Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gancho Wed. March 10 - Eh, Xime and Rolu reconcile, The Usurper finds a new victim, and Beto is promoted

We open with Oski and Jero discussing their state of affairs…shouldn’t have given Coni so long to cough up the dough, the police are looking for you, we shouldn’t trust that woman Issy, what if Aldo talks. Oski is calm and worries about nothing; Issy is their ears.

Estrella and Nieves discuss Estrella’s encounter with the Vibora, and she tells her she was so nice, blech. Some how this breaks down into Nieves chastising her for almost marrying her cachorro. Oooh raw topic, Estre has no interest in talking about that and smacks Nieves about being left at the church 30 years ago.

Ick, more molasses from Mami Vibora who doesn’t want to see Mona sad. She fought with Beto but doesn’t want to talk about it. Ma thinks sometimes it’s good to enjoy silence. Careful, too much and we’ll hear that hissing of yours.

Nieves tells Estre they should be united now, not fight. Beto walks in all sad because Mona won’t listen to him either. A few sparks fly about Mau and not getting in line for him who is now single, and anyway they all muse what they might do about Mona.

Pau and Tano arrive very happy having thoroughly enjoyed the movie together. Cris is slinking along behind them. Tano had such a great time he invites her to dinner tomorrow night and with a smirk of Cris, Pau says of course, and she had the best time.

We see the cardboard multi-colored flowers and know that we must be at Estrella’s pad. Gabi is there and Pau and Estre walk in and learn that Pau had a great time, but she knew Cris was following them. Gabi thinks it’s tough now a days to find a single, mature, heterosexual man who wants to commit. Ah Sal was that and more.

Now we go to the Planter’s nut farm where Lorenza is yelling at Sal for uttering Gabi’s name again. She flips out.

Now the tres chicas are consoling Estre that clearly Oski took advantage of Aldo. Gabi thinks Oscar deserves horrible happenings. Pau says careful you almost sound like you might end up liking him. Huh?? Anvil? Ugh no way.

Back at the nut farm, Aldo shows up to see Oski and finds Lore. Oski tells her to run after Sal. Al needs money and threatens to expose Oski for having Lore and also that the police are looking for him. O almost chokes Al that he will regret it if he does this. He throws some money at Al and tells him to scram.

Xime brings Rolu his meal in bed. Rolu continues with his bad boy act. He doesn’t like the food, he’s not comfortable, she’s stupid etc. She should stay home and cook for him and act like the wife she is. For some reason she says this gives her pause to kiss him. DOUBLE BLECH!!!

She crawls toward him and kisses him. They end up making out. Hmmm.

Now to Mona and Ma. She feels lonely. But Ma is there. Nope she misses Mau. Ma thinks hopefully they will reconcile but he’s united himself with the worst enemy Marcos. Ma won’t leave her lonely. Alright, if she hates Mona so much eventually this has to give. Mona reminisces about the fountain. Mau about when they adopted the kids.

Aldo is not sin drogas. He is paying someone for drugs.

Lalu shows up at Xime’s for Arnie. Xime yells for Arni, and Rolu yells at her for making a scene. Lalu yells at him for being rude to her. She calms them all down. Lalu isn’t in on the turn of events apparently.
Eventually Xime convinces Arni to go for his daily dose of gayland and Rolu acts rude to her again.

Val leaves Ali and Issy. Issy springs she has a plan to make Val happy with Mau again and Ali agrees to be in on it. More molasses extra thick. Yuck, Ali’s head is soooo stuck in it, I can see it dripping slowly down her face..

Marcos shows up to Mau’s to tell him he is now legally the Pa of the kids. Amazing what money can buy, eh? Sheesh. Mau signs some papers and boom it’s all back to normal again! Ah the shining saint of Marcos.

Issy has to go to the docs.

We are back with Xime, who is standing on her head? She is wondering what else she can do to show him she has something in her head. He just wants her out of his sight.

Marc is happy Mau is happy and thinks this will make her happy too. Ah but he now hears Mona has fallen victim to the Vibora venom. Marc swears he’ll incapacitate that woman and help get Val back.

Rolu continues with the insults. Xime skips her first thing but tells him how hot she gets when he talks that way and smiles his mad smile. She says if he could only walk they could make love like crazy. He tells her there are other ways to make her feel “love” Atta Boy!!! He tells her to lay there next to him. Ah they share smiles and we have to wonder…. :)

Arni and Lalu chat and the nugget is that Xime has self esteem problems. Arni thinks he needs to help her since she is helping him. Lalu wants his help to just kiss him. Nope.

Mona is practicing at the gym with Cesar she spews bitter things about her Pa she tries to convince Cesar that Marc is going to poison Nieves. Cesar doesn’t take too long to fall and swears he’ll protect Nieves. She encourages him to practice fighting. He ends up training instead!!!

Mau is about to leave to go see his kids when Beto shows up. Marc wonders where he’s been he was supposed to work. Beto learns the news about the kids. Marc tells him to keep quiet for now not to upset Coni.

After commercial, Coni is going to the gym and Jacqui has yogurt on her face because she is getting together with Marc tonight and wants to look good while they reminisce about old times. Has anyone ever put yogurt on his or her face? Does it do anything? Just as Coni is repulsed by her Ma talking about her Dad, Mau shows up with some police to take back his kids. Coni bites back, but our ever lawful Cris says sorry but you have to follow what is written. Dani and Lu come out and there is a super happy reunion. Lu spits a little at the momia, who of course spits back. Nice. Ma is pleased at all this.

We see Aldo walking the long journey. He sees some drugged out kids and joins them in their vice.

Marc is telling Beto he doesn’t want a janitor for a son in law he wants a general director of Sermeno Group. Beto is all offended thinking he’s out of the running and how could he say this now, but turns out he’s movin’ on up….to the top…because Beto is going to be the new general director…. :) Oh heavens…..

Labels:


Comments:
Hooray, I get to comment before I go to bed!

Oh heavens is right. Beto the general director? Sounds like more fun is headed our way. I wonder if he gets to hire his own secretary? Paula? Gabi? A new face?

Yeah, quiet Hissy or we'll hear that hissing...well said! I love the molasses motif, I think that's a keeper. It's better than honey because it's darker, more sulphuric and harder to get off. (I love molasses but I won't let that get in the way of things.) Also, Mami Vibora is awesome, where do you come up with these great descriptions?

Finally Mau gets the kids back and it happened in one episode just like the good old days. Remember when things used to get resolved in one night?

"Daily dose of gayland", heh heh, harsh but hilarious.

No, I have never put yogurt on my face but I heard Cleopatra used to put sour milk on her face for her complexion. I wonder if it works? Hmmm...I have some plain yogurt in the fridge...

Kris, you're a gem for getting this up so quickly. I'll bet you're the busiest one among us (and we're a pretty busy group) so thank you for your lively, funny and always hip recap.
 

Kris:

Thank you so much for the recap. It was a real keeper! LOVE the title.

What I hated was Rolu. Oh, my, I do not like this turn of events. Our little Xime is turned on by verbal S&M? Say it isn't so! Kris, I'll say your "DOUBLE BLECH!!!" is perfect to describe my feelings, as well.

Also, are we in an extension period? Why are we having so many boring Mau scenes and flashbacks? Bless his heart, he is so handsome, but he is really BlandMan, for sure...

I think I will go to Pouter's Corner now, and fume about Xime and Rotten Rolu.

Night, all...
 

Please humor me, friends. I know this is OT, but I just picked up some chisme and I have no one to tell. Not many people visit the Clon board, and I know a lot of my old compañeros hang out here.

It looks like Jaime Camil is working on breaking into the US market. He's in CA this week for the San Diego film festival (his latest movie is in the FF). Today on his twitter page (http://twitter.com/jaimecamil), he posted, "I had a day full of promising appointments and fantastic plans for my career in the USA. I'm sooo happy!"

I know he has wanted to get out of telenovelas, and he wants to make more romantic comedy movies (the perfect vehicle for his skills), and now it sounds like he's looking north to achieve that goal. Do you think it will work?

I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.
 

Oh Kris, "the usurper finds a new victim"...poor poor Tano.

Like Sylvia, I loved your molasses motif, particularly the image of Alicia practically drowning in it. Mami Vibora is all too adept at spreading her toxic waste.

Conflicted about the Rolu/Ximena situation. Before she was dutifully kissing him but not enjoying it. Now that he's acting like a brute again, she's turned on, she's delighted, and they're having great fun pleasuring each other. Sooooo....it's not a totally bad thing. We'd just like to see her get a healthier turn-on, and for him to get a healthier approach to truth-telling. And it's high-time for Arnie to tell Lalu he's NOT GAY.

Thanks Kris, great read and you blasted it out in record-time.

Paula...interesting news about Jaime Camil. If he makes it big here, we can say "we knew him when..."
 

Paula, thank you for keeping us up to date on the Jaime Camil chisme. The guy is incredibly talented and I would really like to see him be a crossover star. Salma Hayek did it so why not Jaime Camil? Damn him, why couldn't he come up to San Jose for Cinequest?!?!?!? Why didn't they show Regresa?!?! I would have SO been there! Paula, I miss you amiga. I wish I had time to watch and read the recaps for El Clon but I am super busy and involved in a personal project that will go through July. After that I get my life back more or less.

OK, back to the regularly scheduled programming...

JudyB, I didn't even mention the Xime/Rolu thing because I'm torn about it. Ultimately I want her to be happy but she is taking a strange journey to get there. I was all set for her to dump Rolu and latch onto Arni but hey, maybe Rolu really is her one true love and they just need to find it. I know Diana has been uncomfortable with the "I'm digging your brother" thing and for good reasons, but Rolu has historically been a jerk. Oh what do do what to do? Maybe another visit to Madame Bartola is in order.
 

Haven't read the recap yet, but I did just read this:

"The...study should identify fundamental attributes of an architecture to enhance adaptability."

So: Carlos, Judy, Kris, Sylvia and Hombre and all the others here in Gancholandia, you can probably see how much I appreciate the quality of the writing and language skills here.

And, no, I can only guess at what that sentence above really means.
 

Good morning Kris, Sylvia, Paula, Elna June, Judy.

Kris, thanks for another excellent recap that crackles and sparks. Well done. This was an entertaining yet troubling episode.

Ximena and Rolu. I love Ximena. I like her and Rolu together but I do not like how the relationship is being rekindled. I hope that Ximy is working some devious plot but for the life of me, if she is, I can't figure it out. This looks like a job for Elna June.

Aldo and drugs. ¡NO! ¡NO¡
¡NO! y ¡NO!

Tano and Pau. I'm not a Tano fan, but it's not right for her to use him like this.

Moni and Serpent Mommy. Valentina honey, WAKE UP!

Mao and Marcos. OK I guess. I don't like Marcu' metods but he gets things done.

Sal and Loriloca. Will someone please rescue his butt?

Coni and Beto. Healthiest relationship?

Arnie and Lalo. Hmmm.

Elna June and Cornell. Yeah!

Carlos
 

Kris, wonderful recap. I especially liked "More molasses extra thick. Yuck, Ali’s head is soooo stuck in it, I can see it dripping slowly down her face.." Me too.

It is ironic that Rolu's going back to his old ways (and for Elna June and Sandy, this is exactly the way he used to abuse poor Ximena) is working. But at least we have the explanation, Xime has "low self-esteem". I can understand why, with Jero putting her down her whole life (which is the analysis a few of us posited yesterday). But she's so fantastic, why can't she see it? I'm hoping Arnie will boost her self esteem, she'll wake up, and dump Rolu.

Aldo is really sinking down, spent the money, now trying to bum drugs from some bum kids. I hope he doesn't get too hurt before he gets rescued.

Marcos is on Mau's side, but what about his methods? First, he bribed the judge, and the previews make it seem that he's going to bribe a doctor, too. As we've learned from this show, judges and doctors are easily bribable. I'm not too pleased with this portrayal, but I guess it does help the plot a bit.
 

Thank you for the recap Gancho. I had alot of fun reading it.

Xime and Rolu, mmmm. Not sure what the writers were thinking here. Yes, he treated her that way before when she was in love/obsessed with him. But, Rolu at that time didn't want to be in a relationship with Xime, he dumped her and she started harrasing him until he fell and broke all his bones, then when he was in a full body cast she married him even though he couldn't speak. We all laughed at this because he was a jerk and she was awesome but I think the reason they are still stuck in this marriage is due to those desperate actions that always defined their relationship. Rolu wants to make things work now, but he is going about it the wrong way. However, when Xime wanted to make things work with him she also made some desperate choices (remember when she tied him to their bed for days so that he would not leave?).

Maybe it's just me, but what I get from the actors is that there are some genuine feelings coming from both characteres. The last scene were Rolu was holding Xime showed some tenderness. I agree with Judy in this, they can start again with a better relationship if they find a healthier way to sustain it. If they don't, then the best would be to finally let go of each other.

Carlos, I agree with you: Coni and Beto seem to be the healthiest relationship on this show. Who would have thought it when this show began?

Paula: Nice to know about Jaime. I think he has always been a little fed up with the telenovela world. I wish him luck.


Jarocha
 

Maybe Tano just really wanted a fun night at the movies. It's not nice of Pau to use him -- but Chris is so funny following them.

It's distressing to see Xime falling for Rolu's mistreatment -- but it looks to me as if Arnie's work on her self esteem will be the way for her to realize her own worth and that her media naranjo is the guy who really wrote the love letters.

What nefarious plan do you suppose Issy is plotting now? I'm sure that she is reeling Alicia in to think she's helping get Moni & Mau together while in reality Issy will try to separate them forever. But How?

Güera
 

"Nut Farm"...very funny. I hope Aldo figures out that being threatened and forbidden to tell means that he REALLY NEEDS to tell someone, but alas he is going down a dark and dismal path.

Ximena and Rolando are so great together once they're on the same page, but their methods of getting there are so disturbing. I really hope they do get it together and solve their issues so they can have a healthier relationship. Rolu looked kind of sad when he saw that the abusive style was working. He really didn't want to be treating her like that, but it seems like the only way to keep her. Sigh. Work your magic, Arnie.

I wonder why Monita is so willing to forgive her mother, even after knowing the awful things she's done, just because she is her mother, but won't offer her father even a smidgen of the same consideration.
 

Good morning folks. First let me start by acknowledging some of my favorite lines from Monday and Tues recaps.

Carlos - "Alicia's inane babbling will give our momma snake a little glimpse into the Hell that surely is being prepared for her at this very moment." please let's home there is room in hell for this colossal slime bag :)

"verbal waterboarding" - hee!

Judy - hope you didn't have too many nightmares...

Oh and I loved the twat comment. Now, I know what that is in American English...are you folks saying a fanny is the same thing in British English, as in female anatomy? Sorry for the delayed reaction but I'm curious, as I have been heretofore spared that commentary.


Ok Paula great ot hear from you and thanks for the Camil update, I sort of lost some respect for him, I think he does think he's better than the telenovelas and the Mexican market and that he should break into the US film market.

Whatever, I'll agree he should be here, but dude love your heritage as well. I don't know, sometimes he comes off as a spoiled rich kid that is too good for some things, but I don't really know him, right. I do love his celebrityness though, I guess. He's hell of funny. Anyway, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

OK so now thanks again everyone hope you all are well.

thanks for the pibil pics. Yummy!!!
 

I had a seminar and just got into work. Kris, in truth, my original plan was to tackle my e-mails and get to work. I intended to savor your recap along with Sylvia's tomorrow morning and give myself a very happy beginning to the weekend. But, the lure of Caray was too great so here I am...

Kris, I am a huge fan of your work. Your razor sharp wit and humor are simply wonderful, i.e. Issy's "hissing" and "More molasses extra thick".I completely share your sentiments about Gabi and Oski "Huh?? Anvil? Ugh no way."

Speaking of Oski, he is over on Mi Pecado now (sans the oil in both hair and character).

Why isn't Aldo able to bask in the love and affection of his reuninted family? Why are these terrible storylines for him continuing? This kid has suffered way too much. Basta!

Beto as general director opens the door for great fun and benevolent mayhem. Excellent!

Jarocha, I loved that you said Ximena and Rolu have both made desperate choices to make it work. You're right. I still can't fathom how this is all going to work out.

Wonderful comments all.

Diana
 

K-Fuego, I'll be the first to say it, after Fea, Camil was a complete, um, donkey spelled with 3 letters. It was altitude sickness - he rose too high too fast. But after the fracaso that was Tontas, he came back down to earth, older and wiser. He's shed that disgusting arrogance.

Regarding his career, he loves Mexico and he'll tell anyone who will listen. But I think he doesn't want to play the same novela script repeatedly for the rest of his career; who can blame him? The problem is, if he wants to work in romantic comedies, and Mexico just doesn't make that genre.. what do you do?
 

Julia, ITA, why is Moni so forgiving of Issy, but won't give an inch with Marcos. The other day, she said to Nieves, but Isabel "gave me life". Well, so did Marcos.

Kris, I was also surprised to find that fanny, which means rear end in American English, means a female's "front end" in British English, which is what twat means. However, in British English, twat doesn't mean that, and is not really vulgar (I think). (the things you learn on this board :)
 

Thanks for a great recap Kris. I like molasses. Now you've given it bad connotations. :)

Don't really like how Xime and Rolu are going right now. Why are they doing that to her.

Be interesting with Moni training Cesar. Will Cesar and Marc have it out in the future? Don't think Marc will do that. Marc does make things happen. How well will Sermeno Group (is it still Sermeno Group?) do with Beto as general director. Good idea Cap'n, perhaps he'll hire everyone back.

Agree Carlos, Pau is using Tano too much now. I hope he realizes that.
 

The current situation between Paula and Tano reminds me of Bob Seger's "Night Moves":

I used her she used me
But neither one cared
We were getting our share

Re "fanny", yep, that's true about the English usage. Another story from our time in England, if I may. Another American mom on our street called out the window, "Christine, get your fanny in here!" which was followed by the sound of Brit neighbors' jaws hitting the floor. One of the kindly Brits came over later and gave a quick tutorial.

Rolu - what a piece of work.
 

Oh it'll be sooo hard (NOT) for me to be enthused about Camil again. He's incredibly talented so I will look forward to seeing him in the good old USA.

Fanny, eh, welp, I guess if I heard it I thought it from the wrong end. Hee! That could be interesting! Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I always wonder where slang/nicknames come from anyway....like the tw one? Maybe I don't really want to know. :)

Oh I actually like Pau and Tano together....he actually seemed animated for a moment like he had a personality insteadof serious doom and gloom let me agitate some pot somewhere. Pau enjoy your company with him. Get off the fence Cris, or is it the floor....whatever...if you want her, offer her the moon, that's what I say, or else don't be surprised who moves in for the kill.

I actually liked Tano this day. Hrmph, and that he's not picking on teenage boys who can't help themselves.... :)
 

Mike, poor Rolu is not really very bright. What he was doing (being sweet and affectionate) wasn't working. Jero advised him to be a butt. He is. It's working. I can't blame him too much. Elna June is our shrink, but I think it's safe to say that this is positive reinforcement of bad behavior. As for his philandering, perhaps Beto's latest tee shirt put's it best:

No soy infiel (I'm not unfaithful)
Soy débil (I'm weak)

Of course you are right, he is a piece of work.

Today is perfect motorcycle weather here in Texas. I thought about you. Hope you're getting or will get some of this.

Carlos
 

I guess that if Camil wants to do romantic comedy movies then he would not find much work in México. There's been some romantic comedies, but most movies are dramas or satires. Even then, I don't know if his type of comedy is fitting with the romantic comedies being produced right now.

Jarocha
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder