Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Dinero 5-1: Four nights of pleasure!

  1. Rosaura has brought several suitcases of make-up and shoes to Isabel's apartment and shows her ignorance by pointing to a painting of Mao and asking, "who's that nice Japanese fellow" ?

    Isabel says Gabriel, Rosaura's husband, has an outstanding lack of class - he kept her stuff!

    Rosaura complains about everything at Isabel's apartment - the water is cold, the breakfast isn't to her taste. Rosaura explains that cold showers are all very well for poor people, who are genetically adjusted to it. "It's so ugly to be poor," she emotes.

  2. Jaime is semi-horrified to wake up with Julieta. He goes out to brood in the cold - she finds him, wonders why he's acting so odd, and insists he will be the first and last man in her life. She wants to hear the details of his past loves but he is reluctant and can't get over his double fears - that Vicki will get him, or Rafa will kill him.

    Jaime is cleaning up, they're getting ready to go home. She calls her mom - all is well. That means all 18 messages on Jaime's cellphone must be from Vicki Vicki Vicki...

  3. Rafa and Ale got their sweet night together and wake in each other's arms. Rafa is afraid it will be like the other times - that after this wonderful romantic night Ale will repent and (pretend to) forget - but she insists, not this time. They are novios now! They should go off to work but they duck back under the covers.

    Then they have a nice breakfast together. Rafa promises he will keep paying as he promised. Ale: "I'm more interested in your other promise!" "I have two years before I'll be done with my economic promise to you - the other one is for life."

    She asks what her dad wanted and he won't tell, but she guesses. "Yes, I promised not to come between you and Marco - and not to be in your life any more, and as you see, I'm not keeping that promise."

    Then they're finally off to start their day. There are no taxis in this corner of the world, they'll have to hitch a ride on a truck. Though he's supposed to go back to Siglo, Rafa says he'll take her to Cucuyoc first, since she has never done this before. They inform Susana that they're happy. Rafe has lots of phone messages to listen to but here's a bus! Too bad, Vicki Vicki Vicki!

    Susana says she'll cover for them. She tells Claudia there's no meeting today. VVV calls but Susana tolerates the yelling and insults and tells nothing.

    The sweethearts arrive in Cucoyoc. Ale teaches Rafa the vacuum cleaner kiss, the pengin kiss, the butterfly kiss - and the Alejandra Alvarez de Castillo kiss, which is best of all. She goes up to her friend's room. Rafa will wait in the Plaza.

  4. Marco's night was not so great: his wake-up pills, combined with whiskey, are boinging away - as long as he pretends Carmelita is Angeline Jolie. He preens a bit - "Men who get a lot of money for nights like this - Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and me!"

    Carmela has a nice black negligee and things are going ok - until - the ghosts of Rafa and Ale, embracing, appear in the bed and Marco leaves screaming. Carmela is furious.

    Chavez comes next morning to Marco's house; uh-oh, it's never good when Marco's hair is tousled all up in the air. Marco admits he couldn't give Carmelita what she demanded. Chavez wants to console him but Marco, hilariously, barks: "Chavez, don't touch me! I'm still under effect of those pills!" Chavez: "With me, NO! ... Marco, we can't go on like this -let's just reserve a prison cell. Or - you need to ask Carmela for a second chance!" "I don't have spirit or body." Chavez says he'll call - "I don't want to go to jail just because you're in a depre!"

    Chavez calls Carmelita and makes excuses for Marco: he's under pressure and has hallucinations. "He's talking with his psychiatrist right now. He's in an ocean of tears about last night, give him another chance." Then to Marco: "OK, I calmed her down. Remember, you vowed to kill Medina and get your woman back. Dealing with Carmela is part of that."

    How can they get rid of Rafa, who now has a good job and is paying his debt dutifully? Chavez decides Rafa's family is his greatest weakness. If, for instance, his mother sold their house for some reason, she'd go to jail. Chavez thinks they can get her to sign a bill of sale without knowing - "these people usually don't read the small print. Then we'll have her son in our hands!" He has some guy "Frank" who will handle this assignment.

    Marco calls Claudia and finds out Ale and and Rafa will be out of town till about four, so the dastardly deed should be immediate!

Tomorrow: Rafe and Ale arrive at Auto Siglo holding hands and kissing.

Labels:


Comments:
Melinama, thanks for the quick and thorough recap. Are you happy to not do the 2 hours tonight? :) Wow, I see that STuD is doing 2 hours tonight.

How will poor Rosaura survive being poor. It may get so bad she'll have to sell some of her shoes.

Vicky must have been up all night to leave all of those messages. Poor Susanna had to answer her phone and get an ear full.

Our couple are now novios! How long will that last? Now that they are together, will that mean we will now have everyone telling them lies about the other and have them believe it?
 

Melinama, Welcome back. That was one precise exact recap. Thank you so much. How clever to include Rosaura and the General in your descriptive nights of pleasure. The General was quite patient with our little ingrate.

Jaimie and Julita were quite sweet, but I am sure vicky is not going to stop calling.

Rafa and Ale, well we know there is going to be rough roads ahead.And I am sure Vicki is not going to stop calling.

Marco and Carmela, they deserve each other. They wer quite entertaining however. The scene in the morning when Chavez touched his shoulder and Marco warned him off was one of the funniest lines ever.

I don't like that they are going after Lenora.

I have a question, Chavez always uses a nickname for Marco but I can never figure out what he is saying. It sounds like he is saying "MeLee" or something like that. At first I thought he was calling him Billy. Any guesses?
 

Pata, I heard Chavez call marco "Mi Li" and I thought it might be short for "mi Licenciado." Those two are quite a pareja!!!

Thanks for such a fast re-cap, covering all the main parts, Melinama.
NJ sue
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama and welcome back!

I'm glad our couple is still together but as Jeff and others from yesterday mentioned it might not be for long.

Pata - I too hate they are going after Lenora. Hopefully b/c they are bumbling fools this plan of theirs will be like their many other plans (like last night w/Carmela) and come to nothing.
 

Thanks Melinama for a perfect recap. You have such a talent for picking the exact essence of each scene for us. 
We are lucky you picked Dinero to recap. 

Pata, I agree. La Generala seemed pretty patient with Rosaura. I thought her home was nice as well-not as spartan as I imagined. 

I am enjoying Marco's predicament with Carmela. Chavez's plan with Leonor, not so much.

I think we can be almost positive now that Vicky is not pregnant (I know it didn't seem likely before). I can't imagine a baby would be produced without Jaime there to father it. And I can't imagine Jaime ending up with VVV now that he was Julieta's first. 

Loved every scene with Ale and Rafa. The love scene por supuesto but also Ale telling Susana that Rafa and her were together and the cute kisses in the street. We need more of these scenes to feed our spirits!! Hope Ale and Rafa can be together for a little while.    
 

Thanks NJ Sue. That is exactly what I have heard him to say. Mi Li. That makes sense too.
 

I am fairly sure Jaime and Julieta did not "do it." She said you WILL BE my first. she also said, this is my start, and we didn't even start (or something like that).
 

Good morning all. And NJ Sue, good to hear from you. It's been a while.

Like you said "Mi lic" is for licenciado. And I love the way Chavez talks (la letra chiquita) but HATE the way he operates. Got very upset at the thought of them trying to bamboozle sweet Leonara.

Thanks for the fast and perfectly expressive recap, Melinama. I love that you put in "depre".

The kissing lesson was cute. We loved giving butterfly kisses when we were little, and my kids loved them too.

Now, please writers...more romance, more comedy, but HANDS OFF LEONARA.
 

Welcome back Melinama! And thanks for the great recap. I just love how happy Ale is. There is such a difference between Ale in stressed/mad mode, and Ale in love/bliss mode. Rafa's fear that she would go back to her old ways in the morning was cute and valid, and I'm very glad she proved him (and us) wrong. Loved that they ducked back under the covers to relive some of the night before, although I'm guessing the night stretched well into the morning and they really didn't get that much sleep. :)

I also thought that the General was very sweet and patient with Rosaura. It was really cute when she tucked her into bed, lulling her with all kinds of bourgeois thoughts. :)

Love Chavez and Marco. Hate their plan for Leonor and Rafa’s house. I really hope they fail, but their kind of due for something to work, and we know there has to be some kind of wrench thrown at our loving couple. I really hope they fail though.
 

Melinama, thanks for the clarification about Julieta. Uh oh, then back to slightly more chance of Jaime actually having had sex with Vicky and Vicky being pregnant. Did he or didn't he? Is she or isn't she?
 

Thanks for the great (and shorter) recap Mil.
I have to say though, that when J & J were talking outside and he was all upset about what they had done, Juliet said that what they did last night was out of love, that he was her first and will be her last. And I don't think he would have felt so bad had they not had cositas. I am pretty sure that they did.
I am pretty sure that Marco and Chavez will get away with their a new plan, at least for a little while, something has to break up our loving couple. I just hope that Rafa gets ALL of the revenge that he deserves on Marco before this is all said and done.
I can just see Marco and Chavez, partners for LIFE in a small jail cell, lol.
 

Melinama, thanks for the great recap and I'll echo everyone's welcome back!

It was nice to see a softer Ale. True love agrees with her.

I enjoyed Jaime and Julieta's non postcoital scenes espeically the few quick shots of Jaime with a rare serene expression (minus the usual facial tics), looking quite vulnerable with his toussled hair.

Good to have a fairly VVV free episode (sorry Carlos :).

Diana
 

I, too, thought it was really sweet the way the Generala took care of Rosaura, she showed such understanding especially with her own views being so different.

Ale is so cute and fun when she is happy, I'm not looking forward to the trouble ahead.

That scene with Marco and Carmelita was hilarious, the actor is so good at comedy! Apparently he really is a little crazy, seeing Ale and Rafa yet again.

I'm not sure on Jaime and Julieta, either, although I thought she said he was her first, too, and I had the impression cositas did happen.
 

Jaime-- that sly devil!! With Vicky, did he or didn't he? With Julieta, did he or didn't he?
 

Thanks for another great recap, Melinama.

I think it's fun that the writers keep us guessing whether Jaime and Julieta really did it, and whether Vicky is really pregnant. It makes for so many more possibilities than if we knew for sure. And one possibility is that even if Vicky is pregnant, she could go to the loony bin, and Jaime and Julieta could raise the child. Not likely, but we've seen things like this in other novelas. Or maybe nobody's pregnant. It does seem far easier for telenovela women to get pregnant than it is in real life. How many times has there been just one chance encounter, and she's pregnant? Lots.

As for other pregnant possibilities, of course we know that Rafa and Ale DID do it, so she could be pregnant, too, although I don't think she is. Maybe they even used birth control?!
 

Barbara, LOL! That sly devil Jaime - maybe there is more of that Saturday Night Fever persona hidden in there than we think.
 

Jamie has no memories of doing it with Vicky. Which means he was completely drunk. Which means certain things might not have functioned in this state. But who knows, maybe he is an alpha men in disguise.

And welcome back Melinama. Thanks for the recap.
 

It was really nice to have a VVV free episode. Only saw her at the end.
One thing that cracks me up about this show is when people are on the phone, when it is a woman they make her sound like a chipmunk and when it is a guy they make him bark like a dog. The actors do a good job acting like they are really talking to someone.
It is just my personal opinion, but I don't think that VVV is pregers, I don't think she slept with Jaime, just wants him to think so so that she can blackmail him into helping her. But I think we all kind of figured that already.
 

I'm also confused about Julieta & Jaime. She definitely said that he WILL BE her first and , she hopes her last. But he was all guilty about what DID happen. Of course, with Jaime the guilt could just be about sharing a room and a bed.

I am so bummed about the trick with Leonora and the house. I don't think they will actually turn her in for selling a house that is not really hers until the debt is paid off. But... they could blackmail Rafa and make him promise to break up with Ale and (as in all TN chicanery) threaten to turn in his mom if he tells Ale why he's breaking up with her. I am so upset by this possibility.

Like the rest of you I love to see Marco & Chavez together but I hate what they do.

Güera
 

Thanks, Melinama. for your usual great recap.

I went to You Tube since Uni obviously edited the scene with Rafa and Ale in the cama. The "Amarte Antigua" song had those big skips in the verses so I had to see the steamy scenes. Nada. Just a sheet over the happy couple. And what is hilarious, is that they showed the edited out scene in the promos. Go figure.

GinCA
 

Melinama,

Welcome back. What a clever way of presenting the action of last night. Nicely done. The love scene between Ale and Rafa was very romantic. Good to see Marco and Chavez plotting, though I can't see them succeeding for very long. Speaking of success, I was very disappointed in the little green pills. Not enough to overcome the green-eyed monster. Maybe 2?

Carlos
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder