Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dinero 6/22: Tequila, gossip, jealousy - and an incompetent private eye is born.

I've been away in la-la land marrying off my daughter (see picture).

I thought I'd be recuperated tonight for recapping - then my son drove to the beach and went in the ocean wearing his glasses, which were washed away, so he couldn't drive home. This situation necessitated quite a few phone calls during the Dinero hour.

Luckily, we're in somewhat of a holding pattern. Here are the high points:
  • Don Gaston is willing to lend Rafa the 4.5 million pesos - everybody knows this means Rafa is gonna have to marry Vicki Vicki Vicki no joke!!

    But with this money, Rafa could get out from under his debt, which would free his mom from the threat of jail and therefore make it possible for him to tell Ale what's been going on. (We know full juicy disclosure can't happen because Marco has to remain a credible contender for the indefinite future, let's see what derails it now.)

    Ale drapes herself over Marco purely to make Rafa jealous; Marco thinks he's made great headway with her - she even agrees to have dinner with him! Rafa is indeed jealous. Marco gloats: "No way you'll get the money to pay off your debt unless you rob a bank." Rafa roughs him up a tiny bit.

    After being goaded by Marco, Rafa gets a call from his mother about the loan from Vicki's dad. He tells her to accept the money.

  • Zetina shows up yet again looking for work. This time it occurs to Rafa to hire Zetina to follow Marco around - particularly to the bar where he meets his shady companions, the fat guy and the fat woman - and find out what's going on!

  • Susana and Ale gossip about Ale's jealousy. Chavez and Marco gossip about Ale: "She called me her guardian angel! She despises that imbecile, and he'll never be able to pay her off!"

  • Rafa rushes out of town on business and tells Susana to cancel his dinner meeting with Marian. To make an unnecessarily long story short, Ale takes Marian Celeste's phonecall and the sniping begins. Ale insists she is just as able as Rafa to talk trucks with Marian, and she is not too fastidious to eat at the home-cookin' restaurant ("Meat Palace") Marian has selected.

    Ale puts on her war paint and dresses for battle. The two lovely ladies decide to drink each other under the table while having a conversation which is supposedly about Marian's buyer's remorse (she thinks the new trucks may not be tough enough for the rainy mountainous terrain) but is actually about Rafa's heart and Ale's jealousy.

  • At the eleventh hour Rafa loans Jimenez 3500 pesos to get out from under a financial fiddle - Jimenez had pocketed the extra money a customer had paid for some special work in the shop, and the shop would not release the car to the customer until the bill was paid.

  • Things deteriorate, predictably, at the Meat Palace - more tequilas slide down the hatch and the girls trade accusations: "You keep trumping up these excuses to meet with Rafa!" "You keep showing up with your inappropriate jealousy!" "You say you're doing business, but you really want him to satisfy your - other necessities!" "The ones you didn't satisfy, girl."

    They agree they can't stand each other and toast to honesty. Susana calls Ale and is shocked (along with Rafa) to realize she is three sheets to the wind! Ale: "Gotta hang up, it's time for the second round."


Tomorrow: Rafa shows up at the Meat Palace and it looks like a kiss may be in store. I sure hope so!

Labels:


Comments:
Ay, Melinama, You always amaze me. You get everything, you distill it with economy and wit, and somehow you manage it all under the most adverse conditions. Incredible.

And what a beautiful picture! Your daughter is radiant. May she always be as happy as she looks (and is, I'm sure) at that moment.
 

Melinama. you are the best!! I will admit the picture threw me for a while and I thought I had the wrong novela, till I started reading. Hope your son got home okay. Needless to say,despite the phone interuptions you managed to ddeliver another great recap.

We all knew sooner or later "what's his name" was going to be our spy. Hope he is up to the challage.

Ale and Marian were pretty entertaining. They both knew what the other was up to. I am really anxious for tomorow.
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. Great picture of the happy couple. I have to imagine you are beaming as much as they are. I see you had a few more great pics over on Pratie Place. Congratulations and good job! Sounds like you last week went off without a hitch.. and your son -- without glasses. :)

Things picking up a little. Not sure who would win the tequila battle. Marian would seem more experienced, but Ale really packed it in earlier when her and Rafa were at that wedding.

Everyone else really called it the other day. Santana.. er.. Zetina as Bond, Santana Bond, 000 (double oh, oh). Be interesting if Marco runs into him again and whether he recognizes him.

Avance look close to a kiss, but somehow Marco shows up there and probably stops it.

Que? Was there no VVV tonight?? :)
 

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding, Melinama! They look like a great couple. Thanks for taking the time to recap even though you have so much on your plate.

So Zetina is coming in handy after all. Maybe he'll prove to be a decent spy since he's already practically invisible.

Ale and Marian's drinking war might not be the best way to solve the rivalry between them but at least it's entertaining. Let's hope Rafa finds them conscious when he gets to the restaurant.
 

Thanks for the great recap Melinama! Your daughter looks beautiful, congratulations on the marriage!

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but it sounds like fun. I think I'm really going to enjoy the Ale/Marian drinking scenes. And yay for Sardina, er Zetina, joining the posse!

I think it's time to crawl into bed and catch up on this show. I haven't seen last night's yet either!
 

lol Jeff! Santana Bond, 000. Love it!
 

Melinama, just visited your site. Wonderful pictures of the wedding.
 

Tracie, sure I called him double, oh, oh, but I bet he'll do a great job. Heck, Marco will probably bump into him a few more times and still not recognize him. :)
 

Congratulations Melinama! Your daughter looks beautiful, and is glowing with happiness. I'm sure you were too. :)

And with all that you managed to knock out a great recap. The only thing I would add was Rafa bringing in Marian's driver to prove to Ale that he went straight home and did not "sleep" at Marian's place. He was pretty firm with her too. Go Rafa!

Looking forward to Round 2 of the drinking duel. :)
 

I was right! The drinking contest was great. I thought Marian would win but it seems Ale came through by a nose. I don't think Rosario is going to like it when she sees Ale this way... Hopefully Rafa can get something started soon...
 

Thanks, Melinama. for the fun and helpful recap. And congratulations to you and the happy couple.

Yay, some things were advanced: poor Zetina finally has a job and Rafa has started his investigation into Marco's questionable doings and Jimenez was able to have the car ready before it was to be picked up.

Flores....funny line, "Zetina maybe prove to be a decent spy since he's already practically invisible." Yes, he may have found his calling.

Yay, in the previews, it looks like lips touch for an instant between Ale and Rafa before Marco bursts in. I wonder how he knows to come to the Meat Palace. Anyway, tomorrow should be fun.

GinCA
 

Congrats on the wedding. Very good recap. I enjoyed the meat palace scene. Can't wait till tonight to see the forecasted kiss. As for "forgettable", hopefully he will see his true vocation.
 

I actually dreamed about Zetina last night - I dreamed he was the lawyer Ale never remembered to hire to look into the hacienda's embargoed state. Is that pathetic or what?
 

What a beautiful couple! I, too, was a bit confused when the picture came up. Oddly enough, my first thought was it was the recent royal wedding in Sweden (!) - but then, there were no crowns. Thanks for taking the time to do a great recap.

Loved the Meat Palace, although as a vegetarian I wouldn't be going there any time soon.

Mil in NC
 

Melinama, congratulations to you and the happy couple. Your daughter looks lovely.

Great title! Enjoyed the recap too. I just caught the Ale Marian drinkfest. For a minute, I thought Ale was holding her own (she appeared to be refilling Marian's glass quite a bit). Thanks for filling in the conversation, most of which I couldn't follow. Their actual words seemed nastier than the way they delivered them.

Diana
 

Melinama,

You're a wonder. Congratulations to the newlyweds. Your daughter looks radiant and the groom reminds me of a Dr. friend. They make a very attractive couple.

I loved it when the posse was discussing Zetina and no one could remember his name and Jimenez said,

"Well, we all know who we're talking about."

When I started watching this show, I found Zucchini annoying and wondered why he was there. Turns out... he's perfect for this undercover work.

Bring Rubi home.

Carlos
 

CONGRATS!! Beautiful couple, I wish them many, many years of complete happiness!

You are one busy lady and still manage to keep us fed with entertaining recaps. Thanks So Much!

It does look like Rafa and Ale do kiss for a moment, but as drunk as she is, she may not remember it, lol, and since Rafa is with Ale, then Marian should get the message.

Zetina, I think will make a good spy, everyone thinks that he is good for nothing and can't remember his name, but he will probably come through for Rafa in the end. I hope so anyway. ITA that Marco will see him several more times and not pay any more attention to him than he already has.

The way Rafa spoke to Ale when Marian's driver was there gave me chills, I wish that he was like that more often, she couldn't get a word in at all and some times, it should really be that way, he put her in her place. I was proud of him.
 

Congratulations, Melinama, what a beautiful picture of a beautiful wedding! I also liked the pictures on your website. As my daughter got married last year, I know the wonderful feelings a parent has in such a joyous occasion.

I also enjoyed your recap, as you summarized everything perfectly.

Kat, I agree that Rafa scores some points when he stands up to Ale. He's a nice guy, but he's no pushover (like Jaime, Jimenez and sometimes Ramirez).
 

But you know what, I wanted to snatch Rafa's hair out when he said that he did want the loan from Gaston! I mean I know he wants to clear his mom and be able to tell Ale what is going on, but let's face it folks, it ain't happening anytime soon! It is just going to link him back to a VERY annoying VickyVickyVicky!
I love it, by the way, when Ale says it her way with the high pitched voice and sarcasm.
 

Kat- I think Rafa is going to accept Don Gatson's loan so that he can pay Ale tomorrow. But he is still pursuing the bank loan I think so that he can pay Don G immediately and get rid of that burden/obligation (VVV) as soon as possible.
 

Well, that wouldn't be so bad then.
I wonder how much longer they are going to drag out VVV's fake illness.

I am glad we will get more Ale and Marian time tonight, and Ale/Rafa time, though it will probably be bief.
 

Melinama -- Congratulations to the newlyweds. What a lovely picture.

It sounds as though Marco & Chavez think that they can still prosecute Doña Leonora for the crime of fraud even if the loan is paid off. So Rafa may not be able to rat out Marco even after he pays in full. Yes, Rafa looked fully in control when he called in the chofer. Too bad he can't get in that mode more often.

He was really sweet when he asked Zetina how much money he needed -- not for the job but to live on.
 

Hey, you all know that song "Tequila makes her clothes fall off"?
GOOD THING that it doesn't effect our ladies like that, lol.
 

Caray queridos, I'm afraid I won't be able to recap on Friday. I'm going out of town early tomorrow morning and probably won't be back until late Sunday. Sorry to have to back out on such short notice. Could somebody fill in or make a post for comments on Friday? Muchas gracias!
 

Thanks for the recap. It covered everything nicely. Congratulations to your daughter and her new husband.
They make a beautiful couple. Hope your son was able to replace his glasses. I enjoyed the drinkfest between Marion and Ali. Look forward to more of it tonight.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder