Wednesday, June 16, 2010

El Clon, Wed,. June 16 - Summary and discussion

Nati comes home stoned but Rosa doesn't catch on.

Gloria wants nothing to do with Nati even though she saved Alej. She is horrified to learn that they are moving in together - Pues con tu pan te lo comerás, literally, 'then you will eat it with your bread' and probably means something similar to, 'you've made your bed, now lie in it.'

Clara suspects that Fernando is doing drugs.

Cristina has a new look for her job interview.

Cristina meets Malicia. Malicia instantly wants to get rid of Cristina and spins a tale of her hard life.

Nati almost has an encounter with Daniel in TOPIM (the only park in Miami).

Daniel goes to see Cristina but she isn't in the bar.

Zoraida's reaction when Said tells Jade to invite Jamila to the dinner with Ferrer's. Jade tells Zoraida that she will figure something out.

Amina is leaving Miami. She tells Rania that she has to give Said a son to make him forget Jade.

Abdul finds Zamira and Jadiya watching a novela and throws a fit cursing the West. He demands that Latifa get rid of the television and then he says that he will get Mohamed a second wife who is religious.

Daniel tells Albieri that he is fascinated with veils. Albieri offers to take him to Morocco and asks him not to seek out Cristina before the trip.

Nati assures Alej that she wants to live with him in poverty. Alej has gotten a job at Said's bar, too.

Lucia figures out that Marisa was wearing the necklace right before it was found in Alej's car. Marisa dismisses her suspicions.

Nati tells Rosa that no one in her house cares about what she thinks or feels. Marisa overhears Nati say how much she hates her mother. Why that would be a surprise after all the nasty stuff that Marisa has done, I don't know but Marisa appears to be upset by this revelation.

Jadiya asks Said to send Rania back. She believes that Rania caused things to change between Jade and Said. Said tells her that he and Jade are divorced. Jadiya says that when Jade leaves, she wants to go with her.

Said comes to see Rania and asks her to dance for him. All Said can think about is Jade and why he can't get her out of his heart. He leaves the room without saying a word.

Pablo tells Alej that he has to concentrate on working and training hard because he is going to fight in a month.

Mohamed has made an appointment for Zamira at the doctor.

The incredibly tiresome Hilda and Karla have a plan to snare Roberto by 'casually' running into him at expensive restaurants.

When Albieri comes home, Luisa asks if has been seeing another woman. Albieri asks if she has lost her mind, ¿Tú crees que a estas alturas de mi vida yo soy a estar in esas? Do you think that at this stage of my life, I would do that? [Note that he doesn't say that he loves Luisa and doesn't want to hurt her.] Luisa demands to know where he goes all day and all night if it's not a woman.

When argument won't change his determination to find out why Zamira hasn't gotten her period, Latifa pretends to faint.

The credits roll - let discussion begin.

Labels:


Comments:
Jean, thank you for the great summary and the photo.

Said doesn't understanding that twisting the knife in Jade is going to make to love him - what a putz.

Jade needs to call Christina to play the part of Jamila. Wouldn't that be some dinner party, lovers, ex-lovers, wife and soon to be ex-wives. I might even want to be invited to see the daggers fly.

Rosemary
 

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that wonderful post and for all the hard work you do for us on the Caray, Caray! forum!!!
 

Great summary! Thanks!
 

Many thanks, Jean, for the great summary and the helpful Spanish. I was out last night and didn't get to see this episode, but your summary (including the photos) helps me envision in clearly. If I have time later today, I may try to look at the recording I made, but it's almost hopeless, since I'll be out again tonight and tomorrow night. Perhaps I'll do a marathon watching over the weekend.

My heart goes out to Latifa. She tries so hard to be an understanding, dutiful wife and mother, but she encounters obstacles at every turn. Tio Abdul has made it onto my mierda list, where he can keep Malicia and Marisa company.
 

Nicely done, Jean! And the pictures, as usual, are terrific.

I have to confess I was suckered in by that Close But No Cigar Encounter between Daniel and Natalia. Ah well...

I see interesting dramatic possibilities in the Said/Rogelio undertaking, especially now that Alejandro has been added to the mix. I do look forward to Cristina's unmasking of Malicia. That's one character I'd like to see in the alligator tank sooner rather than later.

Hey, Rosemary, Cristina playing the part of Jamile? Brilliant, as long as she says nothing and holds on to that burka for deal life!

Juanita, even though Abdul is always causing mischief for characters I care about, he is at least consistent and acting out of his beliefs. Someone like the Naz -- well there's someone who twists her beliefs and behavior as it suits her and doesn't care who she hurts in the process. Ok she gets points for funny, but still... :)
 

Thanks, everyone.
I hope that Abdul has finally left town. In fact, I was hoping that he would keel over dead from fury when he caught Zamira and Jadiya watching TV.

I can just see Cristina showing up for the dinner party in a burga! I think she's taller than Lucas, though!

Even though Latifa is a whiner, I do feel sorry for her. She is the opposite of Jade. She always tries to do the right thing and it never seems to work. The writers made her job harder by making her family the only Muslims in the neighborhood when I would imagine that there are neighborhoods in Miami with concentrations of Muslims and schools for their children.
 

The only reason I thought Christina should go to the dinner party as Jamila was that she is the only one that Jade knows well enough to ask (as far as we know). Christina also the only one in Miami that has been supportive of the Lucas/Jade relationship.

Also, I do like Christina's new look. It didn't take her long to get over Leo and I think she is ready for a little revenge.

Jean, I am with you about Abdul. I never liked the little caftan, fez wearing hypocrite.

Rosemary
 

Looks like we can add another enterprise to the TO?IM Conglomerate. Said's bar, TOEIM, The Only Employer in Miami.
 

Cristina's new-do es muy fabuloso. Hopefully, it'll allow her to get over Leo; only then will he want to get back with her... men!

Karla's mom's line (loosely translated) 'the sun definitely did some number on the neurons in your brain' was amusing.

Do you think Marisa woke up a bit after overhearing Nati's lamentations?
 

My first thought also was that Cristina should act as Jamila.

aaargh... that Malicia is insufferable. Hope Cristina sees through her muy pronto!
 

Love your summary, Jean.

I don't know who is a worse witch Alicia or Marisa. They're both insufferable.

I still don't know what Jade sees in Lucas.

Do you think Daniel and Nati will ever meet??? I wonder how that will go.

Ann-NYC
 

ADM!!! I was at the edge of my seat last night, when I thought Daniel and Nati were gonna face off. I guess that was too much to ask for this soon.
 

A super summary, pictures, interesting comments. Thanks for what turned out to be a recap. I'm so far behind but this summary has me determined to catch up and keep up. Thanks sooooooooooooo much. Lois
 

Thanks so much, Jean, for the well-done summary.

I'm late to the party because I had a big work project to do today.

I also was suckered in by the near meeting of Nati and Danny. I thought Albieri's jig was up!

Totally surprised by a hint of remorse shown by Marisa, the broccoli band queen.

More tiresome overacting by Gloria. Alej shouldn't put up with that from her. He's a grown man. She owes him the respect to at least meet the woman (girl, really) he loves and reserve judgment until she's done so.

So true that our time is being wasted on Karla and her insufferable mom. I assume it's meant at some point to tie into Lucia's jealousy about Robert.

That was mean of Said to walk out when Rania was dancing. He asked her to do it and then completely insults her.

Luisa needs to get the female version of cojones. A group of woman friends and I got in the habit of calling a demonstration of courage "getting our ovaries up". I can't believe she continues to stand for Albieri's constant absences with no explanation. It drives me nuts!
 

Great recap Jean. Picture showing Zoraide's reaction was too funny!! Albieri with the veil over his face...Ewwwwww... He's somewhat creepy to me...but at least he's toned down some of the unrealistic facial expressions. There just doesn't seem to be any lovable qualities about him which makes it difficult to understand his and Luisa's relationship. Christina's new look...fabo!! Love that you posted a picture. Thank you! Linda
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder