Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro #3 Friday 4/22/11 A Family Reunion Looms and a Compromiso That Might Be Doomed

Wow! This show has wasted no time in getting the ball rolling. We're meeting no less than four new characters, visiting three different countries, witnessing at least two arguments, and wondering about the future of one marriage proposal - all within an hour! Ay Dios Mio! Let's get started...

We pick up with Fina spitting fire about Renata being such a flirt. “I don’t know what I was thinking when I kept her!” Roberta is confused but Fina quickly backtracks. “I just can’t understand why I let her stay around when she has the nerve to paw that wretch Diego right in front of me!” Roberta throws a hissy fit because Diego is her friend. Fina promises that she will never let Renata get in the way of Roberta’s happiness. (Which Renata overhears).

The next morning, Roberta is short with Renata because of her fling with Diego. Renata swears she isn’t interested in him and would never interfere with a man Roberta had her eye on. Roberta doesn’t believe it and calls Ren a bad sister before flouncing off.

Gonzalo is thrilled to get an unexpected email from Matias. Just like that, we’re transported to Madrid, Spain, where now grown-up Matias is crying at his mother’s grave.



“It’s been a year since you died and it still isn’t any easier to live without you.” Mat has decided it’s time to return to Mexico. Despite his evil stepmother, Mat feels like the time is right to reconnect with his padre. “I know you would agree. Te amo, Mamá.” (Aww, I like Matias! Hopefully we get some happier scenes soon since he’s very easy on the eyes…)

Gonzo rushes out to the stables to give Renata the good news: Matias is returning to Mexico!! Renata is delighted. Gonzo doesn’t know if Mat is just returning for the job at the company or to reconnect with the family, but either way Gonzo is over the moon about it. Renata congratulates him and they hug. Their relationship is so sweet! Thankfully someone is in Renata’s corner to combat the Fina-Monster.

In all the excitement, Renata has a flashback to a childhood memory of Matias. Even as a ten-year-old, he was clearly unhappy about his father remarrying. Young Gonzo makes Matias give each of his new sisters a bracelet. Roberta is ho-hum about the gift but Renata gives him an enthusiastic hug and a kiss on the check in thanks. Mat sulks away while Renata admires the bracelet. Little Renata’s expression plus the dreamy music make me think that Renata might have had a crush on Mat.

Elsewhere, Roberta is heavily making out with her novio Rafael. They are crazy about each other. Rafael is excited because he is going to sign a contrato de compraventa (sales contract) at the winery in a month. In other words, Rafael has organized his first grape harvest for the winery and is about to sign his first business contract. He makes Roberta close her eyes and surprises her with a marriage proposal. “Bonita, will you marry me?”



Gonzo tells Fina that Matias is finally returning to Mexico after almost 15 years of estrangement. Fina feigns excitement and hopes to be a mother for Mat. “Even though he never loved me like one.” Gonzo assures Fina that the past is in the past; she can make amends with Mat and build a relationship from there. Once Gonzo leaves the room, Fina’s angry face comes out.

Roberta is a little hesitant to accept Rafael’s proposal but Rafael promises to make her happy for the rest of their lives. “You will fall in love with my hacienda, the winery, and will never want to come back to Mexico again! Be my friend, my wife, my bonita. You won’t regret it.” Roberta finally accepts but clearly still has doubts.



Renata strides into work at Empresas Monterrubio and heads straight for her amiga Adriana. They both squeal over Matias retuning but Ren is sure Mat still hates her and whole her family. Adriana is sure once Mat sees how gorgeous his stepsister has become, he’ll forget his anger. Ren can only hope.

Meanwhile in España, we’re treated to our first appearance of Jeronimo!


Qué guapo, no? He wins a fencing match and gets a call from his brother Rafael. Rafa tells Jero that he’s getting married. Jero had no idea Rafa even had a novia but he readily accepts Rafa’s request that he come to Mexico in the next week to celebrate the impending nuptials.

Fina gives Roberta the third degree about her new ring. Roberta lays out the truth: Rafael proposed and she accepted. “Over my dead body!” Says Fina. (Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Fina…)

Roberta’s claws come out. “Rafael is not poor! He has an hacienda and a great future!” Fina is sure that Rafael is only after Roberta’s inheritance from her father. (Wait...from Roberto or Gonzo?) Rafa wouldn’t do such a thing, besides Roberta loves Rafa. Fina cackles. “You love him enough to live in the poorhouse? Because if you marry him, your inheritance is gone and the doors of this house are closed to you forever!”

Roberta doesn’t rise to Fina’s threats; she wouldn’t dare throw her own daughter out on the street. “No me pongas a prueba!” (“Don’t test me!”) Says Fina.

Adriana and Renata are still having girl talk at work, complete with Adriana having pulled out her tarot cards. “In a couple days, the love of your life is going to arrive in Mexico!” (How fun. Both Matias and Jero are arriving in a few days.)

Gonzalo and his cuñado Honorio stroll around the sales floor at the Empresa, discussing Matias. Gonzo wants to start a new leaf with his hijo. Hopefully Renata will understand why he wants to offer Mat the VIP job.

Guillermo Capetillo stands in front of a bullfighting ring and tells a mystery person on the phone that he/she is the “priority in his life”. All right, then...

Matias writes an email, also to a mystery person, about his leaving Mexico. Moving right along…

Constanza drops by Gonzo’s place to drop off some things for Matias. Fina is none too happy to see her. “I’ve never asked for your advice, Coni. Get lost.” There’s mutual dislike here, however, and Coni isn’t one to roll over. “You have no idea how much I regret opening the doors of my family and my company to you! I feel so guilty for Gonzalo having met and married you.”

Fina says Gonzo and her hijas have been very happy over the years. Unlike Constanza, who tried for years but never had any kids of her own. God, no wonder Fina has no friends. Coni is stricken but continues with what she came to do.

Jero muses about his rebellious little brother. He’s grown up to be a good man and a good entrepreneur. Jero hopes Rafa finds all the happiness he deserves.

A ha! We find out that Guillermo Capetillo’s character is named Antonio and he has his sights on Regina. He gives her a bracelet but she doesn’t want to accept such a lavish present from an amigo. Antonio admits he is in love with Regina but she can’t commit to a relationship. “There is no room in my life for love.”



Antonio understands Regina’s dedication to finding her hija but she has to move on with her life. It isn’t that easy for Gina. “I don’t have a right to be happy when I don’t know that she’s happy!” Antonio refuses to give up. He won't let Gina's guilt over her hija ruin her future.

Jero gets a phone call from Matias. They’re amigos! What a small (telenovela) world! Actually, Matias calls Jero “profe”, as in professor. So Jero was his teacher at some point? Anyway, Mat and Jero agree to meet each other when they both arrive in Mexico.

Jero meets his novia, Lorea, in a dark bedroom. So dark I can’t even see her face. He invites her to Rafa’s wedding on the condition she promise to take it easy because they're trying to have a baby. Suddenly Lorea starts having pain in her abdomen and is rushed to the hospital.

Roberta shows off her ring to her amiga but Rob is uncertain about it now. She doesn’t want to lose her inheritance; she couldn’t bear to live around poor people. Rob is starting to doubt her feelings for Rafa.

Gina frets to Ines about her convo with Antonio. She has always felt guilty for losing her hija. She has no idea how to stop feeling how she does. Ines tells her amiga that she has to forgive herself in order to move on.

Rafael visits Renata at work and she enthusiastically greets him. Gonzo walks in and gets all bent out of shape about it.

Jero stalks into Lorea’s room with a grave face. Apparently Lorea had been secretly using birth control, which caused her to start bleeding. "When were you going to tell me that it wasn’t in your plans to have an hijo?”

Jero feels as though something has broken between them. He decides they’re done with. Lorea begs him to reconsider but no dice. “You lied to me. You don’t deserve a second chance.” He leaves and Lorea sobs. Wow, I'm impressed. That was ten capitulos worth of plot in about ten minutes.

Gonzo drops the puritan act and greets Rafael cordially. Rafa says he has news for them but will wait until everyone is together to tell them.

After the commercial break, Rafa and Ren are out to lunch. Rafa asks Renata if her padre would accept a son-in-law like him. “Well that’s a little forward!” Renata teases. She answers honestly that Gonzo would approve of Rafa because he’s responsible and hard-working. But she doesn’t understand why he would ask such a weird question.

Fina meets an unnamed Licenciado and asks for his unconditional support. She is afraid Matias’s return will turn Gonzo and his hijas against her. Fina wants to know all of Gonzo’s financial details immediately, before Mat returns. She turns on the charm to get him to agree.

Gonzalo asks Renata if there’s anything between her and Rafael. Of course not! They’re just friends. But Ren admits she’s a little overly affectionate sometimes. Gonzo loves that about her and tells her to never change. “Be who you are, no matter what.” It’s official; they are adorable as father and daughter.



In Ruta de Vino, Ensenada, Baja California, workers tend to a gorgeous farm. A man named Dr. Alvaro Nesme checks up on their progress. He compliments Rafa’s work but another menacing guy wants to buy out Rafa’s crops. Dr. Nesme promises to convince Rafa to sell. “You had better.” Menacing guy warns the doctor.

Rafa is on the phone with Roberta. The business plan didn’t go as well as he wanted; they offered way less than what the harvest is worth. Though Rafa still wants to get married within the next month. Roberta thinks he’s nuts for rushing the wedding but he doesn’t want to wait another minute than necessary.

Matias starts to wonder if returning home is a good idea. “Can I really face that woman again?” Mat has a flashback to playing soccer in the yard as a kid. His soccer ball accidentally hits Fina in the back and she throws a fit. She berates Mat and screeches that she doesn’t want brats like him in her house. Similar to how Fina chopped up Renata’s braids, she stabs a hole in Mat’s soccer ball with gardening shears.

On that happy memory, Matias vows that he is not willing to cut his father out of his life any longer. “Not for Fina or anyone else!”



Avances: Fina slaps Roberta for mouthing off, Roberta calls Rafael with a plan, and Renata and Jeronimo literally run into each other in a hallway.

Happy Easter, Everyone! Relax this weekend because it looks like this show is going to take us for a ride.

Labels:


Comments:
Yikes, sorry about the miniscule font. I pasted this over from Word and the formatting went all crazy. I'll have to try to fix it when I've had some sleep. ;)
 

Great recap, Flores! Thanks very much. I am still having trouble figuring out who everyone is and keeping them straight, and I found your recap immensely helpful.

BTW, I didn't have any trouble with the font, but I noticed that one small part was in a larger font.

Gotta run. I'm leaving town in an hour, so I can't write more now.
 

floresdeazul, what a thrill having you back! I always love your recaps and this is no exception. You clearly haven't lost your touch. I've missed you. Was it one of the actors here that lured you back?

As best I could tell, Lorea and Jero were hoping for her to get pregnant/be pregnant. She said that she'd take a year off and slow down if she were. At the hospital he found out that her IUD had screwed up (probably imbedded itself- encarnar) causing her to bleed. He was pithed that she didn't want to get pregnant after all so broke things off then and there... jerk. Already, I don't like him... didn't like Aldo (LFMB)... don't like Jero.

Oh well, I guess that frees him up for Reginata.

I hadn't been understanding quite what had happened with Gonzo's first wife. He divorced her for Pepafina?
Brilliant move.

Sorry, but Renata doesn't seem to be a mental giant. Rafael asks if Gonzo will accept him as son-in-law and she can't put it all together? Oh well, she's very pretty and perky.

Carlos
 

Sorry, I meant to add:

dispositiva= IUD

Carlos
 

Terrific recap flores! You are so right, they jammed at least 20 capitulos worth into last night's episode.

Carlos, I agree that Jero seems a bit unforgiving and pompous. Please writers, don't cram Aldo down our throats again!

In the first scene between Constanza and young Gonzo (le pant, le heave) she mentioned that he and his wife were separated and she was living elsewhere.

I'm liking the broody Matias. I don't think I've seen the actor in anything else.

Thanks Flores!
 

Thanks for the kind comments all!

Carlos, I was lured back by the cast and my own novela addiction. I'm still swamped with classes and work but I just couldn't stay away any longer. Muchas Gracias for clearing up the Lorea/Jero situation. I'm going to do a little editing to fix that part.

Jero certainly doesn't come off very likeable in his first episode. I'm warming up to Matias much faster than Jero.
 

Hey, Flores, I had to fix your formatting because it was screwing up the whole blog. Not your fault, but Word inserts codes that make Internet Explorer go insane, so please don't use Word to compose your posts (use notepad or something like that), or at least, save the post as PLAIN TEXT before posting. In future, how you can fix this after the fact is to go to caray and cut and paste your own text back into the editing text box. However, since you had so many pictures, I had to cut and paste between each picture. But it's all good now! thanks for your hard work!
 

Gracias Flores--great recap!

So far, I'm loving this novela, and I'm having flashbacks: Silvia Navarro romping around the offices of the "empresa" (como Grupo Lactos in MEPS) and Any Balls from MEPS proposing to another unavailable woman.

Let's hope the rapid pace with which this novela is unfolding continues all the way through.
 

I figured out what station this is so I'm going to be watching the next episode. There are some guapo guys. Wow that's a lot of story in just one episode.
 

Flores, I agree with Carlos, it is so good to have you back recapping. Great recap and loved the pictures.

That mama/pepa/fina is one scary women. The socer ball deflation was as hard to watch as the braid cutting. I wouldn't trust that women with any sharp objects.
 

Wow - Juan Soler really looks great! Love the haircut. He looks nice older. The fencing scene was a nice touch too.

The woman playing Renata is very appealing.

Friday was the first day I had a chance to watch. Fortunately I had read all the Caray, Caray comments so I had some idea what was going on.

Where do I know the Fina actress from?

OK - off to read the recap. Thanks!

Audrey
 

Oh - thanks for that detail about the dispositiva Carlos. I couldn't figure out what was going on - I thought maybe she was going through a self-induced abortion by using a suppository or something? But cramping from a new IUD - that makes sense.

With Geronimo's reaction - I think we see the foreshadow of a man who can be ruthless when bent on revenge. I think Juan might be good in this role.

Audrey
 

Shucks I had no clue how wonky the font made the formatting. Lo siento mucho! Recapping has always been a learning curve in one way or another.

Welcome aboard, Audrey! That's an interesting perspective to take on Jero's coldness at the end. We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

And Fina is played by Rocio Banquells. She was Isabella, a villiana in Cuidado con el Angel, and Sofia in Pasion. She certainly does evil very, very well. Her villainous cackle is award-worthy.
 

Thank you for the recap. I'm kind of glad that Roberto (Sebastian Rulli) has made his exit and that Pepa (fka Maggarita Megana) has become Fina because they are both playing other characters in "Teresa" and frankly, it was just a little too difficult to wrap my mind around the scene changes.

I thought Univision had run out of actors and kept recycling the same crew - but, then a grown up Matias appears on the screen and we see a new face. Yeah!
 

floredeazul: Thanks for a terrific read!

Silvia Navarro I knew would be difficult for me to understand, but I find I have to get used to a number of new actors' accents. The dialog goes so quickly at times that I am having to play catch up like I haven't had to do in years since I first started watching these things. New vocab in this, too.
=========
Jerry really is an obnoxious prig, isn't he? His girlfriend's insides are punctured and bleeding, she's lying in a hospital bed doped up from the pain, and he decides right then and there to go ahead and tell her he's breaking off their relationship.
 

Hi floresdeazul! I might be wrong about who takes vengeance. When I read the synopsis posted a week ago, I read about this being the story of revenge, and that Renata would be the wrongly targeted victim. So I assumed that the Juan Soler character was the one bent on revenge. But it seems that the Matías character has lots of reasons for revenge too.

I suppose there might be multiple vengeance plots running in tandem?

Anyway - I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough! :)

Audrey
 

Wow! Jeronimo is muy guapo in that fencing scene. I hope that's not the last we see of his smile. He looks pretty stern by the end.

Juan Soler looks way better than he did as Aldo in Fea -- and I was one of his supporters. Nice haircut.

Great recap Floresdeazul.
 

Man, I am also happy to see poor Roberto pushing up daisies and an older version of Pepa-Fina myself. Seeing Sebastian Rulli and MM twice a nite in two different roles was extremely confusing.

I have to say, though, CONGRATS TO CASTING FOR USING AGE APPROPRIATE ACTORS for the early years.
 

Floresdeazul - Your recap is so clear and wonderfully written. This is indeed a wild horse ride so far. I feel like I need to go back and review the first three episodes before Monday just to keep track of all the plot lines that have been cast out for us to trip on.

I didn't realize that you had taken a hiatus in recapping too. Welcome back. This is going to be such a fun team. The cast is delicious and the story is dizzying with possibilities of delights and demons. Westward Ho! And thankfully they lost the 70's version of the CME song. I love Enrique Iglesias. I like they way they combine flash forward and flash back, it keeps me on my toes.

At this moment I am watching 10 Commandments with its pre-computerized special effects. Maybe CME needs some big crowd scenes like this with animals, kids and,,,, oops, here comes the sea crashing back on the Egyptians. Still pretty good effects if a bit primitive and hoaky but for 1956. Like Renata's perfect hairdo after the braid cutting incident, Moses suddenly went from raggedy looking to that magnificent hairdo Heston sported even through seawater. Somethings never change.
 

Great recap floresdeazul! Thanks! Love your commentary along with the details. Moving right along..... LOL!

This TN is looking promising and I may have to follow it. Most of the actors are new to me which is nice. The only other TN I am watching regularly is La Reina del Sur. I really don't care for Teresa, and Los Herederos is so boring it's pathetic.

Audrey
 

Aweseom job Flora. So appreciate getting everyone straight for us. Busy with some "getting ready for the Holiday" stuff and was only half listening/watching the episode.

Did like the fencing scene, but our hero, Jero, sure is a tough cookie. I think the whole dumping of the girlfriend was to show how he will not be taken with someone who lies or betrays...and we need a back story to tell us why. Otherwise, he'll seem a bit to cold/undeserving of our sweet Nata. (I need to get rid of some of these "R"s". )

I just love Gonzo and Nata together. Wondering how Matias will fits in to the love stories on this TN. He seems like he'll be a good guy, but bet Mama is going to want him for Gina.( She could be redeemable - after all was ready to marry a "poor"guy until Mama played the guilt card on her.)

This should be good...like the pace and hope we don't start hitting slow-mo episodes.
 

Fina is one mala madre, this much is certain. She doesn't deserve Gonzalo.

I'm sure it won't be long before we find out what's eating Jeronimo and who did him wrong.

Mattias needs hair.
 

Flores, thank you so much for the recap on this holiday weekend.

This is the first TN that I have seen the actress Fina, and she is one evil villian. Her daughter is not far behind in the evil department.

Poor Geronimo, I don't blame him for being angry. That is one serious lie she told. If she did not want children, she should have told him up front instead of getting an IUD.

I don't think Fina is going to take kindly to the prodigal son returning.

With all of the new actors coming on board, this TN should start heating up. Next week should be fun.

Rosemary
 

Urban A: ITA! Mattias needs hair! I didn't like that scalped look when I was a kid and I didn't care for it when guys came back from their boot camp during my college days, and I dislike it just as much as ever on boys and men today. JMO and preference.
 

Jardinera, this trend has been around too long. Six years ago I freelanced in an office that had a lot of bald and balding men. Most of them did a complete Yul Brynner and most of those guys had beards. I felt like I was in a Dostoyevsky novel.
 

UA and Jardinera: Ditto on the hairless Matias. First thing I thought when I saw him was "Wow, bet he's gorgeous with hair. "

http://i2.esmas.com/2008/09/02/7694/jose-ron300x350.jpg...and I was right!!!!
 

about...
Matias writes an email, also to a mystery person, about his leaving Mexico. Moving right along…
He was writing a general email to all his friends about his leaving, he was going back to Mexico and he was telling them all that he would miss them and if they ever went by Mexico to contact him so they could get together. He wasn't sriting about anyone else, he was writing a farewell message.
In the grave scene he said his mom had left (I guess died) a year ago and it was time to go back now.
 

I agree that JS looks much better here than with the longer hairdo. And I am willing to give him the chance to prove that he can play a man bent on revenge...
isn't this the second novela in a row where Sylvia Navarro plays a woman victim of a man bent on revenge? wasn't her character this way too in MEPS? also with an evil step mom... some things never change.
 

martaivett: Yup, MEPS too. Once we get beyond the introductory stage I think we'll see her range --if it's allowed here.
 

Did anyone notice that Rafael has one of the 'R' necklaces and Roberta was wearing one last friday while Renata was wearing another type of pendant (btw, that one was beautiful, looked like a dark navy saphire surrounded by diamonds).
So how are they going to explain that now Roberta has a 'R' necklace and Renata does not? or is that the same storyline they used in 'La mentira'? but here it doesn't make sense unless Roberta had them both to begin with
 

Great recap. Was confused with so much going back and forth, and characters, so thank you again for great recap. I didn't quite understand who that menacing character was in the fields, that came out of nowhere.

I can't believe Rocio Banquells is playing such a bad mother type, she was so good in Pasion. I can't believe it's the same actress.

I love Sylvia Navarro, I think she can do no wrong. I hope she's nice in real life.
 

Rosemary, actually so far (and I stand to be corrected starting tonight) Roberta seems not half as evil and manipulative as Virginia was in La mentira '98. Virginia always whined and played the victim but i never and I mean NEVER saw her actually shed a tear, especially shed a tear showing remorse or any pain/concern for anyone else, like Roberta did here as a kid.
Also the fact that Roberta is confronting her mom and trying to put her feelings ahead (of course, that is only before her mother tells her 'choose between our money/luxuries and that nobody (Rafa)) of her mother's wishes.
I wonder if she has forgot what she overheard her mother say about Renata 'shouldn't have taken you along' or if that knowledge will come to surface later on when she can play it as a card against Renata or blackmailing her own dear mamita.
 

Martaivett, I did not see La Mentira so I cannot compare the two. I just remember Roberta complaining about no ribbons (that actually she did not want) which caused the haircut. Then there was the complaint about Diego being her friend and not Renata's. The next day she called Renata a bad sister. She has not won any points with me.

Good catch about the "R" necklaces. I wonder what that is all about?

Rosemary
 

Thank you for the recap floresdeazul!

I like the actor playing Matías better with hair too but he looks younger with it so I guess they decided to shave his head because of that. So he is not really going bald in real life.

This is the third novela where the main plot is the galán wanting to act revenge on Silvia, actually. MEPS and CME in Televisa, and there was Montecristo in TV Azteca with the actor playing father JP on Triunfo. It could be the fourth one if I include another novela where she married a man she didn't love for money to help her family after she was deceived by another and he found out and decided to make her life hell afterwards but in the end they truly fell inlove. I like her the best when she gets to do a little comedy though.
 

Rosemary and Martaivett, I'm betting that now that Roberta has both the R pendant and the heart condition, Regina will think that she is actually her long lost daughter adding at least another 12 episodes.

Carlos
 

Martaivett: I only saw the first 6 hrs. of La Mentira and they've seemingly changed the opening storyline and Roberta's reasons and sincerity in accepting to marry the younger brother. Thus the degree of nasty personality of that her character also is also different, don't you agree?

Also, I would imagine that Pepa-Fina took the necklace off Reginita/Renata and gave it to Roberta outright out of meanness and jealousy.
===========

Rosemary/: I will only say to wait for the story to develop and you will understand the importance of the neclaces which I thought are supposed to be exactly the same
Like mother, like daughter.
 

I agree with Carlos regarding the pendant and heart conditon but with the twist that Regina doesn't feel a connection towards Roberta and feeling closer to Renata (her real daughter) fueling Roberta's jealousy towards Renanta.

~Caborita
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder