Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Triunfo del Amor #43 3/2/11 A Triumph of *Meh*

After last night's fiesta of flashbacks de filler, Viewerville prepares for another night. Will there or won't there be any forward motion in the plot?

As Univision finally begins tonight's show (about 5 minutes late), Oscar is pining away for Victoria. "For me, there is no one better than Victoria." The long suffering Toni swallows her tears, tells him she has things to attend to and leaves.

Vic and Os are at dinner discussing Fer, RTSB and Padilla. Os gives her the perfect opportunity to come clean: "If you know something about Padilla, tell me!" Vic meekly says she knows nothing. She doesn't know him. Os tells Vic Fer's happiness is what it most important. (As a parent, may I just say that's a load of crap? At 13 my child thought happiness would mean being Brittany Spears. Seriously, Os? Good character is more important than your child being happy.)

Finally, we get back to the baseball game and Max is on third. Too bad Ji/Xi/mena (hee hee, that made me laugh) wants to score! She covers his eyes and being the eye-closed idiot that he is, he kisses her for a good 10 or 15 minutes without realizing who it is. The baseball gang look on and cheer (what idiots, they've ALL seen Maria before.)

Maria sees this of course and is muy impactada. Max pulls away and I think he threw up a little bit. "Ji/Xi/mena? What are you doing here?"  JP is there to defend Max. He's sure Max was clueless as to who he was kissing and tells Maria "To get angry with him would be unjust."

Ji/Xi/mena tells him not to deny he liked her kisses. She's sure he hasn't felt the same as when he was with him(?) He pretty much kicks her to the curb aaaand.....

WHACK!!!!!!!!! Maria with a roundhouse be-yotch slap!!!!

María tells her to lay off her man. She and Max are getting married. Ji/Xi/mena says Victoria will never allow Max to marry "fly (mosca) like you!"

Maria slaps her once more for good measure and Max, being the businessman that he is, starts the damage control. He is successful. Smoochies and cheers.

Nati walks the streets remembering JuanJo's words from last night.

Max is pep-talking the baseball gang. They all decide to go eat. They leave the Padre in the dust...literally.

Toni and Vic are talking about Padilla. Toni reminds Vic that Fer could really be in a lot of danger. Vic says she needs something to defend herself against them. She really thinks this Eva woman could help.

Speaking of which, Eva and Fausto are discussing Vic now. Fausto is concerned that Vic can ruin all their plans, but Eva thinks having an ally will help. The more enemies Burnie has the better.

Milagros, tortas ahogadas and  a conversation about Nati. I manage to gather she left without her books. Very puzzling indeed.

Fer, Linda and RTSB. MAKEOVER!!! RTSB is reluctant.

Oh for pity's sake. Nati is on a roof yelling and screaming. JuanJo is trying to talk her down. He promises if she'll come down they'll talk. She keeps screaming. She wants to die. ¡Morirme! (And she's wearing the ugliest pants I've ever seen.)

Ok. This is too much. Her acting is terrible and I'm just so annoyed right now. Really, Mejía? We really can't take much more stupidity. Nati has been the voice of reason and now she's acting like a drama queen. *seethe*

We come back from commercial break to a RandomHO crying outside the church. JP enters and asks if he can help. She says he can't understand her pain and he yammers about men not being able to understand the pain women suffer. Just like it takes a mother to understand the pain of another mother. She reveals that she is Lorena, a sinner  "I'm not bad. I'm a woman who lost my way." She wanted an easy life, money...she sold her body. But she wants a career change. Her dad was a carpenter...but a woman carpenter? In the 21st century? Surely we aren't ready for that kind of upside down thinking about gender? (I'm thinking either it's Max's mom  or the love interest for the chipmunk guy.)

M&M in the Lime green Hot Wheel. They are told by a bombero to take a different route. María has a strong feeling that something is wrong.

JP, Lorena and orphans FF>>

M&M are on the scene of Nati's hysteria. Don Napo tells Nati he and Cruz know everything about LindaHo and that they will set the record straight if she will just come the hell down from the blasted roof. Max sneaks up from behind and saves her (but we are still being subjected to her screams of anguish. Just.Shut.Up.)

The Padillas have apparently hired a butler (He's no Braulio) and he's welcoming the Sandovals into the lovely Padilla apartment. Vic looks sick to her stomach. RTSB's makeover is complete and he looks pretty cute. I'm sure he's still a jerk, though. Padilla still looks oily. Padilla opens champagne while Vic tries her best not to vomit on the coffee table.

Nati is sleeping thanks to a sleeping pill. Linda feels bad and María goes off. She tells LInda she never thinks of anyone else, just herself. She tells Linda if it hadn't been for "mi Max" and the bomberos ...didn't catch it. Linda cries even harder. She doesn't know what to do. She loves Os and doesn't want to leave him.

Max is at home and we get another flashback entitled "Max and Maria: A History" (Maite sure has pretty hair. And their theme song is so nice.) When the filler is done Max thoughtbubbles: "Dios, who would've thunk I would have fallen so in love with that little uniformed girl." (Seriously loses something in translation.)

Back to the show and the dinner party from hell. Padilla goes on about his business success and attempts charm. He doesn't see why these two crazy kids can't keep seeing each other. RTSB presents Fer with...the watch that dad stole at her birthday party. They claim it's a replacement. Vic seethes. Os agrees the two should be able to see each other. Idiot.

At home, Vic and Os fight over the Fer and Fed match up. Vic insists that if anything happens to their daughter it will be his fault. Os yells. He's tired of her threats. He goes off about something...(how terribly she treats others?)

Maria and nuns FF>>

Vic sneaks a trip to Eva. She tells Eva that Burnie is turning her daughter against her. She wants Eva's help.

Gabi and Fer discussing Jardinerito. No big revelations. Fer is still claiming undying love for Fede. She's taking him to Miami.

Pip and María talking about Miami (I'm beginning to think they won't get to Miami until the Final.) Pip sees the ring and blathers on and makes a crack about Os and realizes what he's done. María tells him she knows. Pip wants to know what she knows. She spills the beans about Linda and confesses she is her roomate. Pip goes into drama mode. There's some "no puede ser-ing."

Cruz is cutting a rose for Fer. She comes out and tells him that they are different classes. He can't offer her anything. She tells him her parents approved of Fede last night. Cruz looks crushed.

Eva is showing Vic the picture her sister and husband: Gonzalo and Rosalia.  Eva tells Vic all about Gonzalo getting Burnie pregnant. She goes on to tell Vic about Burnie burning them alive. Vic is impactada. She says "There was no proof?" She asks to borrow the picture and promises to return it. Eva is reluctant, but does so.

Cruz just can't believe that Fer was faking. She kisses him then pulls away quickly. Yup, she says. Faking. Just playing with you Jardinerito. Cruz cries. I feel so bad! I hope Fer gets a little comeuppance before she officially gets with Cruz. She doesn't appreciate him at all. He leaves the rose on the step.

Maria tries to convince Pip that Linda is not bad. (Yeaahh, right.)

Oscar and Vic talk shop and about Miami preparations (I'm not holding my breath.) Vic says she doesn't have time to chat. He asks if it's about Os. She says because of her cowardice she's about to lose him.

Fer comes back out and sees the rose. She flashes back to her last kiss with him and cries (good, I hope she feels like crap.) She smells and  the fondles the rose. She gets up and heads back inside.

Vic is berating Maria about the Ji/Xi/mena stunt. She tells Maria that in Miami she will not disobey her or do anything without her permission.

Cue the kayak.

Previews:
Things might be heating up: Ji/Xi/mena is gonna find out she's preggers!

Labels:


Comments:
Sara, thanks for another great recap. This one was crucial for me, since I kept flipping over to hear some people singing on another channel.

So, I missed MariaD slapping Ji/Xi/mena and hysterical Nati-on-the-roof. Too bad. Also missed the nasty boy makeover and the dinner with the Padillas.

I did come back in time for Lorena and Padre JP. She must be Max's real madre, coming back in time to add further complications.

Missed Max's soliloquy about Maria. Did he say he fell in love with a uniformed girl (as in fast food or sports?) or an uninformed girl (as in lacking education?) Doesn't much matter, since they're fated to be together. (Eventually.)

Cruz added a special personal touch to the rose for FerBeast. He shed a tear on it as he brushed his check with it. Awwww.
La Paloma
 

Thanks for the great recap! I completely share in your sentiments about the ridiculousness of Natie's roof stunt, and the hideousness of her pants. It was hard to feel bad for her what with all that obnoxious screeching.

On another note: It was so immensely satisfying to witness Maria's dos bitchslaps! About time someone put that pu** in her place. From the look on Max's face I was worried for a sec that he was going to scold Maria, and that I would have had to be mad at him, but luckily he did not.

Lastly: Next week! Jimena is preggers! Let me guess...she will try to use this to lure Max back, and because TN characters don't watch Jerry Springer and therefore know the importance of paternity tests, he will believe that the baby is his. Que ridiculo! Well, at least things are finally picking up...
 

P.s.- thoroughly enjoyed the scene from tomorrow night with Osvaldo looking like a ridiculous pimpdaddy in the limo...
 

Sara thanks for another great recap.

Yes Nati whole outfit plus the pants were hideous perhaps that is what finally made her snapped. That screaming of hers was too much and i had to hit the mute button sorry i wasn't feeling sympathy towards her at all.I'm still LOL from you writing Shut it Up.This scene made no sense at all.

Ditto for me with Maria slapping the drugged up looking skank.Too bad bi-polar Vic can't recognized who's the best woman for her step son.

Speakig of bi-polar Vic if she's not willing to speak up on the reason why Ferbeast shouldn't be with RTSB then she needs to Shut it also too.Then to top it off she wants to put the sole blame on Os? Really at this point she needs to check her own darn self into some mental health facility she is just not normal.

Is me but aren't some of these episodes feeling like a filler why are we getting so many flashbacks already for the main couple we're supposed to get that when they break up and miss each other after awhile. More like in the middle and near the end of the novela.
 

Hello -- I've been lurking on this page for months, maybe years now, but never really posted before. Love all the recaps; thank all you recappers for doing them! I love comparing your reactions to mine and seeing if you noticed/loved/hated the same things I did. "Max pulls away and I think he threw up a little bit." --love it!

First poster Anon: he said "uniformed" as in Catholic schoolgirl. Sara was right; it does lose some meaning and picks up some creepiness in translation.

P.S. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Jimena is extremely unfortunate-looking. Goodnight!
 

,,hey guys, im here again!!..i watched this epi already in Spanish Version according to MExico's airing...so, literally, i know what will happen next...but i dont really understand what they're saying...

so, guys, do u want to know what will happen next??..
 

Nooooo!!! Just please tell us it gets better. I subscribe to Tv y Novelas so I know a little, but no spoilers allowed. lol.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. While there was a little more action in this episode (as opposed to Tuesday's snooze-fest) I was still a little "meh"...hence the title.

Right now this show is becoming the most boring roller coaster ever. A lot of up-hill chugging then a down hill thrill that lasts all of 30 seconds. I've invested so much in it already, though, that I refuse to give up.

I didn't put it in the recap, but Univison is finally showing a little bit more for the Teresa teasers. Right now the character looks like a user and gold digger...aren't we supposed to like her?
 

PS: I went back and made a few edits for Spelling/Grammar/Clarification. I know I shouldn't rush to get my recap up, but I have to be at work by 7:45 in the mornings and I have no Blogger access at work. If I don't do a rush job, I wouldn't get a recap out until 5 PM (or later) the next day. So accept my apologies for past (and future) typos/mistakes.
 

Sara,
Thank you. No worries about typos, etc. -- I for one am just grateful for recaps and commentary.

I'd say you better like the Cruz theme song (which I do, fortunately) and Maria-Max tune ( again, I do) or there ain't much entertainment here. Hoping things pick up because even with likable music, some action needed.

JuanJo, the futbolista, is such a sorry actor. Yet, my most recent TVyNovelas praises him. Just goes to show that context is everything! As someone else pointed out, viewers in Mexico who know him as an athlete and novio of many pretty girls, as I recall, probably didn't expect even this much acting skilll from him.

Still find the Cruz-Fer romance the most interesting thing happening. That said, I have to add that I can't wait for Maria to get away from the creepy Sandoval family. I don't think Max is worth contact with the rest of them. Working at the design studio seems to be no treat either. I believe I had these same thoughts about Christina in El Privilegio so while that version was far superior IMHO, our young heroine is in dark waters with her mother and the craziness she has engendered around her.
 

Traveling Lady- I'm with you. About the only thing I like right now is the music. :-(
 

Sara: I LOVED your re-cap! "Lime Green Hot Wheel"...Ok...that has got to stay!

...and 'Random Ho'! Even better!! Even that scene felt like filler...it was nothing but filler last night. We wuz robbed!!!

Someone, please tell me...what was the point of the whole Random Ho scene?! (besides filler).

...and Nathi: GET A GRIP! She was the one who stupidly opened her mouth and tried to 'spare' JuanJo's feelings, but did his response to her honestly call for a suicide attempt?! The girl went from a steady Eddy, studious, responsible type to a histrionic whiner in one day?! Just how stupid do the writers think we are?! (Apparently...pretty stupid).

This TN is simply not in a believable rhythm, but, as Sara said...we've invested so much time in it already, the G-forces are too great to allow us to break away (yet).

Sara...excellent job with a capitulo that had little to offer.

Kaye: No spoilers allowed on this blog, so please...just let us wait for our daily fix! Gracias!

Susanita
 

Nati's suicide attempt was nothing short of ridiculous. I say LindaHo owes her a serious makeover at the very least for her attempt at covering for her. Nati needs contact lenses, a hairstyle, and a completely new wardrobe.

RTSB's makeover scene was hilarious. Now if only Cruz got a makeover (but somebody other than LindoHo will have to do that).

Love the two bitchslaps Maria dealt Ximena. Who apparently can't fight her own battles because she goes whining to Victoria.

Victoria should not have had to sit through the dinner from hell. Had she only told Osvaldo the truth this dinner would not have happened.

I hope she doesn't let it slip that she knows about the fire. Eva may seem creepy, but I want her to drive the stake into Bernardracula, not the reverse.
 

UA: ITA re RTSBs makeover! I found the scene funny and enjoyable. For a brief moment, I was able to 'like' Fony Fer. At the very least, she made an effort to indirectly please her parents through the makeover. I have not seen Fony Fer make too many efforts at pleasing her parents so far, so this had to have been a first.

...on a totally different note, UA..por favor...don't forget "Dark Shadows", OK?!

Susanita
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Re Ji/Xi-mena being pregnant. I'm really curious as to how they will get Sweet William/Max to accept paternity when it would appear that he has not been near Ji/Xi in months, if not years.

No puede ser!

Susanita
 

Sara- Many thanks for the recap. The only enjoyable part of this episode were the slaps, and Max's proud response to his fiesty woman. After that, only more filler and ridiculousness. I was left speechless by the Nati suicide attempt. Really, the less said about that, the better.

I immediately thought Lorena was Maria M's long lost mom, not Max's. I very much doubt Max's mom was a two bit whore. I'm sure she's some cold, calculating, blonde, uber-b!tch. But overly made up, former street walker looking Lorena looks like the perfect candidate for MM's mom, and I'm sure padre will be the one to make the connection once he learns her story.
 

Another stellar recap, Sara. You breathed some much needed life into this episode. Very funny. You cracked me up with:

"She wants to die. ¡Morirme! (And she's wearing the ugliest pants I've ever seen.)"

I'm ashamed to admit, I found myself shouting, "JUMP!"

I also rather enjoyed watching Vicky squirm at that dinner. Since it's impossible to choose between them, I alternate cheering first for Vicky and then for Ozzy depending on which is the more obnoxious at the moment.

Carlos
 

Tks Sara,
The ONLY voice of reason in this TN has gone berserk! And shouldn't Nathy be in the psycho ward after a suicide attempt?

Good grief, I think we jumped the shark a couple of wks ago.

Jimena got to third base, but I didn't see any congressing there, so how did she get pregnant? Oh, I'm sure, the old Mejia standby, she gives Max some of her drugs or gets him drunk & somehow he is able to get amorous.

I tried La reina del sur last night & I think I would like it, but it's just too late for me to exercise my brain trying to understand español.
 

Sara - Thanks for the recap/recrap and great, snarky title, too! This sounds like more filler, and to what end? to what purpose? Oh... wait ... it's a Mejía production and makes neither sense nor reason. Achis! Achis!
 

Great work, Sara! Thank you!

Still -- "I subscribe to Tv y Novelas" !!!!!! Did you think I would respect you in the morning???
jajaja!!!

Let me preface this comment by saying I watched the show with the lining on my beanie newly refurbished and my Schmalz Shield firmly in place. But I admit I was moved when old Napo, high up on the ladder, locked eyes with Nathy as she was threatening to jump from the bridge and said: Cruz and I know. We know it was Linda, not you! As goofy as the scene was, the moment felt real.

About Osvaldo:
Before the Dinner for Schmucks, his arguments made sense and he sounded like a father with good instincts -- Let's show up at this thing for our daughter's sake. The more we oppose Scuzzy, the more we drive her into his arms.
After the Dinner for Schmucks, he shows again what a profoundly stupid and superficial man his character is. That Padilla has the trappings of a rich man and Scuzzy has a new haircut -- these things impress Osvaldo. Even without the benefit of Victoria's backstory, he is overly gullible. As long as you feed his vanity, he'll take what you say at face value. That's why he's putty in Guillermo's and LindaHo's evil hands.

Ruby! Welcome to the blog! Glad to see you've come in from the cold!

About Lorena and padre -- not sure what role she'll play. She looks like a victim to me. I picture Max's mother as a güera, and an impossibly beautiful Amazon besides. I'd be surprised if Lorena turned out to be related to Max in any way. If she's anyone's long-lost mother, maybe María Magdalena's?
 

Could somebody please tell me what JuanJo said to Nati to make her so upset, I know she took the blame for Linda but since there was no recap for that day I have no idea what was said.

I was so proud of Maria for slugging Ximena! How Victoria could ever have had her as her top model I will never know, she looks old as the hills (to old for Max) and there were models prettier than her. Victoria should thank her lucky stars that Maria came along and wanted to be a model.

As a mother Victoria should want Maria as a daughter-in-law the babies would be better looking!!!
 

Susanita, no te preocupes. We'll think of a way to make this happen, especially with Johnny Depp's movie going into production next month.

Guillermo made Ximena pregnant. What escapes me is that after every hijo natural credited to actors and musicians and particularly that Gui never wanted kids, why isn't he using condoms or -- better yet -- getting a vasectomy? Alejandro Fernandez did that.
 

UA; Gracias, amiga! I am relieved to hear that you have not abandoned "The Project"!!

Vivi: Excellent point about RandomHO Lorena possibly being MM's mother.

NovelaMaven: yes..ITA..I, too, thought that Don Napo was very 'real' during that ladder scene. It was good to hear someone speak the truth, for a change.

I am also just as happy as everyone else that Maria D (not too Desinformada this time)stood her ground and slapped that witch for all she was worth!

The best part was that Sweet William/Max stood by his woman. I was getting a little worried when I saw the look on his face, but he did not disappoint!

Susanita
 

I'm confused i thought Os said that Max's mother was in jail because she murdered someone?

The new novelan that's going to start Teresa didn't someone say before it was like the novela Rubi?

I still haven't seen the advertisement for David Zepeda's novela.
 

Blu- Yes, Os says Max's mom is in jail. But since she was mentioned so many times last week, we all figure she's going to make an appearance sometime. I highly doubt Lorena is Max's mom. I stick by my theory that she is Maria M's mom.

As for Teresa- It is the remake of Teresa from 1989 which starred Salma Hayek. Both Teresa and Rubi have been remade many times, but the first Teresa was from the 50's and the first Rubi was from the 60's. Both novelas are about an ambitious, bad woman.
 

Sara, this was great. So many wonderful lines, my favorite being: "(He's no Braulio)". I agree that Nati's "acting is terrible". Her character is a watered down version of Sarita's character in FELS and she ain't no Nora Salinas.

I hope to start watching this on a more regular basis, I like Pablo Montero but can't for the life of me figure out why he's in love with Fer. A face - yes but no enticing other traits that I can see.

Diana
 

I hadn't thought about MariaM's mom making an appearance, but that's probably more likely than Lorena as Max's real mother.
I had the same thought about Teresa--sounds a lot like Rubi. I guess there's always a market for evil, yet beautiful, women.
La Paloma
 

Vivi thanks for the info i never saw either but i have read some who did like the version of Rubi with Barbara Mori.

Did anyone see Gordo y Flaca i can't remember which magazine it was for possibly Telenovelasyseries i think but on the cover it showed William and his family Elizabeth,Christopher and baby Kailey who's sooooooooo cute. Really a beautiful little family.
 

Great recap; thanks for the detail and the fine snark. Also loved the shoutout to Braulio the butler...ah, now there was a good telenovela.

Nati's little cry for attention just made me laugh. Really laugh, tears and everything. It was just so ridiculous and out of character. I'm trying to embrace the camp, because otherwise I'm only watching this show for the eye candy and the music (sometimes I rewind Cruz's scenes several times just to hear his theme song some more).
 

Blu- It's a People Espanol article. Here is the mag cover and an article about it: http://bit.ly/egIryq

You're right. It's a cute family pic.
 

Thanks Vivi i didn't catch the name of the mag.
 

Sara: Thanks for another terrific snark bark. The title says mucho. If it weren't for the melodramatic rooftop scene I'd have started snoring along with the two cats.....

I'll be doing this Friday's recap from sunny FL this weekend. It'll be hard to sacrifice a few hours of weekend sun, but I'll try! Nieto numero uno here I come!
 

Jardinera - Have a wonderful time in warm FL and holding the nieto!

Perhaps we should change the spelling from Mejía to Meh-ía?
 

Don't forget William will be co-starring in tonight's episode of Mujeres Asesinas.
 

RandomHo is too dark to be Max's mom. If she were Max's mom, he'd have coloring similar to Fabian and Fernanda. Instead he has lighter hair and eyes. Max's mom is probably some blond chick.
 

Anonymous - Characters not looking like the other telenovela characters who ultimately turn out to be their parents is a staple of the genre. That never stopped a plot.
Which is why we wear our telenovela beanie hats.

;o)
 

Vivi-excellent call. Were I not such a TN newbie I probably would have remembered that MM is also motherless. Lorena *did* say that she was suffering a mother's pain. I regret not putting it in the recap now. I just assumed I misheard her because she never explained the comment. I'll know better next time.

Carlos- I fleetingly hoped Nati would jump, too.

Doris- Meh-ía...perfección

Ruby-Welcome!!!

NovelaMaven- I'm really starting to like Don Napo. I was so glad he told Nati about him and Cruz knowing about Linda.
 

Doris: Meh-jia! Oh yes! That one is DEFINITELY going to stand the test of time. Congratulations!!!

Jar: Florida?! Florida?!? Fantastic!!! You have a wonderful time with your nieto!! We are all so happy for you!!

Susanita
 

I don't think we are going to have a recap, could someone post a place to discuss last night's episode?
 

I put up a comment space for Thursday.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder