Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eva Luna #8 Wed 11/10/10 Every one loves Eva (well almost everyone)

Tonight was all over the place. I decided rather than do a complete one tomorrow and have to watch this whole thing over again to just do a quick outline of the events from the notes I took. I am hoping that everyone will feel free to add, correct or even add dialogue. My CCS were not working. I promise next wed I will have a complete recap with pictures. I just want to go to bed early and enjoy the Latin Grammy’s tomorrow night.

We start with where we left off last night with Eva trying to retrieve the pills she dropped on Leos bed. We get a very compromising scene as Renata walks in and doesn’t buy Eva’s innocence. She even rats to Marcella. Marcella tells Renata that she knows her son. Sooner or later he will tire of Eva and will fire her. Renate’s all in a major tizzy because Eva has won the hearts of everyone in the household. Including Mad Max. And Julio is so taken with her.

Speaking of, Eva is finishing lunch detail with him when he had one of those awful attacks. Max was outside the door for some odd reason. He sensed his masters attack and was going nuts barking like crazy. Old sympatric Renata noted he was barking out side the door and just told him to shut up and left. Eva was freaking out. She didn’t know what to do. Thank goodness the attack was over and Julio recovered. Oh dear.

Thomas is still missing. Everyone is beside themselves. Poor little Adrian does not want them to call the police. He runs away but is found by Knockout Ricky and persuaded to come back to the house. Our kind residents, Justa, Ricky and Marisol agree that they will all look after him. Adrian is certain that his father just left on a trip and forgot to tell him. Oh yea and Gangster Damien (?) is lurking in the shadows. So I am certain this will be trouble for our little family.

Alicia and Marisol do a little bonding. Marisol warns Alicia that Tony is trouble. Well we all know that.

We are now getting a little more plot line with our butler Francisco and Jacky the nanny. Francisco is talking to some women trying to impress her by having her believe he is wealthy. We find out that Jacky actually has the hots for him as she discusses her love interest with Laurita. Actually Laurita is giving her tips on how to catch a man. Smile and bring him coffee. Turns out Francisco‘s big date is a wash. He confesses this to Jacky. Unfortunately he also confesses that he could never be interested in a servant girl. Jacky‘s heart is broken.

A large bouquet of flowers arrives at the big house. Renata is convinced they were sent to Victoria. Turns out Bruno the charmer has sent them to smarmy Marcella. (gross). So she’s all excited about the prospects of a hot young stud. We know he has an ulterior motive as we see him talk with someone, who is just out of sight, that he is just interested in all her money. (Is that a gigolo?)

Leo is all about the great sexual chemistry he has with Claudia. They are getting ready to have a roll in the hay. He wants to make sure she is using protection. Of course she assures him and excuses herself to go to the ladies room. We see her take out her little contraceptive case and throw the little pill away. She has plans of her own.

Daniel has been in and out of business meetings. It turns out there is an award presentation for the great apple slogan. His secretary tells him they found the person who created the genius line that won them the award. Drum roll everybody …………. It turns out to be none other than our clever little Eva. Daniel just has to drive off in his orange convertible to Julio’s house to see Eva to make sure it is indeed her .

We also get a little confession from Eva while she is winning Julio’s heart as well as that of Mad max that she would love to be in some from of publicity or marketing. Julio assures her she will go far.

We end tonight with an awkward scene., Daniel has arrived at the mansion. Renata assumes he is there to see Victoria. He tells her that he is there to see Eva. That really ticks Renata off. Vicky shows up and is pleasantly surprised he is there and assumes it is to see her. He informs her he is there to see Eva. Eva walks in and it is confirmed she indeed is the person who submitted the winning line. He tells them she has to go to the awards with them. After all she was the inspiration. This does not sit well with Victoria.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for your recap Pata and you had to get up early for work! Your outline covered the episode well.

I am intrigued by whoever Bruno was talking to. Is it someone w/a grudge against crazy Marcella? Will they try to give us clues to this person's identity?

Regarding the subplots, the crowd at Eva/Alicia's place of residence I can skip but the Jackie and Francisco love match looks promising.

From yesterday, thanks Una Norteamericana for the translation b/t Dan and Eva.
 

Hey Pata. I love these Cliffnotes type recaps. Fast. To the Point. You were still wry and funny. Way to go. Sounds like it was a pivotal episode.

Very cute title as well. We now know that not only is Eva sweet, innocent and dazzingly beautiful...she is a SMART COOKIE! Yeah.
 

Thanks very much, Pata, for the fine recap. I think it covered all the action very well. I'd add just one detail. When Damien, lurking outside the boarding house, sees Knockout Ricky with Adrian, he assumes Adrian is Ricky's child, and he mutters something to indicate that he may try to get his revenge on Ricky by hurting Adrian. At least I think that's what he said.
With my weak Spanish, I can never be sure.

Like Karen, I'm wondering who Bruno was talking to. He and Marcella seem like likely targets for anvils by the end of the telenovela.

Unlike Karen, I'm not at all taken with the Jackie/Francisco subplot. They are somewhat likeable characters, but their subplot seems to me too stale and obvious, and not all that interesting. Oh well, I guess that's what makes horse races and telenovelas. :-)
 

Pata: Great job for just an outline! You hit all the highpoints for sure! thanks!
 

Pata--No more needs to be added to move the action along. Your recap was complete and we know where we are in the story.

When you said "tonight was all over the place," I agree. The NY mini-second scenes switching back and forth between more than one digressing story-line is getting annoying (especially when I'm only trying to tape the "good parts.")

I briefly considered adding some dialog, but there wasn't anything worth doing.
Una Norteamericana
 

I agree with most comments about how Guy looks. Young for his age but the camera/lighting is not always favoring him... still its good to see Guy again on screen.
 

Pata, thanks for doing this. It was plenty of detail, and yes, it was a little frustrating how they flipped back and forth between scenes so quickly for no good reason.

I loved Laurita giving Jacki flirting tips. She's a hoot. It seems entirely obvious how the Jacki/Francisco story will go, but who knows, maybe they will surprise us somehow.

Yes, Damian thinks Adrian is Ricky's son and thus a good target to use to control Ricky. Ugh. Leave the kid out of it.
 

Gees, you could't even try to time the length of some of those scenes last night. Clicking the time button would take longer. Good job Pata making sense of it all. (Who thought that editing was a cool way to watch a show?)

"he is just interested in all her money." Ya think? I mean, really. Stud after our botoxed baddie? She doesn't even successfully exude a minutae of sex-appeal. (Is that a gigolo?)you betcha. Or a down-right crook. We either have a new character to be introduced, or could the drinking buddy be Leo or the no-good doctor?

I guess I don't mind the fact that Guy is older. So far, I don't think they've tried to pigeon hole him id into an age. Even handsome men in their 40's may look older, so to be in your 50's and able to still look so good...hurrah to him. And he's so likable. Take him over Leo anyday.

They were really playing back and forth with the kids' scenes last night. Attempt to start trying to tie those two into a plot together?
 

I hate the quick back and forth. I think Univision should forget about producing their own telenova's and go back to just playing the Mexican produced ones. They are far better and more entertaining. Univision seems to lack the knack, IMV

Don't know if I can stick with this one. Any recommendations for the same time slot? TIA

Your quick recap was great. Thanks
 

Hi all, thanks for the comments. Up until last night I was really starting to like this, but got so frutrated with the editing last night I had no clue how to recap it the way I normally do. It was so all over the place. I apoligize for just putting up such a quick outline. My notes made no sense. I think if I would have gone from scene to scene it would have made less sense. As it was without CCS I was so lost. I just couldn't stand the thought of trying to watch it over again and post a longer version of the same.

I do like Eva and the relationship that is beginning with Julio. I also like Jacki and Francisco. I thought Laurita was cute with her how to catch a man tips. It would have been more fun to see this in one long scene instead of all broken up.

There were also those wierd beach scenes. What was that all about?

I Like Guy Ecker and don't feel he is too old for the part of Daniel at all. He is quite nice to watch.
I don't know if I really want to see Bruno and Marcella together much.

I am torn about Tony. I think he is your basic sweet punk who is in over his head but just doesn't know it yet. After all he did go back to help Alicia.

I think the awards show will be interesting if Eva agrees to go.
I just hope the editing gets better and they don;t throw in all the "NY mini second scenes" as Una Norteamerican so aptly coined.

I hope you all enjoy the Grammy's tonight. Judy B I think Pedro F. is up for an award.
 

Pata- Thanks so much for the recap. I hope you had a good day at work and are getting some rest. I didn't see it last night, but looks pretty complete to me. I just found out that Eva Luna is On Demand, so I can always go back and watch without even recording the show. I will likely watch this episode since I keep missing the episodes when they mention what the tag line was that Eva created. What was this briliiant apple selling idea she came up with?

This one is a bit boring and ho hum right now, but I'll give it a try for a while more. I like Guy and I like Blanca Soto, both new to me as far as novelas go. But the story around them so far isn't quite gelling. We'll see. I wonder if the quick cut edits are meant to US viewers who are used to quick cut reality shows and such?

Anon- Aurora is on at the same time. I've been taping that one or watching it instead of Eva. It stretches believability, but it IS interesting. It's the kind of novela that can start interesting and then get ridiculous. And Eva is the kind of novela that can start slowly and then get interesting. I'm on the fence about both.
 

Vivi--I don't think we've been told what the apple ditty is. Maybe the writers couldn't come up with anything clever enough--or--we find out tomorrow.

This is my first instance of spending time with Guy Ecker. As long as he's on screen enough times and has that winning smile when looking at or thinking about Eva, it doesn't bother me that the rest is kind of ho-hum.

The Julio-Max-Eva trio sitting on the bed was sweet. At least she has someone a su lado besides the cook in that Casa Maldita. Of course we all know she will get blamed if and when Julio has a fatal attack--unless our little heroine decides to go against Marcy and calls 911.
Una Norteamericana
 

The grammys were fun. Pedro lost out to Vincente Fernandez (I think.) There was a great Enrique Eglesis number. Placido Domingo was also honored and that was quite touching. I will admit I understood very little of what was said but it was high energy and just what I needed. Angelica Vale did a skit as well. Strange but sort of funny.
 

Ooops the last post was mine. My name didn't post
 

Thank you for the quick and fabulous recap!

I am interested in seeing how the Francisco story goes too.

This is also my first TN with Guy Ecker, and even though sometimes the camera angle and lighting do him no favors, most of the time he looks great and like others have said, he has such a lovely smile. When he smiles his whole face lights up.

I thought it was just me that was struggling with the editing in this TN. It is difficult to do a scene-by-scene recap. I thought you covered everything Pata, and the narrative was clear and understandable. Trying to recap every.little.cut in order is crazy-making! I hope they smooth out the editing or something. If they don't, I may do some smoothing over myself when I recap. (I did a few recaps for Llena de Amor and it wasn't that time-consuming!)

I found it most interesting how Victoria was really working overtime to try to discourage Eva from attending the awards with Daniel. Of course obviously she's jealous. But even though I wasn't following this scene all that well, I thought that maybe she can't quite believe that a lowly servant (Eva) could have been capable of anything clever enough to be used or appreciated by the company?

Victoria is a puzzle. On one hand she seems to love her dad sincerely, and she can be capable of treating Eva nicely and with gratitude. On the other hand, she's very snobby and class-conscious and is threatened and jealous of Daniel's own daughter. I think she's going to be an interesting character.

I'm curious too to find out who the mystery person is that Bruno is talking to.
 

the thing Angelica Vale was trying to do was imitate other celebrities. She imitated Thalia, Alejandra Guzman (the lady celebrity that is judge at the Mira quien Baila), and even Lucero herself at the end of the skid... it was funny when you could recognize the celebrities.
of course her whole intervention except when she was imitating Lucero standing right next to her was wearing the looks of Letty la Fea
 

Well, my objection is the actress playing Marcella. So, I guess the fact Bruno is after her for the money is all right with me and makes more sense now. I am intrigued by the Eva/Daniel stop and start love story. The actor playing Tony is a charmer and does a good job with his character. Now I am intrigued by the mystery-man Bruno was dining with, though the Jackie/Franc combo doesn't grab me in the least.

I've seen much slower telenovelas than this one. I just hope they don't extend this thing. I hope they give it a decent four month run and be done with it, you know?
 

Pata/Sweeney32: ITA. Theses tiny scenes are nutty; IMHO you should feel free to do whatever makes most sense to you. We're all happy just to have something to read. You two have done terrifically all things considered!! =/;? )
 

I can't wait for Carlos the bar waiter to come back in the scene and kick ass with Tony-shmuck's face.
 

Just a note to let the recappers know that her is another faitful reader and your work is much appreciated
 

Thanks, Aeryn!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder