Thursday, December 16, 2010

La Fea Más Bella #131-132 12/16/10 I just want to go away.

Capitulo 131.
Read Alma’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Lety reads Omar’s cards, cries, and calls out to God for help. Her next reaction is denial. It must be a mistake, or Omar’s joke. She wants to die to escape the pain, but she plasters on a blank face for the cuartel. She copies the letter and returns everything to the briefcase. The white rose dies for lack of water.

2. Fernando recognizes that news of the engagement ring will really hurt Lety, but she needs to know that he’s doing really badly too. When he calls her to his office, she keeps her nose in her notebook to avoid looking at him.

3. Lety tries to convince herself that it’s all a mistake, but she hears Fernando on the phone with Omar as he discovers the letter. He lectures Omar for leaving it out in the open, and that confirms Lety’s fear. She doesn’t hear him say to himself, “It has been beautiful to make love with her, be with her, with her smiles. Lety is an endless fiesta, she so delights my soul.” (Me, me, me!)

4. Carolina realizes that Lety’s falling apart (though Fernando doesn’t) and takes her to the bathroom, while MamaJ finds another injured stray (Moty) and takes him home.

5. Lety concludes that she deserves this because she betrayed Marcia. She tells Caro, “They killed me.” Alicia pries, and Lety lays into her. “I won’t entertain you with my personal life. You’re a vulture with your claws out, enjoying the deaths on the road. A vulture because you feed on others. I don’t know if you realize that your life is garbage.”

6. Caro insists on taking Lety home and Lety refuses, so Caro gives her an ultimatum. “If you don’t let me take you home, I tell Fernando.”


Capitulo 132.
Read k-Fuego’s original recap, then come back here to discuss it.

1. Lety compares Fernando’s behavior to the letter. He wants to give her a ride home but she says her father’s taking her. He makes plans to go out tomorrow; she doesn’t say anything. Lety wants to pack up her office and never come back, but Caro hustles her out.

2. Clarita is cleaning out her backpack, and Fernando sees the card with his name. He finds out the kids found the red bag and put the envelope in his briefcase.

3. See the transcript. Caro says Lety can’t quit without notice; she should tell Fernando. Lety just wants to shut herself in her room for days. Caro speculates that it’s personal and it involves Fernando. Lety denies it.

4. Tomás thinks Lety is crying because he teased her. He says, “Don’t cry. Take my job, take the company from me, but don’t cry.” Lety tells Tom what happened. See the transcript.

5. Julieta hides Moty because Erasmo doesn’t like dogs, but Moty keeps making noise.


Spanish Lesson

Caro takes Lety home.
C: I’m not going to interfere or interrogate you. But if you’re thinking of quitting, that affects everyone.
L: I. Don’t. Want to. Return.
C: You can’t. Too much depends on you. It would be easier for Fern, Mar, or Omar to leave, but not you. You’re the last person to shirk you work. Conceptos depends on you.
L: Let them get someone else.
C: What did they do to you? I want to help you. I want to look for a solution for your problem.
L I just want to shut myself in my house for days.
C: Then do that, but Fernando deserves an explanation. What will happen when you don’t arrive tomorrow? What did Fern do to you?
L: Why do you say that?
C: Because if you leave, he would be the most likely suspect. I get the impression he has no idea what’s happening. Why don’t you tell him? Is the situation between you that bad? Did he offend you that much? This isn’t a work problem, is it? It’s something deeper.
L: (Turns away.) No, I was wrong. What’s happening is my fault. It has nothing to do with him.
C: Then should he pay the consequences?
L: (Crying.) I just want to disappear from the world for awhile.
C: Then ask for vacation or something. You can’t do it like this. Especially if he’s not guilty of anything. You say it’s personal. ¿It has nothing to do with work? Then why did you want to stay with me vs your friends?
L: No, it’s personal.
C: Then you can’t leave the company nor Fernando.
Lety to self. My parents. If they knew what happened to me. If they knew I failed them. That I threw away all the principles they taught me. For what? To be betrayed by the man that I love the most in all the world. Caro steps up.

Lety and Tomás. Condensed translation.
T: Don’t cry. Take my job, take the co from me, but don’t cry.
L: They killed me. I repeated the same story.
T: With whom?
L: With Fernando Mendiola. He used me. He made me fall in love with him so he wouldn’t lose the company. They thought you would influence me to take the whole company from them. One day he kissed me. I believed him.How could I imagine that Fernando was lower than Miguel?
T: But you were already in love with him. It was obvious.
L: You’re right. I fell in love, the first time I saw him. But it was with someone impossible. I was happy. Like being in love with a dream. I would’ve died happy like that. Marcia became a torture to me. The guilt never gave me a moment’s peace. I wanted to break up with him sooo many times, but he never accepted it. Of course not. He even swore that he would cancel his wedding for me. I just couldn’t break away from him. It was as if I was glued to him.
T: You were foolish, Lety. A man like him would never marry someone like you. Even if he was in love. Even if he’d lose the company otherwise. How could you not suspect?
L: He was so sincere. He made me feel loved. I was walking in the clouds. Until I woke up and it all turned into a nightmare. But do you know what? It was my own fault. I accepted a relationship with an engaged man. It was logical that I would end up losing.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, tough to watch, but Lety now sees without a veil over her face. Tomas clearly made her see the situation she helped to create.
Fern is such an idiot at this point.
Dreading the return of Maaaarcia. Im sure she will be flying that ring of hers in everyone face.

Diann
 

Thanks Paula, Alma and Fuego. These were tough episodes. I actually found the little sub-plot with Moti very refressing and cute.
I love how Julietta deals with Erasmo.

This is one of the few times i actually liked Thomas. He usually bothers me, but he was very sweet with Lety and so worried that he offended her.
 

Diann, I just want to say how much fun it is to read the comments of people like you and Sylvia and others who are watching and reacting to this stuff for the first time. I didn't think there would be so many newbies! It's great!
 

Julie, Im so glad I found this site. It is great to be able to talk about the caps with people "in the know". And also to bounce my thoughts around to people "in the know". Please keep posting... I'll be back Diann
 

So typical in a novela that people who listen in on things only get half the story. Too bad Fern didn't say the things he was thinking, out loud to Omar especially since he blabs everything else. Interesting too that when Omar called he was as he has always been upbeat and polite to Lety, no matter how sick his original plan was i always had the feeling that he liked Lety or at least respected her. Her hanging up on him must have shocked him.

My major complaint here is that once she found the letter and thought it was a sick joke Lety didn't just call Fern on it. But no, she, understandably is in shock, but she soldiers on with him giving him no clue that she has a problem which every women around her has seen instantly. I guess it is just because I would have be unable to stop myself from throwing the letter in his face and giving him a couple of good slaps across his pretty face. It is telling to me that she keeps silent and plots revenge.

When I first started watching this show Moty was already part of the household so it was nice to see him show up and how he became part of the Padilla Solis familia. Just as an aside isn't he really Angelica's pet?
 

Yes, Moty was (still is?) her actual pet.

I have to laugh at what you said because I was thinking the same thing as you about Lety's reaction to the letter. There's no way I would be able to keep silent about it for any amount of time if I were in her shoes. I wouldn't confront him in front of an audience (well, I can't swear to that), but you can bet that Fernando would feel my wrath promptly and that I'd make sure he knew exactly why I was angry.

As for revenge, I'd feel better just thinking about the paper cuts he'd be suffering inside his body where I shoved the letter.

It might actually be smarter to confront Omar first, but I'm not particularly clever when I'm angry and probably wouldn't think about it until afterwards. But I'd save my remaining shoe (the one that wasn't lost in my assault on Fernando) for when Omar gets back from Germany.
 

Julie I 'm not usually a big fan of violence but my mother always said every dog has it's day when we wanted to get back at someone who had hurt us. I hated that because a couple of slaps and quitting my job if I were Lety would be so satisfing. I know revenge is a dish best served cold but alas I don't have the patience to wait lOL

One of the best slapping scenes I ever saw in a novels was in Morelia where the heroine had endured more than Lety could imagine including having her wedding interrupted, her child disappearing, being accused of
murder and sent to prison for 20 years all at the hands of the man who loved her. She finally snapped slapped him once with her right hand and then backhanded him with the same hand. Lety would feel so much better if she had done that instead of just waiting. And the healing could begin.
 

Hi Friends! Crazy busy day. Sorry the recap got tagged so late. I must've done something wrong when I posted it.

Take heart. Friday's first cap is painful to watch because it tears at your heart. But by the second cap, the waterworks are turned off, and Lety takes her first feeble baby steps toward recovery.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the meaty discussion the Heaven and Hell episodes evoked, and I'm glad to see that the examination is continuing. I LOVE to analyze Fea, as you all have noticed, and to me there is nothing better than to discuss it with a group, where everyone is digging up gems and (mixed metaphor) throwing them into the soup pot. Everyone adds a different flavor; one brings the chorizo and one brings the potatoes. And we all discover something new; none of us is as smart as all of us.

The next few phases, really the next 115 episodes, get much more complex. We will have much more material for analysis than we did before, and I guarantee you, we will arrive at some VERY DIVERSE interpretations. This is fun!
 

Paula I am so with you on loving to analyze LFMB. While watching and commenting on other shows it is more who can top the next one with some stinging barb. Don't get me wrong that is fun too but I love digging into the meat of the characters- must be the writer in me.

One thing I noticed yesterday was how fast the Tan Divino Don Fernando was relegated to desgraciado Fernando Mendiola
 

D.G., es que, no other novela stands up to this kind of analysis. Camila of TNW, who knows her stuff, said that no other novela, even the great ones, have character development as spectacular as that in La Fea. Even Gaitán's other scripts, while great in other ways, don't match this level in the characters. We can dig as deeply as we do into Fea (and not the other TN's), not just because I'm a Fea anorak (which I confess I am), but because Fea calls out for it.
 

Oh dear, this episode was very sad and difficult to watch. When times get tough like this it's interesting to see how people behave. Caro, who does not see Lety daily, was totally in tune that something was terribly wrong and Lety, instead of crumbling at Alicia's antics, let her have it with both barrels. I thought it was very much human nature for Lety not to confront Fernando with her findings. When someone is that crushed and stunned the "I want to get out" feeling is overwhelming.

I agree that Tomas was very sweet and tender and not at all annoying for a change.

How fun that Moty is Angelica Vale's doggie! I love these insider tidbits.

OK, I'm off to watch Friday's episode.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder