Saturday, January 08, 2011

Mujeres Asesinas 3 on Sal y Pimienta

The new season of Mujeres Asesinas is starting on Thursday. These are some bullet points about what was discussed on Sal y Pimienta about the new season and the Mujeres Asesinas series:

• If you haven't seen the show before, the premise is that it gives a lot of actresses a chance to play grittier roles, usually involving a lot of violence and at least one murder per episode. This season, we're supposed to get: obsessive sisters, religious fanatics, overprotective mothers, Machiavellian women, and all sorts of twisted minds.
• The list of ladies for this season (and some of their character names) includes:
○ Rocio Banquells--most recently on Cuidado Con el Angel as Isabela
○ Jacqueline Bracamontes--most recently on Sortilegio as Maria Jose and Sandra
○ Yolanda Andrade--Rubi in the 2004 version of Rubi
○ Aleyda Nuñez--on Mañana es Para Siempre as Gardenia
○ Ana Bertha Espín--on Soy tu Dueña as Enriqueta
○ Aislinn Derbez (As Marta, Manipuladora)--not on anything I recognize according to IMDB
○ Dulce María--from Rebelde; on Verano de Amor as Miranda
○ Zuria Vega--on Mar de Amor as Estrella
○ Kika Edgar--on Season 1 of Mujeres Asesinas as Margarita, Ponzoñosa
○ Diana Bracho--on Fuego en la Sangre as Gabi
○ Maite Perroni--on Triunfo del Amor as Maria
○ Luz María Aguilar--on La Fea Más Bella as Irma
○ Dominika Paleta (as María, Fanática)--on Mañana es Para Siempre as Lili
○ Belinda--the singer
○ Issabela Camil--on La Fea Más Bella as Isabela del Conde (and Jaime Camil's stepsister)
○ Cynthia Klitbo--on Atrévete a Soñar as Bianca
○ Giselle Blondet--the host of Nuestra Belleza Latina
○ Leticia Perdigón (as Maggie, Pensionada)--from Hasta Que el Dinero Nos Separe as Leonor
○ María Rojo--on Corazon Salvaje as Clemencia
○ Patricia Reyes Spíndola--on Season 2 of Mujeres Asesinas as Tita Garza, Estafadora
○ Pilar Pellicer (all as Las Cotuchas, Empresarias)--on La Madrastra as Sonia
• Veronica Castro and Lucia Mendez were in the first season, which was quite a big deal since they were said to be enemies since the '80s.
• Giselle Blondet hasn't been acting in a while. She's going to be in an episode as Luz, Arrolladora, a betrayed wife who gets revenge. She joked that she thanks God and the Virgen that she's nothing like her character, but that's what acting is all about. She prepared for the role by reflecting on the fact that it's all too common for women to experience infidelity and many of them deal with it through violence (okay, not really an answer, there). She's excited to get going on the 5th season of Nuestra Belleza Latina. She hopes the public enjoys her performance in MA3.
• Kika Edgar gets to smack a guy around.
• Jacki Bracamontes will be "Irma, de los Peces." She's playing a woman who's terrorized by her husband. She was shocked to see how "ugly" they made her look without makeup and such. It also looked like they had her hair dyed darker. She talked about women who are in domestic violence situations being trapped. She said although she is an "asesina" she's not a villain, but a victim. She talked about how her character is different from Maria Jose on Sortilegio because she loses both parents early and is left with this older man who she ends up marrying. She showed off her engagement ring and talked about her fiancee Martin and how he proposed at a Fire and Ice event with a sign that said "Will you marry me?" She was kind of shocked and couldn't answer right away, leaving the poor guy down on one knee in the snow with fireworks going off.
• Stop the presses! William Levy is the episode with Belinda and he won't be a nice guy! This oughtta be good!
• Maite Perroni, Diana Bracho, and Luz María Aguilar will all be in an episode together as a daughter, mother, and grandmother.
• Aleyda Nuñez will be in "Elvira and Mercedes, Justicieras" with Yolanda Andrade. She talked about doing the filming in the center of the DF. Mercedes is blinded by her love for a man and doesn't see that he's been abusing her daughter. They all joke some more about how ugly everyone looked on screen and Adela adds that on top of everything else she got a huge mosquito bite. She talked about doing about 3 weeks of table reads, studying the characters and their psychology. She thought about how she wanted to show the character, not just externally, but what shows in her eyes, how she speaks. She enjoyed working with Yolanda, but said there were times she was so funny it took her out of character. She talked about playing Gardenia and how it was fun to work with Fernando Colunga. She hopes she can show different characters every time she's on screen and said she's finishing up a new telenovela, Cuando me Enamoro, where her character Alfonsina will be nothing like Gardenia or Mercedces.
• www.novelasyseries.com has more info about the series.
• The episode Dulce Maria is in seems to have something to do with her sister-in-law coming on to her rather forcefully. We're told there will be an intense shower scene.
• William Levy and Belinda will be in an episode that looks like it's all in flashback--either that or it's about 60's reconstructionists. William Levy gets to have a threesome and beat on Belinda.
• The first episode will be Giselle Blondet's.
• Ana Barbara is singing the theme song this season, which she also wrote, "Alma Perdida." Ana said that it's not completely out of line to think that when people write songs, those songs must have something to do with their personal lives. For this particular song, she did write it before a painful incident in her personal life that she ended up going through a little after she wrote the song. She says the series itself has enough elements to pull from to write the song. She doesn't like to be "aggressive" in her lyrics, but the series made up for that. The song is a song about pain, but pain that any woman could feel at being abandoned by a parent or a lover or from fighting with her kids. Jacqueline talked about having to lip synch to the song for promos, but she liked it so much she couldn't help actually singing the song. She makes cracks about her voice, but Ana Barbara tells her she's so pretty no one would care.
• Ana Barbara sang the theme song live. I was prepared not to like it because I LOVED the one for Season 2, but it's ok. I think it will grow on me. However, her backup dancers had me thinking "Madonna called from the 80's and she wants her wardrobe back!"
• Here are the lyrics and translation for "Alma Perdida"
Soy la que siempre se entrego al amor (I'm the one who always gave herself to love)
La que ha sufrido sin una razon (The one who's suffered for no reason)
Quien predico sin una bendicion (Who preached with no blessing)
Soy la que humillada suplico perdon (I'm the one who begged for forgiveness, humiliated)
Mi fe perdida me dejo una herida (My faith lost, leaving me a wound)
No habia otra salida, no habia redencion (There was no way out, there was no redemption)

Tan injusto es mi pasado (My past is so unfair)
La condena esta a mi lado (The sentence is by my side)
Tengo culpa (I'm guilty)
Siento que ahora yo (I feel that now I)
Solo soy… (Am only)

Un alma perdida (A lost soul)
En mis manos se te fue la vida (In my hands your life left)
Tu recuerdo la enterro perdida (Your memory is buried and lost)
Me gritaban voces asesinas (Murderous voices screamed at me)
Proclamando que ahora soy (Proclaiming that now I am)
Un alma perdida (A lost soul)

Soy la que ocultó su miedo por verdad (I'm the one who hid her fear for truth)
Quien de rodillas imploro piedad (Who on her knees begged for mercy)
La que jugo a perder su libertad (Who risked losing her freedom)
Hoy crucificada de mi voluntad (I've crucified my will)
Le pido a dios que no me de su ausencia (I ask god not to leave me [not to give me his absence])
Pido por clemencia ya no puedo más (I ask for clemency and I can't do it anymore)

Tan injusto es mi pasado...

Un alma perdida...

Un alma perdida...

Perdida...

Labels:


Comments:
Responses to previous inquiries:

@Julie: It's only on once a week, so that makes it a little easier. You could do it over the weekend, just have it up before the next week's episode. The closed captions have a really hard time keeping up with this one, plus people are even worse about speaking clearly and loudly on this one than TN's--recapping this one is a great way to challenge yourself!

@novelera: This one tends to get less attention and commenting than others...maybe it's the darkness of the subject matter? But if you have a favorite actress, it might be fun to do just that one!

I'm calling dibs on the William Levy and Belinda episode. I cannot wait to see him show his darker side!
 

Thanks for posting this. I watched the interview and I can imagine that every novela actress wants to do this series.

It annoys me, though, that so many of the blondes end up dying their hair black.

I did read elsewhere that next season will be the last. Anyone have any more info on that?
 

Thanks for posting. The list of actresses sounds fascinating as usual for this series. I wish I could watch, but the violence is a bit too much for me.

I'm not familiar with Yolanda Andrade, but it was actually Barbara Mori who played Rubí in the 2004 version of Rubí.
 

I just reread the original post and want to add that Maria Rojo was in Season 1 of MA as "Emilia, Cocinera" (a Mexican Mrs Lovett). Kika Edgar was la ponzonosa's victim and that was a very ugly episode.

I look forward to comments here because I don't know anyone in private life who watches this. My former colleagues all said they couldn't handle it.

BTW, for anyone who has HBO Latino, tonight they start reruns of Epitafios.
 

Yolanda Andrade starred with Helena Rojo and Diana Bracho in "Retrato de Familia," which was an awesome Lucy Orozco novela in the mid-'90's, as one might imagine. Yolanda is striking.
 

5ft: Before I say mil gracias...want you to know that I really like your new foto! It is so very lovely and very,very flattering! Your hair looks beautiful! Congratulations!!!

I've never watched Mujeres Asesinas only because I assumed it was about violence against women. Don't ask me where I got the idea, but it is hard for me to watch those types of programmes.

Your in depth outline of this series is very interesting Kat...I might want to see some of these women in different roles.

Thank you so much! That was a HUGE amount of effort on your part. please know that it is appreciated.

Susanita
 

UA: very OT, but I don't think Kat would mind...please don't give up on your 'project'!!!

Susanita
 

@UA: I wonder if this is to make them look older, less well-maintained, or just reinforce the stereotype of brunette bad girls?

@Anon 8:31: I'll defer to you on this one. I was trying to get more info from IMDB, especially because with hair color changes and lack of makeup I didn't always recognize the actresses. IMDB is not so concerned with my needs and in fact often had the actresses' names misspelled!

@Susanita: Gracias y gracias! Everyone's a fan of the new headshots...including potential agents!

And what project? Cause I'm sure I wouldn't mind, but I've checked back over several comments here and on Triunfo and I can't find a reference to UA's project which I'm sure I would be in support of!
 

Thanks for the summary 5ft, I don't get Sal y Pimienta so it was interesting to hear about the actor's experiences. By the way, I hadn't seen your new picture until Susanita mentioned it. You look gorgeous! wow!

On a side note, if you liked Trevi's style on MA I think you will enjoy the credits of Teresa if Univision ever decides to air it.

I actually thought this season was uneaven but some episodes were great. Several cases this season were extremely well known so the little changes they made were more evident.

I don't know what Jackie was talking about when she said they made her look bad, I thought she looked beautiful even without the make up.

Yolanda Andrade was also a great villain in "Los Hijos de la Calle". She stopped acting a while ago, when she became a tv host (which made her much more successful and popular in México). She is quite a firecracker and can't let a couple of minutes pass by without a joke.


Jarocha
 

I'd really like to do the one with Diana Bracho, if no one else has claimed it yet.

But I'm not picky - I'll also take another episode that no one else wants. (You can't always tell by the synopsis and cast whether it's going to be a good one or not!)
 

5ft: I see you have a new photo on the sidebar. Now that's more like it.

And, thanks for previewing this series. I've never watched it, but, now you have piqued my curiosity.
 

Kat: I am SO glad to hear that agents are calling you! This is super fantastic! We will all be able to say...'we knew her in her recapper days!!!' I am VERY happy for you!!

UAs project is a Spanish version of "Dark Shadows". We talked about it on the last few threads over at STuD. You've got to see her proposed list of actors.

I think it is truly a wonderful idea. I didn't realise this until UA had mentioned it, but Dark Shadows was a huge hit in Mexico. Can you imagine if someone like Carla Estrada did this?!

I support UA 100% in this as I most seriously think it would be a HUGE hit. It would be SO different from the usual TN fare.

UA...do not let us down!!!

Susanita
 

Susanita, as soon as I get back to work I will find out how this has to be done. I wish I could write in Spanish so I could write the opening two scripts, but I think I need to outline the story at the very least. I am already wondering what the story rights would cost from Dan Curtis' estate.

As for the role of "Victoria Winters" I am now thinking that alternate choices could be Danna Garcia or Lisette Morelos, depending on what I ultimately think she should be like.

Let's not forget that this would need to be a big-budget production! Two creepy mansions, a cemetery,a small town, and an undetermined number of historical costumes of different periods will be expensive.

But I'm shocked that Televisa hasn't already done this.

5ftLatina, you're probably right about the intent of the dark hair. I think that dark hair on women whose complexions are better suited to blond makes them look somewhat washed-out and sickly in general and even more so without makeup.
 

UA: I say start with the outline and the rest will come (translation into Spanish). I had not thought about what it would cost to get those rights from Curtis' estate. I suppose I have been a bit pie in the sky, but I believe that if this is meant to be, it WILL happen.

It is surprising that no one has done anything about Dark Shadows, but it appears to me that the writers and producers of the current TN genre are loathe to depart from what they know will work. Somewhat parochial thinking, in my view, but things can change!

I'm just so glad to hear you've not given up on this idea of yours!!

Susanita
 

Just off the top of my head, I would say first thing is find out how to protect your idea, then find out what the proper channels are for a submission. Some people won't look at unsolicited submissions. And then there's the issue of what do they want for a submission--no sense putting together an entire script if what they need is a 2-page summary, etc. I love the idea and I'd be happy to work on the translating, at least as a first-pass with someone else doing an edit.
 

As long as nobody else had the same idea I think I'm safe. Unless someone from any of the networks reads this blog...

MegaTV did a vampire miniseries with Chayanne two years ago. I have no idea how many viewers it had, but it is available on DVD, which I bought because I didn't get that network at the time. You can watch it free here:

http://www.megainfinity.net/gabriel-amor-inmortal.html
 

I think dyed dark hair looks harsher as you get older if it's not your natural color. I tried it a few years ago and it aged me worse than if I had just stuck with my uneven gray and white streaks in my mousy-colored hair.

So if the purpose of putting these mujeres asesinas in dark hair is to make them look harsher and colder, then it just seems like overkill.
 

Attention, Vampire Fans:

If we need any more evidence that a Spanish Dark Shadows would be a screaming success, here is the opening episode of Chile's Conde Vrolock:

http://www.dalealplay.com/informaciondecontenido.php?con=228742

I hope the entire series is available at this site.
 

Kat: I am thrilled that there will be recaps on this! I watched before you started recapping these singlehandedly yourself. You did an amazing job.

My interest: 10. Spanish comprehension: 1. If I were able to recap, I would do so in a heartbeat but alas, cannot.

Thanks to you and everyone else for offering to do these. It's greatly appreciated. Julie, I always enjoyed your recaps and look forward to reading them again.

Also, congratulations on your career success - you deserve it!

Diana
 

Oh Kat, I just noticed your new pic on the sidebar. I am really amazed by the difference!!
 

I'm so happy Mujeres Asesinas is starting again this week.

I can't wait to see William's,Maite's and Jackie B's episodes. One actress who also should bring the crazy is Cynthia Klitbo she's known for playing crazy characters.

Is this the last season for this series because i read that it's based on a series that was produced from another country.
 

I think Argentina did the original, but I find it hard to believe that Mexico doesn't have enough of the right type of true crime stories to create new scripts from.

Of all the past ones, which did you find the most shocking? I think the most shocking due to casting was Natalia Esperon's episode and the most shocking story was Nailea Norvind's.
 

UA, the one I found most shocking was in Season 1, the one with the young woman they had chained up in a barn and then put her somewhere where she was bitten by venomous snakes. I can't remember too much else. I have a bit of a snake phobia, so that one bothered me a lot. Anyone else remember more details?

The asesina in this one was a truly evil bruja who was keeping these girls as sex slaves or something for her sons.
 

Novelera i was thinking of the same one i couldn't sleep peacefully for awhile after i saw that episode there was something so disturbing about it even when i just think about it, it leaves me with a touched by horror feeling.


I remember it i think it was her uncle who gave her away to the family's older son as his wife or girlfriend i couldn't remember if they were married. The father figure or uncle was raping the girl being looked on by the mother who was some type of witch doctor evil spiritualist of a cult leader.They had some sort of type sick relationship where he had some type of strap cutting off the circulation in her leg.

The younger brother was special and he drew pictures and tried to help the girl escape.

While all the episodes have been shocking i think the only episode that has come close to me as very disturbing and leaving a deep impression was the episode in season two with the actress who played Jimena on CS as girl who was kidnapped and made into a prostitute.
 

Blu, it's interesting that you were bothered by the one where the girl ends up as a prostitute. It WAS disturbing, but didn't bother me as much as the snake one. As I remember it, she fell for this guy whose job was to make young girls fall in love with him and then drive them somewhere that they thought was a vacation and instead to this house of prostitution where they'd be slaves. But she got him back good. If there was ever anyone who deserved to be murdered on these shows it was that guy.

Regarding the snake one, I had forgotten the part about the uncle basically wanting to get rid of the girl and forcing her to marry that older son. I do remember that at the end of that show they showed dots in a map where they'd killed more than a dozen other girls. Whoever that actress was playing the bruja she was scary to the max.
 

@Julie: Diana Bracho is all yours, whenever she shows up :D
 

Novelera well i know the guy she fell in love with was used as someone who did that to make the girls fall for him and then bring them back to that mansion where they were made into prostitutes.

What was disturbing was her rape from the head guy and the non-reaction from all of the girls who heard her screams and yells for help. It was like they were trying to disassociate themselves from what was happening to her but they all had experienced the same thing themselves.

That scene alone left a very deep impression on me i found that this episode was after the one you mention before the second most disturbing episode for me of the whole series. If i recall a lot of people where applauding the acting from the actress who later played Jimena in CS from this episode. She is now the lead in the novela Teresa which is sort of like Rubi.
 

I know enough about human trafficking to not have been surprised or shocked by anything in that episode, including the Stockholm Syndrome behavior of some of the girls. Therefore, I was cheering for Soledad to do that guy in. After that she did six years and was young enough to still have a life afterward.

The bruja with the snakes was shocking and disgusting. I had just seen The DaVinci Code and recognized the cilice worn by the bruja. Talk about mortification of the flesh... that thing would ultimately cause gangrene. We're talking certifiably insane.

I also have a snake phobia, so the forensic tech's comments about how the snake was used as a weapon because they don't do multiple bites in nature gave this possibly the most creepy element of the season.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder