Monday, October 05, 2009

MEPS finale, pt. 2: "I've got a bad feeling about this"

Ditto what Melinama said about recapping while watching. Therefore, I'm posting this hasty rendition for now, and I'll polish it up afterwards.
Polished!


Much to Babs's surprise, no one is moved by her pleas. Santi says he doesn't want this murderer to ever meet his child. Ed reminds him that the only way to prevent Babs from doing more damage is to let Aurora decide if she wants to go with her mother. Fer says it's not up to them to decide without consulting her.

Santi refuses to deal with la Hiena and storms off. Ed reminds Babs that her freedom is in the Elizaldes' hands. Babs looks confused. "Did you forget you killed my mother?" Fer asks. Babs blames that on Lili, and Fer gives her a fantastic slap. Ed separates them while Fer screams at Babs for having Lili committed all those years. Ed says they're not referring to Lili's testimony, but to Bravo's.

Babs scoffs at the notion that Bravo would ever side with them and laughs like a hyena. "He's not going to change his plans just because you ask!" Then she tries to drop the big bomb about Franco being Ed, and gloats over what an effort it must have been for him to pass himself off as a gentleman, but Ed says that this was much easier for him than it was for her to pass for a lady!

Babs tries again, saying that he's just a cook's son in fancy clothes, but this effort fizzles as well. Fer says, "speaking of origins, why don't we talk about Rebeca Sanchez?" Babs tells them to mind their own business! Fer tells her to leave. Bab claims it's her house as long as she's married to Gonzo and she wants to see Aurora. Ed taunts that she's in no position to demand anything. Fer says tomorrow Aurora will decide whether to go with Babs or not. Barbeca Grec-chez whips her housekeys out of her purse, flings them onto the floor, and leaves. Wow Babs, you sure showed them!

Aurora and Santi have a happy reunion with essential kisses.

Ed visits Gonzo at the hospital. He says he's Franco Santoro and wants to say goodbye before going back to the EEUU. Gonzo thanks him for being the family's guardian angel... he inherited that noble quality from his mother Soledad! Gonzo apologizes to Ed for sending him away and credits his brother for opening his eyes to the truth. (Sure, after several decades' delay...) Now he can die! Ed says no, your family needs you. Gonzo says that if God gives him another chance, he promises to fix all of his errors.

Santi introduces Lili and Aurora. Lili (wearing regular clothes for the first time in forever!) says they will have the happiest baby in the world.

Ed is saying goodbye to Jacinto before leaving for the US. (Apparently, going by his jacket, he will morph into some kind of magical zord for the trip home a la Power Rangers. Thanks Doris for pinpointing what he looks like!) He leaves a ton of documents with Esteve and takes off.

Esteve tries to cheer Jacinto up, but Jacinto is uneasy. "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Meanwhile, Bravo is on the phone with his henchmen who are following Ed. He tells them to stand by for his order.

Santi tells Aurora all about how Babs murdered his mother, framed Lili for it, had her committed at Miraflores for 15 years, etc. And the person who was behind it all? Artemio Bravo, Aurora's father! And Babs put Camilo up to the rape, too and even supplied the knockout drops.

Aurora is horrified and doesn't want to hear any more. Santi tries to calm her down, but Aurora says she needs time to think. Santi agrees to wait for her decision.

Ed takes his bike to a nightclub, where our long-lost Dr. Obregon is - I kid you not - choreographing a cancan act. In a red feather boa. Somehow he looks at home. The henchmen wait outside.

Fer and Santi talk about Aurora being upset. She waited her whole life to meet her mother. But they have to wait for her to decide before they turn Babs in.

Obregon eagerly agrees to testify against Babs - he wants her to pay for all her crimes. All he asks for is a little immunity. He will be overjoyed to see her rot in a ditch (rough translation of "pudrirse tras las rejas").

Santi asks Fer why she she was so hard on Franco when they met in the elevator in the hospital before. She tells him that Franco's really Eduardo Juarez. Santi is impactado.

Henchman tells Bravo they're ready for Ed, just waiting for the right moment. Bravo tells them to do away with him. Ed comes out of the nightclub, but his Spidey-sense warns him of danger and he takes off before the guys can get a shot. He leaves in such a hurry that he drops his helmet, but that's the least of his worries now!

Fernanda rants and raves about how awful Ed was, he had a thousand chances to tell her who he was. Santi thinks she's being unfair and points out that although his name was false, his desire to help the family was real and since she still loves him, she should forgive him too.

Ed, the bad guys, and a bunch of other stunt drivers go on a spectacular chase during which he pops some seemingly gratuitous wheelies. He dodges into a parking garage, then straight into a hotel lobby... two bad guys follow him on foot, tripping over chairs in a seminar room.

Now he's riding down an access hallway and emerging out the back of the building, the two guys still following him on foot, and the bad guy car is waiting for him, but he evades, goes down a narrow street where there's an unrelated car blocking the way. He does an abrupt U-turn, but the guys on foot are right behind him, and their car is there too.

So he turns around again and looks at the parked car blocking the narrow street. The car doors are open; people are obliviously getting out of the car. The way is completely blocked.

No problem. Eduardo jumps the car with his bike! The other guys climb over the car, the badguy driver curses, and Ed rides down a long outdoor stairway to safety!

For now...

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks to you too Julie for your part in this wonderful telenovela. I am sorry to see it end but revel in any show that leaves you begging for more instead of begging for deliverance. You have done a super job recapping too with your great skill and humor.
 

Julie, Although I've been lurking for most of this telenovela, just wanted you to know that I've enjoyed your recaps very much. Thanks. And I agree this was a terrific finale. NJ Sue
 

Ayyyy Julie, thank you for the recap so soon! I thank you for all your recaps- they are a labor of love and I appreciate it.

I'm not big on catfights, but I was cheering when Fer bitch-slapped Barbie.

Ah, Dr. O, oh so light in his loafers, red boa and all. We knew he had it in him!

Did you not just love the Ed-wearing-his-Power Rangers- outfit, and the motorcycle chase? I was truly ROFLOL. I mean,,,, who pops wheelies when they're trying to escape??? And I totally lurved Ed kneeling on his motocicleta seat when he arrived at Las Animas. (more LOL)
 

Alone, I made an audible sound at the ludicrous nature of Eduardo's jacket. Yes, and the wheelies! Hah! Let me do some tricks for you while I am escaping your bullets!
 

LOL! Power Rangers, yes! That's what he looked like!

I was just about to post the "polished" version, but now I have to tweak it. Thanks, Doris!
 

I want to thank EVERYONE who participated in recapping, reading, commenting, etc. on MEPS. These have not been the best months of my life (not the worst either, just kinda crummy), and having some continuity here at Caray has been a huge help.

Also, with my iffy cable situation and heavy work schedule, there's no way I could have stuck with MEPS without Caray.

Eventually, hopefully, I'll be able to can go back to recapping regularly. Until then, I am so so so glad I can still hang here!
 

Gracias Julie,

I noticed Damian had no marks on his throat.

FC popping wheelies?? FC was a stuntman & motorcycle enthusiast & does a lot of his own stunts but I doubt that was him going over the car, Evil Knievel maybe? I bet that was the most fun he had in the novela.
 

I think the motorcycle scene was gratuitous for all the men who have endured this telenovela, and meant to be dorky entertainment. Evil Knievel and all that. Woo Hoooooo!!!!!
 

THANK YOU Julie so much for your excellent recaps, without you and the others I would have stopped watching this Novela months ago because my Spanish stinks! Now my Spanish has improved and I am hooked to Novelas and Caray!

I loved how Damian died without a scar or bruise on his gorgeous body!
 

Fabulous recap! I had a hard time telling whether it was really FC on the bike the whole time or not. They could have just had him keep the helmet on and there'd be no way we could ever know, but since he was helmetless, now there's an element of doubt.
 

Thanks, Julie, for the very enjoyable recap. I must say, I thought the chase scene was pretty ludicrous, especially the wheelies, but also Eduardo's returning to Las Animas when he knows people are gunning for him. And not only returning to Las Animas, but parking his motorcycle outside the house for the world to see, and being apparently in no hurry to hide. Duh. Where's my beanie when I need it most?
 

Thank you Julie for the excellent, fun recap of finale part 2.

Eduardo looked like a power ranger referee trying to stop Barbie and Fer from a fierce cat fight.

Eduardo's "spidey sense". LOL :)

Variopinta and Kat -- yes, that was are fearless Fr/Ed on that motorcycle during the chase scene.

Jody :)
 

Julie, Julie, Julie...loved your "essential kisses" quip. So clever, so topical. Well done m'dear.

Thought the chase scene was ridiculous, but loved most of the finale. My other quibbles were the horrible shoes they put on Fernanda for the Community Center reconciliation scene and that awful, mugging soprano at the wedding. Her voice was fine but hide her, please!
 

The chase scene was silly but fun. However, I agree that going back to Las Animas was the height of stupidity. What was he thinking??? Oh well, he really wasn't the brightest telenovela protagonist of all time, was he?
 

Oh Julie, you did get a chunk of action, didn't you? And as always, splendidly recapped with panache!

Nanda: GREAT slap to Babs! Smacked her right into next week, didn't she?

I thought Fr/Ed looked like a Star Wars storm trooper with that ridiculous jacket & figured we'd get a Mollywood style chase scene on a motorcycle. Whatever.

But oh Dr. O! Loved his Ecole d'Can Can. ROTFLOL!!!!! He found his true calling.

Spidey sense...oh Julie, that was perfect!

Beanie was mandatory at this stage of the story.

Maggarita
8(:-O
 

Julie,

What a wonderful recap: "Spidey sense", Dr. Obregon doing the can can, great descriptions!

I think you got the best section, that scene with Fer and Eduardo was BEAUTIFUL, she said just what I have been thinking all along and then even eluded to what we have all talked about so much here, she slept with Franco, not knowing it was Eduardo......beautiful scene.

Julie thanks for all your hard work and really right on comments. It has been a fun ride hasn't it!

Sandy in TN
 

Julie: Reading this was so much fun, like going home to visit with the family. I am so glad you got back to us to help write the finale. AND, you got the best darn B!tch slap I've ever seen to write about for this one!

Power Ranger Ed poppin' wheelies! That jacket made me think I was getting a migraine. Everything else in the scene was a blur except for that stupid jacket!
 

Julie, polished to perfection. Looking forward to your return as a permanent recapper. Diana in MA
 

Thanks for the recap Julie. I miss your recaps and hope you will recap again soon. Fr/Ed on the bike was really goofy. He could have picked a more awesome bike I though. I missed him jumping the car when I went into the kitchen. Ack!
 

Connie,

Agree on the bike, I thought it was a moped, but then Kat called it a dirt bike. Now we know why FC took this less than stellar part..... he got to show off his bike riding skills a la Steve McQueen in Bullet. Steve was in a car, a little safer than doing wheelies, sans helmet, on a bridge in Mexico City (???) don't you think?

Sandy in TN
 

Sandy in TN - My first thought, too, was "Bullitt"!!! You know you're of a certain age when . . . LOL
 

Julie, I love your work and I'm so glad you are here for the wrap up. I admire you keen sense of humor, Spanish knowledge, and composition skills. Good luck to you during this tough time and in all your endeavors.

Carlos
 

Julie, stellar recap as always. I could be wrong but I think it was really FC for probably everything but the car jump. He was on Cristina once, kind of a homage show where they had only His Gorgeousness and a bunch of actors who've worked with him doing funny and kind tributes. Clips of him doing those wheelies were included. He's quite the motorcycle aficionado. But, so dumb to do them when the bullets are flying!
 

The funny thing is, I usually HATE doing action scenes... but this one was fun because it was so silly.
 

Julie, thanks for a fantastic recap of an action filled segment!

I think they purposely had Ed's helmet off so that we COULD tell him was really riding the bike. Also, he was using a dirt bike, because he had to go down some steps and through some rough terrain later, which wouldn't work with a street bike.

I though Obregon was funny in the can can. However, I noticed the framing of the shots of him kicking blocked his legs, because off course he can't kick as high as those girls. Great fun, tho.
 

Julie~~I've missed your excellent recaps, and I hope your real life novela calms down soon and allows you to return to recapping again. I, too, immediately thought of Fr'ed , the Power Ranger, when I saw that jacket. Novelera, I saw the Christina show featuring FC's motorcycle obsession. I agree that the whole purpose of Ed dropping his helmet was to let us all see with our own two eyes that he was riding that cycle [except for the car jump]. It was silly but kind of impressive ...especially going down the stairs. I'm scared of motorcycles. A friend of mine nearly lost his nose in a cycle accident when he was a teen. Right now, I have a guy from Colombis in my class. He's about 40 and a limousine driver, but he was showing me all his scars fro a recent dirtbike accident. He had head injuries that affected his memory. [He failed the verb tense test miserably.] I gasped when Ed was shot ...5 TIMES ???..front, back...too hard to believe he could have survived so many bullets to his torso. The blood looked authentic. It reminded me of Amor Real where Sixto dragged an apparently dead Manuel back to Matilde. Oh well, suspended disbelief.
 

p.s. How did Ed know that Dr. O was at The Moulin Rouge ????
 

Julie, I am so glad you were able to recap the gran finale...and it certainly was a gran 3 hours. I have always enjoyed your past recaps as you have a great knack for writing.

The Power Ranger assassin needs new lentes. How he missed Eddie at such close range is a comical puzzlement. He needed two bullets...one to the heart and one to the noggin as mentioned.

And when Eddie was doing his wheelies, I thought, great Eddie, doesn't your back make a bigger target now than when you are hunched over. But then, we know what a lousy shot that assasin was anyway.

So glad we got to see Obegon again in his natural element. Wouldn't be a gran finale without him.

GinCA
 

Susanlynn, I was wondering the same thing about how Eddie found Obregon. But then, maybe Eddie....finish my thought. He did seem to know the area in his escape on his dirt bike. LOL.

GinCA
 

Moulin Rouge - OMG, too funny!
 

Julie, many thanks for the great recap. Barb was definitely confused if she thought she could stay there. Que! But, she was most definitely right about Art, no way he would testify.
Glad they let Aurora decide what she wanted to do and glad they filled her in on the facts. She must have really been wonder, que the heck! What kind of family am I from. Seemingly she overcame her nature in the end.. Whereas something like Querida Enemiga, Sarah wasn't able to get past her nature, ie tossed into the garbage bin by her mama.
Obregon, quite the scene. We always knew. :)
The chase, the wheelies. What the? Thought he would fall off him bike since he left the helmet.. but no.
 

Thank you so much for your part recapping this novela. I had a great time reading your comments on the scenes and I look forward to reading more from you.

Jarocha
 

Julie, muchas gracias for your final recap. The chase scene was really silly. Eddy tooling around popping wheelies instead of just blowing outa there, then he goes home, knowing tha AB has ordered a hit on him. Then, how many holes does Borja drill him? Good thing Esif didn't give him water, he would have spouted like a cartoon cahracter...
 

Thanks for this recap Julie. It's nice to have you back even briefly.
 

I think it really was fernand on the motorcycle; except for the part that he jumped over the car. In real life Fernando Colunga is a motorcyclist. :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder