Monday, October 05, 2009

MEPS Finale, part 1.

I hadn't anticipated how difficult it would be to write this recap while trying to watch the rest of the show! Therefore, little editorial comment.

Fer gets her moment to scald Fr/Ed for his deception. "Are you going to sign as Franco or Eduardo? What cynicism! At least Artemio Bravo, the worst enemy of my family, told the truth. In contrast - you lied no matter how many times I asked for the truth ... I owe so much to Franco, but I hate Eduardo" ...

Barbara hovers over Daffy, who gasps out "Assassin! Barbara Greco or Rebeca Sanchez - under which name will you go to prison?"

Barbara tells the nurse "my husband is delirious, so rush out of here for help, leaving him completely alone so I may murder him!"

To Daffy: "For fifteen years I tolerated you, you decrepit old codger, I'm glad you know now. The repugnance I felt! Now I just want to kill you!" "Why?" "This is no moment for questions - better prepare for your Maker." She pulls his plugs and walks out.

Santi, waiting uselessly in the hospital hallway, gets a call from Fer: "Don't let Her hurt Daddy." Barbara sashays by, saying: "Go to him - you shouldn't have left him alone." "Go away and never come back." "It's your lucky day, because you're never going to see me again."

Daddy is having seizures. Again with the appalling lack of security and monitoring in the Mexican hospitals...

Back to Fer and Fr/Ed. He: "I know you won't forgive me and that's why I'm leaving forever." He explains his rage over his mother's death and his despair when he arrived to see her marrying Damian.

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have left him that moment!" "Because you told me you were in love with him." "I was wrong."

She thinks and gets madder. "You made me feel guilty about your suicide! You sent flowers in your mother's name! Do you know how I cried? Your death destroyed my soul! Then I fell for Franco - but even in our most intimate moments you continued to lie." He reiterates, he'll leave forever once Aurora is safe. She wails, "It isn't fair - I loved Eduardo, but he's dead, and I loved Franco, but he never existed!"

Flor calls: Damian is mortally wounded. Damian's mother is wailing over his bed: "God will give you another chance." "There's no time, mom! ask God for me!" Fr/Ed and Fer have rushed to the hospital and she enters. "Pardon me, I failed you again," Damian murmurs (referring to his promise to return Aurora), and dies. Fer is a widow.

Lucio foolishly demands ransom money via cellphone while Aurora huddles in the corner. Barbara says she'll pay whatever he asks. He gets in her car and fondles the bundles of cash exultantly!

Lucio takes her to Aurora who embraces her happily. "Where is Santi?" "Let's go to a hotel, you can wash up and get pretty for him." Aurora luckily calls Fer from the hotel, happily saying she's waiting for Santi. Fer and Fr/Ed evidently rescue her - Barbara returns (after a smoke break?) to an empty room!

Artemio hears that Lucio has gotten the ransom and given Aurora (this is like a shell game) to Barbie. "You work too fast, Rebeca, but you won't get far with my daughter." Barb calls, finds out from Artemio that Aurora is at the Elizalde home, and that Franco is Eduardo. she's shocked to find out she's had her worst enemy at her side all this time. "Does Fer know?" "Why don't you ask her?" sez Artemio.

At some point along the way, Artemio's goons get Lucio and dispatch him, I assume.

At the hotel, Fer and Santi wonder how to tell Aurora her mother is an assassin. But here's Barbara bursting in! She begs on her knees that they give Aurora back. They agree Aurora has a right to choose for herself and that Barbara will get an answer next day.

To be continued...

Labels:


Comments:
Good job! Thank you Melinama for creating this blog and wonderful community. I don't comment often, but like to thank all the recappers at the end of a series. So thanks to all. Enjoy the next novela.
 

This was absolutely, positively the most satisfyingly awesome perfect final EVER!!!
 

Dear Fiddler Melinama, Thank you again for this blog and the incredible community it helped create. I have enjoyed this entire telenovela both as a recapper participant and as a commenter and supporter. The story was animated with no significant dead periods. The characterizations were fabulous with some sure to produce prizes quality performances.

What an inspired way to study Spanish, enjoy Mexican culture and meet all the Blog stars we meet every day here. Thank you all.
 

It WAS a great finale. Except poor Fernanda, worst wedding dress ever caps off months of horrible clothes. Aurora = much cuter without bangs. Anibal shoveling cow poop = very satisfying. Did Pris go off with Vladimir do you suppose? And whats-his-name the smiling automaton, good match for poor Lily whose brain was scoured long ago by her treatments. Obregon in his striped socks at the "Balaika" doing the cancan = priceless. heh heh heh.
 

Melinama, I don't know how you managed to write such a great recap while continuing to watch the rest of the finale. You're amazing! Thanks so much, both for the recap and for this terrific site.
 

Thank you Melinama for a great ride, it has been fun. I must admit that some days Caray, Caray was better than the episode.

rsk
 

Melinama: Two plus years ago I couldn't understand a word of LA FEA MAS BELLA when I came upon it unexpectedly. Then I found your blog. It kept me watching telenovelas, and now I can watch and understand without closed captions. Thanks for your efforts --and for all the people who give their time in recapping.
NJ sue
 

Gracias Melinama,
Great start to a fantastic finish.

Sure would like a post for Cristina for tomorrow night.

I have the news on & someone fell out of a hot air balloon, it wasn't Eduardo.
 

I'm glad those two ended up together, they went through alot together, and Rebecca thought she was going to get out of going to jail by putting herself on fire.



thanks
reb
 

Melinama - thank you for all your recaps here for us. You always provided us with great snark, too. ;-)

What a great Fin! I got home in time to watch the last half . . . for the 3rd time. (ack) It is much nicer on a real TV screen, instead of the 4" Youtube..... and at least this time I 'got it' that that was Marcario's widow at the sentencing.
 

I was so thrilled when I saw your recap up, to realize that it wouldn't be a rerun for the first hour! I'm so glad you had the idea for this blog. I'm having the best time doing this :)
 

Thank you Melinama for the wonderful and entertaining recap. I also am so happy that we got three full hours of new episode material to recap.

Thank you for starting this blog. With all of the recappers and the commenters, we definitely have an incredible team here.

Jody :)
 

Thanks, Melinama, for recap numero uno. Oh what a ride!
Maggarita
 

Melinama,

Thanks for this recap and more than that, this wonderful spot where so many people lighter their day. I usually don't use religious terminology but your work here is like mission work, it helps spread the joy of learning a language and perhaps encourages understanding between people from different cultures, and also, as people have posted, it serves as a place for those who are having a difficult time to come and feel a sense of community. That is a little heavy, but I mean it!! Thanks!

Sandy in TN
 

Thanks, Melinama, for this and all your great recaps, and for organizing this blog! I'm yet another person who's Spanish comprehension has grown exponentially since starting to read it. See you around town!

Your fellow Chapel Hillian, (I'll post my picture eventually, so you'll know be if you run into me).
 

Melinama: You do work fast. Thanks for a great, fun start for this 6 part journey. Caray, Caray! What a freekin' marathon of a finale!
 

Melinama, thanks for your wonderful recap and for everything you've done to create this wonderful blog. Diana in MA
 

Thank you Melinama for the recap and for providing this forum for us. What a fun way to connect with others and to learn Spanish in the process. Why can't they do this in school?!
 

Melinama: Thanks, again. I've been doing all my recaps while watching the program. No wonder I feel a little burned out. Anyway,

Throughout most of this telenovela, Freduardo wore a lot of eyeliner. I thought of Rudolf Valentino everytime I saw him. Here is his new name: Frudi.
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. This has been another fun experience thanks to you and your development of this blog. Thanks to all you other recappers and those in this great community also.
 

Simply...........THANK YOU.......
BNinCA
 

Melinama thanks for the hard work you put in same goes to everyone else involved in the recapping. it sure helps with the translation and comprehension. Great job everyone.



Ibarramedia
 

Missed you first time around, Melinama. You got your recap done so quickly it came in before Carlos' of Gancho.

See the magic you have created?....you've helped so many people learn Spanish in addition to providing a fun, warm and welcoming community. Hooray for computers, the internet and most of all for you and your creative, fruitful idea.

Poor Barbie. It wasn't a cigarette break. She went out to buy a new wardrobe for her daughter. In spite of all her evil deeds, my maternal heart ached for la Hiena in this finale. Her self-imposed immolation, resulting physical and emotional pain were so palpable and intense. This was one humdinger of an ending.

What cruel punishments the writers give female villans! Remember the dreadful rape and desperate wandering of that poor blind lady in Pasión? Message is clear: if you're a woman, you really really have to toe the line! Guys might get a little more slack.
 

Melnama, let me echo Judy's sentiments. I bless the day that I stumbled into the world of Caray Caray. It's our own little Mexidoon. Good luck with all your projects. You are indeed a jewel.

Carlos
 

JudyB,

I agree with your thoughts on the cruel punishments for women. What about Artie's mom, Ana Gregoria dying on the fountain in the town square in the rain with tiny Artie in her arms...pretty tough stuff.

Sandy
 

Thanks Melinama for creating this wonderful blog. I've been around since you did Amor Real all by yourself. Your recaps are always marvels of economy and snark. Hats off to the Chapel Hill Fiddler!!
 

Melinama~~~Thanks for this final recap, and I'll join everyone else blessing that creative mind of yours that decided to create caraycaray. I've fallen down this rabbit hole , and like Alice , I've met lots of colorful characters ....some in the novelas and others who are real folks who inhabit this site as recappers and commentors. No matter what my day brings, I always look forward to spending a little time here each day...my guilty pleasure..pure escape. My students wrote paragraphs about their daily routines , and one described the hours between 7 and 9 as ''my sacred time for my novelas''...so we are not the only ones with an addiction to these stories and characters. On to Sortilegio. p.s. Did they cut out scenes ? How did Art know that Aurora was with the Elizades?
 

Dear Fiddler/Melinama: thanks for the wonderful world of Caray, Caray! One can't watch the novelas without sharing those incredible moments in the novelas where one knows that confounding scene deserves a very snarky comment. And there seems to be so many of them. But they certainly make these novelas entertaining.

GinCA
 

Barbara left Aurora alone to go shopping for her. Greco returned with bags of merchandise.
 

Melinama, thanks for another great recap and thanks for a great site, Caray Caray!
So did both Jacobo and Lucio bite the dust? I guess we'll never really know.
Things turned fast for Aurora, at least she got with the good guys. Good thing she made a phone call, getting smarter all of the time. :)
 

Thanks, Melinama, for another wonderful recap, and of course thanks for this entire world of Caray Caray!

I thought it was so funny when Barbara pulled Gonzo's plug. It didn't work, but it really symbolized her haughty aloofness and his floundering helpnessless. Of course, each show has one person who is redeemed, and I guess Gonzo won the prize for this show. In the end (after he recovered), he looked stronger and smarter than he had in the entire show. And of course that was good, since Fernanda, Santiago and Liliana loved him so much. I was happy that he ended up in a good light (and of course, he had to recognize all the bad he had done).

On to Sortilegio!
 

Melinama, Thank you for this recap, but a million, gazillion thanks for this wonderful site. The work and time you must spend on us make it a true labor of love. I hope you know that you are appreciated and that you have brought a multitude of little joys to our lives.
Barbara
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder