to console and calm a disturbed and confused Beto. Beto leaves to go to the gym. Nieves suspects that he's going to find solace in a bottle; Oscar is more successful and manages to seal the deal with a kiss. The guy may be a louse but he is a charming louse. Then why do I feel the need to wipe my hands every time he appears on screen?

The girls have now donned nurses' togs that are fetching and convincing. If things don't work out for you there in Mexico, I have jobs for you guys here in Texas. They commandeer a wheelchair and go in to rescue/kidnap Mauricio.

They pause in the effort to admire the view, though no one ever looks his best in a hospital gown. Interrupted briefly by the arrival of Jerry, who is mistaken for Monita by a stuporous Mau, Monita clocks him with a rather anemic right uppercut, anemic but effective. They place Mau in the wheelchair and fill the vacancy in the bed with a now comatose Jerry.

As they wheel him out (not looking too good I might add) they hear Sally approaching with Connie in hot pursuit trying to head him off at the pass. The girls change directions and as they stop short, oops... they spill their cargo out all over the floor. Oh well, drag him into the utility room and load him back up. What's another whack on the head more or less?

Connie races Salvador into the room and warmly embraces the body covered from head to ankles in the bed while exchanging insults with Sal...Yikes! it's Jerry who sees no problem with her misplaced affection.

Mientras Tanto (that's meanwhile, Gringuitos), back in the barrio, Nieves is sweeping the patio as Paula sweeps in and sweeps Nieves off the patio by asking her to run interference for her into her apartment. The girls then wheel in their semiconscious booty as Aldo and Ivan look on.

At the hospital Jerry and the Conster are berating uniformed men over the lax hospital security.

The girls are making Mau comfortable in Moni's bed, not exactly like he had in mind but there he is nonetheless. Paula hustles off to call Tono for backup, as Moni cautions Estrella to behave, as her hands linger a bit too long beneath his thighs. Estrella, you saucy wench!

As Aldo and Ivan confer, Moni consults Nieves for advice. Estrella flirts with Tono.

The prodigal Beto returns. Somewhat tomado (inebriated) he sits on Monita's bed, wherein lies(lays? Judy?) the Hunk all covered up from chin to toes. Beto then proceeds to stroke and express his undying love to Mau's butt.

Gracias a todos, especially Sylvia.

Carlos

VOCABULARY
sopilote: vulture
zanahoria: nitwit (carrot)
tarado: moron, mental defective
chanchullo: shady deal
carburar: to function, think clearly
morena: dark-haired girl
trancazo: a whack

DICHO
buscarse tres pies a gato: look for trouble

Labels:


Comments:
Seriously, I am blown away by your recap. You were ready to post before I was even done watching in my time zone!

You had some real zingers but I think maybe my favorite is your finale, Beto expressing "his undying love to Mau's butt."

Oh my, those naughty nurses roughed up our hero just a bit, didn't they? I laughed out loud at those obvious and overdone gags. Why are cute guys who look stupid in hospital gowns such a hoot?

I predict that Estrella will get a wonderful acting gig before the end of this TN. She did a great job tonight. Xime looked truly confounded.

About lay vs. lie, you had it right the first time with lie.

Nice job Dr. Carlos, how fortuitous that you got the episode with all the pretty nurses, eh?
 

Wow Carlos. Have you been doing this all your life and didn't tell us?

I too am blown away by how smooth and how funny your first recap was. Like you were born writing. Maybe you were.

My faves? Jeronimo's "unseemly public display of affection" with the cash, and your "why do I feel the need to wipe my hands" after seeing sleazy Omar at work.

This was a real treat, Carlos. A fun episode and an even better recap. Gracias amigo!
 

I can only echo what Sylvia and Judy already did - wonderful and witty recap debut. Fabulous Carlos!

Loved "Mau's Angels" - especially Estrella, my favorite.

Have to agree that the last scene of Beto lovingly caressing Mau's butt was simply great. I was grinning from ear to ear...I'm thankful this is such a great show and even more grateful for you and all of the wonderful people who recap this funfest.

Diana in MA
 

Way to go, Carlos! My favorite: "What's another whack on the head more or less?" Guess I just like sight gags and our Keystone nurses were hilarious. I did notice that Mau had on a tee shirt under the hospital gown. Maybe they had to add that after the first take, hmmmmm....

Hard to imagine anybody mimicking Ximena, but Estrella nailed it. She's my favorite on this show so far.

Sylvia, id you get the vocab. I sent you? Needs polishng but we can offer it here later, if anybody wants it.
 

Gee, Carlos, I don't even watch this show, but I had to stop by to read your virgin recap ...and supply grammar advice. Once more : lie, lay, lain [to recline] I lie on the sofa every day. I lay on the sofa yesterday. I have lain on the sofa many times [or since four o'clock.] Lay, laid , laid [to put, place, or set something] I lay the keys on the table every evening. I laid the keys on the table last night. I have laid the keys on the table every day this week. Awesome recap, Carlos. Bravo.
 

Emilia, yes I got the vocab lists. Wow, what a collection! I'll get back to you later on them.

Susanlynn, lay vs. lie, not so bad in the present tense but once you get to the past tense it gets very confusing!
 

Great job, Carlos - just outstanding! What was all the trepidation about? Must have pertained to the new laptop, not your recapping skills - you done good.

Lots of good comedy in this episode and, yeah, the girls looked good in the nurse outfits!
 

Thanks to all for the warm reception to my first recap. It was a uniquely exhilarating experience. Again , Thanks to Sylvia for putting up with my bumbling computer ineptitude. You're tops.

Judy, I'm especially glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for your encouragement when I first began commenting.

Diana, thanks. I always look forward to your comments, you have such a refreshing sense of humor. You seem to catch even the most opaque attempts at humor.

Emilia, thanks. You and I share a lot of the same appreciation for this wonderfully funny show. I vacillate between Estrella and Ximena as a favorite. I also want your list.

Susanlynn, having you appreciate my recap makes my ego soar like an eagle. I always look forward to your comments. Thanks for that grammar refresher. I was trying to bait Judy, but you filled in nicely. I know you'd enjoy this TN if you were to watch it. It has something for everyone...well maybe not those seeking a deep life-changing message.

Oh, and Oscar's poor hapless pooch is named Junior. I guess he's expendable.

Carlos
 

Ah Carlos, mil gracias for taking the reins. I can't tell you how much these telenovelas were cramping my image with the ladies at OSU! You are clearly a natural recapper and I congratulate/thank you. Best of luck, amigo.

PS "Hi" to all my other friends! I miss you!
 

Mike, thanks. My struggles with the computer were epic. What an idiot I am. I completed the editing , sat back , relaxed with a little Johnnie W. and H2O, smugly proud of the effort. Thing was I forgot to save the changes so when I Emailed it to Sylvia, it was the rough draft. Duh! Well, live and learn. Glad you liked it.

Nickster, glad you checked in. Enjoy the University experience.

Clarification: fresas con chantilli

strawberries with whipped cream

Carlos
 

Amazing recap, Carlos! I really like how you boil down each scene into the essentials w/o including all the dialog, something I always struggle with. And then you make it funny with your observations. Well done. I liked your observation about Paula with her plastic weapons.

Speaking of Paula, I thought maybe Tano and she could be a match, but once again, it looks as if Estrella is getting the jump on her.

Estrella was hilarious with her superfresa act. For a second, I thought Ximena was going to says Estrella's outfit was wrong, but Estrella's total self-confidence overrode any doubts Ximena may have had.
 

Carlos, what a terrific recap and I do not even watch this TN. You are a natural!

rsk
 

Carlos, stick w/ a good Kentucky bourbon. That foreign stuff will make you forget things, QED.
 

Posting late however, I wanted to say well done Carlos. I can't believe you had any fear doing this b/c it was great!!

I found Mau's angels hilarious. Even though the scene with someone coming to the door (Jerry) was so obvious when they all gasped, I lost it!

ITA that Estrella and Xime are great. In an alternative universe they would be great friends.
 

Carlos, you're a total pro. Great job.

I have no idea how Mau made it through those scenes with a straight face. That is some award-worthy acting.
 

Congratulations Carlos! I stopped over to read your recap knowing you would be informative and entertaining, unlike this telenovela. Wishing you fun in your recap duties, intuition with your laptop, and ties to MEPS that keep you coming back.
 

I can't believe this was your first recap Carlos, it was so witty and fantastic, like everybody else has said, you are a natural.

I can tell by your writing how much you enjoy this show, the scene with Ximena and Estrella was fantastic, it's ironical that the best friends of the protagonist and antagonist look like they could be great friends and I thought Margarita Magaña did a great job there, I'd love to see her in a tv comedy show sometime.

Susalynn thank you for your input on grammar, it helps me alot as an ESL student, those verbs are so tricky.

Jarocha
 

Jarocha~~~I've taught ESL for many years. I'd gladly answer any question you have about grammar. The telenovelas are helping me to understand my Latino students and Spanish a little better . I appreciate all the valuable information you supply us with regarding Spanish and the Mexican culture.
 

So I was doing some clothes shopping the other day, and I noticed that short ruffled skirts were everywhere. In fact, Monita's look is kind of in right now. I hope Nickster isn't getting too grossed out and setting the lovely OSU ladies on fire.
 

Susalynn, I'm very grateful for your offer and I will take you up on it when I have troubles with the use of some words, and especially with grammar, wich has never been my strong suit.

Jarocha
 

Karen, thanks.Your encouragement over the weekend was both needed and appreciated. My primary fear was that I would disappoint you guys.

Julia, your comments are always clever and instructive. You've got me beaming.

Jarocha, your thoughts are always taken as gospel here. If you approve, well, that's the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.(A very good thing.)

Hombre, your point about the dialog is well-taken. This show is full of broad physical humor, but the dialog is such an important driving feature that it must always be kept in mind. I've studied the output of all of you recappers and have learned a lot from each of you. Glad you liked it.

rsk and Bonney, thanks for dropping by with your support. This really is a delightful show. I've spent much worse hours than any watching this.

Carlos
 

The vocab words are up! They are at the end of the recap.
 

Correct spelling for vocabulary words:

trancazo instead of trancaso

buscarse instead of buscarses

sorry.

Carlos
 

Carlos, loved your recap. I agree with Cap'n Sylvia. My favorite line was Beto expressing "his undying love to Mau's butt." Welcome aboard.
 

Sorry I'm late to the party. Carlos, awesome job! I always knew you were born to recap! I'm glad you've proven it to everyone else.

It was just an overall delight to read. Adalante!
 

Gloria, thanks. I'm flattered. I admire your work very much.

Paula, your opinion means a lot. Had it not been for your encouragement first, I doubt that I would have even considered trying it. I admire your work very much as well. Now that I've tried it, I admire you guys all the more. There is a discipline required that I hadn't considered. Nonetheless, it is truly a blast so far.

Sylvia, once again, thanks. You're tops.

Carlos
 

Ok, i'm way late, but I have to post here since this is your first....I'll copy over too.

Your wit is wonderful. Some of the gems I loved...:

she answers only to that wee little voice in her head.

The angelic little monkey is supplanted by the mopey mummy.

anemic but effective.


Wonderful entertaining and detailed job Carlos! Hurray!!! You did a fabulous job!!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder