Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Llena de Amor #121 (Mex. 126) Wed 2/2/11 The Big Sleep

Major Crankypants checking in here. I thought tonight was a big snooze but maybe some of you will disagree with me and we can get a red-hot discussion going. As far as actual events go, MV and Eman engage in red-hot smooches which leads to a job.
Oliver and GretelMan engage in red-hot smooches which leads to a firing. Emiliano and Netty reminisce about their red-hot smooches and he promises one day he'll break free of Fedra and marry her. And that's it for romance. The only other major scene was the General torturing Bernardo by offering him a sip of water and then pouring it out instead, while promising to keep Bad Bernie imprisoned in the basement nether regions forever.

Well, the condom ad scene just about went on forever as well. Because there were numerous interruptions. As we ended yesterday, Netty had just stormed in, full of shock and awe at the smooch scene. Tonight it was Lorenzo, raising Cain and swearing he wouldn't have his daughter disrespected like that. Once he understood it was a film for an ad and they'd lose millions if they didn't please the client, he backtracked somewhat. But not before taking Emanuel aside and warning him that if he played Ilitia dirty , he would wind up dead. Dead, you hear me?

On to calmer terrain. Netty and Emiliano are cooing over the various photoshopped pics of Marianela's wedding. Well, Emi's cooing and rumbling. Netty's lamenting that she wasn't there to share Marianela's joy and give her advice on marriage (interesting thought since Netty has never been married herself. Guess we'll have to assume that she has some extensive romantic experience though, San Antoñio notwithstanding). Emi remarks on how the important thing is that Mari has married someone successful and making a good salary. Why do we always end up talking about money?! snaps Netty. The only thing Marianela needs is love. (Take notes, folks. That telenovela key concept will be on the final.)

Back to the red-hot bed and the red-hot smooches. There are so many thought bubbles in the air, it's a wonder their lips can connect. She's thinking " I love you Emanuel." He's thinking "We can't go on hiding what we feel!" Meantime, the lips, the arms, the hands....are all busy. And presumablyy every hormone in their respective bodies are going Biiiiinnnnggggooooo!
As soon as Jorge says "Corte" (cut) though, Mari grabs her robe and races off. Emanuel has that bewildered Whassup? look on his face.

As does Brandon when he learns, listening to Muñeca's phone conversation with Ilitia, that Ms. Top Model is off to Paris. A rather poignant conversation follows as Muñeca tries to find out just what Brandon's intentions are with her daughter. Well, nothing. She's off-limits. Too fine for the likes of me. She's in the world of famous names, fine cars, pedigrees high-falutin' folks. I know my place and it's not amidst all that fuss (faramalla). I'm a street guy (callejero) and besides, she's done nothing but diss me, humiliate me and call me an animal since the day I met her. Somehow, after saying all that, Brandon looks as lovesick and wistful as ever. So let's keep our fingers crossed!

Now back to MVicky. She's twisting in the wind, determined to keep up the farce of Victoria and the "maraña de mentiras" (web of lies) she's constructed, even though Doris reminds her any 6-year-old could photoshop wedding pictures and that proves nothing. Then we have some tears and mucho whining. Her punishment for all this will be to never be able to love Emanuel even though she knows now he didn't try to poison her and didn't cheat on her with Ilitia. Ah yes, but he's betraying you NOW with Ilitia, points out Doris. Well, no...he says he hasn't touched her since the wedding. Doris looks dubious. Just then the door opens. It's Emanuel. Why are you crying? he asks. More confused looks.

After the ads, we have our one delicious treat. A little torture scene with Bernardo. The General plays it to perfection, taking a sip from the water bottle while Bernie pants and begs. Then offering it to him briefly before turning and pouring it out on the ground instead.
That was the entrée. For dessert, he promises Bernardo not just two years locked up in his den but an entire lifetime. Take that you hound! Your punishment for your vile treatment of my daughter Gretel.

Said daughter, complete with mustache and wig, is in Oliver's office and one thing leads to another and next thing you know they're rolling around on the floor kissing each other. The Comisario enters at just that time, judges that it's inappropriate and unprofessional and totally the last straw! The drunken binges, the lapses in proper police behavior (like not wearing bullet-proof vests) the late arrivals and now this!...He's sorry but this is it. Hand over your badge (placa) and your gun (arma). You're fired (despedido). Oliver is devastated.

So is Emanuel. Devastated by the power of the attraction he's feeling for Vicky and her smoldering kisses. And he felt her response as well.

E- So what's the problem? You has no commitments.
M/V- No, but I respect other people's property. And you belong to another woman.
E - Is it just me?...or do you feel what I'm feeling?
M/V - I'll never fall in love again.
E - Who hurt you? It was Jorge, right? When he married your best friend Marianela.

M/V thinks back to the pain she felt when she walked in and saw Emanuel at the altar with Ilitia and saw him marrying HER!....not ME!... Emanuel, still wondrously clueless, murmurs that if only Marianela hadn't left, Vicky could be with her Jorge right now and he'd be happily married to his gordita. So we're both tied to our past, he concludes, but maybe we should be turning to each other instead.

M/V looks like she has a headache, listening to this. And well she should. What a mess she's made of it.

Oliver too. But he's scrambling as fast as he can trying to extricate himself. You're like a father to me, Comisario, he bleats. You can't do this. But alas el Comisario can. With his tail between his legs, Oliver and his faithful Pollito trudge out. Bummer.

Back to our protagonistas. Emanuel is arguing for the relentless implacable force of Passion. We can't control this. Our kisses are like nothing in this world. This flow of soul is interrupted by an asthma attack (guess an inhaler will always be on the bedside table with this couple) and as he fumbles in Vicky's purse for that contraption, he's transported back to the time he helped Marianela find hers. After some deep gulps, M/V settles down. What a scare you gave me, Marianela! gasps Emanuel. Let's pause now while they both look impactados. Manny's brain cells are starting to whir. Your way of kissing, your fragrance, your smile, your gaze. I don't want to believe those wedding photos were doctored but there is so much resemblance. No puede ser. No puede ser! Nope, no puede...Vicky smoothly claims that she and Marianela were together so much they started acting alike. And, as a matter of fact, they met because of their mutual asthma. Lots of folks have this condition y'know. And we both suffered an attack in a class we were taking. Both had to bolt for the inhalers. Ended up laughing about it afterwards. Blah blah blah. Emanuel's on track though. Forget the asthma stories. All he knows is he wants to be with her, wants to kiss her, wants to...And as he moves in for another scorching beso, who should walk in the friggin' door but Jorge. Cool as a cucumber of course. Am I interrupting? says Mr. Urbane. Let's leave this delicate situation for a moment and get back to our middle-aged lovers, Emiliano and Netty. Equal time for the oldsters, sez I!

He's apparently explaining his failure to move ahead with the divorce from Fedra on grounds that he just too worried about his children. Gretel especially. Netty assures him Gretel is fine but she respects her wish to stay hidden for now.
Emiliano's also grateful for how Netty has helped and welcomed Axel into her life. Well, I can't help loving your children just as if they were my very own replies Netty. Oh my. Clearly these two are meant for each other. Netty will have all the joys of children and none of the stretch marks. Not a bad deal.

And not a bad deal that Jorge is offering either. He wants Emanuel and M/V, with their fantastic chemistry, to be the prototype couple for his Healthy Lifestyle campaign. They'll be a couple who motivate each other to stay fit, work out together, a mutually supportive life full of laughter and kisses. And new duds. Yep, no tired old wardrobe rags for them. He wants them to go out tomorrow morning and shop for new clothes for themselves to wear in the campaign.

After Emanuel leaves, M/V asks the question we've all been asking. Why are you practically throwing me into Emanuel's arms? she queries. Because....if nothing happens, then perhaps I have a hope that one day you will accept me at your side, reasons Jorge. He's dead wrong but hey, if it helps the plot, we'll go along with this delusional thinking.

Delusional. Now there's a good word to describe Consuelo. Here's her latest trick to ensnare Brandon. Javi, her kid, is sent down to plead her case. She's been in bed all day. Won't eat. But if Brandon will just go see her, maybe she'll perk up. The lame arm-twisting works. Consuelo, her little nose peeking over the bedsheets, pleads for Brandon to stop ignoring her.
How about the three of them going out to eat. Okay, but just as friends, cautions Brandon. And zap, just like that, Consuelo jumps out of bed, already in her glad rags...just a moment to add the earrings and she's good to go. Oh my. Let's bring back Ilitia from Paris pronto!

There are three other people out to eat in a restaurant (will it be the same one? I doubt it) Jorge, M/V and Netty are supping in an upscale place, ready to sample a fine Spanish wine Mr. Ubanity recommends, and exchanging mutual compliments. Netty still doesn't understand why Marianela hasn't put in an appearance. When M/V starts to explain, she insists that she let Mari's husband answer instead. Which Jorge does quite gracefully. Yes, Mari is in Mexico but not in Mexico City. She's taking a vacation, a bit of a retreat, in order to think things over and to summon the strength to face her family again. But, she did give me this present for you, he adds, handing over a book about Modern Techniques of Acting. Netty playfully bristles and asks if they're trying to tell her she's outdated, behind the times (caduca). No, no...this is just something new they thought might interest her. Well what interests her is whether or not Marianela is happy. Ah, replies Jorge, I'll be frank. She is right now trying to decide if she wants me beside her or if she is still in love with Emanuel. Cue big impactados eyes for Miss Netty.

Now we find ourselves back at the mansion, enjoying both Nereida and Fedra's discomfiture at Bernardo's absence. They're rifling through his chest of drawers but nothing is missing. Fedra does the required clothes sniffing number. Truly I do not understand this but it's always symbolic of deep affection and distress. Which has its limits. Stop sniveling, Fedra snaps at Nereida. Now I'm gonna have to go off and distract myself. You've upset me!

Clearly it's the next morning, because Emanuel and M/V, clad in some skin-tight well....tights,
are gazing up at a clothing store....the very same store where M/V in her gordita era, was humiliated by Ilitia and Kristel. Emanuel is tapping into the same memories as he remembers mistakenly barging into Mari's dressing room instead of Ilitia's. And I'm remembering how much I hated this show at the beginning with all the fat jokes. But moving on...M/V starts to model some clothing for Eman. First a skin-tight beige knit number. I think it's smashing. Emanuel doesn't. Then an equally skin-tight fussy black number. Negative. I'm not familiar with various Latino gestures, but one Emanuel is making, a back and forth wave under his chin, reminds me of a French gesture which means "boring". He does a another circular motion with his hand which I'm guessing means "so-so". But I'm not sure. Jarocha, are you out there? Help us if you know.

Meanwhile, help is on the way back at the boarding house. Oliver is grieving the loss of his job but thinking he could maybe work as a taxi driver or a guard (velador). In sails Netty, delighted to see our two lovers and chortling that what the world needs is more Kisses, more Love! Well those kisses got him fired, laments Gretel. Esto no se queda asi! (fig. This ain't gonna happen!) yelps Netty. That's discrimination. We'll soon take care of that!

So where do we stand now? Back at the clothing shop I mean. Well, seems M/V is trying on a bathing suit. She's concerned it's too small. Emanuel argues for world peace and conservation. Gotta save material doncha know? C'mon out. Don't be shy. She does. He babbles. Loses his breath. Babbles some more. Eyes glaze over. Asks her to turn around. More babbling. Walks around her himself. Babble babble babble.

And in walks Mama Fedra. Shocked. But not speechless. Emanuel, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?
And with that deep philosophical question, we end.

Previews:

Gladiola asks Brandon if he wants "cuernitos" for dinner. I think this is a play on words. "Cuernos", horns, signifies infidelity. "Cuernitos" I think are like croissants. Guess she's giving him grief for going out with Consuelo.
And Lorenzo is still trying to do some red-hot smooching of his own with Kristel. Eeeewwwww. My eyes!


Vocabulary:
faramalla = fuss
callejero = street guy, naco
maraña de mentiras = tangle of lies, web of lies
me dejó mal = left me bad off, devastated me, bothered me....Emanuel, talking about the power of his kisses with Vicky filming the ad
ota jalón = another pull....Emanuel, urging Vicky to take another gulp from her inhaler
tino = judgment, good sense, tact, sensitivity...Netty, praising the aptness of Marianela's gift to her
caduca = outdated, behind the times, expired
velador = watchman, guard
esto no se queda asi = fig. we won't put up with that. no way!
cuernitos = croissants?
placa = badge
arma = weapon, gun

Dicho of the Day

Quien de su casa se aleja, no la halla como la deja. He who leaves his house will not find it the same when he returns. (Could apply to Ilitia who has left for Paris, leaving Emanuel and M/V to give free rein to their passion.....perhaps? We shall see.)

Labels:


Comments:
Hi folks. Still can't connect to the Delicious site to tag this. Help appreciated. Sorry.
 

Tagged! Don't despair Judy. I think this episode was just setting us up for other stuff, but your recap was wonderful as always!
 

I saw these 3 pics of some of Llena actors goofing around. I thought you all would find them funny. They mainly feature Dee and Axel: http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pictures/slideshow?site=vinette&page=vinette&album=1553
 

Judy, great recap as usual. Thanks do much. Always appriciate your vocabulary
 

Great job, Judy. I thought the incessant interruptions of the condom commercial were funny, but as apparently you did, I finally grew weary and just wanted it to be over... though probably no more so than Jorge... had to be torture for him.

And speaking of torture, I found myself feeling pity for Bernard. The rats were fine, but thirst is quite another matter. I know... wimpyyyy.

I thought that last black outfit looked great on Vicky and Netty was gorgeous in that black and white number that she had on tonight.

Gotta hand it to Consuelo, she is not afraid to use all her resources... including her son.

You're right, it was a ho hum episode but certainly not so as far as your recap is concerned. As usual, you sparkled.

Hope you and everyone else here are safe and warm tonight.

Carlos
 

Well, Judy, I haven't seen the episode yet, but I couldn't wait to find out what happened, and it didn't seem boring at all in your recap! Excellent useful vocabulary, too. And super-blech on the Kristel/Low smooching.

Are you all surviving the storms? We had LOVELY weather here. I'm actually not too far from home, just out on the Washington coast. We finished our work early today so I had time to take a long walk on the beach before sunset, and it was sunny and not even windy! Not bad at all for February. Although I did get a tad sunburned while surveying buildings.

Jorge's really grown on me in a few episodes. I like a man who's cool and collected and in control. Courteous, not cruel.
 

Poor Jorge, he had the exasperated air of a professional who is not used to dealing with rank amateurs. Welcome to the RydeT Agency my friend. With all his "professionalism" I'm still surprised he's throwing MV at Eman. Seems silly to me.

Bernardo seemed quite surprised to hear that Gretel is Tio Max's daughter. I'm sure he'll use that information if and when he breaks out of the basement.

I've decided that I would definitely want Netty on my side. She's a lioness.

Judy, I didn't think this episode was too much of a dud. Not as exciting as some but there was a lot of setup for future activity.

I like the word 'caduca'. Thanks Judy!! Doesn't matter if the episode lagged (I don't think it did) because your recap is top notch as usual.

Vivi, I love those pics. Good for you for running across them and for sharing with us.
 

Judy, the episode was okay by me, not really dull, but slow in places. I liked the sweet scene with Emil and Netty. But your recap was a lot of fun, and your vocabulary list amazing. I loved “My eyes!” at the end.

I’m not going for Jorge to the point that I’m surprised that he’s doing the right thing. There’s something off-putting about him, arrogance maybe. He doesn’t seem good-hearted. I guess I can’t put my finger on it..

Carlos, at least if Bernardo doesn’t get any water he won’t have to go!
 

As always, wonderful recap Judy. catching up before I head out into the frigid cold this morning. Office is open today, oh joy! Will check in more later, but have to say, I still enjoyed this episode, especially with M/V and Eman starting to move towards each other and she is no longer doing the whiney, witchy routine. That alone is enjoyable.

I think we got so use to the action packed craziness the last week that a somewhat slower episode is a major downer. I'm sure it'll get crazy again.

ok- gotta do my Nanook of the North imitation and head out. Argh!
 

Morning all, sorry to hear some of you have to go back to work but glad to hear the weather is letting up somewhat.

Judy, I really like your dicho of the day. How true it is and it can apply to several of our characters. What will Ilitia find when she returns home? Did Jorge find Mari to be as he expected? Who and what will be around to greet Bernardo if he ever gets free? The list goes on.
 

Judy, the pictures were amazing. I thought your vocabulary and dicho were not only wonderful but meshed perfectly with the episode. Red-hot smooches indeed! Marvelous amiga - gracias.

I roared at "Netty will have all the joys of children and none of the stretch marks". I also enjoyed "shock and awe" and " Brandon looks as lovesick and wistful as ever". :)

I'm with Julia - I like Jorge (a reversal of what I thought originally).

Sylvia, I was a little surprised Max let the cat out of the bag concerning Gretel. Retribution will be swift when he gets out. I say when as I fear we have too many episodes to go for him to be rat kibbles indefinitely.

Netty and Emiliano are so sweet together.

Carlos, you are kinder than I. I felt pity for Bernardo for a few seconds, but quickly forgot it once I remembered how terrible Gretel's life was for 2 years.

thanks for the pictures Vivi!

Kristel and Low? Blech. Double Blech. Don't know if it hurts my eyes or stomach more.

We've been deluged with snow and ice here in MA. I also hope everyone is safe and warm.

Diana
 

Thanks for the recap Judy. Though you may not have enjoyed the episode, your recap was top notch.

Ok, with Low and Kristel "interacting" so much I've got to believe she's either Emil's daughter or Bernie's otherwise ..... (que the heck).

Thanks for the pics Vivi.
 

Isn't it interesting that Max saw fit to tell Bernardo that Gretel is his and Paula's daughter but yet he hasn't shared that same information with Paula? A bit like Doris knowing the truth about Marivic but not her favorite aunt, Netty.

We're due to have a few snowflakes here in Houston beginning this afternoon so of course the entire city will be shut down tomorrow.

Be careful out in that sun, Julia.

Carlos
 

Carlos, I like your comment about Max's revelation to Bernie. The only thing I can figure is he honestly believes that he'll be able to keep Chief Rat locked up for a very long time. (And by TN law, we know that won't happen.)And be careful tomorrow!

Again Judy, reading through once again, I enjoyed all your quips, many mentioned already. I too thought Brandon so sweet and wistful admitting how he sees himself in relation to Ilitia, but maybe now that's he's told Muneca and she is on better terms with her daughter, she can help Ilitia see what a great guy he is.

I'm definitely of the mind with those who say no way is Kristel Low's daughter like we had speculated. Maybe she will turn out to be the one true spawn of Fedra and Emi (the one he has the least closeness to).Otherwise, whatever writer is having these two tangoing around each other, and then decides to make a parental relationship needs to be slapped up the side of the head.
If they aren't going that route, and put those two together, how ironic would it be to have Low fall hard for Fedra's daughter of all people. Low-you've seen her little toybox already-I'd be careful
 

Thanks for tagging and for those cute pics, Vivi. The actors are all adorable and it was even nice to see Nereida smiling in a genuine way, rather than her usual evil smirk.

@Carlos...there ya go. I loved the beige outfit. You liked the black. Can never tell what's going to ring those chimes. Although clearly, for Emanuel, it was the bathing suit....hands down.
 

Pata...thanks for stopping by. Hope to get to read your Eva recap soon. More dark doins' over there, I guess.

@Julia...at last you're getting some great weather! Seems like you had cold and rainy all summer when we were basking in the sun (or wilting in the heat) so you're due, lady. Agree...Kristel and Lorenzo...Super Blech.
 

@Sylvia..."Lioness"...great way to describe Netty. Yes, she is definitely Scrappy Do when it comes to defending those she considers her own. I'm sure she'll straighten out el Comisario in double-quick time.

Surprised that Bernardo didn't know about Gretel's parentage. Guess Fedra doesn't tell him everything.

@Maggie...nice call on Jorge. Yesss, there's something off-putting about him and it's not just the accent. Almost sadistic and voyeuristic the way he's throwing Vicky and Emanuel together. Too cool, too detached. Definitely makes vulnerable puppy dog Emanuel look good in comparison. A gal could freeze to death married to Jorge.
 

Hey Sylvia...yes, that's a nice little dicho with lots of applications. Leave your post and it may not be there when you get back. Things change.

@Karen...Well, my money's on Emiliano as Kristel's father, just because Fedra enjoys knowing Bernardo yearns for her, but I don't think she ever lets him get more than that. Her own cruel little game. But I've been wrong before.

@Diana..."Rat Kibble". Love it. I'll always think of Bernardo that way. Kind of points to his true worth.

@Daisynjay...Even though Muñeca understands Brandon, and is very fond of him, she also seems committed to protecting her daughter's marriage. And who can blame her? Regardless of the calls of passion, we always (I think) want our children to behave with honor and integrity. So until Ilitia divorces, Brandon is clearly off-limits...in Muñeca's mind anyway.

@Carlos...snowflakes in Houston!? No puede ser. Actually the folks in Chicago laugh at US, because we shut down schools with a measly 5 or 6 inches of snow. You need 17 inches for Chicago schools to take a break. Wimpiness is relative. And oh my...did you REALLY feel sorry for Bernardo? Come to think of it, the taunting was almost more cruel than the lack of water. Poor Gretel did get food and drink on a regular basis, as I recall.

As for not telling Paula, the General has been reprehensible across the board in his treatment of her. No marriage. Withholding vital information about their daughter. Continuing the servant/master relationship with a little extra snuggling tucked in. He's not much better than his sister Carlota is he? Too much arrogance. Not enough lovingkindness. Must be genetic.
 

The closer Kristel and Low get to getting it on, the less I believe she is his daughter. Although I wish the writers had taken that route. She's the worst of Fedra's kids. It would make perfect sense that she's the spawn of those two. But, from the bits they keep flashing across the screen as previews, it looks like they are preparing some funny scenes with Kristel and Low.

Every time someone declares that they hate the RdT's (like Mari and even Dee after the benefit humiliation) I have to ask, who are they talking about? Fedra and Kristel are the only two evil ones. Everyone likes Gretel, Axel, Emiliano, Max, and Eman (only Mari had a problem with him and now that she knows the truth she doesn't). That only leaves two people (one of them not a RdT by birth). Heck, Mari is a RdT! Why can't they be more specific and say they want to bring down Fedra, and throw in some humilation for Kristel for kicks? That would be more accurate. But I guess it's more fun to say you hate a whole family and are going to bring them down.

It was nice to see the cast look so relaxed in those pics. All very cute, bright and shiny. The pics looked like my pics from college with my group of friends (minus the snake). I added the picture of Mari (Ariadne) in her braids after the initial 3. It must have been quite a lot of work for the stylists to do those cornrows every day for her and the Gretel actress, who both have a lot of hair. I like the final photo with Ariadne and Altiar (Ilitia) chowing down lunch, tortillas on the side, and Ari is reaching into Altair's plate to grab a bite. Looks like these ladies like to eat. Good for them. :)
 

@Vivi...yes, those pictures DID look collegiate in their wackiness and fun. Hopefully the actors had lots and lots of fun on the set, since Televisa filming seems to go on for very long hours and 6 to 7 days a week! according to Paula.

I'm hoping the corn rows didn't have to be done every day. As I understand it, when you wear it as a hair style, you shampoo your scalp but don't undo the rows until your next appointment with the beautician.

Interesting observation on the inaccurate "hate the Ruiz y de Teresa family" I guess it's just to emphasize the war between the classes. Rich folks...evil, cold, cruel, unfair
Poor folks, warm, loving, light-hearted, generous.

Okay. Lesson received. And Love is a smoldering Passion that cannot be denied. Forget your marriage and your class distinctions. Love Rules!
 

Loved the witty recap Judy. Mari has created a whole mess of things didn't she. I suppose she thought she would have the Vicky identity, get the goods on Fedra, and have her revenge. However, she didn't take into consideration the overpowering attraction she has for Eman and vice versa. What a tangled web indeed.

Jorge's reason for practically throwing Mari and Eman together is lame. When two people have a strong attraction for each other like Mari and Eman does, you don't throw them together and put them in provocative situations. He might as well light the match LOL.

I know what you mean Judy about how hard it was to watch this show in the beginning with the cruel fat jokes and bullying. I'm glad it has toned a bit now.

Loved Max giving Bernando a dose of the harsh treatment he gave Gretel. Couldn't happen to a nice fellow.
 

Hi Pirate Babe. Yes, clearly Jorge's actions are a plot device. No sane person would act that way in real life.

I had such a hard time getting into this novela at first, and those awkward reminiscence scenes reminded me of why. I still remember one of Maggie's great titles where she said "Well, this guy walks into a bar and says..." oh let's stop with the fat jokes! And FINALLY they did. Although Ilitia and Fedra still spew out their epithets and adjectives, the daily tormenting of Marianela has ceased. And looks like she has ceased HER daily tormenting of Emanuel. I's say a major bumping of carritos is just around the corner.
 

Great Recap JudyB!

I enjoyed the filming interruptions. I thought the one by Lowrenzo was particularly funny.

Listening to Emiliano purr sweet somethings at Netty - wow! What a voice OMG! I don't know if I have ever heard a voice like that.

The looks on Eman's face when he walked around behind VM wearing her swimsuit - it's great watching Eman go crazy.

Audrey
 

It's been great to catch up on novelas, with the 3-day snow day break from school/work I've gotten this week. But I have to agree with Judy B on this episode, it was a snoozer. I still have hopes for a great ending, but Maritoria is making a huge mess of it all. I wonder what levels of TN "suspension of disbelief" is going to be needed to make this all turn out all right in the end. . .
 

I always thought it was weird how everyone spews hatred about the Ruiz y de Teresa family, too. Like they're one solid mass of evil, when it's only Fedra and Kristel who are awful, and their Ruiz y de Teresa standings are in doubt (why hasn't Emil divorced Fedra already? Even he has realized she was obviously lying about the heart defect, and three out of four of his kids are in favor of a split. Even Kristel might be, knowing how skanky Fedra is).

But then, Marianela (herself, of course, a RydT) has never been too particular about carefully separating the innocent from the guilty and behaving accordingly. She didn't talk to her beloved Tia Netty for two years, and why? Because she lives in the same city as Fedra?
 

I'm curious about Jorge's motivations. I can imagine he's going to create a lot of trouble, but I don't think there's enough evidence now to convince me he's up to no good. Maybe he realizes he needs to get over Mari, and if he sees her happy with Emanuel he'll finally be convinced he doesn't have a chance and he can move on? Maybe he really does care about her enough to want her to be happy, and he's sick of her stupid games and so he's trying to be the catalyst to just get her back together with her one true love, already?
 

@Audrey...the actor who plays Emiliano could have three heads, all green, and he'd still be seductive. That voice is simply incredible. I've known several attractive people whose appeal was lost as soon as they opened their mouths, and others who became far more magnetic once you heard their voice. Clearly this guy won the gold when it came to vocal chords.

@La Chaparrita...how wonderful that you've been blessed by this wretched weather and could not only catch up but comment. I found myself getting quite impatient with the filler material in this one; also I realize I miss the cute romantic tension scenes between Brandon and Ilitia. When those two aren't interacting I get bored. Emanuel and Marianela, while both attractive, don't pique my interest the way those two do.

@Julia...Marianela's actions all along in this vengeance line have been weird. She could have at least arranged for some letters to be mailed to Netty from Europe. Or called her as Marianela rather than Vicky, on a "Marianela" cellphone. Odd. And certainly thoughtless.

Jorge. Still think he's just a cardboard figure. He hasn't been fleshed out by the writers. The original marriage proposal came out of the blue (for the viewers) and this perplexing behavior is also out of the blue. Moves the plot along for the Big Clinch but otherwise, his character has no color or substance.IMO
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder