Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dinero Part II Tuesday May 25, 2010 Ramiro Almost Gets Lucky and Rosaura Definitely Gets Razor Burn

Nope, not recapping Part II. But I'll throw out a few paragraphs for you all to build on. I have Jorge's problem and for the life of me can't remember skanky lawyer's name. But he's trying to move in on Rosario and Jorge's giving him the stink eye. Marcos seconds that emotion.

Rafa's giving the stink eye also...to that fellow Varona who's dancing with Ale at the party. Bebe finally convinces Ale and Rafa to dance together and oh my, it's "Amarte a la Antigua." They're stiff at first, trying to dance separately, but Ale's emotions get the better of her. She grabs him, they dance, she closes her eyes and...... nada. But I sure was hoping.

Alejandra leaves for home. Susana and Dandy do also. VickyVickyVicky crashes the party and scours the environs looking for her Licenciado Medina. Eventually she hunts him down and insists he take her around to meet all the folks. Marking her territory big-time.

Elsewhere, the General takes offense when Ramiro insinuates that she's emotionless. A colleague, a party member, but not a Female, he maintains. This discussion, along with copious drinking and dancing, continues until they end up kissing, grappling and rolling passionately on the floor of a deserted office. Were it not for VickyVickyVicky's unfortunate appearance at the party, who knows what would have happened? Vicky doesn't get lucky, and neither does Ramiro.

Marino, ever the heat-seeking missile, moves in on a number of females, hoping to find someone who'll give him a daughter. Seems he only has sons. Vicky, among others, strikes him as a likely prospect. Go Marino!.

Claudia, in a noble attempt to relax Beltran (yeah, right) takes off his tie, loosens his collar, promises a massage, all the while treating him to an up close and personal view of her bodacious assets. He appears on the verge of a stroke. This cozy get-together is also interrupted by Miss Vicky who wants to be introduced to absolutely everybody. And while she's at it, fire all the luscious females. Especially that Claudia.

Pepeto, another heat-seeking missile, is making time with Rosaura, even though he doesn't have an "apellido" like her high-falutin' husband and socialite friends. One small peck evolves into a number of lip-numbing kisses. And they weren't faking it. When she finally staggers back, the actress playing Rosaura has a bad case of razor burn on her chin. After her departure, Pepeto takes up with the next randy female in line, a very cooperative Claudia.

Vicky unveils her plan for the evening as she and Rafa take a taxi home. Not home. Nope, take us to the Bunny? Rabbit? Hotel. ( Caught the word "conejos". ) Trust her to pick a fertility symbol for their love fest. Alas, Rafa has to be home early. No can do. But he promises tomorrow night they'll go to a hotel and make love. Wanna bet his dinner with Marian Celeste nixes that plan? Sure hope so.

The evening ends with Ramirez trying to have a heart to heart with slimebuddy Marino. Ramirez has seen the sadness and the loneliness of all his women, and their children. It's not right. Marino is cruel to women. And he has way too many. This sermonette falls on deaf ears and Marino slams out, leaving Ramirez to the tender company of the skinny drunk guy who wants to tell him all about his past as a Lucha Libre fighter. Another likely story.

Previews:
Well, for one thing, a great shot of our fave, Rubi. Wearing a USA shirt and jockey shorts printed with dollar bills. At least that's what it looked like. Take 'em by desert storm Rubi. You can do it, girl.

Here's Maria's recap of Part II. She did both hours in record time and hers is a lot more detailed than my rendition. Kudos to you, Maria, and mil gracias as well.


At the house Quintana asks Rosario if she was ever in love. Touching her cheek he tells her that his goal is to make her happy.

After Claudia saves Beltran from being talked to death by Ramiro he designates her to be his guardian angel and to keep him company in his office, so that people don't come to him asking for raises or bug him otherwise.

Rafa is loading on tequila looking jealous. When Ale comes back, Rafa wants to know, why she refused to dance with him, and danced with the other licenciado. She tells him that nobody thinks she had romance with him, but with Rafa quite the opposite. Bebe steps in an a negotiator and asks both what do they want: Rafa wants to dance with Ale, Ale will obey her boss. They start to dance to "Amarte a la Antiqua".

It looks like Dandy's mixture is working al right, at least with Pepeto and Rosaura and Himenez and Generala. Himenez gets a promise from Generala to finally get to know a real women.

Vicky arrives at AutoSiglo telling the guard that she came for her boyfriend.

Ale and Rafa dance together. Rafa admits that he can't stand to see Ale with other men. Ale responds that since he has a novia and she has a novio that's the way it will be and the fact that they dance together at the party is contributing to further confusions. Ale leaves for her office. There is a round of applause at this moment. Rafa follows Ale short after to the office.

Vicky has managed to crash the party. Marino and Ramiro direct her to Rafa and Ale's office and drool about the damage they will do if Vicky finds Rafa and Ale in action. Plus VVV will be single then and will give Marino a girl.

Vicky walks into the office. It turns out the writers took us on a stress ride and happily Rafa is alone. Rafa decides they too should go home, but Vicky wants to make sure everyone in the company knows his novia.

Rosaura took a breather in the kitchen and is all worried about loosing her prestige dancing with the boys without names. Pepeto walks in wanting a farewell kiss. Even though it's ethically and socially wrong in Rosaurs'a value system they end up kissing passionately.

Elvira is ready to receive her husband home with a baseball bat. In the meantime she talks with her mom, who suggests that her husband could be cheating on her. Elvira does not think so, but just in case she will Ramirez and then die of sadness.

She might as well, since Himenez finally gets to know the true women in Generala and they kiss too.

Rafa takes happy Vicky around town to introduce her, but for Vicky the mission is not accomplished until she meets his boss, who at the same time is engaging in and massage and more with his guardian angel Claudia.

Vicky gets to meet Beltran wants to talk to him about many things, but Beltran leaves. She tells Rafa that she needs an appointment with him tomorrow.

Claudia walks in on Rosaura and Pepeto. Rosaura tells Pepe to forget about what just happened and goes home. Pepeto is now free to make up with Claudia in girls bathroom.

Rafa gets to see Ramirez making out with Generala. His wife calls right after they finish a long kiss.

Since Hazlo is working on everyone Ramiro decides to tell Marino a secret that is his opinion has been affecting their friendship for a long time. They go to a bar. He thinks that Marino is cruel with his women. They need love, care they are so lonely. He thinks they should have the freedom to look for other men. Marino tells him that nobody gets involved with his women. He pushes Ramiro off his chair and leaves.

Rafa and Vicky get into the taxi, and Vicky tells the driver to go to hotel, the same one where they always used to have cositas. Rafa needs to get up tomorrow. They go home. At home he promises her that tomorrow they will go to a luxurious hotel.

Labels:


Comments:
"Nope, not recapping." Could have fooled me. I was out all day and when I got home couldn't believe all the comments from your Mon. recap. They were pretty fun to read. Gol!!!!!!
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Wow Maria. You are amazing. You got all the details and did a double recap in record time. I salute you, amiga.

As feared, I am not doing well transferring your fine recaps to the main page, but I've put in an emergency call to my son (who's at a nearby apartment cat-sitting for a friend) and he's going to come and help me.

Kiddo...you blew me away. Both hours and in such a short time. So what 'Hazeme" essential oils were you drinking, Maria? Whatever it was, I want some!
 

Hi Maria. Well, Andy helped me figure out what I needed to do to make it transfer. At last, learned something new. Wanted to put your fine recap on the main page. It deserves star billing as does Part I. Congrats amiga. You did a fabulous job and also gave me an opportunity to learn something new. That's always a gift.
 

Maria, thanks for stepping up and recapping BOTH hours. I know this was difficult for you to find the time to do this; I never would have guessed since you belted this out in fine time and high style.

I loved your first title particularly. Oh my goodness, how true. I don't think I've seen as many drunks in one place since my long ago college days. Though I was hoping for more between Ale and Rafa, kudos to Ale (Dandy, Susana) for leaving early. Rafa, even though he never acted drunk, packed away an incredible amount of drinks--after lots the previous eve. And the rest of the Auto Siglo crew that were
just completely plastered--all I can say is tsk, tsk and oh
my.

Judy, thanks for the additional detail. I think the comment about VVV marking her territory was so apt. It seems exactly what she was trying to do.
 

Thanks Maria. I got up early this morning and got to read more details about last night. When ever they have those group parties I get a little distracted and find I miss alot. Glad I checked back in. INoticed Rosaura's Raxor burn as well. At first I thought it was lip stick. That Peppito is quite the player.

Thanks again both Maria and Judy. And to Judy's son.
 

Judy, hanks so much for going through all the trouble and pasting the recap.

Barbara, Judy made up the titles. I'm not deserving any credit for that part. I love them too, though.
 

Well Maria, you work well as a team! Thanks so much!
I appreciate all the excellent work.
 

It WAS fun to work with Maria as a team. When I put the title in, I didn't know what her recap would focus on....but my experience of office parties led me to that one!
 

Maria-

Wonderful job on both parts last night. Maybe you should try recapping permanently on one of these novelas. :)

Oh, my. What can I say about all the crazy goings-on at the party? There were some hookups that I did not see coming- Pepeto and Rosaura, The General and Ramiro! Wow! Ale is being really good about keeping her promise and only having work contact with Rafa, as hard as it is. But I don't think she'll be able to stand aside and let Marian dig her claws into him.
 

Thanks, Maria for some terrific recaps. And thanks to Judy for terrific titles.

Maria, I think you may have switched the names Ramiro and Ramirez. I'm pretty sure Ramirez is the one with the mustache, who always hangs around Marino. And the chubby shy one is Ramiro Jimenez. No big deal, though. I greatly enjoyed your recap, which had a playful tone, and filled me in on lots of things I missed.
 

Maria - thank you for doing the recap, great job and under time pressure, too!

That was a crazy couple of episodes. I thought what Dandy gave them was kind of an aphrodisiac and that's why the hookups were happening, pretty wild! I think it was good for Rosaura with her nasty husband to get attention from a good-looking young man. Beltran and Claudia, ick!!

VickyVickyVicky, I can hardly stand her! It is so hard to watch her keep getting her way with Rafa when she is behaving so terribly. Can't wait until he finally gets out from under her manipulation - but I'm sure that's a long time coming still.
 

Ivy, the funny thing is....I don't think the essential oil was actually an aphrodisiac. But Dandy implied that it was. And people's expectations did all the rest. They say the most important sex organ is the brain. So....cuidado what you think.

Hombre, you've pinpointed something that drives me crazy in this novela. Ramiro and Ramirez. Those names are way too close and so easy to mix up. Ditto for Rosario and Rosaura. Arrrrgggh. I can never remember which is which. Always have to look at my cheat sheet of cast members. Not everybody is on there, alas.
 

Thanks, Maria and Judy, for your tag team effort in filling in for Kat. They are great recaps and I really need the summaries to help me with my comprehension.

That Dandy is a sly one. He was chosen to buy the whiskey to get the party started early and knew he could extend the effects of the whiskey by adding the droplets. I think he said it was for skin and hair. Where can I buy some. Ha ha.

GinCA
 

Judy - I hear you on the names. I think of Ramiro Jimenez just as Jimenez and that helps. But I confuse Rosario and Rosaura, too.

Quintana is becoming creepier as a villain. But I was surprised to hear Marco suggesting murder when yesterday he said they're swindler not murderers!
 

Ivy, I was thinking the same thing about Marco, maybe he just doesn't like the idea of killing women since he seems to enjoy them so much, lol.
Couldn't really get into these episodes, they were so all over the place.
ITA with you about when Rafa FINALLY stands up to VVV and tells her to kiss off that he is tired of all of her crap and that it is O V E R !!!
I was shocked when Jaminez's wife said what she said about being sad if he were cheating on her, I guess she really does love him, she should go to the shrink with VVV or they should take classes on how to treat your man.
 

Oh, and thank you guys for filling me in on how many episodes there are, so pretty much, we are looking at about 6 more months, more or less?
STuD looks like it is going to be really good, I just didn't want to get hooked on another novela. Right now would be ok because everything else has ended and the re-runs have started, but when the season premiers start next season, I will be torn because there are some other shows that I just can't miss either and no, don't have VCR or that other thingy what is it, D-
VO or T-VO, something like that.
 

Kat, I had the same thought, too, that Marco just didn't like the idea of offing Rubi! That was interesting that Jimenez' wife does love him, for sure, she needs help. He already tried to get it, but maybe from the wrong counselor.

I'm tempted by STud, too, but I don't want to get hooked, either, they are so addictive! And I don't have recording equipment either. :)
 

Ivy and Kat...thanks for mentioning that scene with Ramiro's wife. I'm hoping that by novela's end, they will have worked out something so that neither one is abusive to the other and they are able to remember whatever it was about the other that made them fall in love.

And have to admit, I struggle with the same addiction to these programs as you do. I justify it by saying I'm working on my language learning....but still! I could be studying a textbook or taking a night class to achieve the same thing.
 

Maria and Judy,

Good job by both of you. Maria, add me to those who would like to see more of your recapping. I'm impressed with your humor, style, and commendable command of both English and Spanish. You are very gifted.

I'm very disappointed with Dandy and everyone else at Auto Siglo. Dandy for tampering with and adulterating a perfectly innocent bottle of whisky. The others for permitting it. Clearly, nothing is sacred on this show.

From the first time that I saw him, I've not trusted nor liked that oily Quintana. I understand why Jorge wants to protect his sister from this rodent. If Marco and Chavez want to take him out... they have my blessing.

I thought that all those unlikely matchups at the party were downright creepy, with perhaps the exception of Marino and VVV. I wouldn't mind if she and her brothers latched on to him for a while.

Carlos
 

Wouldn't that be a hoot, maybe give him a taste of his own medicine. I always thought that the women that were waiting outside on him at the end of the month were his ex women, lover, etc... that he had children with, but by the way he spoke last night, they are all still his women and no other man should mess with them.
And what is this crap about looking for the woman that can give him a daughter, doesn't he know that it is the man that determines the sex of a baby, NOT the woman, well someone needs to tell him, maybe that would bring his ego down a notch. I would love to elbow him in the teeth!
 

Thanks so much Maria and JudyB!

I didn't think about all the similar names until you pointed them out. Another combo that used to throw me was Medina and Merino. I can tell them apart, obviously, but sometimes I got confused when people were talking about them.

The party hook-ups were quite astounding. This show does have some interesting twists!

Mil in NC
 

Carlos, as crazy and aggravating as I find VVV, I think she is too good for Marino. Marino deliberately is nasty and cruel to people frequently for just the fun of it; Vicky is a girl who wants what she wants -- and what she wants is Rafa. I would like to see her brothers take Marino on though. And, I liked how VVV barely gave him the time of day.
 

Thanks for a great recap Maria. Glad you decided to do both hours. Thanks for the assist Judy. You two would make a great luchador tag team. :)

Was very surprised at the General/Jimenez pairing, the others not that much.

Vicky is quite the trip. Trying to run the business now. Need to have someone else running the place as Beltran would not get rid of the women.

Claudia better watch out. Almost giving Beltran an infarto. If he kicks off, she might get someone else in charge that is not as easily swayed by her assets.

It looks like missiles did collide in the end.

If anyone takes money from Jorge, I vote for Marco and Chavez. I hope they get a plan to get rid of Quintana. Getting him to go to Iraq probably won't work.

Tomorrow, looks like Rafa will get into trouble again. Going to be hard to be with VVV when MC has him hidden away in her quinta.
 

Thanks for doing such a great job filling in Maria! I had to miss most of the action last night so it's great to have the bases covered. The Siglo is going to be one uncomfortable place the morning after this party. Hangovers and awkward glances galore!
 

Thank you everyone for your super nice comments. Also thank you for pointing out the names. I thought I had the name s down. Glad to hear I'm not the one confusing them.

I'm looking forward to tonight. Rubi looked very promising. And the day's after are usually quite funny as well.
 

Hopefully MC will be a reason for Rafa to grow a pair. Hopefully he can resists this woman (I think he can) because of his feelings for Ale, and maybe once he grows them, he won't lose them and start putting other people in there place. I have seen him be stern with Ale, I just don't understand why he can't be that way WHEN HE REALLY NEEDS TO BE, ie with VVV and her dufus brothers.
 

Barbara,

I wholeheartedly agree that Vicky is much too good for Marino but she and those brothers would certainly be good medicine for this creepy guy. At first I was amused by him, but I've developed a very strong distaste for him during the past few days. His treatment of Ramirez last night was inexcusable and of course his treatment of women is outrageous. I would love to see him approach Vicky as her did last night with the brothers looking on and then let nature take it's course.

Carlos
 

I think Rafa feels guilty for falling out of love (or what he thought was love) with Vicky. He's mentioned to Jaime that Vicky has been a faithful girlfriend for the last two years, and he feels obligated to follow through. PLUS, her brothers and father would kill him. :)

He did break up with her once when she gave him an ultimatum, and he accepted. But she just came right back into his life (she never really left) and didn't even acknowledge that the break-up had happened.
 

I always got the names mixed up at first too. That's why I would usualy call Ramirez bow-tie guy and Rosario, I would usually say Tia Rosario or just Tia.

I agree someone needs to take quintanna out. I enjoy Jorges reaction to him. And Jeff I am with you, if anyone gets Jorges money I vote for Marco and Chavez.
Maybe with a split to Rubi, for being such a sweet sport. But not Quintanna. If my memory serves me right, I think his bad judgement had something to do with the embargo in the first place.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder