Sunday, November 14, 2010

Eva Luna #9 Fri 11/12/10

Daniel informs Eva that he wants her to accompany him to the awards ceremony since she is the one that submitted the winning line. Eva begs off and Victoria backs her up. Daniel won't take "no" for an answer and Eva finally agrees. Victoria is none to happy.

Claudia is lying in bed with Leonardo and saying to herself how much it will cost him to play with her. She gets a phone call from a very pissed off Victoria wanting to meet with her tomorrow.

Victoria tells her mother about Daniel inviting Eva to the awards ceremony. Marcela can't believe that he would invite her to such a prestious award ceremony. Victoria whines that she wanted it to be a special night just the two of them and now it's ruined. Marcela says we need to think of a way to avoid this.

Eva gets home and Dona Justa tells her that alot has happened today and wants to fill her in.

Marcela thinks about the flowers she received today.

Marisol warns Alicia that Tony is bad news. Stay away from him. Alicia says Eva tells me the same thing and I finally am starting to agree with her. Eva comes up as Alicia is telling Marisol what happened with Tony and the failed five finger discount fiasco at the convience store. Eva walks in and shouts "Alicia!". BUSTED!!!

Eva can't believe Alicia didn't tell her. This is ridiculous. Alicia yells back that I don't tell you anything because of the way you act. She walks away with Eva calling after her to come back. They go to their room where Eva lays the guilt trip on Alicia saying what would our father think knowing you almost went to jail and you hanging out with a delinquent? Alicia tells her not to bring up her father. I miss him so much. Why did he have to die? Eva says I miss him too. They cry and hug. Eva tells her to take care of herself and stay away from Tony. Alicia promises.

The next morning Eva comes across Tony and warns him to stay away from her sister. He starts being a smarty pants and gets bitch slapped by Eva.

Victoria and Claudia are at the gym. Victoria tells Claudia about Daniel's "invitation" to Eva. Claudia thinks perhaps he made up the whole thing just to take her out. Victoria tells her to quit making up things and making her more nervous. I need you to help me come up with something to avoid her coming to the awards ceremony with us.

Ricardo takes care of Mariol's wound and asks if she's going back to work. How am I suppose to live replies Marisol. Dona Justa will be asking for rent soon and I have other bills. I don't have someone to take care of me like you take care of Adrian. Ricardo says if he could he would, but doesn't have the money to do it. You are so nice to me says Marisol. I wish my father was just like you. They hug and Dona Justa sees this and gets sad.

Leonardo comes to see Daniel and says he found out about the "invite" he issued to Eva. Daniel reminds him that he wanted to find the person who came up with the slogan and share in the award with him. That person just happened to be Eva. What a concidence replies Leonardo. I don't believe in concidence replies Daniel. This all happened for a reason. So you believe that this is destiny asks Leonardo? Yes replies Daniel. Eva entered my life to stay.

Victoria gets home and tells Eva she wants to talk to her about her novio and the awards ceremony.

Marcela and Bruno flirting on the phone. Gross.

So Victoria has offered to dress Eva up for the grand awards ceremony. Eva thinks it's not such a great idea, but Victoria persists. Think about mi novio.

Tony sees Alicia and tells her he's been missing her. She says get use to it, because she's avoiding him. The other night was horrible and she almost went to jail.

Victoria tells Eva that at the awards ceremony the magizine and newspaper crews will be there. If you are not looking your best then you will not be doing him any favors. Your right replies Eva.

Tony turns the tables on Alicia and says I came back for you. I turned myself in to spare you and this is how you repay me? None of this would have happened if you didn't get the bright idea to steal in the first place shouts Alicia. The least you could have done was come back for me. Yes, I felt better that you returned, but I am going to change my life and find good friends. Friends that are not as bad as you.

Victoria pays a visit to Daniel in his office. She came to invite him to lunch, but his secretary told her he is meeting with clients. How about tomorrow asks Daniel. I can't replies Victoria. I promised Eva that I would go shopping with her for a dress to the awards ceremony. His secretary comes in the the invite for Eva and Victoria takes it to give to Eva. When Daniel leaves she rips it up.

The next day Eva brings Don Julio his breakfast and finds Victoria with him. Victoria tells Eva that her dad is pleased that Daniel has invited her to the awards ceremony. He has also agreed to give her the rest of the day off so they can go shopping.

Victoria, Claudia and Eva are coming out of a shop, but Eva emptyhanded. Turns out she did not find a dress. Victoria vows to keep looking until they find one. They drop her off at her house after Victoria buys her shoes and a necklace to go with her outfit. Victoria reminds Eva that professional make-up artists will be arriving the evening of the awards ceremony. Eva thanks them and leaves. Now they know where she lives. Victoria reminds Claudia not to forget about the plan. Claudia assures her that she won't let Eva go.

Laurita helps Daniel with his tie. Daniel is really nervous. Cute scene.

Victoria talks to Claudia who reassures her that she will take care of Eva.

Laurita asks Daniel if has seen the lady from the drawing again. Why do you ask replies Daniel. Laurita replies because I have never seen you smile like that before. I would like you to invite her over again. Well when I see her tonight, I will tell her promises Daniel. So your going out with her and not the witch...I mean Victoria asks Laurita.

Fernando sees Marisol at an outside cafe and flirts with her.

Daniel tells Laurita that he asked her not to call Victoria a witch again. I know, but I forgot replies Laurita. Well don't let it happen again says Daniel. Let me tell you that Victoria has been really good with Eva.

Victoria shows up at Daniel's on time. She asks if Daniel sent the chauffer for Eva and says they have to leave. They don't want Eva to get their before them and have to wait alone.

Eva is walking outside excited with Dona Justa and Alicia in a pretty white dress. Claudia in a fake red wig and big sunglasses walks by and "accidently" spills her iced coffee all over the front of Eva's dress.

Eva is open mouthed impactada at what justed happened and Claudia says she's so sorry and walks away. Dona Justa says perhaps we can clean it up.

Bruno and Marcela flirting FF-->

In the car Victoria asks Daniel for his cellphone to call Claudia. She left her cellphone at home and wants to know if Claudia is on her way. She calls and Claudia said everything went according to plan. Victoria hangs up and slides the cellphone in her purse. She tells Daniel that she can't wait to see Eva in her pretty gown.

Dona Justa is scrubbing away at the dress but it's a lost cause. Eva is visibly upset. She tells Dona Justa that this is the first time since her father's death that she has felt excited. Dona Justa wonders what will she do? Nothing replies Eva. Alicia comes in and wonders what to tell the chauffeur. Tell him to leave replies Eva.

Monday: Victoria and Claudia are happy with their little scheme; Eva shows up and Daniel kisses Eva?

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Gloria, for the fine recap. It cleared up a couple of things I didn't understand.

One thing I wondered about is what Dona Justa was thinking when she saw Ricardo and Marisol embracing. You described Dona Justa as "sad," but was she sad about Marisol's misfortunes or sad that Ricardo seems to have found someone younger and more attractive to pay attention to? When I watched the episode, I thought that Dona Justa was mistakenly jealous, but now you've made me wonder whether I had jumped to the wrong conclusion. (It would hardly be the first time!)

The trailers for Monday show that Eva gets to the ceremony after all. I was very happy to see that, but did she just whip up a new dress in ten minutes? (Time to tighten my beanie?) Hmmm...I guess I'll have to wait and see.

By the way, I don't think this recap has been added to the Eva Luna recaps page.
 

Gloria: Excellent recap! I envy anybody who can get it all down so well and so succinctly. Tony getting "bitch slapped" made me chuckle cuz that's exactly what he seems to be for El Gallo.
======
Juanita: I wondered after seeing the previews if I was going to need my beanie tightened also!
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. I agree about Daniel and his daughter. It was a cute scene.

I found the Francisco and Marisol scenes together interesting and funny. The fact that they are both trying to pretend to be someone else could be a fun plotline. When she pulled his chauffer hat out from the back I did chuckle.

That Victoria and Claudia are a couple of nasty girls aren't they!!
They probably did Eva a favor by wrecking that white dress. I didn't find it particulary attractive.
 

Funny Gloria as always. "Marcela and Bruno flirting on the phone. Gross." That was all that was needed on that scene.

I love Laurita - smart little dickens. She and Guy play off each other very well. (he's got what four kids in real life, so he's good at being a "dad"). I love the witch slip. I think that little girl has Vic's number.

Cisco and Marisol - too funny. Who's cover will be blown toally first. he might be able to explain away the hat as belonging to "his" chauffer...he cracks me up.

Juanita, I was happy to see those previews too. victoria's face was priceless. There's a couple women in the house that might have something Eva could get into. Tonight should be good!
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. Yes the scene with Daniela and Laurita was nice.

Juanita - ITA w/you about Dona Justa. I saw celos all over the place.

I also can't wait to see how ends up being Eva's fairygodperson and loaning her that dress.
 

Gloria- This was a wonderful recap and well worth the wait. I was flipping back and forth again, so didn't see all the happenings. I did see cute Laurita with Dan. That was a charming scene. You know what they say..if your friends and your kids don't like your significant other, maybe you should listen.

I also saw the funny scene wtih Fernando and Marisol. Two b.s.ers, b.s.ing each other. But I could see them being a cute couple. I feel bad for Jackie though. She really likes him. I think it's funny that Vicky's jealousy radar is up with Eva, but Jackie lives and works in Dan's house, is beloved by him and his daughter, is really pretty and dresses really nicely for the nanny/maid/personal assistant, and yet she doesn't seem to bat an eyelash at her. She's also really jealous of that girl who works with Dan on ad campaigns at the office. Maybe she isn't so dumb afterall, since Dan really IS interested in Eva, and that office colleague really IS after Dan.

Can't wait to see where Eva gets that dress from. It's not like she needs much to make her look gorgeous. She's going to be towering over everyone if they actually ever put her in high heels. I chuckled again in that first scene with Dan, Vicky and Eva. Little Vicky (with her big butt) in the middle of the two. Still way shorter than them both despite the stilettos she was wearing. And who's the model again?
 

Great recap, Gloria.

I love Laurita. She's funny and astute and she and Daniel have a great relationship. They sort of remind me of Juan Miguel and his daughter Mayita in Cuidado Con el Ángel.

I, too, thought Justa was having a moment of jealous misunderstanding when she saw Ricardo and Marisol.

That dress they had Eva in was nothing special so big deal that it was ruined. Honestly she could put on any sundress she already has and look just as good, but I'm interested to see what they come up with for her.
 

I tagged this for you. It wasn't showing up on the Eva List.
 

Thank you for this recap, it covered everything and was succinct! I am going to attempt to follow your more succinct style in my own recaps, because the way this show is edited, it's exhausting to try to cover every little edit in the show and it just takes too long to write and read! LOL.

I agree that Dona Justa was a bit jealous. I think in one of the recent episodes she was talking to herself about how she "didn't care" what Ricardo was doing (can't remember exactly what it was, but it might have been in regards to Marisol) and it was very obvious that Dona Justa likes Ricardo far more than she wants to admit to herself.

Very funny beginning of Francisco's and Marisol's story! LOL. They are both so full of it!

Looking forward to tonight's episode with the Cinderella theme, as Eva shows up looking gorgeous and shocking everyone! LOL.
 

Hola todos--
Been waiting all weekend for this. Thanks Gloria for the chance to relive the episode. Your style is just what we need--no back and forths to keep our heads spinning.

Everything is going according to plan...yes, I liked the Cinderella reference. I wonder if the dress came out of Dna Justa's or Marisol's closet.

And please, was I momentarily taken back to Sortilegio? Bruno Lombardi???? Que the heck. Couldn't the writers come up with something more original?

That's another little queja of mine. TNs do seem to recycle the names a lot. Penalvert in STuD was also used in Amor Real, Santibanez has been used before, too.

I didn't recognize Marisol at the cafe at first. I though they had invited Eva Longoria for a cameo.
Una Norteamericana
 

I thought the same thing about Bruno Lombardi..."what the heck is HE doing here? Isn't he DEAD?!"
 

I think it was Lombardo in Sorti, and he didn't have that last name until he found out that Papa Lombardo was his real father and not his stepfather.

I do feel like on a lot of tv shows, not just novelas, they repeat a lot of names. Like in US soaps there are a ton of Carly's (women), but I know none in real life.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder