Monday, January 18, 2010

GREETINGS FROM YOUR WED EVE RECAPPER OF HASTA QUE EL DINERO NOS SEPARE

I am Pata, I am new to all of this recapping and blog stuff but I will be attempting to be the wed Eve recapper for HQDNS. My Spanish skills are fair to middlen, depending on how many cervesas I have had. My best friend when I am watching novelas is my DVD player/writer because it allows me to rewind then slow-forward and read the CCs. My spelling is not the best but i am to old to figure out spell check. so half the time I dont know that I spelled a word wron. My writing style is very similair to how I talk. I tend to ramble and let participles dangle. ( I am from the Mid west ) I am an x-Peace corp volunteer, where I learned my basic spanish skills in Hondurus, many, many mnay years ago. It is also where I learned how to say cervesa por favor. I am a pediatric nurse and have been at it for a long time, so very little grosses me out. I love spanish novelas and have been watching them for a few years now but have only recently discovered Caray Caray. ( Around "los tontos no van a heaven" time) I am looking forward to being the wed recapper and Hope i will do Caray Caray proud. I am also asking for all the help I can get from all you expereinced recappers out there. I am a slow learner but once I learn something it usually sticks. Well at least through the rest of the day, so be patient with me. Corrections, additions , and stuff that i may totally miss, please feel free to correct add and stuff. Wells thats about it with me, I am simple sweet and sassy, and a little bit shy. Looking forward to wed. (oh please ,oh please, oh please ,I hope this posts)
Pata

Labels: ,


Comments:
Nice to meet you Pata! I'm sure you are oing todo a great job recapping the show. I'm so awed by your experience in the peace corps. You seem like a great person to hang out with. I'll read you soon!

Jarocha
 

Hi Pata! I am a fellow RPCV (Haiti), and it looks like I have been drafted to be a first time recapper as well for HQEDNS on Thursday. So we will get through this together. Maybe this will be the second "toughest job we'll ever love". ;-)

-Vivi in DC
 

Welcome Pata, it's great to meet you. I know you will do fine. You have a distinctive writing style that will be perfect for recapping.

Vivi!!!! I love love love that you are going to recap this telenovela. Thanks so much.
 

Hi Pata...your writing style is perfect. Not to worry. Spelling doesn't matter. And Vivi, glad you're coming aboard too. From your grasp of Spanish and incredible memory, I always knew you should be a recapper.

Although I'm still in my sulking corner about Gancho being bumped to afternoons, I'm excited about having new recappers on board. WELCOME!
 

Pata, welcome. I sense that you will do great. Cervezas do fine, but have you tried Tequila? I told my Profa that it seems that I am more fluent in Spanish after a couple of shots. She said,"Heck, after a couple of shots, I can speak Chinese."

Glad you've joined us.

Carlos
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder