Monday, April 18, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro - synopsis in English

Sorry folks, the turgid writing of the original sinopsis, surpassing even the usual standard, turned it into quite a muddle. But I'm sure you get the idea.

Cuando me enamoro: a telenovela full of passions, love, encounters, misunderstandings, betrayals and vengeance. About the rebelliousness that overwhelms our will when a strong sentiment like love can't be controlled or quenched, which doesn't disappear even when we fight it within ourselves ...

This is just what happens to our protagonists Renata and Jerónimo, who find themselves in the terrible predicament of hating the profound love that grows between them. A woman in love marries a man whose primary goal is to avenge the death of his half brother.

Jerónimo, a businessman who lives in Spain, comes to Mexico to visit his half-brother Rafael Gutiérrez, employed by las Empresas Monterrubio and owner of a hacienda. On his arrival he's informed his brother has killed himself over a woman called "La Bonita", Roberta Monterrubio, whom he was to marry and who supposedly abandoned him. In reality, it was her mother who murdered him!

In the airport he meets Renata (adopted daughter of Gonzalo, director of the Monterrubio businesses) casually and is struck by her beauty immediately, not knowing her true identity. Love rises between them that will mark them for life.

It was destiny, along with the intrigues of "mother" Josefina) and Renata's sister Roberta, that make Jerónimo think (incorrectly) that Renata had a relationship with his half brother Rafaél who, feeling betrayed and used by her, committed suicide. Jerónimo swears at his brother's grave that his death ill not go unpunished; despite the profound love he feels for Renata, he deceives her and desides to make her suffer and pay for all the sadness she caused his brother.

Eventually Jerónimo discovers it was really Roberta and Josefina, the grand villains of the story, that played with Rafael's sentiments. The whole world thinks of Renata and Roberta as twin sisters, but [of course] there is a great secret: Josefina is Roberta's mother but Renata is the daughter of Regina and Roberto.

Josefina and Roberto were lovers; she got pregnant at the same time as his wife Regina. When Josefina discovered Roberto would only protect his legitimate daughter, leaving Roberta none of his inheritance and fortune, she decided to rob the little girl for revenge. Josefina took the little girl on as her own with the intention of recuperating her inheritance and sharing it with her and her half-sister when she reached the age of 25.

In profound sorrow Regina Soberón dedicates her whole life to finding her daughter, renouncing her own womanhood in favor of the search. With time she encounters love again with Antonio, a good man who offers her help and stability; on the other hand there's Gonzala, a married man...

Labels: ,


Comments:
Wow! This one sounds like a potboiler. There are way too many 'R' names to keep straight.
 

This novela is going to start competing with Cristal/El Privilegio de Amar/Triunfo de Amor/million other remakes of it for most re-done telenovela. It's a good plot, but Univision/Televisa really need to come up with new stories. And not mess with classics that are still fresh on people's minds (see 1993 Corazon Salvaje and laughable re-make).

This has gotten great press, but I don't think I will be tuning in. Honestly for me nothing tops La Mentira with Kate del Castillo and Guy Ecker. They're both fabulous as is the supporting cast, and the novela was unintentionally funny at times with the amount of inappropriate drinking the writers had Kate doing.
 

I will be tuning in. Juan Soler doesn't do much for me but the story sounds top notch.
 

It will be interesting to see how closely they follow the original, or at least the storyline of the one GE and KdC did years ago.
 

My screen is bleeding purple.

Juan Soler doesn't appeal to me (although I'm fresh off hating Aldo; maybe a new character of his can win me over), but I'll give this a chance.
 

I will definitely tune in because of Silvia Navarro, she is a fine actress.

Star
 

By the way, as far as I know it's Cuando Me Enamoro, which translates to "When I Fall in Love". That's e-na-MO-ro. Cuando Me Enamoró (e-na-mo-RO) would translate to "When he/she courted/seduced/made me fall in love".

Juan Soler is really good in Cañaveral de Pasiones, which was topnotch. He's also good in La Otra. His characters aren't necessarily appealing though.
 

Julie, I'm giving it a pass. i didn't like the first version of this and can't see myself sitting through yet another refrito. And i too am trying get over my Aldo hate. LOL
 

I'm all in for this one. I haven't been able to devote time to a novela since HQEDNS and this came along at just the right time.

Looks like we're in for a HUGE cast. Loads and loads of characters to keep track of. I'm curious to see how they all work into the story.
 

I'll probably take a peek once in a while. I knew this would happen when I started in with telenovelas—they're like potato chips! I can't stop at just one! But I think for my sanity I'll "share" time between it and Triunfo (which I also watch now and then but not faithfully). It's the only way I can keep up! LOL.
 

This novela doesn't follow La Mentira that closely, it uses te same vengeance and all but there's alot of changes.

I like Juán Soler, I LOVED him in Cañaveral de Pasiones and I liked him in La Otra. His character here drives me a little batty but the character of Demetrio used to drive me batty in La Mentira too.

Jarocha
 

I'm in too. Mainly because I want to see now Navarro interprets this character. But if all the women are frustratingly stupid I will 'cue the kayak'.
 

I've been busy polishing my beanie, sounds like a 3 beanie novela.

Looking forward to Navarro though.
 

I've been going through withdrawals since Eva ended. Don't like the other options of Llena which is almost over and Triunfo which sucks in my opinion. I'm a big fan of Navarro and Soler. So despite all the "R" names, I'm in.
 

This is on at 7 ET, isn't it? That'd make it difficult for me to watch... I also don't have a lot of time to watch anything... but I am curious to see Soler in a non-Aldo role, so I may give it a week or two and see.

He definitely looks 100x better than Aldo now that he has a decent haircut. (Let Colunga grow his hair out again, though! Please!!)
 

Wow - sounds like a lot of emotional angst! Those misplaced (or wrongly directed) vengeance plots usually mean some serious long-suffering for both the victim and misguided perpetrator. But they can also be great drama.

Juan Soler seems like a pretty good actor. I am not a big fan, but I don't find him annoying either. If he does well in this role I expect I'll enjoy it. He does look pretty good with the haircut.

Not sure if I'll be able to handle a super long drawn out plot with lots of suffering though. I couldn't handle La Otra - the lead female just cried too much, accepted way too much abuse, and the mother was such a mean nightmare.

We'll see.

Audrey
 

Yikes. What a confusing storyline. I will tune in to see Silvia, but I'm already halfheartedly watching TDA and Teresa. ~~~Susanlynn, marking time while waiting for Fernando and Big Ed
 

Susanlynn: I'm in the same boat, but SN and JS are too good to miss.
 

Could someone send me the instructions again to try to set myself up to post recaps directly?
thanks
 

When does this one start?
 

According to several sites I looked at, "Cuando Me Enamoro" will begin April 20 (yikes, that's tomorrow! Or, rather, today, since it's after midnight here on the East Coast) at 7 p.m.

I still haven't decided whether to watch it. I loved Silvia Navarro in "Mañana es Para Siempre" and I liked Juan Soler in "Apuesta Por Un Amor" and "La Otra," but the plot of CME reads like a rehash of a dozen bad telenovelas.
 

Marta, has anyone gotten back to you about posting recaps directly?

First episode tonight!
 

Wow, I just realized this premiers tonight, I am just thankful I have until Monday to get settled into the story. Cap'n Sylvia, I don't think I have teamed up with you since Juan Querendon days so this will be fun with new and old friends suffering and/or soaring the literary heights together.

Sylvia will you send me a message at cherylnewmex@gmail.com. I think the directions for posting have changed and I may not know the new way either. Thanks.
Last one in is a rubber ducky!
 

this is the song that made me LOL writing teh recap for tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoVMa3DL-MY
 

I sent the recap to jar and others to post for me this time, promise will try to figure this out by next wk
 

Marta, you could send your recap to me, too, and tell me what's the problem so I can explain to you. caray@mappamundi.com
 

thanks, I just need the instructions sent to me again so I can try to line myself up to post the recaps directly...
 

Sounds very confusing but I like to stick to a 7 pm time slot. I got lured off by those 2 hr. episodes of Hasta que el dinero nos separe & then Fea. I guess I'll give it a shot.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder