Friday, April 02, 2010

Corazon Salvaje, April 1, 2010 "The Hills Are Alive--With the Sound of Pirates."

From Yesterday:
The doctor comes to work on Juan’s leg. They find they have common beliefs.

Rod and Leo are talking. Rod gives his take on love. Leo reminds him a little too eagerly that whatever he needs, all he has to do is ask.

Regina enters her room to find Aimee playing possum. She ponders who Renato could have confused with her.

Renato in his room. He remembers Regina’s words. He thinks she’s lying. Why? Why? Aimee is so different. He sits up suddenly.

Aimee is dreaming of Juan. This will be the last time. She sits up and says he’s gone, he abandoned me. Why?

Meanwhile Juan is in the Love Cave thinking about Aimee.

Aimee sits up and calls out his name. Renato calls out Aimee. Regina calls out Renato.

Tonight:
The maid brings Santos something to eat. She gets after him for exerting himself. He asks her to wait. Don’t leave. He’s got a present for her. She is excited about it but not sure she can accept it. He convinces her to take it. They make goo goo eyes at each other. Curly and the Parrot show up and interrupt the two love birds with a giggle. Pedro shows up and says get a move on we have stuff to do.

Aimee is making herself beautiful. Regina shows up and startles her. I’m surprised you are up so early since you were out running around until all hours of the night. Aimee says she likes to be alone. But after that? I looked for you everywhere and you could not be found. Aimee says the Finca is a prison for her. This “carcel” is your home (hogar). Aimee thinks she can convince Renato to move elsewhere. Regina says that Renato will never abandon the land. Why don’t you confide in me and tell me the truth. You went to look for this man Juan del Diablo. Dun, dun, dun!


Back at the Love Cave--Gabe thinks Juan should go back to the house. Juan says no way Jose. They are arguing about it when the gang shows up and fills him in on what’s going on. They say nothing has been said yet. Nobody suspects they were responsible. Juan thinks that is good.

Aimee is getting annoyed with Regina. Enough already! I broke it off with Juan. Are you satisfied? Regina says she is just concerned for her. Regina says when she was out looking for Aimee in the garden she ran into Renato. He was acting really strange. What was he doing? He was out walking on the beach looking for you. That gets her attention but she says it was you he saw you were the one walking on the beach. Of course it is your bad nerves. Now you don’t remember what you are doing. Regina says you are crazy… Rosie shows up with some towels. Aimee dismisses her and says thank you we don’t need you right now. But wait, Regina wants to ask her a question--Did you see me leave last night? You can see Rosenda pondering her answer but I’m pondering how does she keep her boobs from falling out of that blouse?

Leo walks in on Rod in the bathtub. Ack! Now I have to poke my eyes out! She is overcome with--something. (Viewerville is overcome with nausea.) He looks at her like “que the hell! “ She hurriedly leaves the towels and closes the door. She looks like she might swoon with delight at seeing her Hot Bod Rod sitting naked as a jaybird in the bathtub. Groan…

Rosenda answers that last night you entered the house and practically ran to your room. You didn’t talk to anybody. Aimee says see what did I tell you? Regina says it can’t be. You are mistaken. Aimee says now will you leave me in peace? Regina leaves crying. Rosenda looks at Aimee and you know she’s thinking that Aimee owes her a big time. Aimee thanks her “for telling the truth” with some perfume. Rosie assures her that she is at her service whenever she needs her. Which really means “soon I will have enough info to blackmail you with.” Aimee thinks to herself “Regina you are in my hands. Nobody imagines that it was me dressed like you going out. Not even Renato knows the difference.” Oh boy! That sounds like trouble.

Noel is talking to Renato. He’s telling him what went on at the dinner table. Noel says that Rod hauled off and smacked Regina. He goes on to say that Regina is so sensitive. Renato says back up Pops, I used to think that about Regina but she is not what she appears. He doesn’t want to say anything, and you can’t say anything to anybody, but last night he went to look for Aimee and saw Regina on the beach. Noel says no way that could happen Renato says oh but it did. When she returned to the house I was waiting for her. She didn’t see me. Are you sure it was her? (Now really Noel, how could you miss her she glows in the dark.) You can’t be right. It was Regina.

Leo walks in and startles Regina. Leo wants to know what is up. Regina wants to know if there has ever been any family history of madness?

Pedro and Santos are talking to the fisherfolk. They are showing them the money. If they discover it we will be up a creek without a paddle.

Rod is just finding out that his shipment went missing. How could there not be any sign. Well, we’ve never had this problem before. Perhaps they were PIRATES. Rod doesn’t believe it. Bandits maybe, but not PIRATES. Nobody knew about it. The soldier says they are not at fault. They have always been faithful. Remember when we took care of that little matter regarding Juan de Dios? Do you think that I am in your hands? Oh no, we just want to remind you of the “favors” we have done for you in the past. We don’t bite the hand that feeds us. FF>>

Leo confides in Regina that her sister was crazy. Oh no! Regina is shocked and looks with doe eyes at Leo-- Do you think that the madness can be passed from parents to children? Leo says oh, of course. Regina falls for it hook, line, and sinker. Ok, now I want to smack her. Regina has some things to do and wants permission to take Clemencia with her. Why does a grown woman need permission to do anything? Leo doesn’t want anything to upset His Royal Majesty. Leo warns Regina that If something happens to Rod it is all her fault. Leo dreamily remembers seeing her big hunk of man sitting naked, exposed and vulnerable in the tub. Ah, what could have been. Sigh…

Rod is questioning the crew. He wants to know what happened to the shipment. The poor guy said they were like ghosts. Like PIRATES. Rod tells the guys they are good for nothing. Get out of my sight. Damn bandits. (Hey, but they could have been PIRATES.)

Gossip is spreading through the town.

Juan is still in the Love Cave. Gabe brings him some water and food. He says the gossip is that PIRATES are afoot. Juan laughs. He tries to talk with his mouth full. Nice. He asks Gabe about Estrella. Gabe loves her. What will you do if she doesn’t exist? She does, I held her in my arms, I kissed her. My opinion is that you should look for Jimena and tell her the truth. It’s not possible. Go find her. Like Mr. I Love You--But Now Not So Much is the one to give love advice.

Regina is talking to Jimena and Clemencia. Jimena says she needs her freedom. I think Regina is worried about her going back to the camp. She wants Renato or her father to go with her. Jimena says no it’s ok. The girls decide they will go with her to just outside the camp.

The doctor is thinking about Juan and what they talked about. How strange. Renato shows up and the doctor tells him he’s been thinking about Regina. Renato asks him if he likes Regina. Duh! Renato says he’s not really the one to talk to. He needs to talk to Rodrigo. Pablo says if she accepts him he would love her for every. Renato says that Regina has changed a lot. I’m not sure what he says after that.

Regina and Jimena and Clemencia go back to the camp. Regina makes Jimena promise that she will find them if she needs help. Jimena runs back into the gypsy camp. Everyone is glad to see her. Especially Servando. He sneaks up behind her and grabs her. What a slime ball. The other men stand around and laugh. (don’t even get me started.) Gabe saves her. He gets in to a knife fight with Servando. Which might not have been the best idea considering he’s good with knives and all. Servando draws first blood but Gabe finishes it with a really nice take-down. Jimena pleads for him to not kill him. He’s not worth the trouble (no vale la pena). Gabe tells him that he was saved this time so he’d better leave her alone.

Gabe and Jimena go for a walk. She is grateful to him. I’ll always be your friend. Estrella is not important. He helps her over a log and gazes wistfully into her eyes. He tells her he loves her-- as a friend of course. Whatever. How much do you love her? More than you can know. Do you want to help me. Sure. She reads his palm.

Juan is still in the cave with his leg all bandaged up. He remembers the woman with the veil and can’t figure out why he is drawn to her. He remembers touching her. Why does she move me?

MdR is in her cell when the white dove flies in. She looks happy to see it. An Angel…she remembers touching Juan’s face. She says it is you. It is you coming for me. But I can’t go. I can’t abandon my son. I can’t. I can’t.

Aimee thinks it is a fine idea to dress like Regina to look for Juan. Let pobrecita’ Regina take the fall. She dons the habit and sneaks out the window. Looks like we are in for another episode of Everyone Hates Reggie.

Juan and Gabe are talking in the Love Cave. Gabe is worried about his leg but Juan says don’t worry about me. You need to get some rest. Juan says they can’t be seen together. If someone asks he should say that Juan will be back soon or whatever he wants.
I will obey your orders because you are right.

Regina is looking for Aimee. Again, she’s not here. Hey check your closet dumbass. A light bulb goes off in her little pea brain. It is Aimee they saw, not me! Ya think? Oh, no, that is seriously not going to happen. I will not permit it. Regina looks in somebody’s room. She searches the rest of the house. Where is everybody? She goes out on the grounds. She goes back into the house. She runs into Renato. He needs something but she is busy. He wants to ask Aimee something. She gets all jumpy. Regina runs into Clemencia. She tells her that Renato is looking for Aimee and she’s not here. Clemencia says what can we do?. I say rat her out and let her face the music. You know she would do that to you without batting an eye. Regina tells Renato that Aimee is indisposed. She’s resting. Tomorrow she will be better. Renato doesn’t want her to go. He wants to talk to her. Please. She looks pensive.

Leo wants to know why Clemencia is standing guard. She says Aimee has a bad headache. Oh, great, Leo will go get her herbs.

Renato wants to read a poem to Regina. (How can you resist those eyes.) She sits down as he begins to read. FF>>

Aimee enters the Love Cave to find a fire going and Juan is asleep on the floor. He thinks it is Regina. She says it’s me, Aimee. She says she used it to get out of the house and find him. She can’t live without his kisses, his hugs. He pushes her away. Get out. She doesn’t get it. Why are you saying this. I need to know if it is true that you are gong. Are you going to abandon me? Yes. I’m leaving and I will never come back. Why? Why? He tells her she is his worst enemy. Aimee looks shocked.

Labels:


Comments:
Good morning everybody. Please feel free to add, change, or clarify. 8(:P
 

Thanks to all the commentators. Love the snark. Haven't seen this episode yet but I have some observations on the characters. EY is barrel chested but not very muscular or well defined like the younger galans. Also, his forehead is tilted back so that when he wears the black headscarf he looks like his head has been sheared off. But he has the most magificent smile and he can bellow to beat the band. The girls are beautiful and the actor that plays Rod has the most fabulous voice. Did he ever sing? The actor that plays Renato is on In Plain Sight on American TV. He looked so familiar. Why is Regina still wearing the sheet-er- habit. I thought the abby sent her home. By the way, the hat portion looks like a duck beak. My Spanish is not very good so I look to other things.

why isRegina
 

Thanks for the snarkalicious recap Connie! Rod's in the tub and Leo would like to rub-a-dub-dub! Gak! Leo could have just backed out and quickly closed the door... but noooo... she has to walk in and put the towels on the shelf... AND we get to see Rod's bod in replay too... I need a whole gallon of brain bleach now! gak!

The true miracle in this episode was Rosenda's gravity defying blouse. She was definitely "outgunning" Aimee in that scene. Girls, don't get your toe caught in the hem of your dress or make any quick turns... and fer Gad's sake don't reach for anything overhead...
 

...my eyes, my eeeeyyyeees! I was going to comment on the possibilty that there could be PIRATES off the port bow, but after the peep show, I've just got nothing left. Could I get my money back, please?

Though I do find myself wondering how Juan would have reacted if it had been Regina in the cave. Aimee obviously rouses his ire more because of the whole 'love/hate/MONTES DE VENDETTA!' thing, but where does that leave Regina? Savage gentility? More teasing? A roll in her sister's sheets since her sister's rollin' in hers?
 

"The Hills Are Alive--With the Sound of Pirates."
:-DDDD
Thank you, Connie!

- I LOVE Jacinta (the maid) and Santos.
- Leo witnessing Old Rod (and maybe his rod) in the bathtub + the flashbacks of this moment: priceless. This woman is a true fangirl.
- Gabe & Jime are still supercute. Their music theme is nice, too.
- Btw I like every single theme this novela. I remember FELS has awesome soundtrack, too. I don't know if these tunes are original or came from another moves/series.
- Love Cave: on youtube we used to call it XXX Bunny Cave.
 

Morning everyone. My computer is already causing problems this morning. Hope that doesn't set the tone for the rest of the day.

I could hardly concentrate in the Rosenda scene because I thought sure we were going to have a wardrobe malfunction and I wanted to be able to describe it in detail for our male readers. Geez!

The scene with Rod really fouled me out.
 

'swoon with delight at seeing her Hot Bod Rod sitting naked as a jaybird in the bathtub.'


The 'hot bod Rod' cracked me up.. You are hysterical Connie...

Thanks.. The novela is getting funnier with each episode..
 

Thank you for the recap, Connie. I will be back on that.

"Outgunning Aimee..." HA! Great -- and so apt. I had to laugh. That is so true: make no sudden moves. They had to have the wardrobe mistress on set for that scene.

Yeah...I was mentioning, too, yesterday that the music in this is good; they didn't spend as much money as FelS did on music (i.e., Pablo Montero, etc.), but it's well done.

Definitely recognize themes from other novelas, esp. "Apuesta Por Un Amor," (Paty Manterola and Juan Soler with Jan). These two shows have composers Luis Guzmán and Roberto Sánchez in common.

The tub scene: Aribeth you are so right. You'd have to be in love with him to love it. LOL
 

At least we don't have to hear Pablo sing Ave Maria off key.
 

Connie, I know I've said it enough times, but you're hilarious! :) Seriously lol at "Leo walks in on Rod in the bathtub. Ack! Now I have to poke my eyes out!" and "Regina is looking for Aimee. Again, she’s not here. Hey check your closet dumbass. A light bulb goes off in her little pea brain." great job! :)
 

I forgot today was a holiday. Not for me though.
 

Thanks Cielo. I'm glad you enjoy it. My original title was How Do You Solve a Problem like Pirates but I settled on the other song from Sound of Music--The Hills are Alive.... Unfortunately I was singing it in my head as I went to bed and was still humming it when I got up.
 

Was Rosenda pregnant during taping because she sure looked like it last night.
 

Thanks Connie, loved the recap, especially PIRATES. I was a little confused as to why the Juan and his merry band of PIRATES was robbing the shoebox but your and Cheryl's explanations help. It's still not crystal clear but whatever, it's best not to overanalyze in these cases.

I don't have any issues at all with Rod's physique or physical attributes. I think he looks better than ever in this TN. He does have a little of that neanderthal thing going on but hey, he's hanging out in a cave so it all works out.

Awesome title Connie, yep in my head all night too.
 

Everytime I see Regina in that ridiculous bedsheet all I can think of is the Sound of Music. Now I'm going to have to go home and watch it.
 

Anon:
"Was Rosenda pregnant during taping"

Yes, she was. The baby was born last month.
 

That would certainly explain the boobage!
 

Thanks Connie for a fun filled recap.This show is getting pretty good. Can someone explain to me what the relationship between Leo, Rod and Maria Rosario is? I know the women are sisters but I am a bit confused about Rod. They are all Monte somethings.Is Rod a brother or a cousin? If so can he marry his sister or cousin? The girls sometimes call Leo Tia or madrina. Help!!
Hanna,Md
 

to Anon 11:54. I am confused as welll but I am confused because Juan is always told not to hurt any of the Monte Aca family because they are his blood?? How? Maria and Leo are sisters. Maria was in love with someone other than Rod. She had Juan from the relationship. That doesn't make him related to Rod, Aimee or Regina, or Renato or anyone else? Unless I missed something. Can someone explain this to me.
 

My two cents:

MDR and Leo are sisters, therefore their children - Juan and Renato - are cousins.

Rod and the sisters are either cousins or second cousins. In both cases they were allowed to get married to each other.

Regina, Aimée and Renato are second or third cousins, the some goes to R, A and Juan.

Leo's the girls' godmother, and they call her aunt because this is easier than calling her half-second-cousin/the daugther of my grandfather's brother's wife or whatever. :-)
 

Anons, Rod is cousin to Leonarda and her sister Maria de Rosario. Therefore, all the kids are second cousins. Renato (Leonarda's son) is second cousin to Regina and Aimee (daughters of Rodrigo) as well as Juan (son of Maria de Rosario). I believe that's how things are. :)
 

Oops, Aribeth you are right. MdR and Leo are sisters so Juan and Renato are first cousins.
 

I don't think it was every explained but we seem to believe he was a cousin or second cousin or something.
 

Connie, Pablo's Ave Maria was painful. I don't know how they let that take get away from them. Maybe they were afraid to tell him.

Sylvia, I'm doing it, too; I keep having to correct myself from calling Juan "Rodrigo."

Santos is too old for the maid. This is one of those things they force on us that annoy me: the younger woman supposedly falling for the old guy. In a million years.

It only works for me after a while -- if the actors are convincing, I get used to the idea and less ticked off. What was the red article that Santos gave her? I want Hummingbird's parrot. Awk!

Renato's thinking his Aimee is so different than crazy Regina, but he's not going to think his Aimee is so ideal when she forces him to leave the land and move to the city. He's going to be freakin' miserable.

So Aimee's got Regina wondering about genetic insanity over a nun on the beach, and that rotten Leonarda is all too happy to oblige with tales of her sister.

Regina connects the crazy sister being the one who died for love. And then later Renato even tells Noel about Regina on the beach. So everybody's looking askance at Regina.

Rosenda's testimony doesn't help, although she's not lying. Nice present Aimee gave her for being on her side, which Rosenda is only too glad to be from now on. Wonder what trouble the two of them will get into.

Aimee is so tickled she's getting away with playing Regina; but according to the previews, Regina figures it out tomorrow and braces her.

Juan doesn't want Gabriel to help him go home, because someone might connect them to the piracy. That makes me think someone is going to connect them to it.

Later on Rodrigo hears from one of the boatmen that they wounded a pirate in the leg; so more suspicion toward that happening.

Back at the beach, Santos and the other guy hand out to the fishermen bags of ill-gotten money from Rodrigo's payment shipment.

I am not very clear on why the fishermen supposedly deserve this money; I gather somebody stole something from them.

But I think they are going to get in trouble for this, because they show the whole town talking about it, being afraid and probably discussing the pirate wounded in the leg.

LOL, Rodrigo fired all the boatmen and told them to feel lucky he didn't make them work as slaves the rest of their lives to make back all his money they lost. So, it must have been a lot of money.

I forget -- did he tell somebody the other day he was expecting this money to back him up for something? He was sure upset when Renato took his money and gave it to the workers for homes. I wonder if he has money concerns...

Now that Jimena knows she didn't kill anybody, she needs her freedom. I can't agree with her that she knows how to defend herself. She's got two guys (Juan and Gabriel) constantly having her back, thank goodness.

It was sweet that Juan, in pain and living in a cave, still had enough humor toward Regina to call Aimee "Santa Regina" when he sees her in the habit.
 

The Montes de Oca must be closely enough related to make Rodrigo divide the family fortune into three equal parts among himself and the two sisters. I would guess second cousins, too.
 

Thanks for filling some of that in for me Jeri. I'm still not real clear on the whole pirate thing really. But your explanation makes sense.
 

Jeri LOL, I can't believe I called Juan Rod!!! Ack, as Connie said now I have to poke my eyes out because I'm thinking of Rodrigo in the tub! OK thank you for all knowing I meant I don't have a problem with JUAN'S bod, sheesh.
 

Connie, I am not clear on it either. In the mornings, I just listen to the soundtrack again after I listen to the recap and see what occurs to me.
 

Sylvia, "Rodrigo Montalvo" is forever burned in fans' brains, no? LOL. I've started to write that instead of Juan several times; it doesn't help there's a "Rodrigo" in this show.
 

Great recap, Connie, super funny and snarky.

Jeri correctly pointed out that the boatman said he stabbed a guy in the leg. That's one of the reasons Juan has to stay in the cave. If he's seen walking around with a bum leg, suspicions would be aroused.

I don't think the money was given to the fisherman, but to some other villagers, whose money it supposedly was. Rod and crew had sold lumber, which must have belonged to the locals. The money was payment for the lumber.

Rodrigo has a partnership with Fulgencio, Raul Marin and Juan Adama (whom they think they've never met, but who is actually Juan). I think Noel was also a partner, but now he's using his money for Renato's Paradise project. I doubt Rod has any real money problems, but certainly losing the lumber money doesn't help.

As for Rodrigo in the tub, didn't you ladies want some more naked guy scenes? Well, your wish was granted! :)
 

Connie:

You were at your best in last night's recap. Great job!

Loved the all-caps allusions to PIRATES,and especially this snark re: Aimee dressed as Regina..."(Now really Noel, how could you miss her she glows in the dark)". ROTFL.

I think the biggest lit Aimee has told so far is that she like to be alone?

Why won't Juan go back to his nice house? Couldn't her just stay inside and heal?

I think Renato is SO handsome.I know that I should prefer our head galan, but right now I would take Renato (minus his obvious incipient mental illness) any day.

Connie, thanks again. Your recaps are a pleasure to read.

Iron Elna O' Velvet
 

Elna:
Renato is hermoso, bonito, lindo, guapísimo, and so on. I'm an EY fangirl para siempre, because I like these linebacker hunk types, but CDLF is simply beautiful and I like his acting in this novela very much. I never thought that he could act at all.
*fangirl mode ON*

Maybe it's not a spoiler if I say that (much) later he's going to have very emotional and difficult scenes and he's going to solve the task very well.
 

He had a small part in Fuego too remember?
 

Connie: Yes, he tried to court Slowfía for a while.
 

elna, just because you said so, I pulled out some DVD's and started a screen cap album of Cristián de la Fuente in CSI:Miami.

These pictures are from Season 3. His character is "Sam Belmontes," who is the chemical analysis lab tech for seasons one, two and three.
 

He was on dancing with the stars too.
 

Jeri:

Thanks for the photos—how nice of you to put that together.I knew I had seen him before! Oh my gosh, he is tres fab, no?

I have never liked the linebacker types, maybe that is why I prefer Renato.
 

Did anyone notice in the previews of tonights show that Reggie gets slapped again by her sister aimee....Poor reggie she will have no more cheeks to turn if they keep beating up on her.....I too wish she would take off that ridulous white sheet....she looks uncomfortable in it.....I almost yacked when i saw that old man in the tub....kicking back like he was Fabio.....hahahaha....so gross....BNinCA
 

Wasn't it CDLF that had a very small part in MEPS? An old boyfriend of Fernanda that made Eduardo very jealous?
Give that boy the top role!
 

Yummy. Cristian de la Fuente is so gorgeous! Thanks for those pics Jeri. I can't fault Regina for her crush on Renato. I prefer Renato to Juan, although he needs psychiatric help for his issues too. In real life I wouldn't want either, I'd probably choose the doctor.

Variopinta the guy in Mañana was Rafael Novoa. He is Colombian and also very hot. Have you seen the promos for Yo Soy Tu Dueña?

Jarocha
 

tks Jarocha, Novoa has more teeth than CDLF, but cute.
I have seen some stuff on Yo soy tu dueña but if you have sth send the link. FC is my favorite.
 

Not much, just the first three promos: 1, 2, 3. Not much FC but as I remember the lead guy appeared a few days later after the backstory. I'm kind of surprised they gaved David Zepeda the role that Eduardo Santamarina had in "La Dueña". I think he is a little young for this version.

Jarocha
 

Thank You for the recap Connie. Jeri you have nice pictures. Cool album. You don't look so bad yourself. ;)

I think twins will always inpersonate each other sometime in their life. I have twin cousins and have had a few twins as classmates in school before.


Ibarramedia
 

Ibarramedia (cómo estás, amigo?!) I agree. Twins change places at least once. My two best friends are twins, and they've done it at least twice.
 

Bien gracias Cielo. :)

I just found this gem earlier. You might like this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCh0TQE2s9o

Ibarramedia
 

Ibarramedia:
Wow, Kuno, Kuno, Kuno Becker and Angélica Aragón? Hey, I like it. :-)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder