Thursday, November 04, 2010

La Fea Más Bella #75-76 11/4/10 Alicia needs a sugar daddy, and she's desperate.

Capitulo 75.
Read Julie’s original recap which covers Cap’s 75 to 79. Then come back here to discuss it.

1. Alicia answers Lety’s phone and talks to Tomás. He says he’s a partner with FI and trys his usual call-my-chauffer schtick. The difference is, Alicia buys it and turns sweet. Marcia rummages Fernando’s desk and finds the Paty M photo.

2. Alicia tells Lety that Tom called. The cuartel says he’s Lety’s novio and laughs at Ali because Lety has a rich novio and she has none. She brags that she has an address book full of the best men in the country, and she can snap her fingers and they come running. Ariel hears all this and asks if she thinks he’ll come running. He compares Lety to Frida Kahlo and says that it is amazing that Lety got a novio.. and Alicia is an old maid (solterona).

3. Fernando interrupts Jaimito’s baseball play, then brags to Omar what a good catcher he is. Too bad he doesn’t know which direction goes to first base! (I also discovered on AxM that he throws like a girl.) The cuartel realizes that Tom is a partner of FI, who does business with Conceptos. Lety gets nervous.

4. Ariel humiliates Lety. See the transcript. Fernando comes in, furious, and kicks him out. Lety says, “Don’t worry. He’s right.” She tells him she did it for him. He says that it looks nice, but he likes her old look better, the Lety he knows. He goes back to his office and wants to wash his eyes out with something pretty. Marcia’s photo? Not pretty enough. His toy car!!

5. Alicia complains that the cuartel says she can’t get a novio. Marcia says, “Then introduce them to your novio.” Alicia plans to steal Lety’s boyfriend, both for revenge and because he’s rich. Marcia says that if he’s Lety’s boyfriend, imagine how low class he is. Saimon turns down a lunch date with Jazmín because of a prior commitment to Jaimito. Paula, if you want a father for your son…

6. An attorney threatens to reposess Alicia’s car. Sara tells her to snap her fingers and get one of those rich novios. Lety tells Tom to stop talking to Alicia about FI, and she informs him that he’s her official novio.


Capitulo 76.
Read Julie’s original recap which covers Cap’s 75 to 79. Then come back here to discuss it.

1. Lola was scared to tell her kids they’re getting divorced, but the kids say it’s the same as it is now. I recommend that you skip the scenes with Efren. They’re even worse than usual.

2. Alicia needs money to keep her car from being repo’d. She asks for a 500K pesos ($40,700 USD) loan from Omar, Luigi (who tells her to put “the girls” to work!), Fernando (she tells him, “not a half million, only 500K), and Ariel (who says he’d have to pimp her for 100 nights to pay it off)

3. Marcia starts telling Fernando about their wild night ahead, while Lety’s still in the room.

4. MamaJ tells Erasmo that Lety is changing her look because she wants to be married, and no boys notice her. Lety explains that she told the cuartel that Tomás is her novio. Tom realizes it will destroy his chance of romance with Alicia. Lety gives Tom advice that could apply to her as well. “That woman is not for you. Leave the romance in the photos where it belongs. It’s too dangerous.”

5. Lety tries to figure out her relationship. Loosely: “It seems like Fernando only admires me. It’s too much to hope that he would desire me. He has Marcia and the models. Paula says that if he likes me, he’ll desire me. He’s never said he loves me. He doesn’t seem to desire me. Something’s missing. It’s a nightmare to see him every day and not be able to hold him. I need him. I do desire him” Meanwhile at the apartment, Fernando is ravenous for Marcia.

6. A few days later they go out, and Lety’s desire has been building up. She can’t keep her hands off him, and he feels guilty. She suffocates him with her goodnight kiss, and she gets him to promise that next time, they’ll go somewhere alone. Meanwhile he’s getting text messages from someone calling him desgraciado and a fraud.

Lety gets home after midnight so now it’s her saint’s day, and tomorrow (the sunrise after the next one) will be her birthday. Mama suggests that it would be special to Lety if Fernando did something nice for her birthday. Boy howdy!


Spanish Lesson: Ariel vs. Lety
In Fernando’s office, Ariel humiliates Lety’s look. Fernando listens behind the door.
L: I’ll deposit your money tomorrow. I give you my word.
A: Is your word as serious as your look? Because You don’t look like and assistant to the president. More like an assistant to the circus.
L: Pardon?
A: Of course. Fernando is a clown. But that doesn’t mean that everyone here has to be a mockery. Be more discreet.
L: You’re offending me.
(Fernando is listening behind the door.)
A: I’m not offending you. YOU are offending the company. This get-up. What were you thinking? Did you think you looked divine? No! you look worse!
L: I ask you to respect me. You’re getting personal.
A: No, you are damaging the image of MY company. Do me a favor. Act like a human, why don’t you?
Fernando enters, quietly seething. Lety fixes her eyes on him.
F: Do me a favor. Don’t disrespect my assistant.
A: Then she should respect herself. Someone with so much responsibility can’t go in public like that.
F to Lety: I don’t think he speaks Spanish.
F to A: I asked you to leave. Get out! NOW! Ariel leaves.
F to L: I don’t like that he messes with you. I will not tolerate him offending you.
L: Don’t worry, Don Fernando. When all is said and done, he’s right. Excuse me.

F to L’s office. Don’t mind Ariel.
L: it’s true.
F: No, that luke.. quite a luke.
L: (glows.) Really? I did it for you! So I’d look different for you. If you like it, I don’t care what everyone else thinks. If you like it, I’m happy.
F: Yes, I like it. But do you want me to be honest? I liked much more, how you looked before. Yes, it may seem strange, but when I see you like that, I don’t know what happened to Lety, captivating, that was here. With her childish smiles. Her arranged her. Her sweet dresses. Coordinated colors.
L: You really prefer how I looked before?
F: YES. I want you to bring back the Lety that I carry here. (points to heart then changes to head.)
L: Okay. I thought you didn’t like how I looked before. That’s why I changed.
F: Aw, what are you talking about? The truth is, at first – you want me to be honest, right? – well, I wasn’t charmed by it.
L: I understand.
F: But later, everything magically changed. I discovered an enchanting woman. And I started to find things that fascinated me about you. So that now, I couldn’t live without them
L: DF, tomorrow I’ll go back to the same as I was before. As always. The Lety that you querer. The Lety that adores you.
F: Can I ask you a favor? We can’t go out tonight, maybe not until next week.
L: I understand. When you can, we’ll go out. I’ll wait.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Paula. Loved the Spanish lesson today. The interaction between Ariel and Fernando when he comes in and defends her is one of my favorite scenes in this novela.

Great outline today as well. I agree the Lola/ Efrin scenes were pretty pointless. I am about ready to start just taping the fun parts. I know I will fast forward through all the Jazmin/lola/efrin and majority of Cuartel scenes anyway if I rewatch my tapes.

Thanks again Paula and you have a great vacation!!!!
 

Fernando does have a love for Lety, and he puts legs on it. As I’ve said, his prime directive is, “Lety must not suffer.” He had a dilemma regarding her new look: If I tell her, it will hurt her. If I don’t, others will hurt her. The fact that he found a solution speaks of his love. The fact that he pulled it off speaks of his lies.

A. Lety was primed for Ariel’s attack. In the past 24 hours, she’d experienced: Roman’s insults, Fern got beaten up because she’s fea, Luigi & Ali ridicule her, realization at lunch “he doesn’t desire me,” and Fern drooling over Paty Manterola foto. Then Ariel lays into her. I think this is the only time Ariel ever beats her in a confrontation. She usually either hold her ground or mows him down. This time she tried to hold her ground, but the onslaught was too great and she’d been weakened by 24 hours of artillary shelling.
B. Fern was primed too. Last night he realized all the suffering in Lety’s world. Today he had to listen to Omar’s insults because Omar wouldn’t stop. And he had to listen to Marcia’s insults because he didn’t dare defend Lety too much in front of Marcia. So after a day of hurting for Lety, and feeling guilty for not defending her more, Ariel stepped into his line of fire, and Fernando could unleash his pent-up emotion on Ariel.

Be careful what you ask for. Marc finds Paty foto, the evidence and name she’s quested so long, but it also forced her to discard the hope that she’s mistaken.

I agree Pata, the Fern vs. Ariel scene was marvelous. In the Colombian he nearly started swinging at him!
 

It was great to watch Fern defend Letty after Ariel's vicious attack. And his little talk with her after . Then again he goes and ruins it by having to rinse out his eyes with something pretty. I can't help thinking that no one is texting him, it's just his conscience bugging him. The only one who knows what a rat he is being is Omar and since it is all his idea in the first place he wouldn't do anything to rock the boat.

Funny how after Paula Maria's little talk Letty became so aggressive with Fern. Those kinds of scene always make me cringe with embarrassment for her.
 

Again, just saw part of this but very moved by Fernando's defense of Lety. Beautifully done and indicative of her growing sensitivity. Would that we all could muster up that much tact in such a delicate situation!

Paula...vacation? Wonderful. Enjoy.
 

Agreed, the scene between Fern and Ariel was fantastic. I loved seeing him stick up for her. On the other hand, this was the sorriest I felt for Lety as regards her feeling for Fernando. She's moving to the next step emotionally, i.e. physical closeness.

Didn't the message on Fern's phone say "I'm here"? It makes me think that someone has followed him or is watching them. Oh well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow or the next day.

Paula, have a fantastic vacation!! We'll miss you.
 

you are right, Paula, this is the moment in the novela that Ariel gets the closest to being able to call Victo ry.. or maybe he does it.
You are right in that both Lety and Fernando had been mowed down by this time... so both were not in full strength to face Ariel... but between them they managed to get him out...
However, I have to say that I loved the BLF sequence of scenes between Ariel mocks Betty and 'the Betty I know' much better in BLF...
Having said that, the scene added in the end of that sequence with Fernando wanting to look at something pretty and preferring his model car to Marcia's picture was priceless...
have a great vacation...
 

Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes. Take good care of the board while I'm gone.

We have another of Gaitán's crab cannons. At the Bella Life event, Tom announced himself as Lety’s novio. She feared that would make her lose any chance of romance with Fernando, but it’s actually what pushed him to romance her. Now Tom fears that as Lety’s novio, he has no chance with Alicia. Actually Alicia decides to nab him BECAUSE he’s Lety’s novio – to torment her.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder