Tuesday, October 06, 2009

MEPS 10/05/09: Part 4 – Putting a Little Crimp on the Barbie

Anibal and Pris are at the hospital taking their turns with the recuperating Gonzo. He tells her he went to Damian Gallardo’s funeral just to make sure the guy was really dead. Yup. Total worm and “Buen provecho a los gusanos”— and may they enjoy the meal! AB says he is relieved that now there will be no possible threat of blackmail from Gallardo and their child will be the Elizalde heir. Pris is completely repulsed by the egoistical toad and warns him that his ambition will be the ruin of him. AnyBalls tells her that her old-fashioned commentaries irritate the be-Jésus out of him.

At another hospital somewhere in the area, Estev tells Padre Bosco through his tears that Eduardo’s chances of surviving are slim and none. The surgeons have told him they’ll have to reconstruct his organs, a very complicated procedure, but the only chance Ed has to survive. They’re putting him on a med-evac plane to Houston to have the surgery done, but they can’t guarantee he will survive even with the surgery. Jacinto, Venus, and Padre Bosco are beside themselves with grief.

Fernanda, Santiago and Aurora are chatting in the hospital waiting their turn so see Gonzo when Fer gets word that Barbara Greco was arrested by the police for killing Artemio Bravo.

Estev and Venus prepare to take our dear, near-dead Ed to Houston on the plane. Jacinto tells an unconscious Eddie not to give up because the Jinete Justiciero (“Avenging Horseman”) cannot die. Estev asks for Bosco to pray for his friend. Bosco says to keep him updated. They start to get on the plane with Eddie just as Estev’s cell starts ringing. It’s Fernanda. She tells him she’s been calling Eduardo’s cell phone but he won’t answer. Estev lies and says Ed couldn’t answer because he’d already taken a flight back to the States.

Fer looks over at Santi and tells him that Eduardo has already left the country and never bothered to say good-bye. She’s stumped-over-being-dumped impactada. Santi gives her a brotherly hug while she cries on his shoulder.
That night it’s AnyBalls turn at bat with his now doting daddy. Gonzo tells AB that Eduardo Juarez saved the family. AB says he’s glad to learn that it wasn’t Lili after all who killed their mother and insists that Barbara Greco must pay for all her crimes. Fer knocks on the door and brings in Lili for a surprise visit. Gonzo is relieved she’s back and the two share a tearful father-daughter hug.

At Jacinto’s, he and Margarita pray to the virgencita to save Eduardo. The two cry together and agree that he’s too good and noble a person to end up this way; he just doesn’t deserve such a sad end. Denia comes home from night class and asks why all the tears. Jacinto tells her that Eduardo’s left for good. Denia says she guesses it was useless for her to have had that chat with Fernanda telling her Franco was really Eduardo. Jacinto is hopping mad at her for opening her big mouth again. Denia explains it was not out of spite, but to help Fer and him to get together. She actually wanted to keep him from leaving after she’d realized Eduardo wasn’t ever going to come around. She’s mad that it was all for nothing now and storms off into her bedroom.

Time passes and suddenly the Eizalde’s are in the family chapel at the hacienda. Gonzo is fully recovered and they are having a funeral service for poor ol’ Uncle Art –or what’s left of him in that pretty brown urn on the table. Gonzo makes a big to do about him, accepts him finally as his brother and in honor of this momentous decision has decided to allow his ashes to be buried with the rest of the dearly departed familia. Gonzo says it’s true his brother was a hateful person who was full of resentments, but he also taught them worthwhile lessons about life. Through him Gonzo learned to appreciate those around him. He hopes that God will pardon his brother and allow Art’s soul some peace (a tall order with a devil like Artie). Padre Bosco blesses the ashes and then Lili places his urn alongside Ana Gregoria’s diary inside the vault. “Uncle, rest here where you belong, alongside your family.”

Several weeks later Barbara Greco’s trial is over and she receives her sentence, or rather, sentences for various crimes: 10 yrs. For counterfeiting/falsifying documents; 10 yrs. for the destruction of other’s property during her official capacity at Grupo Lactos; 15 yrs. for her part in instigating Aurora’s rape; 50 years for racketeering? --50 yrs. for kidnapping Lili; 150 yrs. for homicides including Monserrat, Marcario and Artemio Bravo’s. It’s a grand total of 235 yrs.; however the most she can be made to serve legally is 60. (Eh! My guess is she’d be toothless and wearing depends by then anyway.) AnyBalls looks over at Barbie behind bars and thinks to himself, “One less obstacle for me. Now I will be senior partner at Lactos.”

Barbara screams through the bars at Rory that she’s her daughter, she’s not going to lose her, and she’s never going to give her up because she is all Barbara has now. Ah-wah-wah does what she does best and cries. This time it’s from sheer embarrassment. Barbara screams curses at the Elizaldes as the guards drag her away to her cell. Gonzo scowls and hisses under his breath, “My mistake was having met you!” Lili runs up to him and wants to know if that means La Hiena will never hurt them again. He hugs her and assures her she won’t. Dr. Obregon is there in the courtroom and thinks about giving Lili a pat or a hug, but then thinks better of it and just leaves unnoticed.

Barbara keeps screaming all the way down the hall at the top of her lungs to let her go because she has to see her daughter. The prison doctor tells the guards to put her in an examining room so she can give her a tranquilizer. Barbara spits in the doctor’s face as they drag her off.

Cerisola is also in the courtroom. Anibal heads over to his dad and the attorney and makes a pitch that the 60% that Gonzo gave Barbara should now be evenly divided amongst the family. Gonzo tells him this is not the time or place.

Just then Miguel (minus the 5:00 shadow this time) shows up outside the courtroom and finds Fernanda to tell her he is back for good. He says he called at the hacienda and they told him she’d be there. Fer is happy to see him and mentions that so many things happened after he left. He says he’s anxious to hear about them. Lili turns around and wants to be introduced. Miguel turns on the charm and shows those pearly whites to Lili now. Fer notices (no doubt more than a bit relieved). Lili tells Fer he’s got a beautiful smile. (Lili, hon, you and I are tracking on that one.)

Back at the prison clinic office, the guards bring Barbara in on a stretcher. She fools the doctor into thinking that the tranquilizer has already taken effect. The doc tells the guards to come back in a couple of hours and then the doctor sits down at her desk to do some paperwork. Suddenly Barbara sneaks behind her and gives her the same knock-out neck punch she used on Artie. The doc is down for the count while Barb goes wild, screaming and breaking things. She finds a bottle of alchohol and decides to pour it over herself. She takes a lighter off the doctor’s desk, remembers how she poured gasoline on her parents and lit it with a match, and tells herself she’s going to have Aurora come see her out of compassion if nothing else. She flicks the bic and lights a corner of her prison dress. “Aurorahhhhhhhhh! Hijaaaaaaa!!!!!!!” Barbie G is now Barbie-que.

Migui and Fer go to the cafeteria for a chat and coffee. She tells him that Lili will be finishing her therapy in a few months and will be fully recovered emotionally. She couldn’t be happier with the prognosis. Miguel says her eyes say different. He sees a yearning and sadness in them. He asks what’s going on. She hesitates to say because she says she doesn’t want to hurt him, considering how things ended right before he left last time. He asks if it has to do with another man. She says yes; it’s that Eduardo is alive.

Labels:


Comments:
Good morning Jardinera. Loved your "bejesus" and "Lili, you and I are tracking on that one". Yes, Miguel does have a beautiful smile and it was great to see Liliana doing something besides staring off into space. Staring at Miguel is a big improvement!

Big mushy soft-hearted pear that I am, I was very moved by Artemio's funeral and the forgiving words of Gonzo and the affectionate farewell of Liliana. I too hope that this tormented bitter man can finally rest in peace. And I hope that for Barbara when her time comes. I would love to see the evil in this world stopped for all time, but I don't wish an eternity of suffering on anyone.

Okay, climbing down from my soapbox now and thanking you, dear friend, for months and months of excellent, scintillating, clever recaps. You are always a joy to read.
 

I second Judy's comment, your recaps are always detailed and fun. Thanks! I hope never to see Mr. Robotic Smile as a lead in anything. No, having excellent dental work is NOT sufficient qualification for work as an actor. I too was moved by Artemio's funeral. We never found out how he got so rich btw.
 

Miguel was a pleasure to look at, but he was quite the dud personality-wise. His mild manner should be perfect for Lili, who's had more than enough excitement in her life already.
 

Jardinera --- Funny title and even funner - Barbie-que! Thank you for all your recaps over the months. That is a lot of work and I appreciate it. My comprehension is not always spot on, so you and all the other recappers helped this telenovela make sense to me. Well... as much as a telenovela can make sense. (wink/grin)

Aaaaah, Miguel. Eye candy.

I liked the funeral for Arte, and thought it was nice that Bonzo accepted him into the family. Esp. after he never knew he had a brother, much less one that was hell-bent on destroying the Elizaldes. Major lessons in forgiveness all around.
 

Woops, sorry about those comments about the wedding - that was a cut-and-paste error.
 

Jardinera,

Thanks for all your wonderful DETAILED recaps, We really need you. For example, I thought "Jinete Justiciero" meant Mule Justice. I'm glad you cleared that up. Thanks for making my Saturdays a lot of fun. I had something to look forward to other that errands, cleaning, babysitting and cooking....YOUR RECAPS...a million thanks!

Wow, you all are kinder that I am. I thought Artie should be buried quietly without the full family respectfully in attendance. It would be fine if Father Bosco gave him a church blessing, but wow, everyone was there dressed to the nines!

Julie, I agree with what you said about Dam, he had a more agonizing death than Artie. I guess a chance for repentance counts for something
though.

Sandy inTN
 

Jardinera, you slipped in a few classics, you sly dog! Near dead Ed & Barbie Que...OMG, you're cracking me up! (he he he...Barbie Que...love that one!)

So my azul ojos must have closed for just a few momentitos because I totall missed a chunk of the action, like the court room drama, Lili's recovery & Miguel's pearly whites. Thank you, Jardinera!! I knew I was out of sequence when I woke up to see Barbie Que (LOL!!! I just can't stop laughing at that) doing her "I'm en fuego" dance.

I'm a little stumped at Gonzo's forgiveness to Artie. Not sure I'd be so kind to someone who tried to bump off my family. I missed the funeral scene so just MHO.

Barbie Que! Priceless!
Maggarita
8(:-}
 

Fantastic Jardinera! What a show!

Miguel--still creepy even without the 5:00 shadow.

Hey Barb, I wouldn't do that, it's going to leave a mark! Freddie Kruger indeed!
 

Jardinera, thanks for all the great recaps you've provided for this TN. Loved your "Barbie G is now Barbie-que" and "She’s stumped-over-being-dumped impactada." I'm really happy to see that you'll be doing Sortilegio. I'm not sure about the TN, but I love the recaps. (Not to mention how desperately my Spanish needs them.)
 

Wonderful recap, Jardinera! Appreciate the detail you put into the recaps.

Barbara, ever the control freak, sets herself on fire? That will show them.

I suppose Gonzo's redemption was inevitable if Fer was going to have complete happiness...
jb
 

Got to get to work, but like the terminator always says, "Ahll be bahhk!"

-- Thanks to all of you who help make my weekends lots of fun.
 

Thank you Jardinera for your fun, fantastic recaps. I always enjoy reading your mocking commentaries that you include.

"Padre Bosco blesses the ashes and then Lili places his urn alongside Ana Gregoria’s diary inside the vault. “Uncle, rest here where you belong, alongside your family.” -- actually as I remember, Lili puts the urn in the vault then places the diary alongside the urn.

Thanks for the adding up of the years of Barbie's sentence. 235 years total but 60 years maximum is all the courts can allow by law - well, she'll either be eating baby food and wearing depends or dead by the time she is up for parole and released.

Barbie Q -- LOL. priceless. :)

Jinete Justiciero means Avenging Horseman and not Lone Ranger. Thank you for clearing that up for us.

Jody :)
 

Let me add my thanks for all your work on this TN, Jardinera. As others have said, you have become part of my weekend routine (the part I most look forward to). Your wit and intelligence and commitment have added immeasureably to my enjoyment of MEPS and I enjoyed MEPS very much. Thank you, thank you.
 

Melinama, Julie, Jody, Chris, Kat, and Jardinera,

I just finished reading all the recaps and comments and would like to thank you all for a fabulous job on perhaps the most satisfying ending that I have yet seen. I guess it all boiled down to a resentful rancorous old fart who had nothing more worthwhile to do than take 15+ years to try to destroy a family that wasn't even aware of his existence. Made for a rollicking good ride, however. It prompted some lively discussions and speculations. The Elizalde family made the sitdown family dinner into riotous entertainment and their parties were real events. Good to see Lil free and happy once more.

Carlos
 

I don't care how semi-redeemed he was by the end, I still imagine that Artemio was spinning in his urn screaming "no, don't make me spend eternity with them!" and cursing every member of the family! I don't think he ever would have wanted to be considered a member of the family, the stubborn old goat.

Barbie Q...priceless!
 

Jardinera, my earlier comments was meant to go on the wrap up blog that Melinama posted right before this and was meant as thanks for all. Let me say that I absolutely enjoy your style and though we've not met face to face, I feel like you are an old friend. I wish your job would bring you my way. Your biting but warm wit is a joy and you have a perceptive sense of humor. I bet the Drs. that you call on look forward to your visits. Thanks for providing such wonderful weekend entertainment these last many weeks. Generally I get to read your recaps on Sat while sitting on the patio with a cool drink as Bonnie Belle and her friends frolic in the back yard. What perfect relaxation. I'm glad you'll be back with Sortilegio. I hope that it's good but for the sake of you recappers...not too good.

Carlos
 

Great recap, Jardinera, and thanks for all of your superb recaps.

I always find it strange the way they have the accused behind that grill when they do the trials. A little demeaning. But in Barbara's case, she deserved it. Guess they don't have the death penalty, but 235 years should do it (although the maximum is 60). I also found it interesting they convicted her of killing Macario, although we never found out how.

Again, thanks so much for terrific work!
 

I can only echo what everyone's mentioned Jardinera. Thanks for everything - your recaps have always been a joy to read. Diana in MA
 

OMG............jardinera......U R the greatest and i love your style have enjoyed all your recaps through this fun ride....MEPS was great and you made it even better.....The Barbie G to Barbie-Q was the greatest ever....am still laughing....BNinCA.....
 

Thank you for your fantastic reacap Jardinera. I especially liked your Barbie G is now Barbie-que.

I didn't liked that Artemio was basically forgiven at the end when he had been much worse than Barbara. I felt the writers were a little unfair with the punishment of those two. Babs got a horrible commeupance while just died (yeah, I think dead it's not a terrible destiny).

I was pleased with the trial because they tried to make it at least a little bit real by using a true mexican courtroom. Most novelas are horrible in this aspect and they get trials completely wrong. Probably in real life Barbie's case would have taken a longer trial and the press would have been present, but I'm still satisfied with the scene.

Hombre: Not all defendants are behind the grill on their trials, just the ones imprisoned beforehand that weren't released by bail. Babs admitted to committing murder so I don't think she was allowed a bail.

Liliana lucked out at the end. Miguel is gorgeous!

Jarocha
 

Haaaa! Haaaa! Crimp on the Barbie and Barbie-que....what a wicked sense of humor. Thanks for all the laughs from all of your recaps for this novela.

So glad this novela is over as the tight beanie was permanently restricting blood to my brain. And thanks to Silvia Navarro for her
excellent acting for saving it for me. The Gonzo/Artemio actor was doing a great job of crazy vengeful and dumb as a doorknob as well.

GinCA
 

Miguel is arguably the most handsome man to ever appear in a telenovela.
 

Jardinera~~~I have to give you a great big thank you for ALL your excellent recaps that I have enjoyed through the months. I always look forward to stealing a little time on weekends to read your clever take on things. Wish we could get together for a cuppa to laugh and discuss in person. I'm glad that you'll be staying on to recap Sortilegio. It will make having neither FC or Big Ed Yanez easier to bear. I'll have to be content with our excellent recappers and commentors and my telenovio Marcelo Cordoba. I'll be brave. Onward. p,s. Lucero is fearless. How many actresses would let down their hair, remove all their makeup, and film a scene like that . What a far cry from her usual roles and happy endings as the beautiful heroine. Kudos, Babe.
 

Just 2 more comments. BarbieQ...HA cut-it-out !!! Miguel just does not do it for me. I find his grin insincere teetering on smarmy.
 

Crimp on the Barbie? Priceless!! You nailed this one again.

I was totally surprised by the Barbie-Q. I expected her to escape prison and make one more attempt to get Aurora and nieto. There was enough time left for that to happen.

I'm echoing the others in that you have made Saturday for more than errands!

Interesting takes on Miguel. I thought the actor did a good job. When he first returns to Fer's life at Erika's urging, there was something oily and insincere about him. I was expecting maybe a fortune hunter. This time he seemed different to me, sincere in his affection for Fer and sincere in his willingness to step aside when she told him he had no chance. His lines weren't that much different; his facial expressions and body language did it.
 

I've been reading the recaps for the past few months. And it's interesting how many non english speakers love telenovelas.

I want to let you guys know that the ratings for the finale reached 11 millions last night. Beatin english speaking shows on the major networks.

I'm learning spanish watching univision prime time. Can't wait for Sortilegio.

My favorite novelas of all time is Amor Real. There's nothing like it. So I'm sure Carla estrada will surprise us as always (Pasion, Alborada, Amor Real, ect...)
 

Thanks for another great recap Jardinera. I didn't see that coming, Lili getting Big Mig. I thought Barb would be setting a fire, but not to herself. Very good final. Thanks again for all of your fantastic recaps. I see you are onboard for Sortilegio. I can't wait.
 

Jardinera, thanks for another pearl in your string of great recaps. Barbi-que! Ha!
La Paloma
 

Jardinera, thank you so much for the excellent recaps, I always enjoy them as much as watching the actual show!

Miguel gives me the creeps with his squinty beady eyes, not to mention he blinks way too much! I was hoping he would have shown up with Erika. Lili is too sweet for his macho slimeness. Plus I dont want him getting his hands on her fortune!

Some BFF Erika turned out to be not going to the wedding, I was hoping she would show.

I also didnt care for Fer's dress or veil/hairdo. We waited soooo long for this wedding I thought she would look like a princess.
It looked too plain from the 60's.

My final question for this Novela is:
someone please explain to me why Artemio had Eduardo "killed" and what WAS IT that Ed knew that could destroy Artemio since eveyone already knew he existed???
Did I miss something???

Thank you all !
 

I want to thank all the Recappers, my thanks no lessed diminished by not calling you by name. I include the substitute cappers and all the community of Caray Caray.

I thoroughly enjoyed the finale, I just finished and my husband got home from work and found me crying, he's razzin' me now. No me importa.

I haven't read any caps or comments yet, that will be later. I feel satisfied by the outcome for our Lovers, all of the them and that there's even a chance for las solteritas to get hooked up.

I feel a need to express my condolences to Carlos, Hombre, DD y los otros hombres for what happened to Babs. I couldn't watch the burning and the shock of her survival and wretched appearance is sure nightmare fuel. Dios Mio!! That's all for now. I will later read what all you guys had to say. Again, Gracias Mil Veces a Todos!

Khalilah
 

Can't wait for sortilegio
 

Jardinera, thanks for this latest recap , and for all the previous ones, too.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder