Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Triumph of Panic - Introduction

¡Hola a Todos!

Let me introduce myself.

I am Sara.
And I'm an idiot the new recap-er (recapadora... I just made that up) for Wednesdays.

I'm a Spanish teacher living in the South. I promise I'll do my best, but Univision doesn't seem to have great closed captioning in my neck of the woods so sometimes I miss things. (Like 90% of Milagros' and JuanJo's lines...but I sort of tune them out...and LindaHO...but I pledge to you to pay closer attention.) I know, Spanish teachers should know everything. Ask me about South American and Spanish Literature, I may be able to help you. Apparently listening and speaking weren't that important waaaay back when I was studying in college.

(BTW, I use parenthetical statements a lot.)

I am looking forward to this ride. Y'all better, buckle up. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Sara, good luck! I'm eagerly awaiting your recaps. I hope that you enjoyed the same rather good CCs that we had here in Houston tonight. Stay safe and warm.

Carlos
 

Good luck Sara! You can do it!
 

Sara just giving up of your time in order to do this for us makes us grateful. We're also here to help out if necessary don't worry you have our full support.
 

Welcome Sara! It's great to have you on board. I don't watch TdA but it's fantastic to have you on the recapping team and it's wonderful to have a teacher in the group. What are some of your favorite literature recommendations for beginners?
 

Sara, great to have you with us!
La Paloma
 

Thanks everyone! I think I made it through my first recap fairly unscathed.

Can'n Silvia-hmmm lit recommendations for beginners. Since I teach in a high school, I rarely get that question since basically teens don't care that much (lol) How beginner are we talking? There are a lot of adaptations of literature designed for the beginning to intermediate language learner. Are you wanting one of those, or a legit not tinkered with work?
 

So you are a high school teacher, that's great. I know what you mean about the literature. My sis teaches high school French and the kids are more into movies and music than literature. To answer your question, doesn't matter to me if it's an adaptation or an original work. I was just wondering if you have any favorites reads you might recommend. If I can find it at the library so much the better. Short stories would be good too.
 

Thanks for helping out! We appreciate all the recaps, and I'm sure yours will be great!
 

Capnn Silvia:

Como Agua Para Chocolate

Quite frankly, I read People en espanol and TV y Novelas more than anything else. :-)
 

Thanks Sara. I loved the book in English and will try it in Spanish. I also picked up Isabel Allende's "Zorro". I usually read People en Espanol but recently purchased the latest TV y Novelas because Valentino Lanus is on the cover.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder