Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dinero #157 July 20, 2010 Pepeto fails and will Dandy be Carmela's next meal? Plus a schemes all over the place

Sorry for the delay in posting this recap. I almost forgot that it was my turn tonight. Some things may be out of order and maybe even incomplete as I had to recap without the aid of any notes. A special shout out to everyone out there who agreed with me that Pepeto didn't have it. (Sorry Rafa).

So from the last scene of the last episode we have Ale demanding that Rafa tell her what he knows.
Arcadia and Beltran are talking in Beltran's office and they both can't believe what their top executives have done. Arcadia begins to wonder if they acted hastily. Just then Marino enters to find out what has happened. Obviously he is kicked out unceremoniously.

Rafa starts to tell Ale about Marco but then changes the subject. He and Ale have just been fired and that is the only thing that matters now. They go back and forth arguing who should stay in Siglo. Then Ale breaks it up by saying that either they both go or they both stay. Rafa agrees and proposes something to Ale. But nobody knows what it is for now.

In another scene Marino tells Claudia that Medina and Ale are out. Marino starts acting like the new boss. Claudia thinks to herself that she has created a monster.
Rafa and Ale go to Beltran's office (to put into action Rafa's plan, I would assume) and they convince Beltran of leaving them with a job until the end of the month.
Outside of Beltran's office they celebrate their small triumph. Pepeto comes in and Ale leaves them to their "erotic talk".

Meanwhile Dandy and Susana are talking and we hear Susana say that she doesn't want to talk. They can talk tomorrow. Now how many times have we heard that one? Then Ale comes in and tells Susana to meet in the office. Rafa calls Dandy and they each go on their merry way.

In Ale's office Susana and Ale are discussing that there is a leak inside Siglo. (Ale is no slouch at detective is she?)
Rafa on the other hand is a little further ahead. He already knows that the leak is Claudia and that the information was provided by Marco. Plus Beltran put Rafa in a tough spot. "What do you mean?'' " I'll tellyou later."

The conversation turns to Pepeto. Was he able to seduce Carmela? Sorry to disappoint you but it seems like Pepeto is down and out. It seems that Carmela realized that all those items were nothing more than a fraud and she threw Pepeto out. They didn't even have time to have "cositas."

Dandy jumps in and argues for another strategy. Rafa cuts him off and insists there is no other way. Jimenez picks up the arguement and says that two have already tried (Jaime and Pepeto) and since they have failed then all the possibilities are gone. Rafa says that he still has one possibility left and he looks at: Dandy! Dandy isn't too happy or willing.

Back in Ale's office we see Ale and Susana talking. Ale tells her that she needs to get Dandy to talk. All this in between meditation.
Back to Rafa. Dandy still needs some convincing. The other three amigos are giving him lots of encouragement. Then he swears that he won't tell Susana anything and agrees to be the next meal for Carmela.

It's time to check in on Marco and Ale's family. Marco is telling Rosario and Jorge about all the damage that Chavez has done to the Hacienda. But hey don't worry "I am in charge of the Hacienda now." (Yeah from a rat to a fox- big difference). Just then Ale arrives from Siglo. Ale asks about Quintana and Rosario tells her that he's out in Monterrey visiting his sisters.

Speak of the devil... We find Quintana in the bar with his friend discussing his wedding with Rosario. Quintana's friend semi-insults Rosario and Quintana jumps on him. Maybe Quintana will redeem himself in the end after all? Scenes like this give me hope. Anyway, Quintana keeps scheming. He wants control of the Hacienda as well. Quintana soesn't seem to think that Marco is such a big threat. Anyway, he has dirt on him so he can't openly oppose him. Remind me again where Chavez is? Wasn't he Marco's "right hand?"

Back to Marco's apartment Ale is catching up with the conversation of the Hacienda and the damage that Chavez made. In talking Marco also mentions that ghost that has been around the Hacienda. The Alvarez del Castillo are all impactados.
Jorge goes on to shake up his memory bank and more or less remembers a decapitated person appearing around the Hacienda. But since then until now there had been no mention of this ghost. It COULD be him though.

Marco says that he will handle everything including the ghost.
Ale tells everyone that now she definitely leaves Siglo at the end of the month. Now how many times have we heard that one? That affirmation actually makes me think that Ale is not going to leave Siglo at all. Marco is all happy about Ale's decision and he goes to hold her hand. She then tells him that she will be free to help him at the Hacienda. Well Marco wasn't esxpecting that. So much so that he half drops he half throws Ale's hand on the table.

Marco continues with his grand act and repeats that the Hacienda isn't going to get out of its debts to easily. He suggests that they consider all options. That, of course, includes selling the Hacienda. Nobody is happy about that possibility.
We are now at Rafa's house and we find Jaime helping himself to a drink. Just as he's about to indulge in his drink, Rafa arrives. Rafa puts Jaime on notice about what is happening. Jaime tells Rafa that Dandy should probably go into the archives next to Carmela's office. (Yes the archives where "I almost got raped").

As Marco basically lays out his plan for the Hacienda the Alvarez del Castillo family reminds him that they are honest people and that they can't sell the Hacienda while it is under debt... reminds me of another fraud... oh yes Rafa's house!

Random scene of the night: Jimenez' home. He arrives home to his wife and her mother. He would like to rest his feet and have his wife give him a massage. Too much to ask? Considering the circumstances no. But its Jimenez' wife who demands the massage. She goes to the bedroom to wait for her massage. Her mother leaves and Jimenez wishes that she have a good rest... rest in peace that is. Jimenez rallies himself around the achievements of Rafa and looks pumped... until he drops his shoe on his foot.

Rafa and Jaime are wrapping up their talk and conclude that Dandy must gain access to that archive room by any means possible. BUT time is running out.
Ale doesn't like the proposition to sell the Hacienda. Marco tells them that he isn't the one responsible for the damage of the Hacienda. (Sure we'll go with that and jails are full of people who say they didn't do it.) Jorge reitirates his intention to give the Hacienda to Ale and Marco. In the end it will be their decision.

Marco wants to find prospective clients for the Hacienda but Ale tells him that he can do whatever he wants but she isn't behind him on that point. They bid goodnight and Marco is lining up for a kiss on the mouth. Is that disgust on Ale's face, whatever it is she kisses him on the cheek and leaves.


Our final scene has Marco thinking out loud that he needs to get a fictitious buyer for the Hacienda and have it bought in his name. That way when Ale regrets marrying him it will be too late....

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks so much Private 057. Even without notes, you got everything. I thought it was what Pepeto had, or didn't have, under the covers (if you know what I mean) that had Carmela yelling fraud, and not his erotic products... But maybe my mind just went to a dirty place. ;-)
 

I've tagged this for you.
 

Thanks Vivi for tagging this. Guess with so much going on and me trying to post it with asap I forgot.
 

Thanks for the recap Private 057!

Dandy seems to be Rafa's only hope, I really hope Susana never finds out and stale any chances of her sympathizing with the 'Rafa Struggle'.

I was very surprised to see Rafa and Ale stick around, I almost expected them to go to Marian just as everyone else commented last night. That resolves the whole used trucks debacle (maybe).

I really hope Rafa can deface Marino before month's end, that will completely crush his smug attitude. I can't see Marino sliming his way out of this one.

Has the Queen made any significant decisions of late that affects the plot? I'm kind of starting to question her role in this novela.
 

What a great recap Private 057 and really up so fast! If you did this from memory, I am twice as impressed. You are a natural.

The scene where Rafa was cheerleading Pepeto and Ale overhears it-- oh no! I wanted to put earplugs in Ale's ears. Though upset, Ale actually handled it better than I thought she might. Later when she and Rafa hugged, I went Yes! Yes!

There was a glimmer at one point that Quintana might be redeemed, but I saw nothing of that tonight. I will go ahead and state my prediction that Quintana will stay on the dark side.

Vivi, I agree. Pepeto was unable to "deliver the goods" to Carmela. He's telling his amigos one thing while he's remembering what really happened.
We'll see what happens with Dandy. He can't betray his Susanita. Maybe he can just ask Carmela the truth....probably not since she did sell official favors for money and sex (oops no, so far only the promise of money and sex).
 

Good morning Private. Never a problem to have events out of sequence. I often condense scenes rather than jump around from scene to scene as they do in these episodes.

Poor Pepeto. It reminded me of a card my mother got for my Dad when he finally retired from work at age 75. Two old folks in bed. The woman (who looked a bit like Ramiro's mother-in-law) was looking under the blanket in outrage, sayin "Is that ALL you saved for retirement!?"

So Vivi. Don't feel bad about where you mind went. My mama was way ahead of you.

I loved how Pepeto covered up though (no pun intended) and said things came to a halt well before he could have had congress...'cause once that happens, women are in the palm of his hand. Oh yeah.

Great job, Private. You're golden.
 

Delay? That was a very fast recap. You're terrific--and without notes?!?

It's good that Rafa & Ale get to stay -- but Rafa is really stuck if he doesn't move those trucks by the end of the month. No wonder the queen was so pleased with Beltran. He cut a deal that means that Siglo can't lose but Rafa could lose big if he doesn't perform.

I had hopes for Pepeto & Carmela but, alas, it was not to be.
 

Forgot to say...loved the "next meal" quip. And you could have used "how many times have we heard that" as your alternate title. Like the way you wove that throughout the recap.
 

Thanks for all your comments.
@Eric: I'm actually hoping Rafa never leaves Siglo in the first place. That would really rile Marino up!

@Barbara: Yes Dandy can't betray Susana. But what happens if she catches wind of it and THINKS that he did?

@JudyB: Usually I like to be a little more detailed, just in case something becomes important later on in the plot. And yes poor Pepeto...

@Güera: Beltran might think he got the best out of Rafa but if Rafa leaves Siglo is going to go down the drain. Guess who's the biggest loser then?

Signing off... Private 057
 

Thanks for the recap. That Marino is not a very nice person!! Zero redemption value. I don't see much redemption for quintana either.

I chuckle every time Ale gets mad when Rafa rallies his troops, because she does the same thing with Susana.

It really is getting pretty interesting again. I am worried about Dandy now. And I sure hope they can get rid of those trucks!
 

Does anyone else wonder if Dandy has a thyroid problem? Everytime he rolls those eyes, I'm afraid they're going to fall out! Dr. Judy is concerned. He does great facial expressions though, and all his physical comedy is good.

@Private 057....like your "@'s".
 

Thanks for the great recap! Was anybody else mad at Rafa last night for asking Dandy to try to get the info from Carmela? That bugged me - Dandy has a girlfriend! I want Rafa and Ale to get back together, but I'm worried that Dandy will lose Susana because of this.

I watched Monday night's episode too - the Pepeto/Carmela seduction scene was so funny!
 

Tracie, I was upset with Rafa last night too. We know this can't end well for Dandy. He is already on shakey ground just for hanging out with Rafa Inc.
 

Private, you did a great job!

The way that Pepeto was remembering looked like they did have cositas, but it wasn't up to Carmela's standards and she was dissapointed and pissed off.

In Rafa's defence, he did say that he is not asking Dandy to sleep with Carmela, BUT, things can get bent out of shape and Susana could get the wrong idea. SSShhheeessshhh, what a tangled web we weave.

I didn't understand why Claudia was so surprised at Marino's acting like the boss, I mean we have been here before! Arcadia will never make Marino an Executive, I don't think that she likes him at all.
 

Private 057, very nice job. I'm impressed.

I'm not impressed, however, with Pepeto. What a letdown. I truly thought that he had the goods and the delivery system. Now I predict that Nelson will be even less successful and Jimenez will be pressed into service. I think ultimately that Rafa will have to face up to Carmela himself.

I loved doña Arcadia's disdainful brushoff of Marino. He is clearly not a favorite of hers.

Judy, it's my guess that Nelson's thyroid is fine. I think that his eyes, though prominent are not exophthalmic. Wouldn't hurt to check his TSH, however.

Carlos
 

Thanks for the great recap Private 057. Yes finally some things are happening and it is about time.

I agree Tracie and Pata. I was very upset with Rafa last night getting Dandy involved. We all know how Carmela is. I too am afraid he will lose Susanna over this. The two of them have been happy for too long I guess so the writers have to bust them up for a while. They are really my favorite couple in this show.

I don't ever see Marino being an executive. I don't think when the month is up that either Rafa or Ali will leave.
 

Excellent recap, Private 057! I especially liked all your comments (haven't we seen this before, etc.). Great job.

It may be too late, but really Rafa should have sent two people to Carmela's office. One to get her attention (such as Pepeto), and the other to find the file on the hacienda and make a copy. It won't be easy for Dandy to make a copy. But instead of charming Carmela, maybe he could charm the secretaries when Carmela isn't in the office. Rafa was always good at charming secretaries (and everyone else), so I agree, in the end, he may have to do the job himself. After all, Carmela doesn't know who he is, right?

It's hard to decide who's worse, Quintana or Marco. Fortunately for us, they're enemies (although they are sort of forced partners at this point). So eventually, one of them will turn in the other. As smug as Quintana is, I bet Marco will actually get the better of him, and he (Quintana) will be exposed first. Marco probably will keep getting away with everything (or just about everything) until near the end. But what about Chavez? I think he's on his way back, and may be bringing Rubi. Let's hope!
 

Hey everybody, things have gotten a little busy at work but I just thought I'd stop by one last time today. Great comments from everyone!
@Pata: Yes the only character that I don't see redemption in is Marino.
@JudyB: I'm glad you like my "@'s" and feel free to use them in your posts. (I myself got the idea and permission from someone else). I don't think Dandy has a thyroid problem.
@Kat: The number one reason I didn't think Pepeto was up to it with Carmela was because I think that he and Rosaura might make a good couple. I mean they would make a nce contrast to each other rich and refined vs. poor and rough. I thought Carmela would mess that up. I still think they would make a good couple.
@Carlos: Yep Pepeto failed. But I don't think Dandy will be unsuccesful because of Carmela, rather because of Susana. Jimenez and Carmela? That would be interesting...
@Lynda: Marino cannot be executive. But I think that Rafa and Ale might actually leave Siglo for a little bit to gather themselves and then Beltran will realize that the money, money, money is missing and rehire them.
@Tracie and Pata: Yeah its frustrating that Rafa is trying to get Dandy to do this kind of job, but I totally understand it and I don't blame him for trying.
@Hombre: If Rubi comes back... well Marco is really going to be divided. Right now he thinks of the Hacienda as completely his. But Quintana wants some cut of the action. Let's not forget that Marco stabbed Chavez in the back too. So Chavez might actually want revenge when he finds out. And Rubi? Well Rubi's silence will cost too.
Signing off... Private 057
 

In case you check back in, Private, thanks for the recap! You recappers are so impressive with your quick recaps with no notes. Wow.

I was one of the ones who had high hopes, so to speak, for Pepeto. I hate to think of Dandy getting involved - this means trouble for his relationship with Susanna, I'm sure. I also can't believe that Beltran will let Rafa leave - he's too good of a salesman. Still, what is a telenovela without contrived plot lines?

Mil in NC
 

Thank you Private 057, great recap!

ITA no redemption for Marino. The other day someone mentioned not wanting the fall as badly for Marco as for Marino. I think that is because Marco is a funny villain - his facial expressions are great. However, Marino has nothing humorous or likable about him at all.

Looks like the villains are being set up against each other, which should lead to their downfalls.

It was sweet that there was at least a little friendliness between Ale and Rafa. I hope, too, that Ale sees there is something odd about Marco's reactions with regard to the Hacienda.

Maybe Dandy and Susana have to be separated because if they started talking about what they know the story would end too soon? How much longer do we have to go?
 

Private057, excellent recap. Thank you.

I'm so disappointed with Pepeto. I thought he was the best looker on the show and now his image is distorted.

I think Rafa is asking too much from Dandy.

One thing that have always bothered me in the Rosario-Quintana story was that that they were always playing this nice romantic tune in the background - not some chilling basos like they do in the TNs when someone is evil or conniving. So maybe there will be a happy ending to Rosario's story. But first she has to learn not to trust blindly a man, like she does both, Marco and Quintana.
 

Something we never talk about is the ghost at the hacienda. What do we think that is all about??
 

I'm starting to think that the ghost is Quintana's doing (I think they hinted this recently? Not sure). Maybe he was using it to scare Chavez? It's kind of confusing at the moment, I think.
 

The ghost is a mystery that will be solved in its own time.

(Is that cryptic enough?)
 

"Crypt"ic? LOL. Last night I didn't catch all that Jorge said about a body without a head, but I think he was talking about a real body, back in the 40's or 50's, 1946 or 1958, he couldn't remember. My closed captions didn't work at all last night so I missed a fair amount of detail.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder