Saturday, August 28, 2010

INSOMNIACS CLUB: 'LA VERDAD OCULTA' premiers TUE 8/31, midnight EST (Univision)



See Comments sections for individual episode links on You Tube

Univision had been holding this Eduardo Yáñez telenovela, which was produced before Destilando Amor; and now they've slated to broadcast it at midnight.

It was his return to Mexican telenovelas after working in the US, and he won best actor for this role. All I ever heard as to why they were holding it was that it was rumored to be too hot for prime time.

If anyone has pictures or anything they would like to post, please do; or email me at jeri@tormenta.com. Recaps were not expected for the late hour, but a discussion can be posted every day if there is a good response.

From esmas.com via wiki

Original airing Mexico
February 27, 2006- August 11, 2006

La Verdad Oculta (The Hidden Truth) is a Mexican telenovela remake of 1986 El Camino Secreto (The Secret Path) that premiered on February 27, 2006, ending on August 11, 2006. The protagonists are Galilea Montijo and Gabriel Soto, and the telenovela is under the production of Emilio Larrosa.

(El Camino Secreto starred Daniela Romo & Salvador Pineda)

Cast

* Galilea Montijo as Gabriela Guillen
* Gabriel Soto as David Genovez Ordoñez
* Alejandra Barros as Alejandra Balmori Genovez
* Eduardo Yáñez as Juan Jose Victoria Ocampo
* Maria Sorte as Yolanda
* Julio Alemán as Adolfo
* Hector Ortega as Mario/Fausto (Santiago)
* Irma Lozano as Dora
* Eric del Castillo as Gregorio
* Laisha Wilkins as Susana
* Karla Álvarez as Patty
* Silvia Ramirez as Elsa
* Salvador Sánchez as Dante
* Lalo "El Mimo" as Asunción
* Marco Méndez as Carlos
* Margarita Magaña as Bertha Balmori Genovez
* Harry Geithner as Leonardo
* Claudia Troyo as Julieta
* Cecilia Tijerina as Lucha
* Fabian Robles as Roberto
* Bibelot Mansur as Mina
* Bobby Larios as Marcos

Synopsis

This is an exciting story of love, intrigue and secrets that focuses around two couples. The first couple is David Genovés and Gabriela Guillén. Gabriela is an intelligent, modest (and beautiful) girl that works as a waitress in the restaurant that David administers which belongs to his father, Mario Genovés.

The second couple is Juan Jose, who spent 11 years in prison for a crime that he didn't commit, and Alejandra, a young architect whose social class is well above that of Juan Jose, however, she falls in love with him at first sight and will fight to gain his heart.

When Gabriela and her sister Julieta start working at the restaurant, David feels immediately attracted to Gabriela, however, his partner Carlos is also impressed by her beauty. A great rivalry arises between them to conquer her heart.

Although Gabriela is in love with David, multiple conflicts arise and she doubts her true feelings, more so when Leonardo appears in her life. Leonardo is a commander of the police who becomes her protector, but who has to hide the love that feels for her.

Gabriela spends considerable time and anguish (this is a novela, after all) before she accepting that in fact she loves David, who is sincere. Nevertheless, her relation will be difficult and conflicting due to the intrigue of Carlos and the jealousy of David.

Gabriela doesn't know that her father, Faustus and Mario Genovés knew each other many years ago and share a terrible and painful secret. Now, the re-encounter of these two men coincides with a great tragedy: Mario finds out that he has an inoperable tumor and has just a short time left to live.

In order to protect the inheritance of his son, knowing that his partner Adolfo is an individual without scruples that would seize his fortune, Mario convinces Faustus to disguise himself and to take his place until the term of his business contract with Adolfo finishes.

For this purpose, he constructs a secret tunnel to allow access between his mansion and the house directly behind it. There, Faustus will have his workshop of make-up products to be able to supplant Mario. And Alejandra and Juan Jose?

They will share the secret of her uncle Mario and she will be in charge of the construction of the tunnel, and Juan Jose will see himself suddenly inheriting a fabulous fortune that will allow him not only to fight for the love of Alejandra, but to be united to Mario and Faustus in their audacious plan, since he also has a score to settle with the evildoer Adolfo.

Additionally, the Commander Leonardo Faidella will have an important role when investigating and discovering the illicit businesses of Adolfo. The confrontation that they will have with him will be a fundamental piece in the final outcome of this exciting and romantic history.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Thanks for posting the synopsis Jeri. LOL EY's characters name is Juan. That will be easy to remember. I'm looking forward to this starting.
 

I noticed that, too. I'm so glad his name was Rodrigo in Destilando Amor.
 

I liked this novela!

It's so odd Univision decided to pass it for the too hot scenes. They edit out part of the action when they consider it too much, they could have done the same with this one.

The first version "El Camino Secreto" had also quite strong love scenes for 1986. Lucía Mendez and Salvador Pineda in a jacuzzi was scandalizing back then.

I can't remember Laisha Wilkins and Karla Àlvarez appearing here. It's been a while so that may factor but I think I would remember them.

Jarocha
 

YAY Thanks, Jeri. Let the games begin.
 

Jeri, I'll set this one to be recorded and I'll see how it goes. I think posting for discussion is a good idea.
 

I just watched the first episode from a download, and it looks freakin' great!

Gawd, Aribeth was right: EY is at the perfect age in this role; he looks wonderful. I am going to enjoy watching him.
 

I'm a card carrying member of the Procrastinators Club and now I'm a proud member of the Insomniacs Club. Yay, E Y at his prime!

GinCA
 

Jeri: I also think EY was at his best in this novela. I usually don't like him, he is too bulky for me, but he looked great here and this is a great character.

Jarocha
 

Wow. Thanks Jeri! This sounds good. I'm looking forward to this TN too.

Jarocha, hard to imagine our "Arcadio" in a jacuzzi! But I have seen photos of him in his prime, he was hot!
 

xInterperuvian: He was! Here's a picture of Salvador and Daniela back then in El Camino Secreto.

Jarocha
 

I repost my comment from the CS post here:

Good morning! Wow, these are wonderful news! Thanks to Melinama and Jeri. :)) I'm very glad and grateful to have a discussion page here.

Okay, here's what I can do for the LVO viewers:
- post summary videos
- post screencaps for each episode
- the usual telenovela gossip I always post :)
- write short summaries
- explain the most difficult scenes (as long as I myself understand them :))

But. LVO has 120 episodes, and I definitely can't write summaries for six months. Unfortunately the day doesn't contain more than 24 hours, and I also have a family, job, studies, one thousand hobbies and I'm still working on the short version of CS (it's a time killer), therefore if anyone likes the show and decides to write summaries (one sentence about each scene) occasionally that would be really much appreciated. :)
 

Btw, Insomniacs Club sounds great. :)

Hola, Jarocha!
I agree that Juan José was one of the few decent and really interesting TN characters of EY. When he was working with Ernesto Alonso he always got well written characters. Dulce desafío and En carne propia were also nice, but I don't like him neither in Marielena, nor in Guadalupe. Alfredo was a very complex character, but still a huge jerk who raped his own wife, nuff said.
Camilo in Te amaré en silencio was a horny idiot, Rodrigo in DA was a childish idiot, Juan in FELS was a lovely, loyal idiot, and Juan in CS was a bipolar idiot.
Juan José is a decent guy, I like him.
He definitely needs a good character at last. Hey, Carla Estrada, please give him a baddie role in your new circus! :)
 

Aribeth, I love your plans! They sound wonderful. Looking forward to it, and thank you so much.
 

Aribeth~~Thanks for offering your help with LVO. This is more good news. I am looking forward to this show. I'm glad to know that I'll still be able to see Big Ed every night.
 

Jarocha, I'm sorry by EY is too bulky for you. I think he's just right and am looking forward to this show. I have see a few snippets on YouTube and can understand why it might be considered too hot for prime time. Anyway, EY looks fine as dandy and sweet as candy in this one. Love the scruffy beard. Can't wait to meet all of ya'll right here is blog land.
 

Thanks Aribeth and Jeri and everyone else for helping out the TN fans who love EY, but have trouble understanding the language barrier. I was thrilled to learn that there would be a site to go to for discussions and episode reviews. I caught a few episodes of EY's telenovea LVO but couldn't understand everything. I hope to be able to watch a few episodes a week, and with this upcoming site will be able to stay informed on the episodes I miss. Thanks again !
 

Aribeth: I think working with Ernesto Alonso was wonderful for any actor but I agree that those were the finest roles for EY. I can't remember Alfredo doing that. It's been a long time since I saw Guadalupe but I'd definitely hate it. You know about my unpopular opinion about Manuel in Amor Real.

BarbaraM: This is my one novela where I physically like EY. I think he and Ale Barros steal the show from Gabriel Soto and Galilea Montijo.

I'm rewatching the first episodes to join the lines when the novela starts :).

Jarocha
 

Jarocha, we have the same opinion about Manuel (and Alejandro from Bodas de odio). First of all, he whines too much. Second, I understand why he did what he did (1. he wanted to prevent the annulation of the marriage, 2. Mati hurt him deeply), but still, it was bad. Especially that he ravished Matilde who was so weak, so whiny, so irritating and so fragile. Abusing Mati is like hitting a deer by a car or beating a kid. :P

Here's that clip from Guadalupe:
link

(Btw, will Adela ever get any roles like Guadalupe again? Okay, she was a usual Fiallo heroine, and Ade overacted sometimes, but I liked her strength and how she kicked Alfredo's ass.)

I'd be glad to see you around here, I like your comments much.
 

Great news! Insomniacs unite! I'm in.
 

Aribeth: I completely forgot that scene! It was definitely bad, I agree. Adela was definitely overacting at parts but I'm with you in that it's best to see her in a character like Guadalupe than in her usual type. What was wrong with Delia Fiallo? I can't get over that she wrote Leonela and Mar de Amor.

Matilde annoyed me so much but I still hated what happened.



Jarocha
 

Jarocha and Aribeth, I am with you on the unpopular opinion of Manuel. Even if he had reasons for the way he was, I don't think it justifies rape (I know not everyone believes it was rape, but I'm firmly in the "no means no" camp). This is why Amor Real can never be a favorite of mine, however well done and however much I like FC.

Jarocha, that's interesting that this is one novela where EY's physique doesn't bother you, because I'm another person that finds EY too bulky (apologies to EY fans). I might have to check this out, especially since it sounds like EY actually plays a non idiot for once.

Thanks all for the info,

Pascal
 

Thanks to all who have started this discussion. I am going to record it on my DVR and watch, to give it a try. New fall shows start next month on mainstream netowrks, too. Aaaack!

I currently have two telenovelas on my plate and don't know if I can carry a third, but y'all are making it sound worth it. I hope I can hang in there. :o)
 

Again, thrilled beyond belief to have this. Thanks again to our wonderful blog mom, to Jeri and to Aribeth.

I'm excited along with everyone else to be watching this. Add another insomnniac to the list!

Diana
 

It looks like Fabian Robles is going to be a bad guy from his picture. I've only seen him in MEPS & STuD, but I understand he has been a real BAD ass in other TN's.
This will be my insomnia TN.
 

Fabián won the "Best Villain" award for his role in "Apuesta Por Un Amor" (2004).

I watched APuA, and he deserved it. He's a young man with a long, villainous career ahead of him.

Fabián is the son of Fernando Robles, a longtime Televisa character actor, who just played the sheriff in Corazón Salvaje.

(The father was also in the original 1990 "Yo Compro Esa Mujer.")
 

Thank you the discussion. I am very excited to see this novela. I want to see the sexy sex scenes. Muy Caliente!!
 

WHY THE STATION PREEMPT LA VERDAD
OCULTA WITHOUT LETTING KNOW THE
VIEWER????
IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO WAIT TILL
11:00 AND THEN THE NOVELA IS NOT
SHOWN
 

Anon, if you check in with the daily recaps, in the discussion sections, we will usually be on top of the schedule and you can find out from us.
 

For future readers of this archive:

LVO You Tube links:

Here's links for parts 1 of the first 10 eps to get started.

If you start with Part 1 on You Tube, a link to Part 2 will pop up in the side bar to the right, part 3, part 4, etc.

So far, this uploader has always used five parts.


Episode 1 Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IJuhvHT7Fo

Episode 2 Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_7UXJRG44w

3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxZIdSdX2o

4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyI5TIFYSvM

5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwyaiSh2lpk

6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5FnPZdU_V8

7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-BbxlhUxmc

8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjsLo7-43E

9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXnQ2HfWhi4

10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0LblXnhGo
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder