Thursday, March 25, 2010

Corazon Salvaje - 3/24 Wed. - Playing with Bubbles and Swords While Reality Taps Quietly At Several Doors

Request: I need a substitute re-capper for Wednesdays April 14 and 21. I will be in the rain forest and on the beaches of Costa Rica in pursuit of beauteous bird photos. Even a volunteer to post a discussion for the appropriate nights would be great. Secondly, I need someone for the same on the night of May 5. On that one I will be photographing Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, and other G. O’Keefe favored sites. Let me know here or write me at cherylnewmex@gmail.com.


Review: Latina Kat, so glad you got to play with Jack Nicholson’s “You can’t handle the truth“ line. Last night’s episode was begging for it. We revisit Renato being unable to deal without Regina’s undying adoration like he has always felt entitled to even though she professes that he hasn’t even one defect. Hmmmm, but Kat described this so well last night, I will skip on to tonight’s delights of boyish sword play and sexy bubble baths and lots of hot kisses and big, fat lies about telling Juan the truth this very night:

Renato can’t imagine why this nun doesn’t want him. Regina begs, I want you to all forget me and I want you to be happy. Your happiness will bring mine. Forget me, that’s all I ask, forget me. She makes as quick an exit as one can with nun’s robes sweeping the floor.

Dear lord, Regina prays kneeling before the golden cross in her room, Why do you keep tempting me in front of him. why is it so hard. I need your pity your understanding (comprensión), your mercy (piedad). In the face (rostro) of temptation

Clemencia is right I shouldn’t judge her first I must save her. I will no longer fight against her, but now In favor of her. The real baddy is that big baddie, that savage Juan del Diablo.

Baddy incarnate, aka Juan, is rubbing his pistol on his cheek while he counts his revenge motives in swirling pictures of his sad past.

Gabriel announces the arrival of Señor Marina. Juan acknowledges pride in his luxurious digs, and comes with a packet of documents. To welcome his guest he offers refreshment, but Marina, wants no refreshment and wants to talk without introduction (preámbulo). Juan gestures with the large portfolio which are his proof of the fraud Marino has committed, Juan tells him he expects that Marina will be his spy on Montes de Oca wanting to know everything, what he does what he thinks. He demands to know all his movements, what he is looking into. These documents could end up in the hands of Rodrigo and no one can save you from him if they do.The first head to roll in this village will be yours.

Renato expounds on his plans, he wants to build better housing (vivienda) for the day laborers jornaleros to live in, a school. and a medical clinic (dispensario). Remigio salutes his efforts. They agree that they want them to have a better life.

Arcadio, arriving on horseback, ruins the friendly, generous moment by barking to Renato, I hear you have plans for the land beyond the hill (loma)l. Won’t we want to plant sembrar that area? No. They briefly argue about what the saintly Leonarda will say about this. Renato somewhat calmly restates his authority to make these decisions which obviously has not sunk into Arcadio’s thick skull. Maybe the giant mullet hair is blocking his ears.

As Arcadio horse tramples flowers and dashes off, Remegio says don’t trust him or believe in him he is a vile betrayer and does not have your best interests at heart. Renato rewards Remegio: From today you are my right hand man in whom I will place all my confidence

Clemencia make Leonarda mad while brushing her hair and says she doesn’t feel well. Clemencia wants to tell Leo what she saw in the chapel (pantheon). Leo argues that the child of Rosario can not reappear. But Clemencia stupidly persists. Don’t talk about this she screams. I know that the son of Rosario is alive. Clemencia continues, so if you don’t want to know, do you want this son to return? What if he comes some day to demand his rights as a Montes de Oca.

Leo is furious threatening to kick her out if she mentions this again, and don’t think I won't, get out of here., she shouts her out of the room.
***
Juan and Gab spar . Gab, you always have to protect your heart, he points with sword. Did you see Estrella last night in the .Did you forgive her? Yes but I don’t know what to do. Gab wants to ask him I feel passion like a volcano, You think you are in love but you haven’t known love before. When a sailor is lost and doesn’t know where to go he must look at the stars. When he sees the most brilliant star in the sky he will know where to travel.. Gabriel thinks immediately of his brilliant Estrella. The sword play begins again and Juan repeats the lesson about protecting the heart for Gabriel.

It was a marvelous night says Jimena returning the fancy clothes in tears. I feel bad for having lied to him. He had a night with Estrella. The blonde asks Jimena why don’t you tell him who you are? Tell him the truth. I wish Gabriel to love me for who I am but Gabriel will judge me for who I am. This dream will never be true.

Gabriel dreams of Estrella, you are with me in the days and nights why can’t we love openly freely?

Circus man practices throwing knives at Tarot woman. Jimena dreams of her ship board meetings as the veiled Estrella. Jimena dreams of the lovely memories while sitting in the dirt next to a wagon wheel. She dreams, tomorrow for sure I am going to look for him. Gabriel, my love, I don't want to lose you .

With such a large mansion, I can’t figure out why these grown women have to share one bedroom but never mind, Aimee opens her shopping packets on her bed, Regina is trying to assure her how much she loves her and how much she cares how she is. I am fighting so much for you. Clemencia pointed out my conduct toward you wasn’t the best. I am not proud of my treatment toward you and I am going to try to help you. I won’t fight against you but for you and the evil that has been done to your soul and to rout it out, I’m thinking of Juan del Diablo. Aimee smiles, that is who she is thinking about too.

Juan discusses his conversation and what he learned of his mother from Clemencia. His straw hut friends want to know, Are you still planning to kill Montes de Oca? The old bruised guy recounts when Juan del angel. Juan is leading an angry mob who is ready to attack a traitor but his children were there and he says a man doesn’t get revenge in front of a man’s children if he is a man. Your father was a man of justice perhaps the most just man I have ever known. Juan snaps back, so just that he was killed for it? . Juan walks out.

Aimee says this very night I am going to tell Juan that I will never see him again and without fail, tonight I will tell him that I will marry Renato. I’ll have to sneak out to meet him, after all, I can't just go to his house and create a scandal in the town. Regina is encouraging, I see you will reconsider (recapacitarse) and you will never never never ever return to see him.... Aimee ever the coquette with her fan thinks, never??? That’s what you think sister!
****
Sensuous bubble bath time for Aimee who sighs, Oh my body oh my skin, oh my senses, Juan is in all of me. Regardless of what my sister thinks, Juan, nothing will separate us for ever, nothing.

Rodrigo deals cards and wants the associates gathered around the card table to check Juan Aldama’s credentials with their European associate. Noel defends his belief that Juan is legitimate and should be dealt with fairly, and Rod says Noel can liquidate his shares if he doesn’t like it and be done with it (se acabo). he will do what he wants and acabo. Fulgencio advises Federico to approach Gabriel. Rod swears his fortune is solid. Marina says that Juan and the other one (Gabriel) live in the big house by the caves. How do you know this? asks Rod. Marina says he was making some investigations, Don't be nervous says Noel. They drink to health.

Juan and Aimee are lost in naked cave love I’ve never known a woman like you . I love being with you without your clothes, I want to be with you all night. She says well I had this family event. and couldn’t leave early. Don’t you like to me he shouts. I am yours (suya) , I am yours (tuya) she says with more emphasis. In truth you love me? Will you come with me?

We see them suddenly dressed and dry on the beach, Aimee in her lovely lady dress sees Juan’s house of sticks. Here is my house, my home (hogar) here is where we will live. He demands isn’t it a great place for our love house. how does it look to you? She thinks, in her life she wouldn’t leave the benefits of Renato’s fortune for this want a horrible (espantosa) house like this.

At the can-can club. Fulgencio tells Federico he will need to be vigilant to penetrate Gabriel’s defenses. Federico is arrogant about Juan’s arrogance (soberbia). Fulgencio knows there are advantages because Gabriel is young and therefore inexperienced.

Juan says oh I was only kidding this isn’t our house. He takes her laughter as proof that she really loves him. She professes that his fortune and money doesn’t matter she really loves just him. He dreams that he will put all his fortune at her feet tomorrow, then leads her into the hut.

Felipe and Rod exchange pleasantries about his patronage in this club, Felipe observes how distinguished a client Rod is, Madelena approaches and takes over this gentlemen. He accuses her of tricking him during the boat trip and it cost him a lot to forgive her does that mean you will never forgive me even if I display my best merits? Which merits he says, obviously interested, By best, she obviously means the lovely blonde that approaches at her beckoning, As she snuggles into Rodrigo she orders Felipe to bring two glasses of champagne. To your beauty, he toasts, to your pride (soberbia) she returns.
****

At the big house. Rosario rocks her sock-baby rag doll . Tranquilo, she says to the maid who goo-gooss that she wants to go for food. Go, I am going to take care of my baby. As soon as she is alone, she quietly and rapidly opens the secret door and assures sock baby that she will be right back, don’t worry.

Noel looks at portraits with an ironic expression.

Regina, tells Clemencia she took her advice and she was right, Regina is going help her sister while giving up (renunciar) and I am going to fight from this hour that I will forget Renato. I pray that this love will stop consuming me. Noel is listening at the door. He comes in to say he heard what she said. Clemencia leaves. This impossible love, is it Renato . Yes padrino, it is Renato. Downstairs Clemencia sees that Aimee is about to climb the stairs so she stops her to tell her that Padrino and Regina are talking. About what, Aimee is worried. Your sister is incapable of betraying you, Aimee worries that she is about to be discovered. Clemencia admits she knows all about her behavior with this savage. Aimee emotes that she was on the point of ruining her life, of making the worst of errors. but she realized that she loves Renato with all her heart and guess who comes in hearing these words, he says and I adore you with all my soul, they kiss.

Noel says this is why you fled to the convent? Regina says her love for him was a mountain of dreams and hopes. But on returning from living away she learned of his love for Aimee. Noel says why don’t you tell him of your real feelings. She says no. she prefers to sacrifice herself so he will be happy . Why are you saying you will keep your sister from doing bad? What bad are you referring to? Regina sidesteps, When I went to Europe I thought we would marry but I confused Renato’s affect with love.

Just then the white clad nun outfit looks in the mirror and sees the black clad netting of Rosario who lifts her finger to hush or silence her. Regina does not scream. [Ed note: I want to know how she keeps her hair and the black netting so clean looking in that cave house. I’d even like to know what kind of creme rinse gives that soft gleam to her hair.]
***
I saw her, I saw her. Regina rushes back to the door and chases the shadow. She turns around to ask Noel if he saw the woman in black. Arcadio is screaming and Rosenda approaches which miraculously delays him. The maid is scared keeping an eye on the secret door.

Regina thinks she is hallucinating because Noel is too thick to have seen anything. It’s only nerves that is all it is. Tranquila she advises. My dear daughter, I too have suffered for love and have been refused but learned to live with it silently, confides Noel. Have confidence in me. Any time you need to unburden yourself (desahogarse) seek my out.

The maid is afraid hearing Arcadio holler that he is fed up (harto) and Rosario creeps back in the room just in time. Rosenda shows up again with a candle saying she is not afraid that she holds a few secrets with them, just like he has secrets. She grabs the best wine in the house, flirting that he can share wine and secrets with her. He advises her she better be ready to pay the price of this secret keeping and grabs the wine back. She is ready but he pushes her beyond the gate advising her to be careful as he locks her out. She says soon there will be warning alarms (Un rato que me rebato),

the regal over voice tells us that Renato can be described by his shy gentle love and the fiery (fogosa) and passionate Aimee. He opens the door to cool his ardor in the night air and speaks about his wonderful life with her, the landa (terreno) their passion in the future. They will stay here at the Finca del Mar. She doesn’t want to live here on the farm she wants to live in the port. The finca will be out real homem our universe and we will spend just a few days in the port. Only a few days! she practically snorts. He waxes poetic, we will be here with the sea, the flowers, the country. She proposes that they kiss and share some ardor, I want you to kiss me with passion. He kisses her with tenderness and gentleness like a good gentleman. He obeys and is lost in her profound eyes and womanly perfume and, and ... We are engaged and pretty soon we will be married. She suddenly cools and shifts saying ironically, I care what others think of our conduct. She adds that Regina will wake up and come down to see us here. Regina won’t come she has forsaken her of friendship with me. Yes she says strange things.

Yeah she said she loved me then amended it with “like a brother friend”, but I didn’t completely believe her. Aimee agrees, Yes my sister is worse than you think, she is loosing her reason, her nerves she is making things up, she is accusing me of things that are not true. No, says Renato, she is reasonable and is so good , If you admire her so much you should have decided to marry her. As this revealing little exchange plays out, Regina quietly comes down the stairs Aimee swoons, that tell me that you will love me forever come what may (pase lo que pase). . Renato goes from passive to passionate to suggested violent in a flash. Renato repeats with his hands around her neck that if she even once betrays him he will kill her with his bare hands. I cannot live without you Regina looks hopeful then resigned as she watches them embrace.

Tomorrow: Oh lucky recapper. You get to tell us that Juan attacks Rodrigo with a knife in front of a church and Regina stops him saying don’t mess with my Padre. Your padre? He looks over at Aimee and repeats, your padre? oops...

Vocabulario:
Comprensión = Understanding
Piedad = Mercy
Rostro = Face e.g. of temptation
Preámbulo = introduction, preamble, small talk, or in this case let’s cut to the chase
Vivienda - Housing, dwelling
Jornaleros = Day laborers
Dispensario = Medical clinic
Loma = Hill, hillock
Sembrar = Plant
Recapacitarse = reconsider, think again
Acabar = Be done with, to finish
Hogar = Home
Espantosa = Horrible
Soberbia = Arrogance, or also pride
Renunciar = Renounce, give up
Desahogarse = Unburden oneself, let off steam, cry, gnash teeth, etc.
Harto = Fed up
Un rato que me rebato = soon there will be a warning. Rebato is a warning bell or alarm
Fogosa = Fiery, spirited
Pase lo que pase = Come what may, whatever happens or comes to pass.; Note use of Subjunctive verb form.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Cheryl. Your photography plans sound exciting. And thanks for the recap...loved it from the title on..."lots of hot kisses and big fat lies" was a winner and the vocabulary was great. Entertain AND teach. Perfect. Muchas gracias.
 

Cheryl, sounds like quite a trip! Our little Santa Regina would be jealous of your upcoming photo ops. Thanks for the recap & the vocab. I fell asleep & missed most of the action.

late for work...hasta la vista!
Maggarita
:-(
 

Loved the recap Cheryl. I didn't even get to watch it because I fell asleep.

So I get to be the lucky one to recap Juan finding out just who Aimee is? Woo hoo! This should be good. Talk about impactada.

I'm not sure what I think about Renato. One minute he's kind of a wuss and the next he's choking women. I just don't get it.
 

Cheryl, thank you for the recap and the vocabulary! :-)

"I'm not sure what I think about Renato. One minute he's kind of a wuss and the next he's choking women."

This is the Montes de Loca family. Leonarda is a shameless murderer and fraud who's madly in love with Rodrigo. Her sister spent the last 30 years cuddling a rag baby and waiting for a dove in the catacombs. And what about their children? Renato suddenly pulls an Othello, and his cousin is a vengeful, loud, mildly bipolar salvaje.

And I haven't mentioned yet Aimée's lack of morals and Regina's childish obsession with Renato and her altruistic tendencies... (Renato wants my sister? Ahh, I rather keep my mouth shut and become a nun instead of telling him that I'm completely in love with him!)
:-))
 

Cheryl, Muchas gracias. I read with great interest because I had to go out last night and so missed the show. Your descriptions captured everything vividly! And the vocabulary--what a bonus!

Go out & get some great pix!

--AgnesNJ
 

Well said Aribeth. I had hopes that Renato was the one "sane" person in the family but apparently not.

I think if I had seen somebody standing behind me in a black shroud I would have freaked.

I sure wish Regina would take off that ghastly sheet. I always focus on the thing on her had and I can't listen to what she says. It just looks ridiculous.

What if Leo gets pregnant with Johnny Cash's baby? Ewwwww!
 

Connie, I agree about the nun costume. there's something irritating about that chin strap and the sort of voluminous bib hanging below and then that kind of yarmulke cap with a beak on top that isn't stitched very smoothly. YUK! It does have the (I suppose, intended) effect of making her look washed-out and unattractive, as compared with the flashy fireworks emanating from her sister.

But, let me say that I have really gotten into this novela, once I got over my annoyance about the anachronisms, historical flaws, silly acting, and complete lack of realism. I am really loving the ghost story aspect of Rosie wandering around in a long black veil. Leo might be to old to get pregnant any more, but hey miracles happen! And if Aimee isn't by now, that would be a miracle.
 

Thanks ladies for the early postings, it is always fun to get up, grab a cup of coffee and see who has stopped by.

JudyB it is always great to hear from you. Speaking of educating, I would like to share my fractal making slide show:
Pi-day Trianglethon

Maggarita, I think I can almost overlook Regina's silly robes if I concetnrate on her having enough of a brain to take pictures. Looks like she makes great images too, at least of the savage one!

Connie, you are the lucky one indeed. This is going to be hilarious I think when Juan gets a clue if not a brain. And aren't they setting us up to fear for Renato, he seems all full of extremes under that mild demeanor. And it is too early in the morning to go with your picture of Leo and Arca's bambino, too early! Hopefully, she is beyond that capability, oh save us!

Aribeth, Great naming: Montes de LOCA indeed. THey all have peculiar twists in their character,
 

Cheryl, have a wonderful time! I love birds, too; I take about three or four bird magazines. The birds at my feeder kept me from going completely crazy during the winter when we first moved to Chicago from Arizona. I am so grateful to them.

I still think it's more likely Renato is Arcadio's son than Noel's. Noel isn't mean enough to make Leonarda do it with him against her will often enough to get pregnant, whereas Arcadio has no compunction.

And as is increasingly revealed, Renato has a few bad lines of programming in his brain, which kick in at jealous moments. That's Leonarda, too; but would Noel have such a nut job of a son?

Speaking of which, if Renato turns out to not be Noel's son, I would like to see Noel get married and have a child with someone for real -- and be happy.

Aribeth, I loved your indictment of the Montes de Oca, LOL. I had to laugh the other night when Rodrigo was pontificating to Federico on what it means to be of a good family or not.

BTW, in "Yo Compro Esa Mujer," the corresponding Federico role was played by Eduardo Palomo -- and there's always something about this guy playing Federico, Lisandro Guarinos, that reminds me of Palomo.

Does anyone else think they're reminiscent of each other? I actually think Guarinos is pretty attractive, outside of his character's flaws. And he's in fact a Spaniard, so comes by his lisp naturally.
 

Wow, Cheryl. that trianglethon is pretty fabulous. Thanks for posting the link.
--Agnesnj
 

ladyXoc, oh, yeah! I got a fright myself last night when Rosario appeared in Regina's mirror. They are doing a good job on that.
 

Great slideshow Cheryl! Duh, I keep forgetting Leo is too old to get pregnant (or at least we hope so).
 

Jeri:
"I actually think Guarinos is pretty attractive"

I agree! :-) I like his interpretation of Fed. I like even his Prince Charming wig.

Btw, this Federico is the mixture of two YCEm character: one of them is Federico (played by Palomo), the mostly harmless, slimey gambler who lost the family fortune. The other one is Oscar (Miguel Ángel Ferriz), a businessman, con man, Fulgencio's helpmate and the lover of F's wife, Effi (Cynthia Klitbo).
 

Wow. Cheryl. I am so impressed with your skills. Awesome. Thanks.
 

Alas, I have not seen YCeM yet. :-( I noticed some time ago the Italian-dubbed version on You Tube, but I'm still hoping to hear it in Spanish first.
 

Sorry for the double post -- Cheryl, beautiful project! Great triumphal music choice, too.
 

Here are some pictures of the YCEM characters:
Oscar
Fed1
Fed2
the protagonist's parents, daddy played by big Ed
Jimena, played by Mariana Levy
and a few pages from an old newspaper
 

Ok, now don't laugh at this, but when I was in college my Spanish professor told us that the reason people in Spain talk with a lisp is because once upon a time the King of Spain had a lisp and so he wouldn't stand out, it was decreed that everyone would speak that way. Is it true or is it false? When I tell people that they look at me like I'm regarded.
 

Aribeth, thank you for the YCeM pictures! Argh! I sure hope I get to see it some day.

I knew Marianna Levy was in it; she's a favorite since La Casa en la Playa. So great in Amor Real -- and so missed. :-(

And Alma Muriel; I like her, too -- since Desencuentro.
 

Connie, that sounds plausible, actually.

There's a story beind the reason the English have "neether" and "nither" which claims it's because King George III was a Hessian and spoke German.

He mispronounced English "neither" as "nither," because in German the "ei" combination is pronounced "eye."
 

Jeri, good to hear that. Glad I'm not retarded (not regarded!). 8(:} I will do some research.
 

Guess it was just urban legend. http://spanish.about.com/cs/qa/a/q_lisp.htm
 

Jeri, I agree that it's more likely Renato is Arcadio's son than Noel's. I mean, Renato's hair is like a toned down version of the Johnny Cash do. Also, don't know why I fixate on this, but I think Renato's sideburns are fake (although his hair is real). I don't think he has them in the Ford commercial (but could have shaved them).
 

Thanks for the recap Cheryl! I thought the scene on the beach was hysterical. "This is our house". You could see it in Aimee's eyes "Like hell it is!"

Seeing MDR in the mirror freaked me out. I was so into the conversation between Noel and Regina I forgot MDR was loose! Good contrast between the figure in black and one in white.

Do any of you think Rosenda would actually put out for Arcadio just to get his secrets? eeewww. I think maybe she put something in the wine so things would never get that far.
 

I think Rosenda would probably give him some sleepy time tea so she wouldn't have to actually do the deed with the creep. He makes my skin crawl. Did we figure out who the guy is that Juan has the goods on? He just seems like a random guy to me.
 

I'm liking the veiled woman in the mirror technique too. Rosario is going to be good for some laughs by and by.
I hate to think of Renato being Arcadio's son, but they are definitely leading our fears that he has a bad spot in his brain which goes more with Arcadio's bellowing rages than Noel's milder kindly nature. I too hope Noel gets to survive and find true love. Few other characters are being set up to earn real deliverance.
 

Connie, Raymundo Capetillo plays "Raúl de Marín" in this, and he's a regular Televisa character actor.

Some may remember him more recently as "Justo Darién," Camila's father, in "Pasión."

I'm assuming Raúl is one of the business partners with Noel and Rodrigo.
 

Aribeth, thanks for al lthe picture postings. It's fun to see them.
 

Thanks, Cheryl. I loved Aimee's expression when Juan showed her his beach love shack. Such a dilemma for poor, shallow, greedy , horny Aimee. Does she take door #1 and this supposedly poor but hot savage who makes wild jungle love or door #2 and rich Renato whom she has not yet taken for a test drive ? Aimee would like to have the best of both boys, Renato's money and status and Juan's crazy love skilz.
 

Jeri, I think Raúl de Marin is one of the business associates. What I did not see is how Juan came across damaging evidence of his fraudulent business deals before or since joining the "Associates" as the card playing gang seems to call themselves.

I like seeing the facial expressions on Aimee when she tries to feign being NOT a material girl while with Renato she feigns passion. Which I don't think she really feels for him at all. But then there is all that money which I agree she loves more than either of the boyos.
 

Why is the mute woman locked up with MdR? They will certainly need a hosing down when they finally get out.
 

Muchas gracias for the vocabulario and the most excellent recap! Things are heating up!

As far as Renato goes, I'm still not convinced that Noel is his padre. He's got that violent streak of Leonarda's but something more. Arcadio could be in the gene pool.

I'm wondering that because of Regina's actions (and Ayme's carefully placed words), if people are going to start thinking she is going off the rails. Another parallel with MdR.

Thursdays episodio will be great fun!
 

Cheryl, all I remember about Raúl in this instance is Gabriel handing Juan the folder and explaining about the damaging evidence.

Or something. Maybe Juan handed Gabriel the folder and said to investigate it. I can't remember.

I thought it was kind of funny that the poker gang didn't want to let Fulgencio in on their investment club. Maybe they already have a bad feeling about him.

Teresita, I'm looking forward to tonight's episode, too. Whoa! This show is some fun.
 

Cheryl:

Thank you for the recap. Your photo travels sound wonderful. Your vocabulary section is stellar!

All: I have a question about this,"What if he comes some day to demand his rights as a Montes de Oca"?.

What rights? Juan is the bastard child of Leo's loony sister. Do the Montes de Oca's inherit through the female line? I am confused...

The Renato choking thing was over the top. Note to the twins: neither one of you wants to marry a man with such an unpredictable temper. Is this a foretaste of Renato, Bad Leo's son?
 

elna june, here's the way I'm thinking of it. Leonarda said early on that Rodrigo divided up the family fortune equally among himself and the two sisters. That was very generous of him.

When Rosario "died," then there were only two inheritors. Since both of them had kids, the kids will inherit.

When Rosario comes back to life, her child will be on par with the other children -- and Juan is the oldest male.
 

Oh, yeah -- I was just wondering; what if it's learned at some point that Noel can't have children?

Were they able to tell at the turn of the century whether a man was able to or not?

If it could be determined that Renato couldn't be Noel's son, then he would be out of the inheritance pool.
 

Oops, I mean in 1878.
 

Let's hope not EJ. I like him but certainly don't like that side of him. He seems to have a hair-trigger temper which for now he keeps under control. But we will see.
 

Of course you all are right! Renato must be Arcadio's son! I missed that idea, probably because I could not stand to think about it. Arcadio is N-A-S-T-Y. I get a headache just looking at him.

Iron Elna
 

But were Leo and Nasty man doing the nasty around the time that she married Noel? We know (or at least that is all the showed us) that Noel and Leo had sex their wedding night and the night Rod came back in town.
 

Cheryl: Exceptional recap and wonderful vocabulary. What a thoughtful title. Perfect!

What a wonderful trip you have planned! Hope you get some wonderful pictures.

So, the truth, well at least some of it, will be revealed tonight! How IS Juan going to take the news and most importantly, will he betray Aimee to her father?

As everyone's been saying, this will be good.

Diana
 

Yeah...Arcadio hit Leonarda up for what he really wanted after she contracted him to hide Rosario -- which was before she married Noel.

That's the bad thing about crime: the company you have to keep...
 

Someone posted a site where we could get videos of an episode (besides YouTube, which didn't work last time I tried--copyright issues). I'm going to miss tomorrow night :( Any suggestions?
 

I remember she kept putting him off but thought all that was after she married Noel. I must have missed an episode or something.
 

About Leo and Arca: There's a reason behind everything in TN land--well usually. Maybe her congressing with him is just to show the depths she will plunge to to protect her own interests, but I think it's so Renato can be Arca's son. TN writers love people not knowing their true parentage. What irony in her calling Juan "bastardo."
 

Jeri: thanks for pointing out that Raul was Cammie's father from Pasion. I didn't recognize him without the atrocious wig he wore in that TN.

Renato can't be Johnny Cash Jr. He just can't. Ew. Spawn of the devil, indeed. Hey, Leo has a nasty temper...maybe he inherited it from her.

For all of the Catholic overtones in every TN, the muddled paternity issues are kind of amusing.

Dios mio!
Maggarita
:-O
 

I don't get the Johnny Cash analogy; Willie Nelson, maybe.

I couldn't swear to when Leonarda and Arcadio started up either; maybe we don't even know.

But it makes sense Arcadio would start pressuring Leonarda as soon as he got the sword of Damocles over her head; i.e., as soon as they kidnapped and sequestered Rosario.

It's funny; Arcadio really doesn't seem to care that much for the jewels or money Leonarda gives him. He doubtless wouldn't do her bidding without them, but he truly seems to want herself.

Beth said what I was thinking; there should be a reason they injected that in there. It could be a red herring, of course.
 

I think he looks like Johnny Cash except scruffier.
 

Salvador Pineda used to be good looking. He's been in telenovelas a milenium or two. Here's a picture of him with Daniela Romo from 1986. (Daniela Romo starred in "Alborada" as "Doña Juana Arellano.") And an example not so ancient.
 

I agree with the ugly nun outfit. Why is it so bushy ... oh must be the thread count. It's time to shed it.

Arcadio is just so gross. Couldn't they have cast a better looking hombre? His role calls for a tough guy image but with rugged good looks. There's just no way Leo would get it on with him, but I guess that's not the only inconsistency in this show.

Lola
 

I found YouTube versions of CS from someone called AYSEL354. Here's a link to one video, some others are on the list on the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTDnsHQaq1Q
 

Well, I was having trouble getting into Salvaje at first, but it's finally happened that I've started spending my days thinking, "Ohboy! Is it time for CS yet?" (followed shortly by, "Ohboy! Is the recap up yet?") I can't wait for tonight's!

Jimena and Gabe are going to be death of me. I just like them so much! I want them (well, her) to stop all this dancing around and just go be happy, damnit. She needs to realize that if Gabe ever tried to pull class and status with her, Juan would whap him over the head so fast he'd...er...probably still not marry her because he'd be in the ground serving as a fence-post, but that's different!

I can't remember when the Orca started beaching himself on Leonarda, either (I think I got the impression that she managed to put him off for a while before he finally pinned her), but lately I've been wondering if the reason she married Noel wasn't because she just wanted to be married to someone (for social-status reasons or whatever), but because she needed to be married to someone f-a-s-t, the way we've been thinking Aimee may end up needing to finalize it with Renato f-a-s-t.

Renato's jealous-possessive streak is kind of hot (though if it actually went to the extremes he claims it would, that'd be different). I was expecting more of a choking from the way it was described! But it seemed more suggestive than anything - even a double entendre, like, "Aimee, here's that passion you were looking for."

The Straw Hut Friends? This show is just packed with ideas for silly spin-offs! Maybe we can keep Filipe and the hos for the grown-ups, and the Straw Hut Gang will be for the kids. They can teach important life lessons like 'kindness' and 'justness' and 'the difference between your inside voice and your outside voice'.

I didn't realize Raul had been Cami's padre until someone pointed it out, either, but once it got in my head, it became so obvious! He's still got that eye-twitch. I think the Arcadio/Johnny Cash comparison came from the sideburns and the wearing of black - it was more apparant in the beginning of the series, when he hadn't gone quite as stringy yet.
 

Jeri:
Ayy, thank you very much for Pineda's photos. He was a handsome man indeed. :-)
He played the Phantom of the Opera-like tragic hero/villain in Esmeralda (1997, Mejía - Fernando Colunga, Lety Calderón, Enrique Lizalde) and he participated in Guadalupe, too.

Daniela is also beautiful on the first picture. I love this actress very much since I first saw El manantial.

***

As for Renato's parentage: he was conceived on the wedding night of Leo and Noel.
 

I'm hoping I can watch last nights quick when I get home before I watch tonights and then recap. I sure don't want to miss anything. Especially if Juan is going to put the smack down on someone.

I didn't connect the marriage to Noel with Orca/Johnny Cash. I never thought of her already being preggers. It could be a possibility. But ack!
 

Thanks Aribeth--I feel better knowing that Orca did not reproduce.
 

Aribeth, aw! I didn't want to know; it's like a spoiler, since you've already seen the show. Or have you? I forget.

Anyway, you're welcome -- there weren't too many pictures of Salvador around. I was kind of surprised, because I knew he used to be good looking and a leading man.

Daniela Romo is terrific. I tried to watch Las Vias for her and Aracely both, but that show was just terrible.
 

As I recall, Leonarda and Arcadio started to make out much after the wedding, she resisted for a long time. Imho Renato's parentage was never supposed to be questionable, he inherited his kindness from daddy and this choking thing from mommy.

Las vias was the worst telenovela I've ever seen... I felt sorry for Aracely, Daniela, Jorge Salinas (and for the whole cast, to be honest).
 

Like Connie, I remember Leo allowing Noel to have sex with her a total of 2 times-their noche de boda and the day Old Rod returned [What was that about ?] I also seem to remember that Arcadio's advances were spurned by Leo at first . She finally gave in when Arcadio would no longer just accept her jewels to tend MDR and keep the secret. I think that Renato is Noel's son. He got that bad temper from the maternal side of that murky gene pool. Rennie is too delicately goodlooking and dapper and usually kindhearted to be King Kong's offspring.
 

Jeri:
Yes, I've seen the novela, at least until episode 118 (it was awesome), and I eagerly wait for the next one. :-) I consider every single post of mine, because I don't want to ruin your entertainment, and I rather keep my mouth shut over many interesting theories, since a simple yes or no could spoil the party.
I deny this parentage theory strictly based on the previous episodes. Renato was at least 10 years old when Leo first let Orca touch her (episode 6).
 

Well, what kind of a bad guy must Arcadio be, if he waits that long to press his advantage...

Rosenda's always right on her opportunities.
 

Aribeth, LOL -- yes, thank you. :-) I kind of cooked up this theory and ran away with it. But it wasn't too off the wall, since I wasn't the only one.
 

Jeri:
"But it wasn't too off the wall, since I wasn't the only one."

After seeing how violently Renato acted, I don't wonder that this theory became so populat. :-) Even I astonished, in the last months I completely forgot that this scene existed.
 

Cheryl, thanks for the fab recap. I loved your fractal trianglethon video, too. Some really nice designs.

Great scene with Juan claiming the bamboo shack as their future home to Aimee. He enjoys messing with people's minds, it seems.

I'm enjoying Noel as much more sympathetic in this role than as the padre in FELS. He deserves a nice reward somewhere down the line.

Rosenda really knows how to work her position to her advantage. She's sort of a villain-in-the-making demonstration.

The black-veiled ghost image left me impactada. Rosario wandering the halls reminds me of Jane Eyre, with the lunatic wife (Bertha?) sometimes escaping her attic prison in Mr. Rochester's mansion.
The real Johnny Cash had a hit song "Long Black Veil," but that woman was wandering outside in the hills.

Eagerly awaiting Juan learning who's really who tonight.
La Paloma
 

You know, I do hope the ratings come up for this show. It's a fun show.
 

Maybe this was covered earlier on, but I couldn't find anything about it. I am confused as to how Leo and MdR can be Montes de Oca and so is Rodrigo, but he wanted to marry MdR? And Leo wanted to marry Rod - how are they related or not? Aren't Juan and Aimee/Regina related then? I don't get that part. Thanks
 

I tried to post this once, so it may show up twice. I am confused about the Montes De Oca. How is it that MdR, Leo and Rod are all Montes De Oca, but Rod wanted to marry MdR, and Leo wanted to marry Rod? Aren't they related? And does that mean Juan and Aimee/Regina also are, and Renato? I am confused. Thanks.
 

Ivy:
Leo, MDR and Rod are distant relatives. They were first or second cousins, I guess, so they could've married. The second generation is also related to each other, but very distantly.

Jeri:
Are ratings very low in the US? I check only the Mexican ratings, I don't know much about Univision.
 

Aribeth, when I've got a TN going, I usually check Nielsen every week, but they haven't posted this week yet.

They post on Wednesday, so that is odd. The latest week they have up there is March 8. I dunno, maybe they just didn't change the date or something.

Scroll down to the bottom where the Hispanic market is.

Nielsen
 

Ivy, I believe that Rodrigo is a distant cousin (more distant than first at least) to the sisters Leonarda and M de Rosario. His famly took them in when they lost their parents young. Perhaps he was even head of the household at that point, he certainly is enough older than the sisters. As they grew up, he fancied Rosario while Leonarda pined for his affections. So Juan is a really distant cousin to Aimee and Regina but first cousin to Renato.
 

Hi Cheryl, thanks so much for the recap. I loved the scene where MDR in black sneaks up behind Regina in white, very creepy cool.

Your photo excursions sound wonderful, have a great time. The Trianglethon is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.
 

Cheryl, thanks for the recap. As you can see, I'm a little behind :)

Good question about MdR's black-on-black outfit. I say we let her do a Woolite ad..."Want to keep that hideous, voluminous black dress looking just as dark as the day your sister locked you in a dusty dungeon? Use Woolite Extra Dark Care!"
 

Its a very great article and informative. thanks for the information...
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder