Friday, September 11, 2009

En Nombre del Amor, September 10, 2009--Reunited and It Feels So. . .Angst-y

(Roughly episode #47 on esmas.com)


Diana’s on the phone with a mystery person, asking for help and for him or her to come to her house.

At the hospital Macarena tells Paloma she’s going to get well, like she’s never seen, and from now on things are going to be different. She promises that Pal isn’t going to have problems with money, she’ll be able to study wherever she wants. Just trust me. . .it’s time for all the lies to be over and for the truth to come out. Paloma doesn’t understand. Macarena says she discovered things that are going to change their destiny.

Cristobal is on the phone with Padre Benito (from his old church) saying that Macarena is alive, there was no suicide, I’m not a killer. Padre Benito hopes it’s clear to Cris now why God sent him to Real del Monte--he wanted you to find peace once and for all. Cris wants to know why did Carlota lie, why didn’t Mac look for him? The padre advises Cris to pray and ask God for guidance to be able confront his past and resolve his doubts.

Liliana is at the dance club dancing with some guy--he tells her that he wants to get to know her better, and she agrees to his suggestion that they go out alone.

Ines and Angelica talk about Ange getting a new job--she needs something with a flexible schedule so she can finish writing her book. Ange thinks maybe she can do some private therapy sessions for awhile to get by.

Orlando and Camila are drinking wine and laughing (she seems kinda giddy), she hadn’t realized how much she needed this evening. They start dancing, he tells her that he loves her, and they kiss.

So, it turns out that the mystery person is Ines, who has arrived at Diana’s house. Diana doesn’t want Emiliano to hear them. . .

Ines: We had agreed that Gudelia would never reappear in either one of our lives.

Diana: And you think I want her to come back? For me Gudelia died, but not for him. And now Orlando is here, he’s Emiliano’s boss.

Ines: I told you that you couldn’t disappear off the face of the earth like you wanted, that sooner or later life was going to make you pay for all that you did.

Diana: What do I do? How do I hide from Orlando? You have to help me.

Ines: How? I don’t even know. I only know what you told me about him. If it wasn’t for that day that we met in that place where you went to drown your sorrows, in order to try to be different, we never would have been friends.

Diana: We kept a secret for a secret. You didn’t want your parents to know that you worked in that nightclub as Diana, the queen of the town. And since I needed to disappear as Gudelia, I took your name when your parents were about to discover you.

Ines: And that favor cost me dearly. I think it would have been better that my parents find out about my real job. In the end it was no sin to sing there. On the other hand, you were about to commit the worst of sins.

Diana: But I didn’t do it.

Ines: Because you couldn’t, it was too late. I can’t help you Gudelia, that man knows you’re here. Why don’t you leave town? The divorce is the perfect pretext for leaving.

Diana: No, I don’t want to leave Emiliano or Rafael.

Ines: It’s the only solution I see. Run away, or confront Orlando, for whom it won’t be hard to put two and two together [atar cabos] and reach a conclusion.


Camila is back at her house wondering why she feels like she’s being unfaithful to Rafael. But she liked being with Orlando last night.

At the hospital, Dr. Rodolfo checks Macarena and says she can go home now; he offers to take her. Rufi leaves to get the house ready for them.

Macarena is getting ready to leave when someone comes in--her back is to the door and she thinks it’s Paloma so she says “Let’s go.” We hear Cris saying, “That’s what we were going to do the last time that we saw each other, remember? Go away together, Macarena.” Mac turns around and they have a tearful embrace.

Mac: You’re here, you’re alive! It’s like a miracle.

Cris: I also thought you were dead.

Mac: Dead, me? no. Only my heart from thinking you were dead.

Cris: They told me you had taken your life because of me. All this time I’ve been tormenting myself believing that I was a killer. And it was all a lie.

Mac: But who told you that I had killed myself?

Cris: Now I know that I should have checked for myself, but everything fit--you didn’t arrive at our meeting place, later I went to your house and there was a black bow over the door, you weren’t at the burial.

Mac: The one who died was my father. He died the night that I was going to go with you. Carlota discovered me and called my father. I tried to explain that if I was running away with you it was because he was never going to accept you.

Cris: You should have let me talk with him. It’s true that I didn’t belong to a well-to-do family, nor did I have money like he had wanted, but I was a man with good intentions.

Mac: I knew it, but neither he nor Carlota understood that. My father became enraged and suddenly got a strong pain in his chest and had a heart attack. All this time I’ve been burdened with his death on my conscience.

Cris: And I with yours.

The reunion is interrupted when Paloma comes in and calls him “Padre”, rendering Mac even more impactada than she already was, so he reveals to her that he’s a priest.

Dr. Rodolfo is in the hospital hallway talking with one of the ladies from church who has come to ask about Mac and why she fainted. He explains that Mac’s health isn’t good, due to the ups and downs in her sugar levels. What can we do to take care of her? Rodolfo says she needs to avoid scares and strong impressions or shocks (too late for that, doc), that they have to do everything possible to make her feel calm and at peace. He talks about sweet Mac is and that loves her not just as a patient, but also as a woman, and the church lady is thrilled to hear it.

Camila knocks at the Espinosa house when Rufi arrives home and gives her the news about Mac being in the hospital. Camila wanted to chat with Mac, and Rufi thinks Mac also has a lot to tell Cami.

Paloma talks away without noticing that Cris and Mac are looking at each other longingly with weepy eyes. She mentions that Cris was going to marry Natalia and he explains that he tried to remake his life with her (after years of agony over thinking he had lost the woman he loved most), but couldn’t. And he decided to dedicate his life to God. Paloma also spills the beans about Rodolfo and how she wants Mac to marry and be happy some day, and Cris is surprised to learn that Mac never married.

Carlota calls home from her hotel room and Rufi reports that Mac is in the hospital, she fainted yesterday. Carlota looks pleased by this and comments that despite Rodolfo’s treating her, she got sick. Rufi thinks Mac is definitely going to get better, forever. Carlota just smirks like Rufi is crazy.

Diana is in the plaza when she sees Orlando coming her way--she ducks behind a newsstand until he leaves. Ines comes up behind her and they hurry off to Diana’s.

Cris sees Mac and Paloma off from the hospital. Mac wants to continue talking with Cris tomorrow, but Rodolfo wants her to stay home and rest. Cris offers to come by the house but Mac thinks it will be better if she seeks him out once she’s recovered. Paloma bids Cris goodbye with another Meaningful Hug.

Diana complains that she can’t even go to the corner without Orly seeing her, she’s going to have to be hide in her house. My new hairdo was all for nothing. What am I going to do, and without Rafael? Ines wants to know what he has to do with this, and Diana wails, “everything!” If they divorce she won’t have anyone to protect her from that madman (energúmeno). She decides she can’t sign the divorce papers as long as Orly lives there, it’s too dangerous.

Romina is talking with a friend at school who asks if she already knows that Angelica was fired.

Orlando and Emiliano are in the office having a little chat about their love lives--Emiliano comments that Romina hasn’t come looking for him; he’d like for her to find someone that makes her happy. And how’s it going with Camila? Orly answers that it’s going well. He thinks maybe Romina is jealous of having to share her mom with him, so he wants to win her over and wonders if Emil can help him with that.

Romina goes to gloat over Angelica as she’s packing up her things. Ange says knows Romi is behind her getting fired. No, it’s your fault for being meddlesome (entremetida). Ange insists that she wasn’t mistaken about Romi, but R doesn’t care what she thinks.

Rodolfo and Paloma bring Macarena home and surprise her with balloons etc. She wonders how Pal was able to buy everything, and Pal confesses that she used some of the money Carlota had left for their expenses.

Emiliano tells Orlando that he thinks Romina hopes her dad comes back so her parents can get back together. German drops by with some paperwork for Emil’s and Orly’s business partnership--I guess he’s the only one who does any work there--to inform them the notary is waiting for them to sign. Orlando invites them out to dinner to celebrate and is going to invite Cristobal too. He comments that at least Emiliano and German don’t compete for any woman, because before Cris was a priest he always got along with (or flirted with, I’m not sure what he was saying) the woman Orly liked. But they had an agreement to never go out with the woman that the other was interested in. German looks uneasy and guilty during all this.

Camila reads the card Orlando sent her—it's been a long time since I’ve had such a wonderful night. From now on we can walk together like the couple that we are.

Rodolfo checks Mac again before leaving the house and declares that she’s doing well. Once he’s gone, Mac actually asks Rufi to shut the door--a first in this show, no?--and fills her in on her meeting with Cris at the hospital. He didn’t abandon me, he left believing I had died. Mac agonizes that now he’s a priest and belongs to God. Rufi thinks they still have a lot to clear up, especially how they came to believe the other had died. Mac believes she has the answer--only one person wanted them apart, Carlota. And Cris’s obituary, you think she made it up? Rufi asks. Mac vows that if she confirms her suspicions, Carlota’s whole world is going to crash down on her, because it’s not just the stuff with Cris, it’s also the issue of Paloma’s inheritance. Rufi warns her to be careful but Mac declares that she doesn’t care and assures herself of an anvil delivery by saying “even if it’s the last thing I do in this life.” If she caused this much harm, she’s going to have to pay.

Cristobal talks with Padre Mateo about the Espinosa family and mentions that he met them (as well as Paloma’s parents) years ago. Mateo says it’s a tragic family; Mac and Carlota are pious and have dedicated themselves to Paloma.

Carlota’s lawyer informs her that the detective found that Cristobal isn’t dead, and she’s very pleased, she wants to talk to Cris.

As Angelica sadly leaves the school she runs into Paloma, so she explains why she was fired. She warns Pal to be careful with respect to Romina, but Pal doesn’t believe Romi is a bad person. Paloma asks if they can continue to see each other, not as teacher and student but as friends. Of course, replies Ange. Romina was spying on them the whole time.

Orlando and Emiliano finish signing the paperwork, and Emiliano thanks him. Orly says he sees in him the son he never knew, and E wants to be deserving of that honor. As Julia said the other day, oh the IRONY.

Romina and Paloma briefly discuss Angelica’s departure, then Romi changes the subject to ask if Emiliano was worried about her when she was in the hospital, and if Paloma thinks that E is in love with her (Paloma). Paloma insists that she doesn’t care what he feels and that she would never go out with him. I know, because that would be betrayal, Romina replies, and among sisters, we don’t do that to each other.

Cris tells Orlando he thinks he’s going to need his friend more than ever now--he found Macarena, but he wasn’t ready for this revelation. Orly is amazed that Cris has found her here when he had just decided to bury his past. Cris is very nervous about talking with Mac again, as doesn’t know what other surprises he’s going to find. Sigh, the irony (and agony) of it all.

Rafa watches Camila walk Joel out from her store and give him a goodbye hug; he looks confused/annoyed.

Rodolfo brings a huge boquet of roses to Macarena. He’s ready to leave Real del Monte for the capital so Paloma can live with them while she studies, and so Mac can get away from Carlota forever. He asks her to marry him.


Previews: Mac says she has to resolve things from her past, things that can’t be postponed.

Labels:


Comments:
Cute title Deb. Of course that song will be going through my mind all day. Cristobabl and Macarena have found each other. What a relief. Short-lived no doubt but still. Thanks for the recap amiga.
 

Debbie, thanks for the recap. The Mac and Chris reunion was very touching. I hope they have a chance to wrap up all of the loose ends before Carlotta hits town. The adult storyline is much better than the younger set. Romina must be very much like a young Carlotta, in fact there are a lot of parallels in this drama.

rsk
 

rsk-I agree with you. I enjoy the older storyline also. I also think they are making Romina too one-dimensional...nasty. I used to like that her character was vulnerable/spoiled so you couldn't really dislike her too much and she was interesting to watch. Now she is just plain nasty which is kind of run of the mill.
 

Thanks for the recap Debbie. Still going through it and watching the show right now. Who is Camila going to end up with. They also had a song now for Camila and Orlando. And... Inez the mystery friend of Gudelia/Diana. Looks like they both weren't so innocent in the past. :)

JeffMN
 

I don't know why Cris didn't have his collar on when he met Mac, wondered about that yesterday when I saw the avances, but at least it didn't take long before she found out he was a priest. I was thinking they might stretch that out a day or two. :)

JeffMN
 

Thanks, Debbie. And great title!

Dr. Bermudez is dead to me. I wanted Mac to throw those roses back at him. Think that part of the scene where the roses wouldn't stay right on the chair was ad libbed? If so, Vicky Ruffo is a master.

I thought I didn't get it, but maybe I do. I didn't see why staying married to Rafael would protect her from Orlando. Seemed illogical. But maybe she will try to say Em is Rafa's and not his. But surely he can do the math.

Nice to see that Macarena was immediately on the right track about Carlota. This is why the adult story is better. Paloma's lack of comprehension about what Romina is really like now is wearing on me.

An interesting scene was Carlota finding out from the investigator that Juan Cristobal Gamboa had no death certificate. She looked very pleased. I guess we're meant to think she's delusional enough to think she still has a chance with him.
 

Exceptional recap Debbie. Your summation of "Sigh, the irony (and agony) of it all" said everything.

rsk, loved the reunion too. The ecstacy was short lived wasn't it?

Jeff, my thought was that Cris didn't wear the collar initially as he knew seeing him would be shock enough for Mac.

I can't imagine what Mac went rhough in the space of a few short moments. Finding her long lost love, only to find out he's a priest. Having her small family reunited although only Mac was aware.

ella, excellent point about Romina's character becoming more one-dimensional. There's no longer any empathy or tenderness, especially toward Camila.

My fear is that as Mac believes Cris is out of bounds for her, she'll regress to the person she was before. Hope not.

So, any possibility Cris will leave the priesthood? I gather that hasn't happened before in telenovas, but hoping this may break new ground. He and Mac have a child after all...

Diana in MA
 

Novelera, I also thought the roses weren't following the script and were refusing to cooperate. Thought that whole scene was ad libbed and yes, she did a great job.

And yes, "Dr. Bermudez is dead to me" too. Romina has a better chance for redemption than he does :)

Diana in MA
 

Amazing how much was revealed in this episode! Really well-done recap, Debbie, and especially thanks for transcribing those important conversations; it cleared up a few things I missed.

So Ines has a scandalous past! Ha. But...if she changed her name and was hiding from her family, how is her nephew living with her? Did she come clean after the parents died, or just when she decided singing in a club wasn't that big a deal? Does she have a job now? What does she do besides gossip?

I still think Carlota must have poisoned Mac while Paloma was in utero. How did she not notice something was going on between Mac and Cris? It was nice to have the whole family there together, though.

Why was Mac so concerned about the expense of the welcome home? How much can a few balloons cost? Is there an exorbitant tax on balloons in Real del Monte, The Town That Hates Fun?

Carlota sure looks happier lately. She's wearing more modern clothes, there's a bounce in her step, and she's even changed her eye shadow from purple to silvery blue. She should just stay in the D.F.
 

Debbie thanks for the recap, I really appreciated the dialog between Inez and Diana, that was great!

This TN is moving along nicely, I keep expecting things to drag on for months and months as in MEPS.

I actually was teary eyed when Mac and Chris finally met! A beautiful touching scene.

Paloma is a beautiful young woman but I also am getting tired of her being so innocent and dense. She is almost 18 but acts 12 and expects to go live in the big city...ALONE! Yikes! I am getting bored feeling sorry for her!

I still like Camila better with Rafi. Orlando will probably end up with Diana...poor guy.

Has anyone noticed in the church there is a scary looking doll statue on the left wall? It is dressed in white and has crazy messy hair. I am Catholic and have no idea who/what that is...anyone know???
 

Did anyone else find Paloma extremely annoying in this episode? She usually acts so mature, but was talking to Mac in her baby voice the whole episode, never leaving a chance for Mac to talk to either Rodolfo or Chris.
 

Debbie, thanks for the recap. The Paloma character is unfortunately true of a lot of well brought up girls. Till It hits them right in the face they don't see it. Mac and Chris's reunion was sweet, no drama, no Carlota and no phone calls, just perfect. They didn't accuse each other,they just seem happy and thankful the other was alive. Diana is certainly reaping what she has sown. How is she now going to tell both Raf and Emiliano that she has always been a liar. Can't wait

Hanna/md
 

Diana, it would be wonderful if Cris did leave the priesthood, but I doubt it will happen. It would be such an excellent outcome.

It's so nice to see Victoria Ruffo and Arturo Peniche working together again. I saw them not too long ago on Telemundo in Victoria. They are both excellent actors. When I saw the promos saying Peniche would play a priest, I was dubious. But I think he's nailed it.
 

I thought the expression on Cristobal's face when he heard Mac had never married was perfect. It was a tiny bit flattered/relieved "you were that in love with me?" but like 90% sadness for her, wishing she had been able to move on and be fantastically happy with someone even if it wasn't him.
 

Debbie – this was a terrific recap. I liked how you detailed the pivotal scenes and summarized the less important ones. I was very grateful for the dialog.

When Diana mentioned Inez’s having worked in a club, I was sooo hoping that she’d been a pole dancer. Aw, she was only a singer. And it was interesting that she took off those hideous glasses when she was talking to Diana. What’s up with that?

I wonder why Diana called Orlando a madman. He seems pretty sane so far, if a tiny bit stalkerish.

Julia, I agree, Carlota’s city self is intriguing. Her whole posture is languorous, and her clothes are much more stylish. Boy, is she in for a surprise if she meets up with Chris expecting him to be interested in her. Well, he will be, but not in the way she obviously hopes.

It’s interesting that it’s suddenly raining suitors for Camila and Mac, after all those decades of drought.
 

So what does Carlota expect to do with Cris when they find him? She seemed to light up thinking about him. Does she thing she has a chance with him? Or... is she looking to torment him with more information? :)

I noticed her hotel room also had a definite purple tint to it. Wonder if that cost extra? ;)

JeffMN
 

Great recap. Thank you.

I'm a little lost on the Angelica story. Why exactly was she fired and why is Romina involved?

maria/nj
 

Hi maria/nj.....
Here are a couple of quotes from Julia's recap a few days ago explaining the firing:

"The Madre Superiora tells Romina she’s so relieved things didn’t end up worse, and she wants Romi to get plenty of counseling from Angélica. “No way, I’m not going near her,” says Romina. MS asks what’s going on, and Romi says Ange has no ethics and has been trash-talking her behind her back. (Actually, right in front of her, too.) Hey, she is not at all wrong. Ange is the worst counselor (except for the one I had in high school, who was a doppelganger for Ursula in The Little Mermaid). "

and then

"Ange gets a well-deserved dressing-down from the MS. MS, who I like more and more, is seriously peeved, not only about the multiple ethics breeches, but also apparently they had a specific agreement that Ange would provide counseling during school only and work on her book in her free time, and on top of that MS is fuming about Ange’s speaking negatively about students to other students. The gist of this long-winded rant is that Ange is fired."

JeffMN
 

JeffMN,

thank you so much for the update on Angelica's story. After watching the episode yesterday, I totally think she has hots for Orlando.
 

Maryla... And I think the feeling was mutual. Lando looked pretty smitten himself. :) Frees Camila up for Rafa and creates love triangles, rectangles, some kind of geometric love figure. :)

JeffMN
 

question? Why is Inez and Angelina Living Together?????
are they secret lezz's lol J/K my sister told me they where sisters BUT I've Yet to hear Aaron call Ange Tia so I dont think so is she renting a room with Inez or what?????
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder